[Official] Skyrim/Elder Scrolls Debate Thread

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
TESV2012-05-0721-14-18-58.jpg

Shes not manly or muscular at all.

Nord woman tend to have that same voice, that really European northerny kind of voice, as well as being really tall and muscular. But she's alright.

Sent from HTC app Tapatalk

I disagreed. Nord women are fare more sexier than imperial women. Look at Maven's daughter. WOW what a babe she is :)

Olfina Gray-Mane...total babe in my book ;)

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Dagmar If you're gonna post a picture of Lydia at least pick out a good one. IMO the one that you posted looks like crap, and apparently someone had way too much fun on Photoshop.
lydia_528_poster.jpg

Now this is better. Lydia doesn't need to be "altered" she looks good the way she is.

Photoshopping her is a serious crime :)

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
An addition Ever since the Dawnguard DLC came out I think Lydia came across some serious competition. The newest nord vampire woman, Serana. Man shes a hottie! I think she may have kicked Lydia's ass in popularly.

I usually hate having followers, but damn! Shes an ass kicker I tell you.

TESV2012-08-1903-33-12-34.jpg

<3 <3 <3
TESV2012-08-1903-33-05-83.jpg

Her eyes are beautiful :)

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
Her eyes are beautiful :)
beautiful and scary, or scarily beautiful.

Plus, you guys are forgetting about Ysolda, now THAT is a good looking nord woman

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
If we're on the topic of babes.

Aela the Huntress. Discuss.

DovahCap

True, true. What about Olfina Gray Mane? She's got a nice face, although the white hair confuses me; is she old or does she have very white colored hair?

True, true. What about Olfina Gray Mane? She's got a nice face, although the white hair confuses me; is she old or does she have very white colored hair?

I did mention her earlier, but yes, she is a babe. And the hair thing...it does look white, and it very well could be...but it could also be a very light blonde .

DovahCap

If you kill Jon Battle Born, he has a letter from Olfina. I haven't actually read it though, lol.

BigBad

Person of Interest
Olfina and Jon are a 'lovers from feuding clans' Romeo and Juliet thing. Except with less suicide. Probably. Olfina definitely loses points off her hotness for the third-most annoying bark in Whiterun: "What's the matter? Can't stand the sight of a strong Nord woman?"

Docta Corvina

I disagreed. Nord women are fare more sexier than imperial women. Look at Maven's daughter. WOW what a babe she is :)

Ah, but MY analysis is restricted to Imperial men. ;) I could not care less about Imperial and/or Nord women. Or any race's women for that matter.

Imperial men = PERFECTION

Paarthurnax was a mass murderer who enslaved entire races, before he reformed. He even admits it, if you follow the proper dialog options. As well as the fact that he could return to his Nature at any time, especially now that Big Bad Al is gone, and he's the last remaining son of Akatosh. But other than that, you're right, there's be no justice in killing him.

BigBad

Person of Interest
It's not really justice. It's revenge, and it's short-sighted. The crimes Paarthurnax commited were done literally ages ago, long outside mortal living memory. Yes, he did horrible things, and very likely deserves to die for them, but not a single one of the people clamoring for his death has any relation to those crimes other than reading about them in an obscure history book. Esbern and Delphine's outrage rings kinda false when you consider this:

Over virtually the entirety of Skyrim's recorded history, Paarthurnax has forgone his urges and remained atop the Throat of the World, peacefully guiding an order of non-interventionist monks and keeping watch against the eventuality of Alduin's return. One could consider it to be imprisonment for his crimes, even if it was self-inflicted. He not only turned against Alduin, but was the only reason the mortals won, either time. Kynareth and Akatosh may be responsible for gifting the Thu'um to mortals and creating the Dragonborn, but Paarthurnax was the first one to teach them how to access and use that power against the dragons. When you've never been victimized by him or even met anyone who has, killing him over ancient reports smacks of ingratitude.

Then there's the fact that Paarthurnax's conviction in the Way of the Voice can hardly be questioned. He's followed it for thousands of years. After Alduin's defeat, he tries to spread this philosophy among other dragons. Even if he's not universally successful (as Odahving predicts), any dragon that does convert is one less that's gonna be ravaging the countryside. Let him achieve his Ambition in becoming a Cruel Overlord by forcing dragons to deny their inborn natures to dominate and destroy.

And, as one last point to consider, 99 percent of the Dragonborns that are presented with this choice are hardly innocent, noble, pure heroes of righeousness themselves. Especially if they've done some of the Daedric quests.