• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    Waves of Deceit

"The Empire is watching us all, Vashur, do not fail me." Lucius had said, minutes ago, as the two "men" stood face to face, Lucius with his typical grim, noble look upon his always slightly frowning face, and Vashur, whom as a Khajiit, his facial expressions were indeed harder to spot, but if one studied Vashur closer, they would spot the hint of a smile on his lips, and the fire in his eyes. He was excited, who would not be?
    He, of all members of the famed East Empire Company, had been chosen and tasked with observing the first trade between the Thalmor and Empire, in maybe even all of history. Vashur, a former privateer, had been selected for this grandest of missions over all the other nobles holding the rank which he did, Vashur knew these despised him before, and they would loathe him after this voyage, but he did not bother with these others.

But why had Lucius chosen Vashur over these others then? There were many different reasons and schemes behind this decision. Vashur was born in Elsweyr, many Khajiit and Altmer shared close bonds after years of occupation, others however were inspired by the events taking place in Skyrim, and looked far and wide for leaders worthy of Kingship if a rebellion was to occur in Elsweyr. Except for just being Khajiit, Vashur was also the only member of the East Empire Company of the rank Commander whom did not own any nobleship or lands in Cyrodiil, as the others did, and as an effect, choosing Vashur would not strengthen any of the small courts of nobles in Cyrodiil, which could have disasterous effects upon the province, if a noble house decided to claim the throne... let's just say the Empire could not afford another rebellion so close to home.
    The third and last reason was thanks to Vashur's youth, being a member of an Altmer crew for circa twenty years made him the most experienced officer with the Altmer and Thalmor.

Vashur had realized one reason after the other the more time passed, and as he now sat alone in the large barrack, filled with caches of different materials and produce, weapons and armour, all lit up by petty braziers showering the room in a eerie glow, and he was preparing to meet the Captain whom he had chosen, Alex... Vashur could not remember the mans' surname, it was no surprise, the two had only spoken a few words to each other before, but Vashur knew he could trust the man, and his ship, for who could he not trust after filling their pockets with such a load of gold? Everyone had their price, and obviously, even a former pirate could be convinced to set sail to the Summerset Isle for the right sum of gold.

Captain Alex had been expected to come to Vashur minutes ago, and Vashur started growing impatient, if the man was delayed for too long, the recruits would show up and their chance to speak would be over.

Lucius, the leader of the Company at current, had given Vashur a truly remarkable sum of Septims for funding this operation, as the tensions between Thalmor and Empire were still very high, Lucius had decided to not use any usual East Empire members than Vashur on the first trade ship, as the risk of Thalmor extremist attacks were still a very likely thing to happen, and Vashur had been allowed personally to create his own crew and select his own captain and ship, something very unorthodox to the company, but Vashur embraced this, he had grown tired of the strict protocolls of the usual trading ships he commanded on later days, he missed his youth as a privateer, and later a naval captain, fighting to sea, but those days were long gone, his scarred, wounded self was enough proof of this.

As he sighed to himself while thinking of all this, the rain smattering on the thatched roof of the barrack, the doors swung open broadly, and in stepped the one man he could trust completely once this voyage was started, and Vashur did not mind that.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    "Ya think I don't know ya here Alex?" the voice shouts at the end of the dock, facing a ship. "When I can see The Delilah right ere' in front of me."

Alex approached a few steps from the other end of the pier, closest to land.

"Listen mate, I don't have time for this. I'm meeting an old friend. We can settle this like gents later." Alex tried with a voice of reason, but it did not work. "Settle it like gents ayye?" The hulking Nord asked, now facing Alex. The man begins to step his way down the pier and back to land towards Alex as he talks. "When ya murdered my damn father in the Arena!" he was shouting now, and Alex drew his blade. "It was a fair fight, not even, the odds were in his favor!" The Nord was halfway towards Alex now.

"That was years ago..." Alex mumbled. The Nord swung his Axe which Alex narrowly dodged, then in one swift turn sliced the Nords side open with a swing to side of the hip.
    The Nord was bleeding at a propulsive rate, but the guards rushed forward and hauled him off. Likely to a healer then to the dungeon.

"Well then." Alex said, straightening up his shirt. He headed off the where he was to meet Vashur, thinking over the plan in his mind over and over again.
    This job had paid exceedingly well, him and his crew would have enough to retire if they wanted. They likely wouldn't, and Alex wasn't even sure what he'd do with the money. For every septim they made Alex made thousands, he could live the life he wanted for himself. If only he had someone to return home to... He was hoping with his fair share of the money he could end his pirating ways for good, settle his lust for adventure and violence and start a good life with people he loves. Still sail, but under a different flag. But fate would have a different plan.

Alex opened the door and walked forward after closing it behind him, there stood Vashur. From this moment forward Alex could trust no one but this man and Jason, and it didn't worry him. "I

Sorry I'm late, there was a bit of a misunderstanding down at the pier." he said as he walked closer to Vashur. He extended his hand for a handshake, and Vashur took it. Vashur smiled politely and waved his hand in the direction of two tables pushed together and a few seats, about 7 or 8 of them. Alex sat on the end, the part against the wall so he could see anyone who enters through the door.

"Alright, my crew are on the ship and they'll be coming down here in about 3 minutes. You sure we need to hire any one else?" Alex didn't look worried, just concerned. Alex had recently bathed and washed his hair and clothes, even shaved. He didn't look very gruff and pirate like, rather than a clean and well groomed individual. His clothes were still a type of light leather armour, but he had no gloves on.

"Me first mate seems okay with it but... A job like this? What if there are any... Complications." Alex then lifted his arms above the table and rested them on the table "Other than that, it's a long voyage. You'll be bunkin' in your own cabin just below deck, there's a lock on the door and everything you requested."

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    "Alright, my crew are on the ship and they'll be coming down here in about 3 minutes. You sure we need to hire any one else?" Alex said. He was older, now, not a boy any longer, but a grown man, with a face sure to win the ladies favour, but he had a thing or two to learn about punctuation, and who to impress or not.

"Aye, we'll be needing other ones for this voyage." He said plainly, Vashur wasn't dumb enough to travel on the seas with a famed pirate crew all alone, elderly and crippled, he needed others whose loyalty could be bought, and without reason to side with Alex, if the man decided Vashur was unnecessary, and finished the voyage alone, or even worse, stole the wares for himself.

"We will have more time to discuss later, for I hear others gather outside, but for last, about our cargo."

(OOC: Daryl, do not answer this post, the conversation between us two after this is hidden and not posted. Everyone else, get in and sign up!)

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    The rain poured lightly on the rooftops in the Imperial City. A Khajiit sat on the rooftop trying to shelter himself from the rain by the help of his water worn coat. His name was Jo'haráz, former pirate on the famous ship "The Cursed Queen", now stuck on land looking for a way to get back on the seas. His cateyes scanned over the streets were guards were doing their daily patrols, and sometimes he could spot some adventurers heading for the inns, probably looking for quests. One that especially caught his interest was a young boy with black hair, and what Jo'haráz could swear was red eyes.

The Khajiit got up on his feet and headed for the edge of the roof. The streets bahind him was almost empty at this point, so he gently dropped down and landed perfectly on the dirtroad. He looked at the walls of the white buildings and spotted a poster hanging on one of them. Curious of what it could be, he rushed over to it and ripped it down from the wall. He read the poster to himself. It was about the East Imperial Company seeking for men to join a trading vessel to Summerset. The cat laughed to himself. Looks like this is your way back to your home... Then he noticed the name of the one chosen to lead the mission. Vashur, eh. So we will meet again. He gave a small laugh before he rushed over to the Water District were Vashur was supposed to wait.

Down in the Water District Jo'haráz walked straight over to the barrack where Vashur was supposed to be waiting. Before he opened the door, he grabbed an unattended bottle standing on a barrel. He smelled the tip and then took a taste. Hah! Rum. He got a smile on his face and almost smashed the doors open, bursting in looking for his fellow Khajiit. And there he was, sitting on a long table together with a young Imperial.

"Vashur! Ya bloody fool!" He shouted out into the room and took another sip from the bottle he had just grabbed. Even though he spoke the 'common tounge', his voice was influenced with a heavy Khajiit accent. Now slowly walking over to the table and taking the seat directly infront of Vashur, always keeping his eyes on him. "Look at you. What happened? You had all the freedom you could ever want, and you settled with working for the 'laws'?" He gave old Khajiit a serious look, before he bursted out laughing. "I'm just joking mate! So glad to see ya again!"

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    "Vashur! Ya bloody fool!" The young Khajiit yelled through the barrack, Vashur recognized him vaguely, was he one of the merchants in the company? The Khajiit sat down next to Vashur and Alex, something about that face reminded Vashur of something, but what?
    Before he had a chance to reply in any way, the newcomer continued.
    "Look at you. What happened? You had all the freedom you could ever want, and you settled with working for the 'laws'?" He gave old Khajiit a serious look, before he bursted out laughing. "I'm just joking mate! So glad to see ya again!"

Vashur saw the Khajiits' golden claw, and suddenly it all came back to him. He smiled greatly as he realized.
    "Jo'Háraz Goldfang?" he bursted out laughing as well, and slapped Jo'haráz on the shoulder. "Great to see you again my friend, how long has it been? Twenty summers since we last met? What are you doing here? Are you not sailing The Cursed Queen with Khajiit?"

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Vashurs response was less than satisfying but Alex didn't question it further. "Another Khajiit?" Alex thought, his left eyebrow raising. He watched the reunion unfold without a word, until finally Alex's crew began to pour in. About 12-15 men walked in, and they did not sit down at the table. They stood about the room seemingly not knowing what to do, amongst them was Alex's first mate Jason. "Lads," Alex called out, "Make yourselves comfortable. We're waiting a bit longer before we head out." Alex's only Orc in the crew, Grognak, stood on the inside of the door away from the rest of the crew.

Jason approached and wedged his way in to sit next to Alex. Jason, a middle aged Imperial with short brown hair and light facial hair whispered something in Alex's ear to which Alex just nodded. Jason gave Vashur a light nod as they made eye contact, and then they waited.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    "Jo'Háraz Goldfang?" Vashur bursted out laughing with Jo'haráz. "Actually, it's Goldclaw!" Jo'haráz said and lifted his arm showing his golden claw, and tapping it lightly on his cheek. "Aye, It's been to long. But when I first met you, I was still a boy. But a damn fine one too." He laughed again and emptied the stolen rum bottle. "My sailing days are unfortunatly put on hold I'm affraid. I ran into some... trouble on land a few months ago. And now I'm looking for a way back to the seas, and then your name suddenly appears, an an opportunity to get back. If I may join of course." He leaned back on his chair with an asking expresion towards Vashur.

Suddenly a dozen men came flowing in trough the doors, and Vashurs Imperial friend seemed to be happy with their appearence. Jo'haráz watched the men, and one of them went over to the Imperial and whispered into his ear. Jo'haráz leaned forward resting his arms on the table. "I believe this man is your friend? Aren't you going to introduce me to him?"

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    Vashur smiled again, age was catching up with him, but it was a long time since they last met, and still, only a minor error.

