Video artifacting/pixelating

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

darussian12

decided to give a try here cause the numerous google search results have linked to mostly the same thing of stuff about shadows being blocky or that type stuff....my issue havent actually seen screen grab of it on any of the links and have tried the few skyrin .ini edits about lighting and shadows to no avail. what i have done so far
-clean re install of video driver as in removed it from device manager and did drive sweeper in safe mode to remove remnants...re installed same version...did same removal re installed prev version
-have a mod overclock on GPU...set it back to defaults(mod means less then 7%
-have changed the garphics settings in launched from my custom ones to even the "mid" generic ones
-normally what id see in the screenshot i posted below id blame on the GPU but this is less then 3 mos old....also games like ME3 ive begun playing even on their high settings i have no issues
---b for above post have even run furmark for 15 min and at 99% load no artifacting and GPU not overheating so dont think its vid card by now
-have by now done clean install of SKYRIM...did the usual remove through control panel and them removed all the various temp and game data files only making sure to save my safe files in dif folder
------------------------------------------
at this point im down to the 1.4x update....whatever the most recent one is cause i havent played this in a little over a month..forgot why i stopped still i resumed and had to deal with this stuff...cant be the save files cause i started new campaign after reinstall...and ive run out of things to poss blame on my PC beyong any ofy alls suggestions

bts hardware is 6870 GPU, 8 gb of ram, overclocked 550BE. same hardware that worked till only thing that poss changed was the update to most recent patch. too bad i forgot to not install the patch at most recent reinstall which i will just reinstall skyrim again w/o patch if no one has better ideas in mean time screen grabs are from pre install and then new install at start of game

TESV%25202012-03-10%252021-48-51-95.jpg

ScreenShot2.jpg

Kaleb01

hey try putting your settings on the low preset and see if that works works for me. I was playing on high but today everything went pixel

jasong

Yeah, massively bad now. Last played a couple weeks ago, now the same system gives me artifacts on every setting except Low. What's up?

mconi3

Hi, i downloaded skyrim just before christmas and it played fine until today when i decided to play again and got not exactly errors but problems and glitches,as seen in the screen shots... i dont understand why its doing this, i have by the way recently updated my gpu drivers may this be the problem? i have an AMD Radeon HD6970 and happens to run the game fine on High settings, and i have also tried changing them to see if the helps but sadly does not. it may not look so bad indoors but it gets much worse when outside.
A reply would be very much appreciated, thanks in advanced :)
tesv2012031515411327.jpg

tesv2012031515413678.jpg

tesv2012031515410819.jpg

this is a post on another foum so ill post here as well but ill try on low settings as you all said, i think it may be AMD's new driver update :/

Cunning Linguist

I have the same problem of artifacting. My card is a Radeon HD6770 1GB DDR5. While I understand that's not the most powerful GPU, the charts I've seen said Skyrim should run fine on the 2nd highest setting. I only get results when it's on the lowest setting, tho. I tried tweaking the card settings and the application settings to eke out a bit more power. Alas, no joy.:sadface:

dcolanduno

So, how do I re-install without the patch? Seems like Steam only wants to download/install the newest stuff. Is there a 'trick'?

My screen now looks like above screen shots. Do not want to play when it feels like I am watching a semi-scrambled old cable signal....

Kaleb01

- Elder Scrolls - Image corruption can be be seen with Anti-Aliasing enabled on speciic AMD graphics hardware. This issue will be fixed in AMD Catalyst 12.3 say the update bugs

Halkin

pzzzztt
So, how do I re-install without the patch? Seems like Steam only wants to download/install the newest stuff. Is there a 'trick'?

My screen now looks like above screen shots. Do not want to play when it feels like I am watching a semi-scrambled old cable signal....

to stop auto update right click in the steam library, then go properties, updates and look for the drop down box

kristof007

This just happened to me after the AMD update. If you recently installed the newest AMD driver, system restore your computer (i don't take responsibility for what you lose) or find 12.1 driver and install that.

For nVidia cards, I am afraid I don't know what the problem is .. could be the driver too.

stickerz1989

I had the same problem, turned of Anti-aliasing in the skyrim options, but left it on on my radeon 6870 in Catalyst, and seems to have fixed the issue, hope this helps someone :)

pwny

The problem was with antialiasing for me as well. Thank you!

By the way, I am running Catalyst 12.3, and it was not fixed.

Latest posts