• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

What is your favourite build

• Sword and board

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Archer

• Mage

• Theif

• Other

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Hi guys, as the same as most of you I have spent multiple hours in the wonderful world of skyrim but my question is what is next ES vi or will I play eso. For now I have made my first paladin of skyrim and was wandering how can I improve him and what are fun quests and dungeons which I may have not came across before? He is level 14 with dwarven armor and helmet but has bonemold boots with steel gauntlets. He has resto in one hand and an enchanted dwarven mace with shock damage but not alot. Also what rules could I apply to make it more immersive/ interesting. I do own the dlc's of Dawnguard and Dragonborn in case you want to include something from those.

< That Damned Arrow >

... but then I took an arrow to the knee.
    I, also, have Dawnguard and Dragonborn - and, of course, I love them both.
    Alright, now onto your question. There's much that it seems you could add. I'm definitely not the most helpful, but here's me, blabbing on and hoping to help out in any matter that one such as I can.

You say that your character is a Paladin, right? Mind telling us a bit about his past? I would suggest finding out exactly what type of guy he is. Start with the Companions, as a band of warriors, and the College of Winterhold, to fulfill the magic part of the 'bargain'. Use heavy armour, and it might be good to use mainly restoration magics and enchanted weapons. Again, this is just be blabbering and suggesting as best I can. As for my thoughts on rules to apply ... no killing innocents(lol unless it's Nazeem or Heimskr), no stealing(unless necessary I suppose), purely against undead and Daedra ... rules in general would be (if you can dare to keep up with it, unlike most of us lol) things like sleeping like a human, eating like a human...I think you get the idea. For Dawnguard, since Paladins are anti-undead and such, probably sticking with the Dawnguard would be best. And Dragonborn...well, I'm still trying to puzzle out the whole thing. I'm not sure what to think because I'm still a bit confused on that.

Did I help at all? Thanks for asking :)

Thanks helped a lot. He was born in Valenwood so he is bosmer I know you dont get many paladin bosmer but I wanted something different however his parents were killed by thalmor so he tried to raise them with necromancy but he was unsuccessful so he set out to find help he came across a wise mage in cyrodil who told him "mould your hatred turn it into a greater force" this hit Dubios hard so he went to Valenwood and buried his parents in am elven grave and that's when he turned paladin as such. He cannot stand the thalmor so he travelled to skyrim to help conquer the thalmor he was a full on mage but went to hammer fall as there are the only area not conquered by thalmor this is where he picked up his mace and heavy armour traits. He become paladin to protect the world from evil so others do not suffer like he did.
    Hates:
    Daedra of course
    Undead
    Thalmor
    Thieves
    Assassins
    Bandits

Not loves but likes
    Maces
    Heavy armour
    Restoration
    Bosmer

But he does feel for necromancers and tries to change them
    Undecided on civil war as he hates imperails and Thalmor but has realised stormcloak are as racist.
    Hope that is some nice info
    sorry for grammer

< That Damned Arrow >

Yes, great info! It depends on how you look at it with the War, and what his religious beliefs - if any - are. But in general, he sounds like a great character! I, personally, have made way more than 20 ... haha I'm very impatient. So try to stick with him, and give yourself reasons why.

Also, to add ... although it's a quick couple of quests, what do you think of Dragonborn?

I played on my main character and thought solesthiem and its quests were alright but didn't rate the main story at all and don't get me started on dragon riding but I did rush through it

< That Damned Arrow >

lol I haven't gotten through the main quest but before I got spoiled with a playthrough...seems too short, although the main idea - Dragonborn from another time - seemed pretty cool. Still does, I suppose, but it's still cool how you're not even in Skyrim anymore. New rules, new gigs, new stuff....lol sujamma was a new one - I'd heard about it as a joke of a thread but I thought it was just that - a joke.

< That Damned Arrow >

To be honest, I hardly remember most dungeons - memory problem alert, hahaha. As for quests ... well, I liked when:
    - You kill Grelod the Kind (who's obviously not very kind)
    - First couple of Companions quests - I love being in a room alone with enemies, turning into a werewolf, and tearing them all to shreds. Nobody ever knew ...
    - When you're injured in that crypt place with Mercer Frey of the Thieves Guild, when Karliah had shot you (lol in the knee! Kidding)

There's a few others, but mainly I just love random events in Skyrim. And just the detail and irony in everyday life...in Skyrim again lawlz.

Yeah I do like the thieves guild but I have completed multiple times and now when I come to think abipout drag born I will do the main quest as I am saving the people of sothlstheim. BTW where and what do you want in elder scrolls 6?

< That Damned Arrow >

For some reason I feel like it'll either be Elsweyr or the Summer Isles. I don't know much about many of the other provinces, but I hope it'll be wicked...and I hope it comes soon already!

As I love Bosmer I would love Valenwood. Isn't Elswyr just sand? Where ever it is I will love it as much as skyrim I hope. Do you have followers in skyrim?

< That Damned Arrow >

It is, I think. As I love Breton and Bosmer, I think High Rock would be cool - there just happen to be a lot of Elsweyr and Summer Isle mods out there. I have Lydia as a follower for the moment, but she dies SO much....and then I have to go back because I don't wanna use console to bring her back to life lol. She disappeared when I began the Companions questline, though. You know that annoying buggerhead of a dude in that inn in Solsteim? I have him now, as a follower. "You know, if you ever wanna head back to Skyrim..." *Dragonborn whirls around and Fus Ro Dahs his head off.* Kidding, he's cool. But it is annoying too haha. You?

I usually don't ha e any but the skall girl from Dragonborn is so BA I use her. You know the I e that dose the temple quest with you? Have you been into raven rock mine yet? And I know I say this a fair bit or something similar but favourite locations or dwarven ruins or dungeons in solstheim?

< That Damned Arrow >

Not yet to be honest lol, I'm wandering around trying not to get killed by random ash spawn - seven or so at a time, like an ambush. I'm, like, "Silly spawn. Die!!! Uh, dust dude follower?" *Looks around for follower* "Crap". And then I have to go looking for my follower after fighting silly ash spawn. Those guys are so creepy, and when they hit you the sound they make it so weird....neurgh. Anyway. My character loves Dwemer architecture, so we go into Dwarven ruins often. I haven't gone into any dungeons yet (weird I know) but I did recently go through that Dwarven ruins to learn the second Word of Power of that Will shout. I don't wanna bide by Herma Mora's rules....he evil!

Yh I agree that mora is so evil and that's what bugs me about it because it goes against my RP but I so want to redo it on my paladin but I probably won't because I do stick to my RP and the only lord I serve is Meridian. So I may just be left to just wander solstheim I cannot wait to get my mage to solstheim because there is a conjuer ash spawn spell to e some were and I have to use that. What class is your charchter if I haven't asked already?

< That Damned Arrow >

Battlemage, I think - restoration and a unique mod sword. :D Can't help but love it. If they're close enough but still far away, I'll use Lightning Bolt spell in place of the good ole bow an' arrows.

So you play on pc . I play on Xbox with HDMI but have still seen much better graphics on PC which really bugs I also I have a thirst for mods and textures even if it is simple mods like lanterns of skyrim also I would like a mod that adds a few more smaller villages when I say small I mean no bigger than rorikstead if not smaller.

< That Damned Arrow >

I'm obsessed with my "must-have" mods. I couldn't live without em!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts