• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Just finished the Civil War quest (again) on the Imperial side and was vaguely amused by Ulfric wanting the Dragonborn to kill him (BTW: why would he think you couldn't Fus him right back? Idiot) and I noticed that you first choice in dialogue is "I've had enough killing" and the second is just as lame but the 3rd is something like "I'd luv to string the bast*** up and rip his b**ls off then lop his head off and stuff it up his a**!" (of course I'm paraphrasing).

My question is, after all that you've gone through in the war and, having made the decision that he's a bad guy in the first place (our I would assume so if you on the other side) and having had to put up with his obnoxious lackey, why would you be such a weenie and turn down the opportunity. I mean, really? If you turn down the opportunity, why did you do the questline in the first place?

I like his clothes too!

On another note, why does Tullius want you to kill him with his sword and then says he's going to give it to you and then never does?

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I mean a veteran being tired of fighting is a very common and real thing. So I guess it would be for roleplay. And plus you are denying him his final request which would be even more powerful.

So short vs long sighted? And does Tulius want you to use his sword? I know he gives one to you when Ulfric is dead, but dont remember the "Use mine" line at all.

Daelon DuLac

I mean a veteran being tired of fighting is a very common and real thing. So I guess it would be for roleplay. And plus you are denying him his final request which would be even more powerful.

So short vs long sighted? And does Tulius want you to use his sword? I know he gives one to you when Ulfric is dead, but dont remember the "Use mine" line at all.
I have never gotten a sword from Tullius at all (well except for some daedric thing WAAAAYYY back at the beginning of the quests). I have never had an additional sword in my inventory at all.

Besides, how much of a veteran can you be if you've only spent the last couple of weeks doing this crap and never cared about it before then (with the exception of some RP folks, of course).

As to denying him his final request, what difference would it make. He'll be dead anyhow and, isn't it the Dragonborn's job to run amouk in Skyrim killing everything in sight when he/she has the opportunity, or am I just playing it wrong? ;)

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
]I have never gotten a sword from Tullius at all (well except for some daedric thing WAAAAYYY back at the beginning of the quests). I have never had an additional sword in my inventory at all.

Besides, how much of a veteran can you be if you've only spent the last couple of weeks doing this crap and never cared about it before then (with the exception of some RP folks, of course).

As to denying him his final request, what difference would it make. He'll be dead anyhow and, isn't it the Dragonborn's job to run amouk in Skyrim killing everything in sight when he/she has the opportunity, or am I just playing it wrong? ;)

I think you are glitched then, after Ulfric is dead Tuilus gives you a level sword of Vampirism.

And RP is the main justification, thought it could also mean those weeks bored you so much you dont even feel like butchering more Stormcloaks.

And I can't say :p I don't care for random murder...
"If you are good at something never do it for free."- The Joker, Dark Knight.

Daelon DuLac

]I have never gotten a sword from Tullius at all (well except for some daedric thing WAAAAYYY back at the beginning of the quests). I have never had an additional sword in my inventory at all.

I think you are glitched then, after Ulfric is dead Tuilus gives you a level sword of Vampirism.

And RP is the main justification, thought it could also mean those weeks bored you so much you dont even feel like butchering more Stormcloaks.

And I can't say :p I don't care for random murder...
"If you are good at something never do it for free."- The Joker, Dark Knight.
Not all my characters like random murder, but most of them do (it's tough to play "good" in Skyrim).

Never have I gotten the sword from Tullius and I've been through the war probably 50 times. Odd glitch. Oh well.

Butchering Stormcloaks? I certainly don't need the war to do that. While I also like butchering Imps, I prefer Stormcloaks. I have a collection of over 300 "Scale Helmets" that I proudly keep piled in a corner of my Alchemy lab at Breezehome. Besides, all those steel arrows can rack up some good coin.

There is no such thing as "random murder" for me. Murder for fun and profit. That's me. :)

Adam Warlock

I killed Ulfric with the Glass Sword of Leeching that Tullius gave me at the end of his cut scene .
The inner bard told me is was the right thing to do after Ulfric commented he preferred to die by my hand because it would make for a better song.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
A couple of my characters declined to kill Ulfric or Tullius because they didn't want to seem as if they were in dogmatic agreement with the side they were on. They fought the war to end it, not to murder a beloved leader. Walking away was a statement.

Daelon DuLac

A couple of my characters declined to kill Ulfric or Tullius because they didn't want to seem as if they were in dogmatic agreement with the side they were on. They fought the war to end it, not to murder a beloved leader. Walking away was a statement.
I still say KILL! KILL! KILL! and profit from it. That's my way. :)

Besides, as I always say: "Why steal from 'em when I can kill 'em and loot their bodies."

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.

Besides, as I always say: "Why steal from 'em when I can kill 'em and loot their bodies."

I've come to that conclusion with later characters. And yeah, I want their clothes. Funny that Ulfric and co-hort WarBear lay around the Palace of the Kings forever after they're murdered!!

Daelon DuLac

I've come to that conclusion with later characters. And yeah, I want their clothes. Funny that Ulfric and co-hort WarBear lay around the Palace of the Kings forever after they're murdered!!
Too true. I usually drag 'em over to lie on either side of the throne although I did once put them up on the table for all to see. It's hilareous watching all the deposed Jarls sit around that table complaining every time I walked in while the corpses of the guys who caused them to lose their jobs in the first place lay rotting amongst their food. :)

Lucid

My first time playing an Imp, I ran up to Ulfric every time I was in Windhelm and said "someday, you will die by my hand" I was so excited when I got to follow through with that, using Tullius' Daedric Sword of the Vampire.

But I've also played Imps that didn't dislike, or necessarily disagree with, Ulfric - and didn't care to see him die. Stormcloak rule of Skyrim feels short sighted, and they certainly can't take on the Dominion alone. It's not hard to see the point of view of somebody that would want to work with the Empire to invalidate the White-Gold Concordat, and regrets that Ulfric has to die for that to happen.

Of course I've played my share of Stormies too, and have taken Ulfric as both a spouse and a follower. Sometimes out of respect, and sometimes for the joy of making his smug ass subservient to me. so clearly I'm fickle :)

Chadonraz

It seems the sword you get from Tullius at the end is levelled. I got a Dwarven Sword of Vampire or similar, but then I tend to do the Civil war quest early on in my game.

Yes, it definitely is. Do the CW at a low level, get that Dwarven sword. Do it at a really high level, get a Daedric Sword of the Vampire. I've gotten both extremes.

I almost always let Tullius finish the job, simply to deny Ulfric's last request. "I won't give him the satisfaction" is a perfect reply. :D
The again, I nearly always give Ulfric the honor of killing Tullius when I'm a Stormcloak - especially if I've used an alternate start and never been a prisoner in Helgen.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Well usually I wouldn't because he doesn't deserve a song.
If I were to kill him I would do it with a saucepan or a broom. Maybe even a Daedric Dildo. So people can mock him in death.

Just finished the Civil War quest (again) on the Imperial side and was vaguely amused by Ulfric wanting the Dragonborn to kill him (BTW: why would he think you couldn't Fus him right back? Idiot) and I noticed that you first choice in dialogue is "I've had enough killing" and the second is just as lame but the 3rd is something like "I'd luv to string the bast*** up and rip his b**ls off then lop his head off and stuff it up his a**!" (of course I'm paraphrasing).

My question is, after all that you've gone through in the war and, having made the decision that he's a bad guy in the first place (our I would assume so if you on the other side) and having had to put up with his obnoxious lackey, why would you be such a weenie and turn down the opportunity. I mean, really? If you turn down the opportunity, why did you do the questline in the first place?

I like his clothes too!

On another note, why does Tullius want you to kill him with his sword and then says he's going to give it to you and then never does?
It's possible your character saw both sides as wrong or even both side right in their own respect and didn't see Ulfric as an evil terrorist and just saw siding with the imperials as the quickest way to end te violence and blood shed

Aren Direfrost... Witchhunter

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I kill Ulfric each time but usually don't kill Tullius. My battle in the war is usually not pro either side as much as pro ending the stupid war. There's no real reason to kill Tullius though I would have had he requested. Ulfric's last request is death at my hand so I respect that even if I don't share his ideology. It's the last request of a warrior. I gave the same honor to the Ebony Warrior.

It's the way of the sword.

Pete

There was a reason that executioners were hooded, so that they wouldn't be victims of reprisals. Ulfric or Tullius using you to kill a lord sets you up for a short life :sadface:

nightmare16

here have a cookie :)

I have never gotten a sword from Tullius at all (well except for some daedric thing WAAAAYYY back at the beginning of the quests). I have never had an additional sword in my inventory at all.

NOOOOO your playing it right. the dragonborn is a blood thirsty daedric worshipping murderer. remember once you kill a million ppl you get a coupon for a free ice cream at sheogoraths castle :)

nightmare16

here have a cookie :)
I kill Ulfric each time but usually don't kill Tullius. My battle in the war is usually not pro either side as much as pro ending the stupid war. There's no real reason to kill Tullius though I would have had he requested. Ulfric's last request is death at my hand so I respect that even if I don't share his ideology. It's the last request of a warrior. I gave the same honor to the Ebony Warrior.

It's the way of the sword.

hahahaha you mentioned the ebony warrior that means you win an all expense paid trip to disneyland