Your very first time dying in Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Bandits, probably. I didn't use a shield for the longest time. #battlemageproblems

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
You would think my first time dying would be in a glorious fight with a dragon.

Nope.

I fell of a cliff on the way to Riverwood right after escaping Helgen.
HA! BTW Welcome.
Rest assured, we've all died stupidly many times. In my case, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, times.

Reactions: Sah

Wildroses

My first death was a fall as well. I jumped down that section in Bleak Falls Barrow which has a chest if you head down.

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
first death for me, was on day of release, near white run, i challenged a mammoth, and next thing i saw all of skyrim from the air, nasty giant came and threw me in air. first death, a glorious death, i often wonder if giant's have their pilots license. I've also been killed by a deer before, was playing on legendary and some mage sent a deer after me, how embarasing. I've died from falls, mudcrabs, saber cats, bandits and dragons. also trolls can be brutal also.

Wildroses

I think the death that was the worst for me was when my parent's cat decided to rest his big fat head on the control key and I sprinted off a cliff. Wasn't the first time he did something like that, another time he felt affectionate and rubbed his head on my hand holding the mouse with all his strength, causing me to spend all my gold buying everything for sale at the Riverwood Trader.

I had a strange one when I fought Miraak recently. I'm not quite sure what happened, but I think I stood exactly where a dragon landed because there was a thump, the screen when blurry, and I was hammering the keys but couldn't move at all. Then I was engulfed in frost and died rapidly.

Larsosis

first death for me, was on day of release, near white run, i challenged a mammoth, and next thing i saw all of skyrim from the air, nasty giant came and threw me in air. first death, a glorious death, i often wonder if giant's have their pilots license. I've also been killed by a deer before, was playing on legendary and some mage sent a deer after me, how embarasing. I've died from falls, mudcrabs, saber cats, bandits and dragons. also trolls can be brutal also.
Ah, yes. I think most everyone remembers their first encounter with a giant or mammoth. My first was on the way to see the Greybeards for the first time. I thought they would be a fairly easy kill. I have never been more wrong in my life.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I believe it was a frostbite spider. Was doing just fine and then... dead. And I was almost to Riften! Even weak poison kills quickly at low levels.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
You made it that far before you died? This guy is impressed.
Was being very cautious. Only encountered wolves, spiders, and a few bandits. Once you get to the rift though, the spiders attack in groups of three or more, and that was my undoing. I was either out of healing potions, or just didn't use one in time because I was underestimating the game. I was a Dark Souls fanatic, so I laughed at the difficulty of Skyrim. As I would soon discover, Skyrim can be quite difficult in it's own ways. I've since been slaughtered a plethora of times!

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
I was running around Helgen rather than running inside, watching Alduin slaughter evergybody. I was over by the gate looking at the General when he landed behind me, and chewed me up as I tried to rush to safety.
As for my first stupid death, jumping from the first floor of the CoW down to the courtyard. Tried it 3 times because I didnt want to go inside (loading screens).

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Attacked a chicken on my first ever visit to Riverwood.. Do I need to say more about angry villagers when you are level 1?

My first death was actually from that Draugr at the end of Bleak Falls Barrow. I didn't understand the way Skyrim's difficulty system worked then and I was a level 10 battlemage playing on Adept. Not smart on my end. I ended up facing a Draugr Deathlord and he killed me like 10 times before I thought up a clever way to beat him. And no, I didn't turn the difficulty down - again, didn't know I could back then. I ended up spraying him with flames and hitting him with a sword until my magicka ran out, then hitting him with a bow and arrows as I ran around waiting for my magicka to regen and dodging his blows, then repeating the process. Took a while but it worked. This is actually how I discovered my love for that play style, go figure! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
I headed to Falkreath pretty quickly after Riverwood, and it was either a bear or spriggan that took me down. Both killed me early in the game, it could have been either of them

OR (just remembering now) that master vampire in Skybound Watch Pass! In fact I'm sure that was it, I was styling on those skeletons thinking 'Well, this is pretty easy' and then I ran into a master vampire :eek:

I eventually gave up trying to kill him, ran away and went back much later to deal with him. So satisfying.

tesrocks42

In riverwood for first time and like so many killed the chicken. Instead of facing everyone I ran to whiterun and the giant that was fighting the companions stopped what it was doing and chased me as well as companions and a few guards. Continue running west and I find a shack go in and an extremely powerful mage attacks. And later down the road a dragon came in as well. So with riverwood giant companions mage guards and dragon chasing me I decide to stop running and face them. And they brutally murder and throw and mangle and torch me

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts