• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

AS88

Staff member
Why not a vampire-hunting vampire? o_O

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Vampire Hunters. Ain't no way I'm gonna let Harken put his grubby fingers on me and violate my personal space in order to turn me into a vampire. Serana though...

Sah

o_O this one has warned this Community many many times:cool:....but no one is listening:sadface:......the Vampiwolves are coming!:eek:.........you will seeo_O......I have warned you all
:sadface:

pulls out her Diploma..........BUFFY'S VAMPIRE-SLAYERS COLLEGE OF ADVANCED SPIKING DIPLOMA (no alcohol involved)

PS....no PC Tag?

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Vampire Hunter, why? Because vampires represent the lowest form of parasite. Hollywood can attempt to make vampires 'cool' by making them all conflicted and sparkly but at the end of the day it's all the same... Vampires are parasites and vermin and bring nothing to the world besides death, or worse, undeath. They aren't cool. They aren't poor, cursed creatures, they are scumbags. Just like dragons, they aim to dominate and have no business holding any power over nor having any influence over humans, ever.

I know some people will say: "Oh, some are nice" or "Yabut, Paarth helped me"

WRONG WRONG WRONG

Vampires and Dragons work on a different timeline than humans. Posing as a hero and friend for a few years or decades is like a human playing a role for a couple weeks, not difficult at all.

Trust Vampires and Dragons at your own demise. :)

LotusEater

This load screen tells it all. Just switch Vampires for Dragons...

skyrim-loadtime.jpg

Staff member
Vampire Hunter, why? Because vampires represent the lowest form of parasite. Hollywood can attempt to make vampires 'cool' by making them all conflicted and sparkly but at the end of the day it's all the same... Vampires are parasites and vermin and bring nothing to the world besides death, or worse, undeath. They aren't cool. They aren't poor, cursed creatures, they are scumbags. Just like dragons, they aim to dominate and have no business holding any power over nor having any influence over humans, ever.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

Vampires and Dragons work on a different timeline than humans. Posing as a hero and friend for a few years or decades is like a human playing a role for a couple weeks, not difficult at all.

You're only flaw is that Paarthy has been a good guy SINCE THE DRAGON WAR. So yeah... more than a few decades.

LotusEater

WRONG WRONG WRONG

You're only flaw is that Paarthy has been a good guy SINCE THE DRAGON WAR. So yeah... more than a few decades.

Even so, Dragons are immortal... at least in the sense that we view immortality. Even centuries would be barely discernible to an immortal. Paarth is a whole nuther subject and I get why people get so attached to him but he plays by an entirely different set of rules, given his timeline. Paarth has proven he will sway whichever way will save his own butt. I might let him live if I were immortal as well and could constantly keep tabs on him but he can't be trusted... he even admits as much. I'm not gonna watch from Sovngarde as Paarth the opportunist decides it's time to kick off the Dragon Wars again now that I'm out of the way. Greybeards won't live forever... then what?

Staff member
Even so, Dragons are immortal... are least in the sense that we view immortality. Even centuries would be barely discernible to an immortal. Paarth is a whole nuther subject and I get why people get so attached to him but he plays by an entirely different set of rules, given his timeline. Paarth has proven he will sway whichever way will save his own butt. I might let him live if I were immortal as well and could constantly keep tabs on him but he can't be trusted... he even admits as much. I'm not gonna watch from Sovngarde as Paarth the opportunist decides it's time to kick off the Dragon Wars again now that I'm out of the way.
Humans can take down dragons, especially one as weak as Paarthy. The Ebony Warrior is a prime example of a human who can completely roflstomp an upstart like ol' Paarthy. Not to mention that Dragonrend exists and Paarthy was kinda instrumental in that. Your point is akin to wearing a tinfoil hat and will become more unreasonable as time passes and technology improves.

LotusEater

Tin foil hat? What in God's name are you talking about? Technology? You lost me...

Staff member
Tin foil hat? What in God's name are you talking about? Technology? You lost me...
The longer Paarthy waits the better mortal weapons and the larger and more developed they will become. I figured that was kinda obvious. Tin foil hat is a reference to crazy levels of paranoia.

LotusEater

The longer Paarthy waits the better mortal weapons and the larger and more developed they will become. I figured that was kinda obvious. Tin foil hat is a reference to crazy levels of paranoia.

It's not really paranoia. It's more about whether I offer Nirn a band-aid (let Paarth live) or a cure, end the bloodline and legacy once and for all. As long as Paarth lives, he will hold sway over the rest of the Dragons due to his age and, most notably, his bloodline. Nobody except the Blades are happy that Paarth is part of the threat but it doesn't change the fact that:

skyrim-loadtime.jpg

Also, contrary to popular belief, technology does not win wars. Look it up.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Vampire Hunter, aside from the cool hat you can get (see avatar)

As for tech I am gonna keep it in the canon for TES for convenience. I don't care for Molag Bal at all (tee hee), Harkon is meh, and I don't feel so weak as to want or need "special" powers or immortality. While same goes for if I would become a werewolf if I had the choice (fatal flaw for RP acting like you would get a choice outside special circumstances... anyway) I just don't care for Vamps whether they are cool or not.

As for the dragon thing, you sound like Delphine, The servant who would think they could command me. Paarthunax unlike most vampires has proven he is actively pursuing peace, your argument falls flat when in game Paarthunax challenges your statements with the immortally paraphrased by me "Is it better to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"

Now I don't like Vampires and I don't like Dragons. But I am not going to be so insane to kill indiscriminately. Already got full trophy walls, might as well start working in morality into my calculations.

Unless I get paid otherwise, but that is details that go into the contracts.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Vampire Hunter, always more fun hunting the blood-suckers down.

Humans can take down dragons, especially one as weak as Paarthy.

Lorewise he is the second strongest Dragon, being the second son of Akatosh and only the Dragonborn and Alduin rival his power.

As for the dragon thing, you sound like Delphine, The servant who would think they could command me.

The Blades don't actually serve you, nor do they ever swear fealty to the Last Dragonborn. They only agree to guide you as a Dragonhunter, and they do just that with leading you to Alduin's wall and setting you on the path.

Paarthunax unlike most vampires has proven he is actively pursuing peace, your argument falls flat when in game Paarthunax challenges your statements with the immortally paraphrased by me "Is it better to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"

Paarthurnax is pretty grey. Everything he has done benefits him, and gains him more power. Much like how Durnehviir sought Necromancy to aid him in gaining power, Paarthurnax uses humanity and the Dragonborn to gain his power in removing the elder brother. He only betrayed Alduin when he claimed to be a God. Had Alduin not done so, Paarthurnax would still be his most loyal lieutenant.

Paarthurnax isn't completely good, and he mentions he's constantly tempted to return to his nature.

On one hand he says it is wise not to trust him, another he says he can be trusted. Those who do the greatest evil, are the ones who believe they're doing good.

He did give off his dominating vibe at the end of the questline.

All in all I find him a very well written NPC.

LotusEater

Vampire Hunter, aside from the cool hat you can get (see avatar)

As for tech I am gonna keep it in the canon for TES for convenience. I don't care for Molag Bal at all (tee hee), Harkon is meh, and I don't feel so weak as to want or need "special" powers or immortality. While same goes for if I would become a werewolf if I had the choice (fatal flaw for RP acting like you would get a choice outside special circumstances... anyway) I just don't care for Vamps whether they are cool or not.

As for the dragon thing, you sound like Delphine, The servant who would think they could command me. Paarthunax unlike most vampires has proven he is actively pursuing peace, your argument falls flat when in game Paarthunax challenges your statements with the immortally paraphrased by me "Is it better to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"

Now I don't like Vampires and I don't like Dragons. But I am not going to be so insane to kill indiscriminately. Already got full trophy walls, might as well start working in morality into my calculations.

Unless I get paid otherwise, but that is details that go into the contracts.

How is he actively pursuing peace? Maybe for himself. Sorry, I don't really think it's admirable to hide on a mountain for centuries, leaving everyone in the dark about the impending return... that he's well aware of, even as it's happening you have to convince the Greybeards to even admit he exists. Nobody on that mountain volunteers the information. So what you call actively pursuing peace I call hiding on a mountain while leaving everyone else to their fate. Not impressive and I would not be willing to leave the fate of humanity in their hands. Their secrecy solved nothing and only complicated matters in the main questline.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
If he is such a monster, that can only go out and try to destroy or dominate mortals... Wouldn't finding personal peace mean more world peace?

The Greybeards know Paarthunax exists, he is their "grandmaster" as the shining example of the Way of the Voice. Which is of peace. It sounds like because he is pursuing peace in the way he recognizes as the best way opposed to what you want him to be which is the monster he was before.

As for Mage, you have got me there, they used to serve the dragonborns not that they do serve you. common misconception I am sure.

Now please let this tread stay on course, start a new thread or find the old one on the issue of Paarthunax.

Wildroses

I pretty much walked into the dining hall, looked at all the moaning prisoners on the tables with vampires gnawing at them, listened to Harkon giving his: "Father of the Year" speech in which he was more excited at the return of his elder scroll than his daughter, then watched him deciding that the correct response when Serana called him out on this was to talk about killing her mother and show more interest in the stranger than with her, and decided that joining the vampire hunters was a no-brainer for me.

Staff member
Without Alduin I just don't see Paarthy as the same level of threat material. Sure he could rally the dragons, but the game has shown that only Alduin can bring them back from the dead thus far. And the Ebony Warrior, for all intents and purposes, is a rival of the dragonborn and thus rivals Paarthy. It would be a bloody war, because they're dragons, but Paarthy is losing his window. The second great war is the only opportunity I can see for him.

And a certain amount of multiple factors is required to win wars. I'm well aware of that. However it certainly helps, and doesn't detract from my point. Unless he makes a move during the Second Great War, he has nothing to gain by waiting. Since we are making all these great war references, the dragons closely resemble the Nazi dogma of quality over quantity, while the humans resemble more the dogma of industrial capacity and quantity over quality.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts