Why is Darksiders 2 so underrated?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hershangames

I remember going to the comic saloon 2 or 3 years ago and saw a stand announcing Darksiders 2. I felt curious and approached, the first things I saw was a big screen displaying a really well done trailer which got me quite hooked, and when I talked with the man in the stand I thought "I've got to butly this game!"

And so I bought it. At first it was a blast. The combat mechanics were impressive and the graphics, while perhaps not too realistic(that was not the objective) were truly beautiful. The story itself was quite intriguing too. A few months later I left because I wasn't really a big fan of RPGs by then and it had bored me in the end.

But now, as a #1 fan of RPGs, I'm replaying it, and I realize just how good it is.

I love the way Hack & Slash combat mechanics, which remind me a lot to those of God of War, but seem improved for a better hack & slash experience.
I love looting sistem, which makes enemies stronger than you drop substantial loot while equal or lower bosses just drop money, except bosses, who always drop great loot.
I love the boss fights, like, really love them. The bosses are well thought and challenging, not to mention the great deal of work that must have been put in designing them. They too remind me of God of War.
I love the RPG system of customizing your character, and the way you "sacrifice weapons" to improve others, which do more damage and gain new enchantments.
I love how creative the story is.

In general, this is one of the best I've ever played, and yet I don't hear anyone talking about it, neither I seem to be able to find mods. What is causing this amount of underratedment?

sent by the almighty Hershan from tapatalk

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Because I don't like it and other games are better? :p

hershangames

Grrrrrr...
Smell that? That scent of blood in the air? It means someone is going to die tonight...

Well, of course, you're free not to like it, but I think it's a great game.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Grrrrrr...
Smell that? That scent of blood in the air? It means someone is going to die tonight...

Well, of course, you're free not to like it, but I think it's a great game.

I'm afraid someone's already died o_O

Be careful about thinking, it's a dangerous past time :p

hershangames

It can get you in a tower with a beast!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts