What is missing from Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sah

hello everyone :)

EXAMPLES

Its only a small hill, should be easy to get up there......so you start going up....you get stuck & you start to jump....like a frog again and again......7 jumps later tor at the top of your little hill.:confused:

Your a member of the famous Thieves guild......you job is to steal things ......you can pick any lock...but you cant climb to the first level of a balcony. :sadface: only half of the climbing ability of Assassins Creed would have been great.....not talking about going full Monty.....but give me the dignity of climbing my little hill as the warrior i am and not as a frog.:mad:

For all the fighting ability this one may have....it is all useless if you try to preform the same moves whilst in mid air........you cant attack or block......and you cant shout.....or use your bow or magic. how many time this one has jumped to attack a dragon to no avail.:sadface:........please give us mid air attacks!

What is Missing
above are two things that this one feels should be essential parts of the game from the start or be part of the Elder Scrolls VI...
please add your own what you think is missing from Skyrim:Dragonborn:

Last edited:

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
First I'll state the obvious. TOILETS! Where does all the poop go?!?

Borderlands has toilets.

100% agreed on the other things. I always have to adjust after playing Borderlands where I can clear a camp before my feet hit the ground. Especially with the Mechromancer.

Weapon and armor repair would be cool too like they did in Fallout.

Dwemer being absent leaves a big dwarf hole imo. Got humans, lizards, cats, giants, every kind of elf, trolls, hags, zombies, ghosts, talking dogs, cavemen... even dragons. No dwarves...

Bipolar Nord

Just another fanatical gamer
Definitely would like to meet a Dwemer. To actually lay my game eyes upon the race of people that created all the machinations in the ruins. If I may be so bold as to quote....

"Septimus is clever among men, but he is but an idiot child compared to the dullest of the Dwemer."

Eating, drinking, and sleeping to maintain your overall health like it is in Fallout New Vegas hardcore mode.

More dialog options for your spouse besides....... "Hello my love back from some adventure I bet"

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
More large creatures. The type that you can spot from a distance, like dragons and mammoths. They'd be easy enough to avoid, of course, because you'd see them from a mile or more away. They'd be virtually unkillable, but not totally.

Great topic by the way, I'll post more because I think of things everytime I play. :beermug:

Reactions: Sah

Bipolar Nord

To be able to kill..........

2qulwys.png

There are some toilets. Valtheim Keep has one, discretely behind a wall there is a bucket (and a thoughtful healing potion), other places may even have reading material. What may be more disturbing is that your character appears to be constipated throughout the game.

Bipolar Nord

I forgot about the buckets hidden behind walls and stuff, so yeah. The Slow Time Shout is essential to an archer and in order to get two of the three words, you must complete the entire questline for The College of Winterhold and start the civil war questline. In a previous playthroughs, I've played an archer that doesn't have any magic skills, therefore The College of Winterhold questline benefits that character very little and at the end of the questline, you are given the honor of ArchMage. I know its just a game, but I feel like a big fat liar and phony standing in the middle of the college as the ArchMage being that my character has no magic ability at all.

Sometimes, I don't want to choose a side for the civil war, I'll usually negotiate via Greybeards, but yet if I want one of the three words of that shout, I'll have to choose a side, if I don't use glitches and recently that's exactly what I've been doing to get the words from Korvanjund (Civil war) and Labyrinthian (College of Winterhold).

Bethesda should've put just one word of the shout with the College of Winterhold or Civil war questline. I would've have been ok with everything if I only had to do one of the questlines to get that one particular word.

I know its just a game, but I feel like a big fat liar and phony standing in the middle of the college as the ArchMage being that my character has no magic ability at all..
True. I feel that you should have to reach at least Level 50 in all areas of magic before you can become ArchMage. To offset that, I would like each of the college members to offer quests where the reward is to gain five levels in their area of magic.

sticky runes

More Divines related quests. We get to do jobs for the Temples of Mara, Dibella and Kynareth, and there are Kyne's sacred trials, but I forget some of the other gods even exist such as Julianos and Zenithar.

I would also love it if I could perform burial rites for dead NPCs instead of just leaving their bodies in the middle of nowhere. I role-played a character who I decided was a former priest of Arkay, but I had to pretend that he was burying corpses that he found in forts and roadsides.

Sapphire

I definitely think meeting the Dwemer would be so cool!! And being able to use the technology they have a bit more. Like, the spiders and stuff are cool and all.... but I feel like there's more cool things that could be done.

Yes.... the lack of toilets is kind of funny. True, some places have buckets, but the common house usually doesn't that I know of.

Sapphire

More Divines related quests. We get to do jobs for the Temples of Mara, Dibella and Kynareth, and there are Kyne's sacred trials, but I forget some of the other gods even exist such as Julianos and Zenithar.

I would also love it if I could perform burial rites for dead NPCs instead of just leaving their bodies in the middle of nowhere. I role-played a character who I decided was a former priest of Arkay, but I had to pretend that he was burying corpses that he found in forts and roadsides.

I agree with this. It would be nice if you could honor the dead npcs better instead of just seeing their bodies every time you walk into a certain place. Especially cause accidental deaths happen xD

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I know its just a game, but I feel like a big fat liar and phony standing in the middle of the college as the ArchMage being that my character has no magic ability at all..
True. I feel that you should have to reach at least Level 50 in all areas of magic before you can become ArchMage. To offset that, I would like each of the college members to offer quests where the reward is to gain five levels in their area of magic.
Good idea with the lvl 50 in all magic schools. I think it should be even more involved though. There should be at least two other candidates for Archmage, and some kind of magical duel should be conducted to determine the winner.

Reactions: Sah

Sah

More voice actors....... dose any one know how many characters Belethors voice belongs too?:confused:

Sapphire is right.....how many times has this one heard a guard say "going to find who did this" * then walk off.....no NCIS in Skyrim?....and yea the body's....the kids running around playing "ohh a dead body"........Sapphire says: Especially cause accidental deaths happen .................o_O ............:p

once you talk to any npc and do all the dialog options in the talk menu....that's it for the game....npc look stupid....can say only five sentences all game?.....be good if every month (game time) the got a new set of dialog options.....if caves are to regenerate ever month.....why not tie the two together.....npc can send you for new side quests....heck fetch my lost sword or something like that.

Yea the big one .....why are shouts locked in Faction quests......can understand if its in the main quest line like Ethereal, for example in the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller....but as stated above you have to start the civil war to get the second or third part.

STOP quests that stop other quest ....example your fighting for the Imperials or Stormcloaks....your Role Playing....you set up your character with its own back-story.....your back-story ends once you reach the day you have to negotiate the peace treaty......one quest stops the other.....you cant progress unless you make that deal.......then you have to finish the main quest line to carry on the Cavil war & your back-story....too late! (what if I'm hard core and don't want peace.....but the quest has a script, there is no hard core option)

introduce reality into the game.......this one has not eaten in Skyrim for 137 days......not slept for who knows how long 37 days(is a werewolve).....introduce fatigue hunger & thirst....make it

compulsory to eat or you well die after a few days and should affect life bar....need for sleep should affect stamina bar.....you want the god's blessings let it show on your magic.

VOICE.......like in other games.....give us a voice!
:eek:

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo

VOICE.......like in other games.....give us a voice! :eek:

Holy crap! I'm back! Yah yah, save your excitement...

Now, for the voice thing, I was wondering about that. Then I got to thinking...

Fable 2 and Fable (or TLC) as far as I know had no voice for the character except grunts and yells. These games are labeled as "RPG"s. So I thought just a tiny bit harder... Why would the character have no voice at all? Aha! Role playing? Immersion?

I then looked at Skyrim. Both game series have pretty much no voice actor for the main character. How are you supposed to role play when you have a fixed voice? Now I know what you're thinking, can't they have multiple choices for voices?

Let's take a look at the Monster Hunter franchise. I have Monster Hunter 3 (tri) and I have noticed that while you can customize your appearance, and have 20 different voices to choose from, they seem limiting... 20, out of thousands and thousands, millions even, of different voice types and sounds anyone in their head could imagine for their character.

I'm sure the devs were thinking, "Why put in a voice? This is an RPG! Let them create and immerse themselves and imagine what voice their character has! After all, in play through after play through their character will be different, so their voice would be different too!"

Imagination, Role playing FTW.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
And it need not be famous voices either.

Speaking of voices, (and somewhat off topic but not quite), somehow the limited voice actors in the game has become an endearing feature. At least for me. You can meet an NPC for the first time but it seems familiar because you instantly recognize the voice. My favorite is the Optimus Prime sounding voice, (Farkus, Glover Malory etc.), but I also like the one that sounds like a bad Arnold impersonation.

Don't get me wrong... more voices are needed! And why do the voice actors use the exact same voice for all their characters? Most people are capable of altering their voices somewhat.

Anyway, I'd better stop before General Charles Xander rates me a ranter. :beermug: ;)

sticky runes

The Diplomatic Immunity quest is so boring. It's the one thing I dread most about becoming dragonborn - having to put up with that wood elf that sneaks me into the party. I should be allowed to use my other connections to get into the Embassy - I'm thane of Whiterun/Falkreath/Morthal, how about using that status to get me invited? I'm in the Thieves Guild - how about using Maven Blackbriar to get me in? I'm the Arch Mage of Winterhold, I eliminated a thalmore conspiracy that threatened my college and the rest of Skyrim, how about using that as a chance to confront Elenwen? There are so many different ways they could have played with that, instead of getting passed off as a fake guest who the hostess has never heard of but welcomes any way.

And when I become thane, I don't feel very important. All I get is a house and a bodyguard and a weapon. And a free pass if I commit a crime. There should be more perks. How about starting my own business? Like a mining or lumber trade? Hearthfire could have given me the opportunity to hire a blacksmith to use my forge or farmers to till my land.

Last edited:

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Ah yes runes, you made a great point that I must elaborate on. Reputation. This is to me, perhaps the greatest of all things missing. Harbinger of the Companions, guards think I fetch the mead? Refer to me as a bard, simply because I did some quests for the Bard's College? Never get to the Cloud District?! I saved the entire fluffing continent from destruction with the Jarls assistance, and I never get to the Cloud District?!! New to Riften???! I OWN this place!!!!

"Looking for a blade?" YES. I'm openly carrying an enchanted dragonbone war axe, got any iron swords?

And why do I need to dress better every time I visit the Blue Palace?? Bitch- you know who I am??!

Can I spare a septim? Here, take $30,000.

"Glover Malory's the name," that's well and good Glover but I'm worried. You look far to young for Alzheimer's, but if you don't recognize me by now... What is the Retched Netch pouring these days..? Let's find out! :beermug:

By the time I'm level 50, bards should be singing songs of my name and deeds! Books should be written of my exploits! I should have the option to instal a barrow, complete with those high arches, (Bleakfalls Barrow style), and hire an army to guard it! Actually, they wouldn't need to be hired- they'd do it for fear of falling out of favor with the greatest hero in the history of Tamriel!!

I'll adjourn for now, before I get too excited. Time for some ale. :beermug:

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion
And it need not be famous voices either.

Speaking of voices, (and somewhat off topic but not quite), somehow the limited voice actors in the game has become an endearing feature. At least for me. You can meet an NPC for the first time but it seems familiar because you instantly recognize the voice. My favorite is the Optimus Prime sounding voice, (Farkus, Glover Malory etc.), but I also like the one that sounds like a bad Arnold impersonation.

Don't get me wrong... more voices are needed! And why do the voice actors use the exact same voice for all their characters? Most people are capable of altering their voices somewhat.

Anyway, I'd better stop before General Charles Xander rates me a ranter. :beermug: ;)
RANTER!!! RANTER!!! RANTER!!! :mad:

:p
It was an accident you goof!

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion
To sum it up, what's missing in Skyrim?

Everything the mod "Frostfall" provides.

Walks out with sunglasses on

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts