• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Klasie

Stormcloak Assassin
Hey guys! I really hope one can become a vampire?!

Because I just cured myself of lycanthropy! (got kinda sick of people telling me that I smell like a wet dog...sigh** :sadface: )

I hope that you can become a vampire and if you can, can you at a later stage when you are a more powerful vampire become a "daywalker"?? :cool:

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
Lol to answer your first question yes you can become a vampire. All you have to do is contract the disease and wait.

As for the whole "daywalker" thing, well...you kinda already are one. You see in this game vampirism does not cause you to take damage from sun light. Instead you take negatives to certain stats and lose chunks of Health/Stamina/Magicka.

As for becoming more powerful....there are 4 stages of vampirism and you start at stage 1. If you neglect to feed you gradually work your way to level 4. You can feed on a sleeping NPC by interacting with the individual as if you were going to pick-pocket them (crouch, then use the "activate button). As soon as you do feed it's straight back to level 1. At each level your negative/positive side effects respectively become stronger. Also it should be noted that as the stages increase, people will also go increasingly hostile towards you until eventually you are attacked on sight.

Stage One
  • You have a 25% resistance to frost.
  • You have a 25% weakness to fire.
  • While outside during daylight, health, magicka, and stamina have an automatic -15 to their total.
Stage Two
  • You have a 50% resistance to frost.
  • You have a 50% weakness to fire.
  • While outside during daylight, health, magicka, and stamina have an automatic -30 to their total.
Stage Three
  • You have 75% resistance to frost.
  • You have a 75% weakness to fire.
  • While outside during daylight, health, magicka, and stamina have an automatic -45 to their total.
  • Most NPCs will not interact with you if you initiate the conversation.
Stage Four (blood starved)
  • You have a 100% resistance to frost.
  • You have a 100% weakness to fire.
  • While outside during daylight, health, magicka and stamina have an automatic -60 to their total.
  • Nearly all NPCs become hostile and will attack on sight, including spouses.
Curing Vampirism!
Many people have been having an issue with curing vampirism. There are two ways of managing this. First you may become a werewolf. Secondly you may go to Morthal and speak with Falion. The easiest way to find out about Falion is through the inn keeper Valga Vinicia at Dead Man's Drink in Falkreath.

Klasie

Stormcloak Assassin
Ahhh okay kwl...then I will just have to keep balance to my stages in order to walk the world freely without getting myself staked. Sounds easy enough...I think.

Mikemc

Can you become a vampire if you are already a werewolf?
Can you ride a horse as a werewolf?

Klasie

Stormcloak Assassin
Nope...you can't be a werewolf and a vampire...I don't think so. If you could it would just be stupid!

No you cant ride your horse while you are in the beast form. but while in human form yes you can.

I would suggest that you choose your alliance wisely Werewolf, Vampire or Human. Werewolf sucked for me! Damn strong but it still sucked! So I am currently seeking out the vampirism disease!

Mikemc

Actually uh.. Werewolf is really the only reason I bought the game :D
The rest just happened to be a bonus

Klasie

Stormcloak Assassin
lol seriously? I thought you would've bought it for the same reasons I did :p

• Amazing world
  • big @ss sandbox game
  • self generating quest game (in other words...never-ending game)
  • Awesome story line
and then the werewolf and vampire part is what I see as a bonus hehe...

brandon

plops i didnt even know you could be a werewolf until i joined the companions lol

Abuse

Well, Im 4th stage vampire and im not liking it at all, my other character is a Werewolf and that's much better (In my opinion) Im currently seeking to cure myself of vampirsm..

Tip: Deffinatly don't go 4th stage, I kind of walked into a town not knowing and got myself almost killed by every single NPC there :p

Also a question if anyone see's this.. Can I feed just on sleeping people? or?

brandon

idk if you can feed on anybody or not but that would be awesome if you could hide in some bushes outside of town and jump on some poor unsuspecting soul like from 30 days of night. that would be badass

Brad

Yes you can feed on any sleeping NPC. And it does not turn them into vampires by feeding, so if you have a companion, you can use them as a sure source of feeding.

DTHECHEMIST

im gonna take another stab at getting rid of this vampire situation...its pretty annoying to have.
again i just think its quite odd how when im trying to sneak up on "sleeping" victims they wake up asap before i even get close...

apeCRAP

Has anyone been able to feed at stage 4? You can't sneak up on anyone if they are already your enemy and also Im only level 10 so I can't defeat a town lol

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
There are other options. Remember that there are other people than just townsfolk. You can also feed on random hunters in camp, farm owners, people in cottages scattered across the land, sleeping bandits. Be careful and sneak slow. Also if you're wearing heavy armor take it off. It's probably killing your sneak score. Stay out of the light and don't bump into anything.

Nuclear Dave

like the previous poster said, keep your armor off. you can change all your armor and weapons instantly. So if you do get discovered. pause, and equip your armor and your good to go.

apeCRAP

What I did was just made a new character than next time it happens ill get cured right away. SURE is a lot of little surprises in this game :)

Latest posts