• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
I've been running around with a pair of storm thralls and Lydia for a little while now. Every now and then Lydia and one of the thralls will start fighting, always ending in the thrall's death and often after they tried fleeing. She doesn't take kindly to getting force lightning-d in the back

Has anyone else encountered mudcrabs on the road? I just ran into a group of 4 just trottling along from whiterun to what appeared to be morthal.

Mudcrabs far away from water is always worth a double take :D

Chadonraz

Has anyone else encountered mudcrabs on the road? I just ran into a group of 4 just trottling along from whiterun to what appeared to be morthal.

There's always a single mudcrab just off the road near Forebears' Holdout (DG location). If you turn right immediately after the carriage with the dead horse and couple, between Robber's Gorge and Dragon Bridge, you'll find it. I've always wondered what it's doing there.

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
I once walked up to a group of bandits (not yet hostile but telling me to back off) and, for some reason or other, dumped an item. One of the bandits walked up and gave it back to me, telling me 'You dropped this', then a couple of moments later they all turned hostile and attacked.

I can only imagine he thought he was going to look cool, casually giving me back my corundum ore before cutting my head off while I was thanking him.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
My game may have earned the "M" rating more than most, based on the unintentionally dirty-seeming moments I keep walking into. I mean, really - what is going on here?!

standalone
right click, save-as....

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I think this may have been the first time I have ever actually caught a bandit being a dumbass and failing the the puzzle door thing in the act of being a dumbass and failing the puzzle door thing, instead of my usual finding the already dead bandit who was previously a dumbass and failed the puzzle door thing.TESV 2014-03-30 13-53-40-28.png

Chadonraz

I think this may have been the first time I have ever actually caught a bandit being a dumbass and failing the the puzzle door thing in the act of being a dumbass and failing the puzzle door thing, instead of my usual finding the already dead bandit who was previously a dumbass and failed the puzzle door thing.View attachment 25202

I like to sneak shoot him right after he pulls the lever. That way I'll get the marksmanship experience, but he doesn't have time to attack me. :D
That bandit it always at least a Thug in my SkyRe'd game, otherwise I might actually fight him.

Anyway, here are a few recent moments:

Balgruuf really loves his bread.

An aggressive dragon (enabled my compass to check) that wouldn't attack. Had to roll back to DCO v9 to fix this bug.

Yes, that was definitely on the forefront of my mind, Captain Lonely-Gale... You're really looking forward to becoming steward, aren't you?

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
I was in the northern area, walking from Dawnstar to Winterhold, and came across a Mammoth frozen in the side of a cliff. There were arrows, what looked like a giant's club, and a few spears in it's side. The fur looked like it had been burned somehow as well.

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
I was in the northern area, walking from Dawnstar to Winterhold, and came across a Mammoth frozen in the side of a cliff. There were arrows, what looked like a giant's club, and a few spears in it's side. The fur looked like it had been burned somehow as well.

If I'm not mistaken, the spears (arrows) in the frozen mammoth are Dwemer (Dwarven?), yes? It's meant to be a sort of archaeological discovery of sorts. It took me forever to find that place, since i have barely explored that area.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
TESV2013-11-1718-25-33-00.png

There are a few around supposedly. This one I found up almost at the northern coast. This is the battle axe one. I know of one with spears and supposedly there's another one too that I haven't found.

There's a Dwemer ruin (Alftand Ruined Tower) near there that has a bunch of scrap that will get you a lot of dwarven metal ingots once smelted.

Chadonraz

I completed "Lights Out!" without ever talking to Jaree-Ra. :D

He attacked me when I entered Solitude, for no reason whatsoever. After we (I had Garm the Husky with me, plus I've killed Ulfric so the guards assisted me as well) got him on his knees, I sheathed my sword to see if he'd come to his senses. He didn't, so I used the console to remove his essential status. :cool:

So, the next time he entered the bleedout state, he actually died from bleeding. A message saying "Completed: Lights Out!" popped up at that point -
as we all probably know, the last objective of that quest is to kill Jaree-Ra -
the quest apparently didn't care that I had never even started it. :rolleyes:

Pálrún

TESV2013-11-1718-25-33-00.png

There are a few around supposedly. This one I found up almost at the northern coast. This is the battle axe one. I know of one with spears and supposedly there's another one too that I haven't found.

There's a Dwemer ruin (Alftand Ruined Tower) near there that has a bunch of scrap that will get you a lot of dwarven metal ingots once smelted.

I've seen this too, the one near Winterhold.

Pálrún

I don't know her name, but the little obnoxious girl from Whiterun.
I hate her. Every time I'd enter Breezehome, the little twit would come in with me and say something smartass, and I'd be like, "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!".. so one time I just up and punched her, and she left... moments later, a guard came in to arrest me, but I pulled the ol' Thane card on him and got off.
I haven't seen her since though, I guess she finally got the hint.

Sometimes when I enter a building, random stuff in the room just falls, like plates, goblets, etc.. that happened once entering the Blue Palace, and a guard says, "What did you do that for!?" Umm.. but..I didn't..

Another time, I fast traveled to an outside location, and an elk just fell dead from the sky. That was bizarre.. I figure various animals are picked up by dragons and then dropped randomly all over Skyrim.

Lastly, I have a bad habit of forgetting that putting a helmet on removes my Archmage robes (I guess because of the hood).. I had just got done fighting a dragon and went into a town and a female NPC tells me I'm indecent and to put some clothes on.. I go into 3rd person view and I'm in my skivvies with a helmet and boots.

khazan99

I hate her. Every time I'd enter Breezehome, the little twit would come in with me and say something smartass, and I'd be like, "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!".. so one time I just up and punched her, and she left... moments later, a guard came in to arrest me, but I pulled the ol' Thane card on him and got off.

I'll just assume it was everyone's most hated Skyrim child, Braith:

vBcU4zy.jpg

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

vBcU4zy.jpg
BURN THE WITCH! I wanted to say something else, but this is a family forum. :)

khazan99

A bright sunny afternoon, perfect for trying to search the depths of Lake Ilinalta for sunken treasure. On my way into the shadowy depths, this happens:

1dGnSxB.jpg

Apparently he had the same idea I did.

Pálrún

vBcU4zy.jpg

Yep, that's the one. Brat, is more like it.

Wildroses

I have this mod called Live Another Life which gives you alternate starts for if you don't want to play a Dovahkiin or sit through the carriage ride. I wanted to do a quick character who's dream in life was to build and live in a Hearthfire House. I made an Altmer because I love Altmer's extra 50 magicka and highborn power, and asked for a random start.

The game made me a member of the Thalmor embassy. I said: "Okay, I can work with this. My character is sick of living in a totalitarian state and wants to live a simple life free of fear and restrictions. She asked to be transferred to Skyrim because she thought it would be easy get away undetected in the confusion of the Civil War."

So I played with the character a while, with the mindset that she has defected from the Thalmor. But as far as Skyrim is concerned,
my character is still in the Thalmor faction. I discovered this while using my sword to attack a horker and my character suddenly screamed: "Behold the future! Behold the Thalmor!"

Combat is kind of awkward with this character now as I can never be quite sure she's won't suddenly tell a wolf that elven supremacy is the only truth.