"This man, is Captain Alex...Brody?" he put his usable arm on Alex in a friendly manner, might as well try score as much friendly points as possible before the voyage, they were bound to have to contact each other repeatedly during the voyage anyways, but Vashur would not hesitate if the man showed any slightest hint on betraying him, and the plan ahead, the ship had to reach the Thalmor, his life depended on it.
    "Vashur will not lie, he is too old and too hurt for captaining a ship longer." He swung his right arm, what was left of it, from the elbow and up, to indicate the problems it would cause him if he attempted to sail the ship himself. "And that is why we have honourable Captain Alex here to do so for me, for both of us Khajiit." He smiled warmly again and pointed to the crew with both "arms" making the gone upper arm shown broadly to everyone in the barrack. "And of course! His trusted, experienced crew of sailors! The best money can buy south of the cold north." The words had effect on some of the crew members, who smiled and someone yelled "Damn right we are cat!" and a short burst of laughter erupted from some of the crew, Vashur did not mind people calling him cat, like other Khajiit would mind it, he needed the crew to believe in him, and be friendly always, he did not dare risk a brawl or fight on ship later, even without an arm he was formidable with his scimitar, but against a full crew he would stand no chance. He focused upon Jo'haráz yet again. "And yes, Goldfang. I know any Khajiit blessed enough to leave the sand of Elsweyr to set their paws upon The Cursed Queen is more than capable enough to be part of this crew, the reward once the voyage is finished with, and our souls touch land in Empire again, will be eight thousand Septims." 8000 Septims was more than a fair price, and Vashur had even put coins from his own pocket in the reward to make sure people would gather around him, gawking and wishing for a chance to join the ship voyage.

tdatapina

Hero of Time
    Varian walked to the edge of the mountain and looked off into the distance. A large temple stood further down, and below that, a small village. Cloud Ruler Temple. He thought to himself. Must be getting close. He’d been travelling for weeks now, making his way to the Imperial City, where he would apply for a position as a crew mate on a ship. The ship’s destination, Summerset Isles. Don’t worry Arivanya, I’ll be home soon…

The wind blew hard and he had nothing to warm his body. He shuddered, realizing how far he still had to go. I should have purchased that horse… He thought, remembering a horse for sale, a small distance from Helgen. He opened his fist and threw a fireball at a small tree branch laying in the snow, lighting it on fire. The branch was thick, but not so much that it would be cumbersome to carry for such a distance. He picked it up and smiled at the warmth. Why hadn’t he thought of this earlier? The fire crackled and sent small puffs of smoke into the dark night sky.

It only took a week, with stopping at inns of course, (because someone of such high standards should not have to sleep on the cold hard ground) before he arrived at the Imperial City. He marveled at the size of the Tower of Gold. It stood high into the sky, a clean stone white color. The gates were massive and brass, at least three times taller than the two guards that stood at it. “Good day citizen!” They said in unison. Varian rolled his eyes and continued past them. Weird… He thought to himself.

The streets of the Talos Plaza were empty except the few people that seemed to be heading for the Tiber Septim Hotel. As he walked through the districts he looked around noticing quite a few guards that all seemed to be saying the same things, and all of which sounded and looked the same. He approached the southern part of the city and began walking the bridge. Under the bridge was a stream of water that lead to the docks.

The docks were full of people; Imperials, Argonians, and Khajiits. Most of the ships were docked and there was no way to tell which one was accepting sailors. He walked toward the small area full of small shacks, hoping to find a parchment of some sort. The ground was littered with trash, and a disgusting stench filled the air around him. The shacks, if they could even be called that, were cracked and some were missing windows. Varian looked down at his pouch of gold, filled to the brim and smiled at the thought of his wealth. He looked over to a beggar and cupped his hand protectively over the gold, glaring at the homeless man. "Ah, here we are." He said quietly to himself as he noticed a small paper stuck to the wall by the upper shaft of an arrow. The Delilah eh? The parchment said that they would be recruiting at the barracks. He began making his way to Imperial Legion Barracks when he noticed a larger piece of parchment with the name of the ship on it. Those weren't there last time I was here. He thought, surprised that such a poor district would house barracks.

As he began making his way rain started pouring from the sky. "plops." He cursed to himself and he ran into the barracks, hastily making his way through a small crowd that had already gathered. The room was surprisingly large, filled with weapons, armor, chests, and bedding. Varian raised his eyebrows. The room looked rather nice, for such a horrible district. The door hinges were slightly rusted, and the door slightly green from corrosion, but much was expected, being so close to the salt water than ran from the Topal Sea.

He looked down at his garments. They now were slightly darker and heavier thanks to the rain. He shook his head disappointedly. The clothes he wore had been free of filth, and now any dust kicked up into the air would cling to his clothing like a Slaughterfish to its prey. He smoothed out the ruffles as much as he could, uncovered, and straightened his Dwarven Dagger he had come across while exploring a Dwemer ruin years ago. He had treasured the dagger and made a point to show it off whenever he could. He smiled as an Imperial nearby noticed the dagger but didn't say anything. Jealous? He thought to himself, a grin creeping across his face.

There were a lot of people standing around the room, most unsure of what to do. To the side he noticed a large Orc. He glared at the beast for just a moment, but didn't say anything. Aside from two Khajiits and an Imperial talking, there was a strange, awkward silence. Varian looked around the room, unsure of whether or not he should introduce himself, but decided against it. He stood by the door, one foot over the other, waiting for someone to notice him, because of course, why he should he be the one to introduce himself?

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    "So, have you ever been aboard a ship?" Phinom asked his companion, trying desperately to break the silence. He didn't really care whether or not she had, but he was tired of walking through the rain in silence.
    "No." Her reply was short, and she hadn't even bothered to look at him. She wasn't trying to be rude, that was just the way she acted. Phinom sighed. Luckily, they had reached their destination.

Phinom swung open the door of the Imperial docks to find a good amount of men already inside. I hope we're not too late he thought worriedly. "Excuse me," he announced, "I'm looking for an Alex Brody, I would like to speak about this ship to Summerset Isles." A few men pointed him in the direction of the Captain, who was speaking with a couple of Khajiits.

He quickly made his way over to him, Carina right behind him.
    "Are you still looking for crew members? I have a bit of experience aboard a ship, and I believe I could be of assistance."

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Another bottle of mead rolled off the table and shattered on the floor, jerking Abby awake. She looked around for the source of the noise, and sighed at the sight of her mead flooding the Windpeak Inn's floor.
    Guess that's another five septims gone...

She stretched out, yawning loudly as she got up. Placing down a couple of septims to cover the cleaning costs, Abby stumbled out of the inn, slightly tipsy, deciding to go to the docks again, to see if a ship needed an extra pair of hands. There never was, but it never hurt to check. Sure enough, the only people at the docks were a couple of sailors on shore leave; a tall, skinny one and a short, stubby, strong one, engaged in conversation. Abby sighed, then turned and walked away.

But not before she heard a snippet of their conversation.
    "You hear 'bout this new trade route the sods got themselves?"
    "What, the one with those elven bastards?"
    "Yeah. Guess the elves finally loosened up enough to be put with us. It's said the captain of the first trade ship is looking for sailors to take t'first ship across the sea."

Abby spun around instantly. If what these men were saying was true, then there was a ship just waiting for her.
    "Excuse me." The sailors jerked around.
    "What do you want, you damn who-" He trailed off upon seeing Abby, just before he could finish insulting her. Both of the sailors were silent, admiring the young woman. Her slightly tanned skin, her wide hips, her small waist and small breasts. Her deep hazel eyes, that were staring directly at both sailors. And that pink hair - it was so unusual that the sailors thought it was dyed, but they were wrong; Abby's hair was naturally pink, and she took pride in her slight mutation.
    "Why hello, little lady." The short one grinned widely, his blackened teeth showing. "Whatever could a beautiful young woman like you want with two big men like us?"

The sailor's tone implied something that made Abby almost gag, but she maintained her cute smile. Her clothes didn't help; her breeches were sheer leather, pitch black and tight enough to show off her legs. The white shirt she wore was quite baggy, and revealed almost nothing of her chest, but it was quite small and unintentionally showed off her belly. The waist-length leather jacket was also fairly small, and showed off how thin her waist was.
    "I heard you talking about this trade ship. Where might I find it?"
    The tall sailor smirked horridly, and swaggered toward her. He put a hand on her shoulder, stroking it gently as he looked down at her.
    "And how would you be willing to pay us for this information?"
    Abby paused. She knew what he was thinking, but that definitely wouldn't be what they got. She put a hand on her coin purse.
    "Coin." She moved her hand to the immaculate longsword at her side. "Blood." She smirked up at him and shrugged. "Either works."

The sailors looked shocked at her implied threat, then they laughed.
    "I'm thinking you can pay us in a different way, little lady," the short one said as he approached her, reaching down to his breeches.

Nope.

Abby kept up her smile until the man was within three feet of her, then suddenly lurched out, kicking the short man between the legs so hard he jerked up into the air a few inches before coming down and collapsing in a heap, groaning in pain and cursing at Abby. Before the tall one could do anything, she grabbed his arm and kicked his leg, twisting it round and holding it behind his back, threatening to break it.
    "The ship's in the Imperial City! It's got no crew, but it's recruiting anyone who can raise a sail! Ahhh... now, let me go, please!"
    Abby leaned down to his level, whispering in his ear,
    "Thank you." She paused for effect before releasing his arm and walking away, taunting them by blowing them a kiss before turning a corner and disappearing.

Abby immediately headed back to the inn, strapping on her travel bags and slapping down a couple more septims on the bar as thanks to the innkeep. Then she set off, heading south towards Cyrodiil.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abby travelled so quickly and so lightly that she reached the Imperial City within a week. She was fairly hungry, but she needed this job. She had to find this ship. She headed to where she guessed the docks would be, judging by a map, constantly gazing up at the White-Gold Tower with awe. It was the biggest building she had ever seen; she'd been nowhere but Dawnstar and the Sea of Ghosts. The inn was the biggest thing she'd seen before coming to Cyrodiil, but in the Imperial City, nigh on every building dwarfed the inn. She felt awed, but also rather scared and quite lost. She ignored the crowds, simply following the signs and a map to the docks.

To Abby's despair, the docks were enormous. At least twenty jetties branched off into the river, with ships moored to the majority. The trading ship could be any one of them. Her only hope was to visit that small building at the end of the docks, the one that looked like a mix of the guard barracks and the inn, though, strangely, there was no nameplate hanging above the door. Still, perhaps someone there could point her in the right direction.

She pushed open the door, coughing at the sudden whiff of sea water, alcohol and vomit. It was nothing she'd not smelt before, but it was a shock, to smell it again after so long. Abby walked to the bar, sitting at a stool awkwardly, scratching the back of her head and ordering a mead quietly. She sipped it in silence, listening for any hint of the traders.

Eventually, she gave up, waving to the barmaid.
    "Do you know anything about a trading ship headed for the elves?"
    The barmaid grimaced, pointing toward a table in a corner of the room, where two Khajiiti, a young Redguard, a Nord about Abby's age, and an Imperial, dressed quite nobly. She thanked the maid graciously, then stood up.

They certainly don't look the best of crewmates...

Abby decided to give them the benefit of the doubt, and walked over silently, putting a hand on the Redguard's shoulder to politely budge him over enough, so that she could stand at the table as well.
    "Excuse me. Uh, is this the crew for the trading ship for the elves?" Her mind kicked her brutally; that had been possibly the worst introduction possible. "I mean, is this where we go to join the crew?"

"It is indeed! Come join us!" One of the Khajiiti spoke, and Abby took a moment to understand what he was saying through his accent. The only Khajiit she had encountered before were the nomadic traders that occasionally turned up in Dawnstar, and their accents were significantly less prominent. But she figured out what he was saying, and pulled up a chair, bringing two more for the Redguard and the Nord, trying to make as good a first impression as possible.
    "My name is Aryanna White. But you can just call me Abby." Abby could see their confusion at the pet name; only a few people knew how Aryanna was shortened to Abby. But it was too long a story to tell now. "I've been on board ships since I was eight; a fishing boat. But the ship sank. I've been looking for a new job ever since; most captains don't like having women aboard at all, let alone working on their ships."

Abby was silent, glancing up at the young pair. The Nord girl seemed pretty enough, though she was muddy and greasy-haired. She looked to be the same age as Abby. However, her companion, the Redguard, looked much younger; eighteen at most. He was fairly handsome, but his face seemed to look suspicious by default. His eyes were narrowed, his mouth turned upwards in a constant grimace. He definitely didn't seem the sort to try anything on with Abby, so that was good, at least.

For the others, however, she couldn't say. The two old Khajiits were Khajiits; it was difficult to read a cat's facial expressions and body language. The Imperial eyed her closely; his bright blue eyes flickering over Abby's face and body. He looked to be the captain; whether he was looking to see whether she would do well on a ship or for... other reasons, she couldn't tell. But the man was comely; he had a defined face, with fair hair framing his head, and a short stubbly beard. He looked only a little older than Abby herself, and Abby felt a certain connection to him, like they had similar stories to tell, similar lives to have lived, similar personalities to portray. She eyed him back, though only looking right into his eyes, waiting for someone to respond.

Tiaz Raydari

Champion of Khorne
    Jaoan walked into the barracks, full of people and smells. He took off his thick wet cloak and set it down onto a stool, hopefully it would dry before he had to set off again. He was left in his padded black leather armour, his alternative to the usual robes which he decided to pack away when he landed on Alex's ship. He seemed to be late as the majority of the crew already were settled nicely in, chatting and drinking away. He could also see some new arrives, maybe the posters did attract a lot of people. Many different people too by the looks of it.

He saw Alex, Jason and the Khajiit, Vashur, who was spoken about quiet often and Jaoan had seen him once before. He pulled out a bottle of "wine" or so it seemed, it was really just a special mixture of blood and some sort of preservative that kept it good to drink however long should it be left out. He took a long sip and then walked over rest of the crew, sat down and put his feet on the table.

Imperial city, home of trading and many other things. Che'anni had heard news of a position on a ship, and decided to check it out. He first visit would be the barracks that came with the news.
    She entered and immediately looked around, people of many origins sat around. Khajiits, Orcs, Breton, even the typical Imperial. She found one smaller group that looked like they were in charge so he walked over to them. As she past the humongous Orc, he grunted.
    "Anybody know about the recruiting for some trading ship or such?" She asked the two men and the Khajiit she just approached.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    A large Altmer entered the barrack, looking a bit befuddled on what to do, and he chose to simply stand inside and wait for someone to notice him, Vashur was happy with this, both seeing an Altmer wishing to join, it would really be helpful in case of any Thalmor patrols were inspecting the ship, and he had not spoken to one of the Altmer in ages, he would appreciate the chance to do so again during this voyage. But he had to wait, as more entered the barrack, with a bit more arrogance or bravery than the Altmer.

"Are you still looking for crew members?I have a bit of experience aboard a ship, and I believe I could be of assistance." Spoke the man to him, behind him stood what seemed as his guard, an armoured woman, the man himself was dressed in simple clothes. He did not look as a noble of any sort, so what other people would have a personal guard? Skooma dealers? Slavers? Refugees or bandit lords? Vashur was not sure, but the man did not lie it seemed, they both carried the feeling of being sturdy, and from their accents, they were not from here, the lady was from, Skyrim? Vashur was not entirely sure, but the man had song in his voice, he was a Redguard. If a Nord woman and Redguard had passed through to the Empire throught the civil war engulfing most of the North by now, these two knew how to survive, but there was something odd about them still.
    "Yes, I seek crew for this most beautiful of sea vessels, I smell something troubling about you, but I will not worry of it for now, we speak later, for there are many other who seek my attention." He said, sighting more people moving in from behind the pair.

A human woman entered the barrack, dropping the jaws of many men who caught a glimpse of her, as she moved forward to the Khajiits and Alex, seated together. She spoke, and someone from the crew whistled arousedly at her. "Excuse me. Uh, is this the crew for the trading ship for the elves?" Vashur smiled and could not hold back a small laughter erupting from his mouth, the woman was no great speaker at the looks of it, but she seemed to notice Vashurs' unproffessional chuckle, and she gathered some more bravery. "I mean, is this where we go to join the crew?" She said, now in a way more confident tone, and this time Vashur did not laugh at her, but politely showed his functional arm, pointing to a chair on the other side of him, next to Goldfang. "It is indeed my fair lady! Come, join us!" The girl did not seem to understand him at first, he was not that horrible in the Common Tongue, was he? From her accent, he realized she was a Nord, he was amazed at how the news of this voyage had spread around, especially north it seemed, through the war.

Before she sat herself, she brought up two more chairs, and gestured to the pair which had entered before her, a friendly girl, he thought to himself, as the pair helped themselves to be seated by the gathering group of people around the table, and she sat herself, Vashur could once again not help but laugh, this time more loudly, as recruits and crew members alike all shared glimpses on her, as she lowered herself onto the chair, these humans were barbaric at the least.

"My name is Aryanna White. But you can just call me Abby.I've been on board ships since I was eight; a fishing boat. But the ship sank. I've been looking for a new job ever since; most captains don't like having women aboard at all, let alone working on their ships." This was true, women were said to bring misfortune to crews, Vashur had never gotten an explanation to this superstitious nonsense, but perhaps it had something to do with calling the ships for ladies? As if the ships would be jealous of other women spending time with her crew. It was a shame, many women had true potential for ruling the seas, but the chance never arose.
    Anyway, Vashur saw the fire in the girls' eyes, she had the potential for sailing, but the voyage would be hard for her, if she kept dressing like that, it would not be long until the men succumbed to lust, and a fight would break out, Vashur would have to look out for her, as well as the nord woman.
    "Many years have I travelled the seas of this world, and when I watch your eyes, I see the sea in them, you have promise, we will see if Vashur is mistaken or not, welcome Lady White." He said, trying so sound as polite as he could, Aryanna could be a valuable thing to have on his side, in the horrible scenario which something went truly wrong, simply by having her looks on his side could usurp men to stay loyal for earning favor with her, but it could just as well backfire, if these men revealed much more primitive ways than they had so far, but Vashur prayed for that not to occur, or they would all be in danger. Even if that was not vey likely, as Alex seemed to have picked his crew astoundingly well.

And for last, he raised his attention to the Altmer, still stood by the entrance.
    "My elven friend, the shadows will not hide you from a Khajiit, come, sit here, it is sure to be more pleasant than standing alone there." He left the Altmer to decide for himself if he would come join them or not, for he had other things he had to focus upon, as crew members and adventurers of all sorts gathered uncontrollably around Vashur inside the barrack. Vashur attempted to gather some sort of first impression of the people surrounding him now. Many seemed experienced on the seas, strong arms that would row the ship in case of the wind betraying them, and some others seemed more desperate for a chance away from the slums of the Water District, these were instantly discarded in Vashurs' head, he had no need for babies on a vessel into the unknown, he needed the best he could get for his money.

And somehow he felt, what he had gathered here was some of the best he could do with. He just wished this was true, finally would his mission initiate, he would be written of for this, immortalized in history, these people were blessed to be part of this, they would know it soon.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Alex saw a young man with a woman in tow enter the barracks and ask for Alex by name, he was quickly directed to Alex. "Are you still looking for crew members? I have a bit of experience aboard a ship, and I believe I could be of assistance."

"Aye lad," Alex said "And would your lady friend be accompanying us too?" he asked. Alex noticed 3 unwelcoming glances from some crew members, to which he ignored. "Take a seat lad, feel welcome." Alex's eyes then wandered over to the female, "You too." Alex motioned for two available seats to his right, with Vashur being to the left. Alex's eyes wandered over to the door to check for more newcomers, but saw none.

Alex went to say more to them, until just as he looked away out of the corner of his eye he spotted a girl with pink hair. He glanced back, and she pulled up a chair and introduced herself.

"My name is Aryanna White. But you can just call me Abby." She said, "I've been on board ships since I was eight; a fishing boat. But the ship sank. I've been looking for a new job ever since; most captains don't like having women aboard at all, let alone working on their ships."

He scanned her up and down, she looked well in her capabilities to handle herself on a ship. He knew better than to underestimate someone due his prior mistakes, this was now two women looking to join the crew. "I'm Alex Brody, I'll be your captain." He said, trying not to sound smug. "You're free to work on my ship, looks like before we leave I'll have to add some anti-discrimination into my speech eh?" Alex laughed a little, "What brings you three here?"

-
    "Alex, I'm pregnant!" Emily said, her voice raised and full of excitement. Alex was excited too, but this meant they'd have to return to land. It was far too dangerous out here for a pregnant woman. "That's great Emily!" he said, embracing her in a hug. He hadn't expected this, and it hadn't quite hit him yet, and he wasn't ready for his life to change.

He was however, glad he would soon be a father. The next few months would be all about setting up his life for his family, but he would find his blood hadn't settled and his heart yearned to be at sea.
    -

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    A few of the crew members whistled at her, staring at her body. She felt quite unclean, but was immediately feeling better when the older Khajiit said,
    "Many years have I travelled the seas of the world, and when I watch your eyes, I see the sea in them. You have promise, we will see if Vashur is mistaken or not. Welcome, Lady White."
    Lady White.

It was very strange to be called Lady White. Abby thought it sounded as though she should be hugging a small child in noble clothes, rather than trying to get aboard a ship.
    Then the captain spoke.
    "I'm Alex Brody. I'll be your captain. You're free to work on my ship, looks like before we leave I'll have to add some anti-discrimination into my speech, eh?" He laughed, and Abby chuckled awkwardly, unsure whether he was mocking her. "What brings you three here?"

"Well, like I said before, my ship sank, and this is the first real opportunity I've had since then." She narrowed her eyes slightly, wondering why he hadn't heard her before.

Abby felt eyes all over her, and she felt horrible. She looked around at the crew, noticing that a fair few of them were unashamedly staring at her. Her waist, her backside, her legs, anything worked for them. She gave them a disgusted look before putting a hand on her sword and turning back round, waiting for any inclination as to what would happen.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    Alex agreed to let Phinom and Carina aboard, but the Khajiit with one arm seemed suspicious."Yes, I seek crew for this most beautiful of sea vessels, I smell something troubling about you, but I will not worry of it for now, we speak later, for there are many other who seek my attention."
    As he was speaking, a small young woman with pink hair approached. "Excuse me. Uh, is this the crew for the trading ship for the elves?"I mean, is this where we go to join the crew?" Her question certainly surprised Phinom, as she did not exactly seem like the type of woman to be looking for a sea-bound adventure. Then again, the last ship he had been on hadn't exactly been legal. He was sure she would surprise him. After all, if she was anything like Carina, it wasn't Abby they would need to watch out for.
    Abby pulled up seats for herself, him and Carina, and after giving a nod of thanks, he sat down.
    "What brings you three here?"
    "My name is Phinom D'orcan. You probably don't recognize me, but you and I were once shipmates, Alex. But that was many years ago, and since then I have become a merchant. But I couldn't pass up the chance to be out at sea again." He then turned to Carina. "Now, are you going to introduce yourself, or should I?" He gave a mocking smile. Carina turned to look Alex in the eyes.
    "My name is Carina. Yes, I do plan on joining your crew. Phinom said it was an interesting life aboard a ship, so I decided I'd give it a try. I am used to pulling my weight, I know how to fight, and I learn quickly, so don't think I will be any less valuable of a crew member."

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    Jo'haráz sat silently in his chair listening to the people who had showed up after him itroduce themself to Vashur and the captain. One who really caught his attention was the girl who went under the nickname Abby. He didn't know if it was her pink hair or the fact that she had experience with sailing from earlier that made him want to know more about here, but she sure seemed like she was more than capable of handeling herself.

Vashur hadde called her Lady White, and Jo'haráz couldnt stop himself from laughing a little. "Vashur, mate! I don't see how you can call this pretty gal after some ghost." He laughed again and laid his arm gently on Abbys shoulder, turning his head towards her and smiling to her revealing his sharp teeth. "Well, I've never sailed with a woman before, other than The Cursed Queen herself. But I'm always open for trying new things." He laughed to her and removed his hand from her shoulder. "If anyone treat you bad, you can tell me. But I think you can handle most things." Now he turned over to Alex. "Will there be rum on the ship, captain?"

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Alex noticed Aryanna, or Abby, get stared down and begin to feel uncomfortable. He gave one of them a stern look, and the man quickly looked away.

"My name is Phinom D'orcan. You probably don't recognize me, but you and I were once shipmates, Alex. But that was many years ago, and since then I have become a merchant. But I couldn't pass up the chance to be out at sea again." He then turned to Carina. "Now, are you going to introduce yourself, or should I?" He gave a mocking smile. Carina turned to look Alex in the eyes.
    "My name is Carina. Yes, I do plan on joining your crew. Phinom said it was an interesting life aboard a ship, so I decided I'd give it a try. I am used to pulling my weight, I know how to fight, and I learn quickly, so don't think I will be any less valuable of a crew member."

Alex stopped for a moment, and appeared to be confused. Then it hit him. "By the gods, I remember you!" He said, a flush of happiness appearing on his face. "Yes, yes I do." He looked Carina in the eye as she spoke to him before, but only just answered her now. "Aye lass, I believe ya will too." Alex turned to the Khajiit, "Of course there'll be rum!"

"Excuse me Vashur." he said as he stood up and jumped up on to the table. "QUIET DOWN!" Alex shouted over the loud group of people, a few people stopped but many conversations were still in progress. The majority who had quietened turned to the remaining who hadn't and nudged them to shush.

The crew gathered in to listen to what their respected captain had to say. "If you haven't noticed lads we got us some ladies on board." Alex says, a few men cheer and woo and one whistles. Alex uses a hand gesture to quiet them down. "These aren't your toys, they're able bodied crew. I don't want to hear no nonsense of women being bad luck and the like, and if anyone makes any unwanted advances on these ladies I give them permission to kill you." Alex gives a look to each of the women, then to the rest of the crew. "Grognak," A serious Orc in the crew grunts, "I want you to keep the men in line. The girls say anything about the men harassing them, punish them as you see fit." The Orc gives out a hearty laugh, and has a smile upon his face the rest of the time. A small wood elf calls out from the crowd. "But we're pirates, not feminists!" he calls out. "Aye, but there's a fine line between being a pirate and a downright asshole." Alex says, he looks to Jason.

"Alright," Jason begins, standing up, "for this job we are not pirates. We are not smugglers. We are a skilled crew being hired by a lawful company to ensure the delivery of the goods we have been given, this trip takes us to the Summerset Isles, it will be a long journey." Alex scans the crew as Jason talks, memorizing new faces and being glad at the sight of familiar ones. He had known some of these men a long time. "This man," Alex says as he points to Vashur, "Is funding this journey. He has personally requested our ship for this task and he is to be respected like he is Akatosh, you understand?" The wood elf piped up once again. "What if you don't believe in the gods?" the smartass asked. Alex gave him a stern look, "Well you best start believin' boy."

The crew went to go back to what they were doing until Alex called out again. "Oh, and boys?" they all looked to him. "Don't think you have a chance with the ladies because we surely don't. Let the ladies work, and they'll do the same. You can find yourself a whore that'll take you in the Summerset Isles, but this is a business trip."

Jason took over again and clapped his hands together. "I hope you have all ya things cause it's gon' be a long trip, make you're all set and your things aboard the ship! Your sleepin' areas are all together not includin' the captains cabin and Vashurs, so ya all gettin cosy in hammocks. Now once we lift that anchor we are not coming back for any forgotten items, savvy?"

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    Vashur clapped his hands at the spectacle at hand. The famed reputable Captain Alex, stood upon the table in front of him, a commander of the East Empire Company, screaming orders to his crew as if they was already out on the seas.
    It was like mind control, Vashur was just going to command Alex to silence his men, as he did so himself, saving Vashur the trouble of raising his own weakening voice, and perhaps it was for the better, Alex knew these men better, and his words truly found home in the men, if any of these would even think of touching the women after this... it didn't matter, they wouldn't.

And of course, Joa'háraz had caught his private hint to him, and immediately took the chance to impress the woman Abby, or Lady White, as he had called her, it was nice too see Goldfang had not changed too much with age.

"This man!" Vashur snapped back from his thoughts abruptly, to see Alex still stood upon the table, the legs of it slowly losing grasp of the extra weight, bending slighlty, maps and old books littering the sides of the table, fallen from when Alex had jumped upon it. "Is funding this journey. He has personally requested our ship for this task and he is to be respected like he is Akatosh, you understand?" Vashur disliked boot-licking, but at least it would make the crew more likely to stay in respectable distance, he didn't have any urge for making friends only due to his station in the Company, for what other reasons were there? He had nothing, not even a full body, or youth, only his rank, but he was satisfied with that.

Jason shouted smaller commands and orders to the crew, picking up food and supplies and such, this was it, Summerset awaited them, he felt joy springing up inside of him, like as if he had drowned himself in a sea of rum from Stros M'kai, his soul was ablaze!
    He stood up with ease for his age, moved behind Joa'haráz, and playfully placed his functioning left arm in a choke grip around the one person here he could truly call friend. "Joa'haráz Goldclaw!" he exclaimed loudly, but it was still drowned by the noise from the conversations surrounding them. He removed his arm and put it on his friends' shoulder this time. "It is good to see a friendly face, you've grown into a proper bloody sea monster! Has to be a tale or two out there about the terrible pirate Goldclaw!" he clapped him heavily on the back again, and sat next Goldclaw. "But you are still a cub to me! So what makes you go soft and sign up for a legal operation as this? This cannot be the true Goldclaw!" He laughed again, the warmth spread within him, joy from seeing just one face from the old, golden days, joy from finally taking the steps to Summerset.

He spotted the others, the Nord women and the Redguard, seated around, watching the two khajiit messing with each other as if they were brothers, it would not be surprising if they were taken aback by the sudden change of personality in Vashur he thought, from polite commander to a Sea lion. He loved that title, Sea Lion.

"And you lads and lasses as well! What made you come set sail for the East Empire Company to distant lands? Wealth? Fame? Adventure and romance?"

tdatapina

Hero of Time
    "My name is Arivanya White." Varian's head snapped as he heard the voice of a woman speak. His eyes drifted over her but he looked down after noticing her appearance. Must've misheard. This is not my Arivanya. Varian looked back up at the crowd trying not to let old memories get to him.

"My elven friend, the shadows will not hide you from a Khajiit, come, sit here, it is sure to be more pleasant than standing alone there." A Khajiit sitting at a table with a few others raised his hands, calling for him to come join them. Varian looked at the rest of the crowd near him and decided to accept the offer. He took a seat slightly across from the Khajiit and recognized him as one of the two who had been speaking earlier. "So you're the captain here, I presume?" He said. He sat back and rested his arms on his lap. Just as the Khajiit was about to answer he heard a shout.

"QUIET DOWN!" An Imperial stood on the table and looked around the room. Most people continued to conversate a few seconds more. "If you haven't noticed lads we got us some ladies on board." Most of the men whooped, cheered, and whistled. Varian just sat there, uninterested. A lady is a lady. Leave her be. He thought to himself. "These aren't your toys, they're able bodied crew. I don't want to hear no nonsense of women being bad luck and the like, and if anyone makes any unwanted advances on these ladies I give them permission to kill you." Varian raised an eyebrow in surprise and whistled. "A pirate, actually respecting a lady? That's quite unheard of." "Grognak," the Imperial continued. The Orc responded with a grunt. Typical, beasts incapable of providing real speech. Varian shook his head and closed his eyes. "I want you to keep the men in line. The girls say anything about the men harassing them, punish them as you see fit." The Orc laughed loudly and a small Wood Elf called from the back "But we're pirates, not feminists!" "Aye, but there's a fine line between being a pirate and a downright asshole."

Another man stood and began to speak. "Alright, for this job we are not pirates. We are not smugglers. We are a skilled crew being hired by a lawful company to ensure the delivery of the goods we have been given, this trip takes us to the Summerset Isles, it will be a long journey." "This man," the Imperial speaking once again pointed to the Khajiit that had beckoned Varian over. "Is funding this journey. He has personally requested our ship for this task and he is to be respected like he is Akatosh, you understand?" Of course the damn Wood Elf had to chime in his own opinion. "What if you don't believe in the gods?" "Well you best start believin' boy."

Everyone continued back to what they were doing and Varian stood up and made his way to the Wood Elf. "Look, Elf." Varian said sneering. "I don't know if they are going to let you in on this ship, but if they do, you better hope to whatever the hell you believe in that you can drop this attitude, because I can already tell that if you can't, we are NOT going to be good friends. And trust me," he placed a finger on his chest. "You do NOT want to get on my bad side." Varian pushed the small Elf against the wall and turned his back before he had time to respond.

"Oh, and boys? Don't think you have a chance with the ladies because we surely don't. Let the ladies work, and they'll do the same. You can find yourself a whore that'll take you in the Summerset Isles, but this is a business trip." Good luck with that. He thought to himself, thinking of the loyalty that every Elf on Summerset Isles had towards their loved ones. Varian's eyes were focused on the Khajiit, Vashur, so he didn't hear what was announced next. All he noticed was everyone beginning to stand and pack up. "So, once again, captain, I presume?" He said looking at the Khajiit.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts