Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
Oh and I suppose you weren't when you said all Nords were Stupid yes :rolleyes: ? I'm not a bigot just someone who looks at it realistically. Its a harsh world and the Dunmer of Windhelm can learn something from their brethren in the South i.e. Riften
Actually I never said that I asked. Because your views of racism are scene a touch. And the laws in Rotten let them properly adjust so you shower another hole in your logic. 're hee. All nords may not be stupid... but well * just starts laughing*

They can still properly adjust in Windhelm if they tried there isn't anything really holding them back. No need for insults arsehole.

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
Ambarys Rendar, Malthyr Elenil, Aval Atheron, Revyn Sadri. all right you got me there 4 sorry Drunken 4.

Ambarys Rendar- Innkeeper
Malthyr Elenil- Pawnbroker
Aval Atheron- Pawnbroker
Revyn Sadri- A Warrior who OWNS A SHOP

So how are these people not pulling their weight?

I mean blend in with society. As in maybe stop with all the Flags around. It doesn't bug me but to have it in a city like Windhelm? C'mon you're asking for trouble.

Are you the type of American that thinks people who burn the American Flag or Hang up their own from their heritage shouldn't do so? As in, oppressing others?

Bruma is a city in the Imperial Province HEAVY shown with influences of Nordic Culture. Should the Imperials be allowed to disgrace the Nords for being proud in the Imperial Province?
Ambarys Rendar not only a racist against Nords but an Imperial Officer as well. Malthyr Elenil is in the same boat as him whilst Aval Atheron make his complaints about the "Horrible Gray Quarter"

Oh the type of American? I see where this conversation has gone and No by the way I clearly said it didn't bug me, please read it again.

Cyrodiil is Cyrodiil They have different laws and customs. This is SKYRIM. there isn't as much racial ambiguity. the Dunmer should have known that coming in or kept walking. Ambarys certainly wouldn't have minded

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
The point is, you can still kill them without any problems. Just like you can kill the Imperials with Hadvar.

The point is Ralof doesn't acknowledge you killing him by making a comment after words, so maybe what you see is a glitch or a potential scripting error? Skyrim is known for these sorts of issues.

Not that hard, they don't have the means to take over Skyrim from an embassy. You mention the Stormcloaks are fighting the Thalmor, well the Legion is also fighting the Forsworn so neither side has it easy.
You mean the Reach is fighting the Forsworn. The city guards aren't considered to be part of the Imperial Legion.
Few unhappy Dunmer? Raijin lore wise they populate quarter of the city. So there would be hundreds of them. I expect Ulfric to have the sense to at least address their issues, they're not asking for resources this instant. When Free-Winter becomes Jarl, they're happy their concerns have been listened to.

Having unrest in an entire quarter of your city isn't a good thing and it isn't a small issue, it could lead to major problems. The Reachmen uprising in Markarth obviously hasn't taught the Nords anything.

I would expect that the Dunmers would assess the situation and perhaps wait until Ulfric is not preoccupied with the war. Free-Winter doesn't have an extra baggage hanging over his head when he becomes Jarl so of course he has extra time to deal with the Dunmer situation.

Life doesn't work like that. Do you have the freedom to simply walk out? Leave your job, your home behind. Could you do it, how long would you last?

Freedom to simply leave is an illusion Raijin, that is the situation. Anyone who works for a living can agree to that.

Life does work that way. If someone isn't happy living at their current residency they have the choice and the freedom to move.

Raijin

I have a strong pair of legs, you have a strong pair of legs. Can you walk out on everything you own with just the clothes on your back because you can't afford to move what you do own? I seriously doubt it.Plus With dragons, trolls, bandits wolves and monstrous creatures?

You focus too much on what the Dragonborn is able to do, you forget how still very mortal everyone is. People die from disease, starvation and are murdered constantly by bandits.

People walk out all the time with just the clothes on their backs, and with zero dollars. It's called being homeless and being run a ways.

If people such as this old woman can survive out in the open by her self with zero protection then I'm pretty sure that the Dunmers can survive too.

SR-npc-Anise.jpg

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Anise

Ivory

Let's Player
Ambarys Rendar not only a racist against Nords but an Imperial Officer as well. Malthyr Elenil is in the same boat as him whilst Aval Atheron make his complaints about the "Horrible Gray Quarter"

So they have jobs, but you're all up in arms when a Dunmer is racist to a Nord? Your hypocrisy is laughable. They have a right to complain. Citizens make up a kingdom, not the other way around. The Reach is proof of this, and so was Windhelm when the Jarls before Ulfric showed the Dunmer respect and care.

Oh the type of American? I see where this conversation has gone and No by the way I clearly said it didn't bug me, please read it again.

But you allow and enable it. Good job on enabling racial segregation.

Your argument, if taken by today's standards is broken. So because the US had Slaves, it was okay? No. It clearly wasn't, which is why we have the Freedoms we do now.

Cyrodiil is Cyrodiil They have different laws and customs. This is SKYRIM. there isn't as much racial ambiguity. the Dunmer should have known that coming in or kept walking. Ambarys certainly wouldn't have minded

Also the defense "That's how Skyrim is!" is moot. That was NOT how Skyrim was. Ancient Nords used Magic and flourished with it. Ancient Nords also slaughtered each other endlessly for power. The Nords of the Stormcloak banner are hypocrites, claiming they want the Ancient ways appreciated but then crap on any and all Magic users. Even a College student's family doesn't approve of his Magic skill.

Ulfric's Father treated the Dunmer with respect. Why can't Ulfric do the same? Don't say "Hurr, he has bigger fish to fry."

Every Imperial owned province treats their citizens equally, DESPITE the war. So, again I ask, why is Ulfric better suited for power?

J

Jeremius

The fact is none of them are looking, at all. They'd rather run their own businesses. Which is fine if you want to be treated like dirt the rest of your life.

So to be respected, you have to work for a race you do not like? you can't earn respect by simply working, you have to essentially enslave yourself to the Nords to get respect?

Seems like you have a racist mind.

Welcome to Skyrim buddy and No they don't have to "enslave" themselves but they can bite their pride and do some work for the city. Oh, and yes Im aware the Nords are very prideful as well but this is their city not the Dunmer's. You'd think they knew that by now.

And get paid very little. NEWSFLASH! Respect and pride do not feed families and fix homes. Coin does and working for nords might not bring enough coin for either.

Ivory

Let's Player
If people such as this old woman can survive out in the open by her self with zero protection then I'm pretty sure that the Dunmers can survive too.

Oh, you mean the Witch who is clearly doing illegal activities near Riverwood? She assaults you, attempting to Murder you upon discovering she is a witch.

Anise will pretend to be a kind, elderly woman if you attempt to speak to her before you learn her secret. Trying to converse with her will have her talk about how difficult life is for her on her own, how she appreciates your company, and how she isn't anyone of importance, "I'm just a poor old woman, dear. No need to trouble yourself with me." "It's so nice to have a visitor." "I get so lonely out here." "It's tough, just scraping by out here. But I make do."
Near the bed inside the cabin is a small hatch to the basement. Inside is an arcane enchanter, analchemy lab, and Anise's letter revealing that she is, in fact, a witch. After you exit the basement, Anise will attack, yelling "Fool! None may know my secret!"

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear

So they have jobs, but you're all up in arms when a Dunmer is racist to a Nord? Your hypocrisy is laughable. They have a right to complain. Citizens make up a kingdom, not the other way around. The Reach is proof of this, and so was Windhelm when the Jarls before Ulfric showed the Dunmer respect and care.

Your argument, if taken by today's standards is broken. So because the US had Slaves, it was okay? No. It clearly wasn't, which is why we have the Freedoms we do now.
I think you misunderstand I wonder why you defend Slave Owners with such conviction when in faact they did the SAME EXACT THING

Also the defense "That's how Skyrim is!" is moot. That was NOT how Skyrim was. Ancient Nords used Magic and flourished with it. Ancient Nords also slaughtered each other endlessly for power. The Nords of the Stormcloak banner are hypocrites, claiming they want the Ancient ways appreciated but then crap on any and all Magic users. Even a College student's family doesn't approve of his Magic skill.

Ulfric's Father treated the Dunmer with respect. Why can't Ulfric do the same? Don't say "Hurr, he has bigger fish to fry."

Every Imperial owned province treats their citizens equally, DESPITE the war. So, again I ask, why is Ulfric better suited for power?
I think you misunderstand. What I said was "I wonder why you defend Slave Owners with such conviction when in fact they did the SAME EXACT THING" I'm guessing you never played Morrowind

Ulfrics father babied The Dunmer.

That's always how the Nords have been. distrusting of outsiders same with the Dunmer. How could you only blame Nords and The Stormcloaks for this.
Also I find it funny that you think the Stormcloaks want all the Old Nord ways back when in fact they just want Talos worship re instated.

I'm not "enabling" anything I just don't wish to fight for assholes who deserved what they got and refuse to do anything about it but make their own little sect of Morrowind in the most Nord city in all of Tamriel I suppose you have no problem with the Foreign Quarter in Vivec.

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear

Oh, you mean the Witch who is clearly doing illegal activities near Riverwood? She assaults you, attempting to Murder you upon discovering she is a witch.

Anise will pretend to be a kind, elderly woman if you attempt to speak to her before you learn her secret. Trying to converse with her will have her talk about how difficult life is for her on her own, how she appreciates your company, and how she isn't anyone of importance, "I'm just a poor old woman, dear. No need to trouble yourself with me." "It's so nice to have a visitor." "I get so lonely out here." "It's tough, just scraping by out here. But I make do."
Near the bed inside the cabin is a small hatch to the basement. Inside is an arcane enchanter, analchemy lab, and Anise's letter revealing that she is, in fact, a witch. After you exit the basement, Anise will attack, yelling "Fool! None may know my secret!"

She still survives on her own in the Forest. That was his point.

J

Jeremius

I think you misunderstand I wonder why you defend Slave Owners with such conviction when in faact they did the SAME EXACT THING

I think you misunderstand. What I said was "I wonder why you defend Slave Owners with such conviction when in fact they did the SAME EXACT THING" I'm guessing you never played Morrowind

That's always how the Nords have been. distrusting of outsiders same with the Dunmer. How could you only blame Nords and The Stormcloaks for this.
Also I find it funny that you think the Stormcloaks want all the Old Nord ways back when in fact they just want Talos worship re instated.

I'm not "enabling" anything I just don't wish to fight for assholes who deserved what they got and refuse to do anything about it but make their own little sect of Morrowind in the most Nord city in all of Tamriel I suppose you have no problem with the Foreign Quarter in Vivec.

Except that the Dunmer are not actually outsiders, but treated as that because they do not work for the Nords and willing to get paid in respect alone.

They lived in Skyrim for 200 years (I think) So it would make sense to treat them as citizens.

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
Except that the Dunmer are not actually outsiders, but treated as that because they do not work for the Nords and willing to get paid in respect alone.

They lived in Skyrim for 200 years (I think) So it would make sense to treat them as citizens.

You know the Stubborn Nords won't do that. They still think of them as the Refugees down the corner. I laugh at the Idiocy of my kinsmen sometimes but well The Dunmer had it coming.

Raijin

I don't know why the Imperial supporters on this thread keep insulting the Dunmers.... oh the poor little Dunmers from windhelm is so weak and so fragile that they can't survive out in the open free from the big bad Nord oppressors. Geeze and you call Ulfric a racist! The Imperials from this thread are something else.

What do you Imperials have against the Dumers? Seriously What do you have against them? Why do you insist of calling them weak? Unable to survive out in the wilds... unable to find a fort for themselves to call home. Do you believe that these Dunmers can't fight off a group of Bandits? Here we have DrunkenMage giving us statistics on just how many Dunmers are living in Windhelm.

Are you telling me that these Dunmers can't win in a fight against a group of bandits to claim possession of a fort? Again What do you have against the Dunmers so much that you down right insult their combat ability? Shame on you!

At least as a Stormcloak supporter I have good faith in the Dunmers in their combat ability to handle themselves, and their survival.

szg.gif

Just another day with the Imperials....

Ivory

Let's Player

I'm sorry, where in Lore does it say that the Dunmer of Windhelm have slaves? Oh, I see, you're racially profiling an Entire race because Morrowind used to have Slavery. Does that mean all White people are Slave owners in America? (which btw, there were Black Slave owners too)

Give me Lore evidence of this.

Yes, the Nords have waged plenty of war, but does that mean every Nord is this way? Clearly not, otherwise all of Skyrim would be against the Empire. They use the Old way as a defense for what Ulfric did. He murdered a High King which is Treason.

Again, how did they "Earn what they got?" By your logic, since all the Dunmer are apparently ex-slavers, the Elves should slaughter the Nords for causing an entire race of Elves to go extinct. Do they? Or is every nord, even the ones who are just civilians, Elf killing monsters that deserve what they get?

J

Jeremius

You know the Stubborn Nords won't do that. They still think of them as the Refugees down the corner. I laugh at the Idiocy of my kinsmen sometimes but well The Dunmer had it coming.

For what? Having to leave their homes because of the explosion of their volcano? The Dunmer do not deserve anything because they live in the City, and thus deserve to be part of the populace.

J

Jeremius

I don't know why the Imperial supporters on this thread keep insulting the Dunmers.... oh the poor little Dunmers from windhelm is so weak and so fragile that they can't survive out in the open free from the big bad Nord oppressors. Geeze and you call Ulfric a racist! The Imperials from this thread are something else.

What do you Imperials have against the Dumers? Seriously What do you have against them? Why do you insist of calling them weak? Unable to survive out in the wilds... unable to find a fort for themselves to call home. Do you believe that these Dunmers can't fight off a group of Bandits? Here we have @Drunke

Are you telling me that these Dunmers can't win in a fight against a group of bandits to claim possession of a fort? Again What do you have against the Dunmers so much that you down right insult their combat ability? Shame on you!

At least as a Stormcloak supporter I have good faith in the Dunmers in their combat ability to handle themselves, and their survival.

szg.gif

What combat abilities? They have no shown any. They can't survive because at this point in time, they are not combatants.

Ivory

Let's Player

What do you Imperials have against the Dumers? Seriously What do you have against them? Why do you insist of calling them weak? Unable to survive out in the wilds... unable to find a fort for themselves to call home. Do you believe that these Dunmers can't fight off a group of Bandits? Here we have @Drunke

I love how you twist words in such a pathetic way in attempt to not seem like you're not part of a campaign who clearly hates elves.

You think anyone can become a fighter or KILL another mortal? That's not how it works Raijin. You're smarter than this, argue real, valid points and stop pretending to be an idiot to try and twist the words of people who are against you and winning.

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear

For what? Having to leave their homes because of the explosion of their volcano? The Dunmer do not deserve anything because they live in the City, and thus deserve to be part of the populace.

For the centuries of Slavery and Oppression that they protruded onto the "lesser races" of Tamriel.

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear

I love how you twist words in such a pathetic way in attempt to not seem like you're not part of a campaign who clearly hates elves.

You think anyone can become a fighter or KILL another mortal? That's not how it works Raijin. You're smarter than this, argue real, valid points and stop pretending to be an idiot to try and twist the words of people who are against you and winning.

Look at me! I'm so Superior! :rolleyes: fluffin Hell man you manage to make yourself look like even more of a pretentious ass with each paragraph.

Raijin

szg.gif

What combat abilities? They have no shown any. They can't survive because at this point in time, they are not combatants.

Refresh because some of my post didn't show up, and so I edit my post.

Just because you didn't see their ability to fight doesn't mean that they're weak and inability to fight for themselves. And don't give me this "They can't survive" bullcrap. You're really making them look bad you know. You're trying to label them as moochers who can't defend themselves. BULLCRAP!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts