Waters of oblivion side quest bugged?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
The first book finding quest the librarian in winterhold tie glitches for me because I got the book before I went to winterhold and now he won't take the book and It keeps telling me to go back to the cave no matter what I do

Emerald angel

I'm having the same problem. I got the book very early in the game and only just picked the quest up. Its annoying because i can't do anything with it. If anyone knows away to fix it please let me know :)

jbob2000

The solution for this is to force drop the item. Open the console by pressing ~ and then type "player.drop 0001AD17 1". Pickup the book again and the quest will continue.

dysomniak

Thanks a lot, I clearly need to learn the console commands. Worked just like you said.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
PC players can take the easy way out of everything. console command "kill" and boom they're dead.

dysomniak

The real tragedy is that Bethesda released a game with so many quest shattering bugs in the first place. I feel like a cheater every time I use the console to fix what's clearly broken. Of course, I still consider Skyrim to be the best game ever made.

Yeah, had the same issue too, thanks for the solution, and I'm pleased I bought it on the PC, the only way to game! Developer's console is a must have.

cocopuffs612

Yeah be careful xbox players, i have had a few instances of this problem so far because of too much random findings and later quest starts. no ways around any of them yet

JustTheJackel

I went to the cave after i got the quest and got the book out of the chest and it said that i hadnt picked it up yet. I tried useing the console command and all it did was drop the book. When i picked it back up it the quest still didnt update. Any ideas?

dysomniak

I went to the cave after i got the quest and got the book out of the chest and it said that i hadnt picked it up yet. I tried useing the console command and all it did was drop the book. When i picked it back up it the quest still didnt update. Any ideas?

If this is the first of the two book quest you've done, try 'setstage mgr20 20', for the second 'mgr20b'.

Streetvan1997

So how about with all the money they made off this amazing game develop a patch for these missions, because it annoys the crap out of me having missions I can't do anything about.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts