• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What's your favorite city?

• Whiterun

Votes: 29 31.5%
  • Winterhold

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Riften

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • Solitude

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Windhelm

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Markarth

Votes: 18 19.6%
  • Dawnstar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

RelentlessNub

The Supreme Nub
What is your favorite city in all of Skyrim? I personally don't have one favorite, but I love Riften, Solitude, and Markarth the most. : D

Pwnagemeister

Definetely Markarth, because there is an abundance of quests and because of the awesome Dwarven architecture. I also really like the house Vlindrel Hall ,and really want to buy it once my character is level 20. Half a level!

Stone

Retired Moderator
Solitude. Large city, capital, nice houses, and a generally awesome-looking area.

Agincourt

'Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!'
Hard one this tbh, had to go with Riften tho, bit dark and dismal with a skooma problem! gotta love it! best house is in Markarth but its just a crap city to get around otherwise that would have got my vote!

tragik

Premium Member
I liked Solitude at first due to the house has an alchemy table and enchantment table. Found that it had 5000 sq

tragik

Premium Member
grrr.. continue: 5000 sqf but no logical storage. found riften had tons of shops and great house.. no smelter though.. once i get the theif guild done it will be better..

modi

Without a doubt in my mind, my favorite is Whiterun. Although it might not be the biggest, and it might not be the fanciest, it is a nice town, and it is the base of my number one faction, the Companions. Also, it is the only town that has 2 blacksmiths (that I know of) which makes finding materials much easier.

tragik

Premium Member
I think they are about the same size.

I own house in whiterun, solitude, and riften. I found white run was awesome for storage.. but no enchantment table.. I like to store my stuff in logical order, one for weapons, one for clothing/apperal, one for potions, one for ingredients, and one for misc (just like your inventory status). I like to keep these items close to each other to allow quick dumping. The house in Solitude is 3 stories and only really close storage is in the master bedroom, way far away from the alchemy/enchantment tables.

I like Riften because the enchantment/alchemy tables are in the basement (only two story house), but there is storage in a "spare" room near these tables. I put my ingredients in this location for easy potion creation. I put all the rest in the master bedroom easily. Not to mention you can get a garden (not sure how often it resupplies). Though Riften is run down of a town but my hopes that the thieves guild will allow for more merchants and easier selling of junk if need be.

As far as distance from the fast travel part to the house, Riften and White run seem pretty close. Just hated running all the way to the Jarl to enchant my equipment. (my 2 cents. )

rizen

A to the K homeboy
Easilly Whiterun...I play as an archer and the pub right at the entrance trades at all times suited to my needs also my house is right there too...also yeah, I'm attached to the companions.

I hate Riften...glitchiest town ever...

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
Winterhold for me. I love the snow effects and of course the Mages guild.

PS: In Solitude,where exactly do you find the blacksmith in there? I've looked everywhere but can't find him.

RelentlessNub

The Supreme Nub
I'm pretty sure the blacksmith in Solitude is right outside of the courtyard, and near the door to the castle. You have to go up the stairs and take a left. : D

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I really love Markarth. The first time I got there, I randomly
woke up in a temple of Markarth after one drunken night
I thought to myself "where the hell am I???" The city is very awesome. It's rugged, and very atmospheric. Not to mention, the quests involved in Markarth is quite memorable. It's a corrupt city built upon an ancient civilization ruins, always threatened by extremely hostile and zealous natives. That city got some personalities.

BeastAndAMidget

A Hardcore Mage
I found Riften the best city since i'm preety much dedecading my character to the thieve's guild.

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
Windhelm is the best for displaying armor and weapons plus the secret alchemy and enchanting room is totally awesome.

Royal Blue

Riften is definitely my favorite, but I went to Falkreath today, and it's really nice too. I really like Iverstead too, but only because I love the rift area in general.

Kenny

I must be a weirdo..I like Falkreath the best...great alchemist to sell my potions (and rob)..good Blacksmith and close to the Dark Brotherhood and a nice getaway from the Archmage pad in the College of Winterhold.

RelentlessNub

The Supreme Nub
Oops, sorry I forgot to add Falkreath to the poll, thats why I put other just in case I missed any places. x-x

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts