• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Hey guys Skies here,

I am at a bit of an impasse, I don't know which console am I gonna get. I want to really get one without buyers remorse for as long as possible. I am a Play Station fan, but before I usually got all consoles. This is no longer an option so I really want to be careful.

Considerations: Exclusives, Streaming Software, who is playing which, and I suppose I should say outlying factors like monthly fees and the like.

Kyzie

Keeper of the peace
PS4, alot better excusive games imo, I'm not sure about streaming as i don't stream, i honestly think you should stick with the console you've known and loved for the longest time, you do have to pay for PSPlus but i don't think its that much.

FusRoDovah

PC.

AS88

Staff member
I'd have to go for PS4, definitely my choice if I go next(current)-gen

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Because reading is for the peasants :p

My gaming laptop is still really solid so I dont have to waste a thousand more dollars (low ball estimate) I do plan on makin a tower. By probably wont.

Yeah the streaming thing would be nice by it seems in the gimmick stage so far.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Alright. I guess I should make it more "Official" like pretending saying you are now in a relationship on Facebook means anything.

I am going to officially get a PS4. Because PS2 was the first console that wasn't a hand me down, and it has always been good to me. I have had more Sony consoles, and have had less trouble with them than my Xbox 360.

I'm getting the PS4 myself.
Personally, the exclusives seem great. I actually got a chance to play Infamous: Second Son and it was fantastic.
Theres also Little Big Planet 3, which I'm happy for because I really like the other two.
There is also the PlayStation Plus, yeah you have to pay for online just like Xbox, but they give you discounts and free games for doing so.
And the controller, it is minor but I think the PS4 controller is well made, feels right.
Really, it all depends on what you think of the console and its games. Look up some exclusives, I can't name too many off the top of my head.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Xbox 360 beats PS3 But PS4 beats Xbox one. But PC will always be the master console :D

Technically speaking a PC isn't a console, because by definition a console is a specialized computer for a specific purpose. In this case gaming. :p

Ignoring that whole bit. PC is a master race if you have the funds to keep throwing money at it. I lack such funds. I am afraid my tower, name pending (Between The Immortal, Tower of Babel, and Obelisk.) is going to stay fiction for a while. I do have a good laptop but yeah :p

Technically speaking a PC isn't a console, because by definition a console is a specialized computer for a specific purpose. In this case gaming. :p

Ignoring that whole bit. PC is a master race if you have the funds to keep throwing money at it. I lack such funds. I am afraid my tower, name pending (Between The Immortal, Tower of Babel, and Obelisk.) is going to stay fiction for a while. I do have a good laptop but yeah :p
Ah, thank you for my mistake on that :)

PC is the best system for gaming, but only if you had a 400$ Graphics card and good specs.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming

PC is the best system for gaming, but only if you had a 400$ Graphics card and good specs.

Honestly you need a bit more. Because "good specs" changes. for the price of one console, you only got one part of a decent system. One can say that in the long run it evens out, but honestly it really doesn't.

The main thing for PC gaming is mods, the issue is mods are only good for single player games. This is just a balancing issue. Team Fortress 2 is the closest I have seen to a modifiable multiplayer game. and it is heavily regulated.

I cannot justify, nor can I afford, to try and pretend there is a superior option in the PC. Because what it often is, is people attempting to have an arbitrary reason as to why they are "superior." Which often involves throwing money at something, which is simply wasteful at my current financial situation. :p

Thanks for the opinion though. :D

Honestly you need a bit more. Because "good specs" changes. for the price of one console, you only got one part of a decent system. One can say that in the long run it evens out, but honestly it really doesn't.

The main thing for PC gaming is mods, the issue is mods are only good for single player games. This is just a balancing issue. Team Fortress 2 is the closest I have seen to a modifiable multiplayer game. and it is heavily regulated.

I cannot justify, nor can I afford, to try and pretend there is a superior option in the PC. Because what it often is, is people attempting to have an arbitrary reason as to why they are "superior." Which often involves throwing money at something, which is simply wasteful at my current financial situation. :p

Thanks for the opinion though. :D

Left 4 Dead 2 and Garrys mod are fine examples of multiplayer modding.
And practically any computer can run either one.
Just throwing that out there, for the fluff of it.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming

All goo man. Yeah I think I was in a bad mood cause I sound like a major asshole.

Well Garry's mod is just a mod all together playing with the engine isnt it?

IDK I have a lot of thinking to do.

All goo man. Yeah I think I was in a bad mood cause I sound like a major asshole.

Well Garry's mod is just a mod all together playing with the engine isnt it?

IDK I have a lot of thinking to do.

Nah, you don't sound like an ass.
And Garrys Mod use to just be a mod, but it's standalone on Steam now. Has been for some time.

Stalker

I haven't decided yet, no current gen games really interest me for now. Maybe when Evil Within, DA, Witcher come out I'll decide.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Probably a good plan. Honestly I haven't been keeping tabs on the games coming out as good as I should have. Yet the few I managed to see where are simply stunning and multi-platform. Which is a good thing in the long run for Gamers I suppose.

Manmangler

I have Ps2, Ps3, Xbox and Xbox 360 but this gen seems so outdated as hardware that I skip it. (Unless there is some good ps4 or xboxone only games).
Why play console games in lower resolution and less Frames per second than my pc can handle.
I almost buy XboxOne for Forza but then I read how they cripled that game as ingame purhases.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts