What are good quests or items for a pure mage?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jake Johnson

Re-running as a High Elf (but not a Thalmor) pure mage - focusing on Alteration, Conjuration, Destructiton, Illusion, and Restoration.

I've already finished the entire College quest-line and the Forbidden Legend (I have the whole Gauldur Amuler.)

I am currently level 14, and seek a few other good quests or items to get before continuing onto the main game.

BTW, I live out of the Arch-Mage's quarters in Winterhold, so don't suggest Hearthfire.

FusRoDovah

The main questline will give you Nahkriin(mask), which has some wicked enchantments, but if you don't wish to go that far into it, you could also get the Morokei mask, can't remember where from to be honest.

Jake Johnson

You get Morokei's mask from Labyrinthian during The Staff of Magnus.

I have already finished the College quest-line, so I have Morokei.

I was trying to figure out some other good quests to take (I've finished Forbidden Legend, also) before the main quest.

Out of curiosity, would a High Elf make a decent thief? (I ask because he'll be forced to join the Thieves' Guild any way during the Main Quest - I'm considering taking him through the Thieves' Guild beforehand.)

AS88

Staff member
You're not forced to join the Thieves Guild, you can ignore Brynjolf and go straight into the Ratway.

In terms of quests, you might be interested in Daedric Quests or quests to help people on official business as a College representative, stuff like helping Solitude with Wolfskull Cave, helping the East Empire Trading Co at Windhelm, getting to the bottom of what's going on in Markarth, aiding priests in various cities' Temples, etc

FusRoDovah

You could also go for the Necromancer's Amulet (Blood on the Ice), just make sure to sell it to Callixto (it's essential that you do this before you arrest the mage)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts