What do you listen to when playing?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Pijack

Simple question.

I usually listen to some Death Metal, like Vader, or Abnormality. There are also Melodic Death Metal, like Amon Amarth and Arch Enemy
Can't forget about Folk like Ensiferum and Wintersun.
Also some Power Metal.
Basically, Metal.

So, what do you listen to?

Twiffle

i listen to this, in the dark with headphones .. .. .. ..

Moris

I, um, listen to the... game?

Wearing headphones, it feels like there is actually a directional component to the sound effects. Whether true or not, hearing them helps you identify when you're being snuck up on.

Besides, I adore Jeremy Soule's music. So I feel no need to replace it.

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
Depends what I'm doing if I'm just wondering around exploring then it's trance or house. If I'm fighting stuff then it's anything by the Prodigy or hard house and hardcore.

Twiffle

Or Grieg - In the Hall of the Mountain King .. .. look it up, , creepy stuff .. .. :eek:

TheMuffinTop

The Muffin Empire
It depends. If I'm playing on one of my role play characters then I'll listen to the game.

If I'm just playing one of my regular characters then I'll listen to a podcast called the " ChronoCast "

I can link it if you want?

Pijack

I, um, listen to the... game?

Wearing headphones, it feels like there is actually a directional component to the sound effects. Whether true or not, hearing them helps you identify when you're being snuck up on.

Besides, I adore Jeremy Soule's music. So I feel no need to replace it.
Oh, sure. I really love the Soundtrack of the game. It's just that sometimes I kinda like listening to some other stuff, than listening to the same songs over and over.

Pijack

It depends. If I'm playing on one of my role play characters then I'll listen to the game.

If I'm just playing one of my regular characters then I'll listen to a podcast called the " ChronoCast "

I can link it if you want?
Chrono Cast? What's that? If you could pass the link, I'd appreciate it.

Twiffle

and to be honest, i can only listen to footsteps for so long .. .. :D

Moris

Oh, sure. I really love the Soundtrack of the game. It's just that sometimes I kinda like listening to some other stuff, than listening to the same songs over and over.

Ah, for me, once the music starts getting old, it's a good indication I've been playing for too long. Time to play other music and maybe move the arms and legs around a bit. ;)

Das Ich, the Sisters of Mercy, Yello, Gary Neuman (Hybrid, and later) Nitzer Ebb, Plastic Noise Experience (Maschinenmusik) Hanzel und Gretyl, Clutch, Frontline Assembly, Front 242, Godflesh, Fudge Tunnel, Nailbomb, Cyanotic, the Shizit, Rabbit Junk, and other "Blip Bloop" EBM/Powernoise. Also the occasional old school first gen Industrial like Throbbing Gristle, Psychic TV, SPK, NON, Boyd Rice, Merzbow, and Einsturzende Neubauten. Lately, I've really gotten into ANBB.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I don't listen to music while playing, either. I find the music in Skyrim to be pretty epic and rather telling of the environment around me.

Simple question.

I usually listen to some Death Metal, like Vader, or Abnormality. There are also Melodic Death Metal, like Amon Amarth and Arch Enemy
Can't forget about Folk like Ensiferum and Wintersun.
Also some Power Metal.
Basically, Metal.

So, what do you listen to?
Have you heard of Children of Bodom? If not, check it out. I listen to the same music you've mentioned and Bodom is my favorite.

EDIT: Also, since you mentioned Amon Amarth...the greatest Viking metal band is, in my opinion, Tyr. They're probably my favorite band, period. Vocals aren't that heavy and they've got a great folk feel to them. A lot of lyrics are in Faroese which the closest modern language to ancient Norse that's still spoken (it's also where the band hails from). Also, check out Finntroll. It's in Finnish, but it has a great feel to it.

Pijack

I don't listen to music while playing, either. I find the music in Skyrim to be pretty epic and rather telling of the environment around me.

Have you heard of Children of Bodom? If not, check it out. I listen to the same music you've mentioned and Bodom is my favorite.

EDIT: Also, since you mentioned Amon Amarth...the greatest Viking metal band is, in my opinion, Tyr. They're probably my favorite band, period. Vocals aren't that heavy and they've got a great folk feel to them. A lot of lyrics are in Faroese which the closest modern language to ancient Norse that's still spoken (it's also where the band hails from). Also, check out Finntroll. It's in Finnish, but it has a great feel to it.

Man, what a coincidence! I had just heard of Arkona, a Russian Folk Band, and listened to some Týr. I heard this music here:

I've heard of Children of Bodom, though I don't quite like it so much. My brother, on the other hand, loves'em. Good to see another Metalhead playing Skyrim =D

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
Coheed and Cambria is good. In the same genre as Tool.

Primus is another good one, especially for battle quests.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts