• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which one do you prefer? Vampires or Werewolves?

• Vampires

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Werewolves

Votes: 24 60.0%

• Total voters
J

Jeremius

we are talking about ES did that occur to you? I'm pretty sure they exist n Elder Scrolls

And this thread is talking generally, not in TES or any other video game. Compare Vampirism in Skyrim to games like Morrowind, Daggerfall, and other mediums, and you will see how watered down it has become. Explain it all away if you want, but that is how it is. IF it was more like Daggerfall, then you would have something.

In the end, as a human hunter, I could easily end up more cunning than the majority of vampires. Not to mention the fact that outside of specific people, the only way to become a vampire is a DISEASE, that is EASY to remove if you look for notices of getting it.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
we are talking about ES did that occur to you? I'm pretty sure they exist n Elder Scrolls

And this thread is talking generally, not in TES or any other video game. Compare Vampirism in Skyrim to games like Morrowind, Daggerfall, and other mediums, and you will see how watered down it has become. Explain it all away if you want, but that is how it is. IF it was more like Daggerfall, then you would have something.

In the end, as a human hunter, I could easily end up more cunning than the majority of vampires. Not to mention the fact that outside of specific people, the only way to become a vampire is a DISEASE, that is EASY to remove if you look for notices of getting it.
well guess what I use the Better Vampires Mod and whats this thread got to do with vampire hunters being more cunning or not?

J

Jeremius

well guess what I use the Better Vampires Mod and whats this thread got to do with vampire hunters being more cunning or not?

This is a thread whose original purpose was to choose between being a vampire or a Werewolf, and I would rather be neither. And if you have to use a mod to better Vampirism, then it must have been disappointing originally.

tx12001

gabriel_van_helsing_vs__dracula_by_corthan73-d4nbl6c.jpg
did you know just before that seen happens dracula gets electrucuted and while van helsing is holding him the clouds cover the moon and turns back into a man

tx12001

This is a thread whose original purpose was to choose between being a vampire or a Werewolf, and I would rather be neither. And if you have to use a mod to better Vampirism, then it must have been disappointing originally.
well guess what I also have a mod for Lycanthopy as well

J

Jeremius

And guess what? I still do not care about either. I can play a game as a Werewolf or a Vampire and never use the powers. Why? Because the forms for Vampire Lord and Werewolf do not add much to the game other than the ability to be one. And the best parts are always active.

tx12001

And guess what? I still do not care about either. I can play a game as a Werewolf or a Vampire and never use the powers.
and can we end this conversation then its getting boring i think I have increased my message counti by 50 since yestaday

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

First, game mechanics =/= lore wise who would be stronger.

Second, there is no real lore wise stronger, both Vampires and Werewolves get their ass kicked by those hunting them. The "Who wins?" is always changing, depends on the circumstances.

Third,

keyboard.jpg

tumblr_mccygxATPE1qdku5lo1_500.gif

tx12001

Second, there is no real lore wise stronger, both Vampires and Werewolves get their ass kicked by those hunting them. The "Who wins?" is always changing, depends on the circumstances.

Third,

keyboard.jpg

how immature I ask do you even know what you posted a pic of and secondly you are failing to realize that the vampires kill a lot more people then people kill vampires for every vampire that is killed many people die now to answer your question game wise vampires are stronger. level 38 is the maximun NPC level for werewolves while level 65 is the level that Nightmaster Vampires are at
now Lorewise, let me tell you something their is an Entire DLC focused on defeating 1 single Vampire Lord so that would clearly state that they are more powerful because there is no single DLC where the main boss is a werewolf is there, hell Bloodmoon in Morrowind was about Hircine and a Pack of Werewolves not a single Werewolf.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Tex. There are simply less vampires than people. Also they are getting hunters down my society (in Skyrim).

I think one thing to look at is the numbers of Lycans and Vampires actually adjusted to society. Like 1 or 2 vampires to about 5 Lycans living perfectly fine within society. And then look at their standing. Court Wizard is pretty high but due ro Nord culture not quite respected. Or the head council of the most honored and respected group of warriors/ mercenaries in Skyrim.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination

Third,

keyboard.jpg

how immature I ask do you even know what you posted a pic of and secondly you are failing to realize that the vampires kill a lot more people then people kill vampires for every vampire that is killed many people die now to answer your question game wise vampires are stronger. level 38 is the maximun NPC level for werewolves while level 65 is the level that Nightmaster Vampires are at
now Lorewise, let me tell you something their is an Entire DLC focused on defeating 1 single Vampire Lord so that would clearly state that they are more powerful because there is no single DLC where the main boss is a werewolf is there, hell Bloodmoon in Morrowind was about Hircine and a Pack of Werewolves not a single Werewolf.

1: punctuation
2: you take this waaay too serious
3: punctuation

Look, TX. People can play as whatever they prefer. You don't have to act condescending because you feel the choices you made are somehow superior. That's why people are now commenting on the things you say in what you describe as 'an immature way'.

I agree with Dram here. Both vampires and werewolves are mythical creatures. There are tons of theories surrounding their 'existence'. In some theories vampires are stronger, while in others werewolves are. So when you ask the question "which one is stronger" the answer depends on which story you prefer. There is, like Dram said, a lot of contradicting information.

When I created this thread, I didn't single out werewolves/vampires from Skyrim. I was talking about werewolves/vampires in general. If you want to talk from your modded - Skyrim point of view, that's fine. But there's more to it than the stuff you notice while you're playing that game.

I don't know why you get so heated up over people who simply prefer to play as werewolves. This thread was not created to end up in some sort of flame wars. Please respect other people's opinions. And I only add the 'please' to sound nice, because it's not really a question.

As the person who made this thread I need to ask you:
Did it occur to you that we are not talking about ES?

tx12001

Tex. There are simply less vampires than people. Also they are getting hunters down my society (in Skyrim).

I think one thing to look at is the numbers of Lycans and Vampires actually adjusted to society. Like 1 or 2 vampires to about 5 Lycans living perfectly fine within society. And then look at their standing. Court Wizard is pretty high but due ro Nord culture not quite respected. Or the head council of the most honored and respected group of warriors/ mercenaries in Skyrim.
isn't the term lycans from underworld

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
how immature I ask do you even know what you posted a pic of

Keyboard.

and secondly you are failing to realize that the vampires kill a lot more people then people kill vampires for every vampire that is killed many people die

Not always. Vampires survive through manipulation and hiding in the shadows, there have been many renowned Vampire hunters and Vampire Hunting orders.

now to answer your question game wise vampires are stronger. level 38 is the maximun NPC level for werewolves while level 65 is the level that Nightmaster Vampires are at

I didn't ask a question. Game mechanics don't mean anything in terms of something lore wise.

now Lorewise, let me tell you something their is an Entire DLC focused on defeating 1 single Vampire Lord

Entire DLC that was focused by a return of an ancient Vampire Clan, where many Vampires have been attacking cities. Not a single Vampire. It later turns out to be about defeating Harkon, but only towards the end.

so that would clearly state that they are more powerful

There was a DLC about building your own home. Is Lakeview Manor going to rule the world?

because there is no single DLC where the main boss is a werewolf is there

Doesn't matter if there is or isn't. Werewolves are creation of Hircine, Vampires are creation of Molag Bal, they're basically the same. How strong someone is depends on how they work their skills, how they use their powers.

hell Bloodmoon in Morrowind was about Hircine and a Pack of Werewolves not a single Werewolf.

Yet there are world encounters of Three Vampires vs One Werewolf. Thought you said Vampires are obviously stronger? Why would it take three of them?

Jeez, that was one long sentence... You must be out of breath when reading your own posts.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
isn't the term lycans from underworld

It is an abbreviation of Lycanthrope. And I am not sure it if came up with it (The abbreviation). But it is one of the most modern usages of the term.

EDIT: Also I want to point out a fully perked out werewolf (going up the left, not counting howls) Is one of the strongest melee offense you can have. Compared to VL Claws even. Plus the healing from eating corpses. You have something that is fast, high damage and sustainable. then you can factor in the howls.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming

The first minute is all that matters, and you can complain about it not being "like the boss fight" but still it tickled my fancy a little.

EDIT: There is another one at 2:35 :p

tx12001

The first minute is all that matters, and you can complain about it not being "like the boss fight" but still it tickled my fancy a little.

you do know that vampire lords are magic users and melee is just for support the vanilla VL is not a melee fighter but a mage now show me a video of a vampire lord vs a werewolf this time let the vampire lord use its actual primary fighting ability, Harkon clearly staes teh Vampire Lord is weaker while on the ground as they cannot access the blood magic

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
you do know that vampire lords are magic users and melee is just for support the vanilla VL is not a melee fighter but a mage now show me a video of a vampire lord vs a werewolf this time let the vampire lord use its actual primary fighting ability

Once again, you take this too serious..
Skies just seems to be enjoying himself. You should try that sometime, ya know. :p

J

Jeremius

you do know that vampire lords are magic users and melee is just for support the vanilla VL is not a melee fighter but a mage now show me a video of a vampire lord vs a werewolf this time let the vampire lord use its actual primary fighting ability, Harkon clearly staes teh Vampire Lord is weaker while on the ground as they cannot access the blood magic

And you fail to realize that the Form matters when it comes to Vampire Lord vs Werewolf. If the Vampire lord is attacked when they are not in the form, are the powers of that form useful?

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming

Do you know that you are using in game to justify your argument. And that I used in game facts for you.

Which actually ends up saying that normal Vampires are stronger because they can actually use their magic.

As for enjoying myself? I do enjoy both of these fictional afflictions.

By the way Tex, you never answered my question of what you would name the hybrid of a vampire and Werewolf. Since you said the people who called it a Werepyre were like 4th graders I want your name for it.

tx12001

And you fail to realize that the Form matters when it comes to Vampire Lord vs Werewolf. If the Vampire lord is attacked when they are not in the form, are the powers of that form useful?
facepalm the Nightlord vampire won that fight and they are only the 2nd strongest NPC vampire type the Nightmaster vampire is the strongest NPC vampire type

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts