• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Skyrimosity

*STICKIED 1st POST*

It has been 5 years since Alduin and the fabled Dovahkiin battled in Sovngarde. Neither Alduin nor the Dragonborn were ever seen past that day.

The civil war has increased in magnitude as the Empire sends more and more men, only encouraging more local Nords to take up the cause of the Stormcloaks. The war is a stalemate.

There are ever-increasing numbers of Thalmor patrols entering Skyrim, attempting to enforce the law that no one worship Talos.

In Rorikstead, a quiet farmer named Edwyn lived a happy life with his beloved wife Muiri. He had met Muiri in The Hag's Cure during his days of adventure and fell in love. Muiri confessed to Edwyn that she worshiped Talos illegally. Edwyn told Muiri he did as well so their love was cemented. They lived a happy quiet life running a farm and small produce stand in Rorikstead.

Then one day, a Thalmor patrol came. Muiri did something that Edwyn would never understand. Muiri ran at them shouting that Talos would never forgive them. The Thalmor dragged her away.
    Edwyn has since spent his time watching carefully the happenings of Rorikstead, checking the inns and watching the streets for adventurers that could help him to hunt down Patrols in an attempt to find his love.

(Please keep in mind that the cities are larger than depicted in Skyrim. Population influx from Empire)

----------------------------------------------------Rules

1. No godding (outrageously over powered characters), no killing forum members characters (unless expressly agreed upon by all players involved), or saying so and so robs store of all goods, ruining the experience of other people.

2.All posts should be relevant to the RP, except for stuff in Out of Character comments
    Example:
    OOC: I need to go to sleep now, my character will just go along with whatever you guys decide.
    3. You may make NPCs if the situation arises.
    Example:
    Innkeeper: Hello, traveler! Would you like a drink?
    Hero: Yes, that'd be nice.
    Innkeeper: Wonderful, that'll be 3 septims.
    4. Have fun!
    -----------------------------------------------------Cast
    This RP starring:
    Skyrimosity as - - - - - - - - - - - Edwyn
    Soundwave129 as - - - - - - - - - - Esset
    The_Madgod as - - - - - - - Velid Anahill
    PurpleShew as - - - - - - - - - Bruynzeel
    Minstrel as - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Circe
    Rekamennos as - - - - - - - - - - Leilana
    Nevarwin as Svarr the Short-Tempered
    ----------------------------------------------------Story
    The story can be found here: Two Sides of a Coin
    The workings of our characters and the story for all to enjoy.. Please read. And feel free to rate and critique. But do it here, Thanks :)

RECRUITING OPEN!!!

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    (This'll be good! Saw this as a chance to use my revamped Alistair.)

Name: Alistair
    Race: Nord
    Class: Ranger

Appearance: Alistair stands tall at around 6'2, complemented with a muscular, yet slender build amassed through years of training and combat experience. His complexion is marred with a handful of brief scars, and his rough stubble and shoulder-length brown hair give off the impression of a rough and grizzled individual. The most prominent feature of his visage are his frost blue eyes, although his gaze can be intimidating to some; his eyes do have a certain vigor and youthfulness to them.

Gear/Skills: As a ranger, Alistair is very proficient in the use of his weapons of choice, lightweight, sturdy steel blade which hangs from his hip in a leather scabbard and a carefully refined wooden bow, with a matching quiver of arrows. Gifted to him many years ago by his Bosmer mentors. Along with this, he also possesses an Elven dagger strapped to his boot.

Alistair always wears lightweight armor, preferring to be light on his feet and dodging attacks rather than absorbing them through several layers of metal plate. He wears a reinforced leather cuirass, boots and bracers; along with a dark pair of trousers and a dark green/grey wool cloak fastened around the neck.

Personality: Mysterious and dangerous are words often used to describe him by those none-the-wiser, and taking into account his physical appearance and quiet, methodical manner it's understandable why some would think that. While it is true he seldom allows himself to get close to others and is soft spoken, preferring to let his actions speak for him, Alistair is by no stretch a criminal. Nor would he harm any innocent person. Around those he trusts he allows himself to open up a bit, occasionally cracking sarcastic remarks or jokes. However, he is quite the realist at times, and believes that the ends justifies the means.

Story: Alistair was born on a farm in the Whiterun Hold of Skyrim to loving parents. His father was a devoted farmer, working hard for hours at a time to feed his family. He was a former scout in the Imperial Legion, retiring after his leg was lamed in battle. Alistair's mother was a herbalist, and was quite skilled in alchemy. As they were hours from the city of Whiterun, the ability to concoct medicine or any other alchemical potions was an invaluable skill. For the first few years of his life, Alistair was as happy as could be.

One day, while on a routine trip to Whiterun for supplies, Alistair's father was ambushed by bandits. They took the goods and killed his horse; before severely wounding him and leaving him to bleed out. When Alistair and his mother heard the news, they were distraught. Things would be much harder around the farm, and it didn't help that Alistair's mother was beginning to fall ill.

As the weeks passed, her illness became worse and worse. Her alchemical concoctions were able to stall the symptoms, but not cure her ailment. With no alternative in sight, she revealed to Alistair that his father was born in Valenwood, the home of the Bosmer. There he; after being left by his parents who operated a caravan, was fostered by a Wood Elf named Faewen. She also revealed that she was sending Alistair to live with him, concerned for him and knowing she couldn't support him much longer. So, the young child was given his dying mother's blessing and was sent off on a dangerous journey across Tamriel.

As the wagon passed through the foreign and exotic jungles which were teaming with life, the young boy could not help but feel as if he was on another planet. Strange animals and plant-life were everywhere you looked. Trees as tall as the White-Gold Tower blotted out the sky. It was a new world he had stepped into, a strange and aberrant world. Alistair's arrival was not a surprise to the grizzled and aging Bosmer, as the boy's mother had sent a letter beforehand. The aging Bosmer tried to be friendly with the now adolescent Alistair, but he was angry. Angry at the cowards who killed his father, angry at the world for all the wrong it had done him and angry at Faewen for trying to help him. It didn't help that he received word his mother had died during the trip. Those were darker days for the child, he had never hated anything before in his life.

Overtime, Alistair became more comfortable with Faewen. The Bosmer was an experienced ranger, although now much older, he still knew a thing or two about combat and hunting. Wanting to prevent the same injustices that took his father happening to others, Alistair trained with his new mentor. Together they sparred, seasoned their archery skills and hunted in the dense wilderness of Valenwood, and explored much of Tamriel together. Spending months or even years in different provinces. Alistair was flourishing, after years of honing his skills he was becoming an experienced ranger himself. Faewen was proud to see the boy grow, even as he became older and older. After decades of training, Alistair had become a young man, surpassing the now very old Faewen in terms of skill.

Now that he was of age, it was time for Alistair to live his own life, make his own path. He thanked Faewen for all he had done, for taking him in and raising him well; before setting out on his own journey. His life as a peasant farmer is but a distant memory, he's moved beyond that now. Now he is older, it's been nearly ten years since he left Valenwood. Although he's seen much death and violence in those ten years, he believes there is good to be found; that the world is worth fighting for.

Skyrimosity

Mr. SD, the rules should be rather familiar to you since they're copy, pasted, and edited from RoF.
    I'm working on my new character card, give me a moment.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    I'm debating whether or not I should create an original character for this.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Well, I have this really interesting insane character who could work, but I love making new characters. So, this is a problem for me. I'll create another character card then compare it to Selia's. Then I'll have my choice.

Skyrimosity

Name: Edwyn
    Race: Breton
    Class: Conjurer

Appearance: Edwyn is about 6'0. He is rather muscular from years of adventuring and his recent years as a hard-working farmer. His face is rather rugged and he has black hair which goes down to his shoulders in the back. His smiles are few and far between since his wife Muiri was taken away.

Gears/Skills: Edwyn carries no weapons and only uses weapons he can create meaning strict limit to Bound Swords and Bound Bows. When backed into a corner or faced with a desperate enough situation he does have the knowledge to summon Atronachs of all kinds. He has studied Necromancy as well but prefers the Atronachs. He wears a full set of Fur Armor just about all the time.

Personality: He is a bit stubborn in his beliefs and will not back down from arguing. Often sad now that his wife Muiri was taken away.

Story: Edwyn had lived a quiet life in High Rock. His mother was a very cheerful woman whose smile could lighten the mood of the chronically depressed. His father was the one who taught him the basic conjuration spells but he spent most of his time with friends hunting. When Edwyn was 12 years old, he came home to find his house burned down and his parents killed. There were no signs of who was responsible. The village decided that they couldn't care for Edwyn so they decided Edwyn were to live with his Aunt Barbona in her home in Skyrim. Her home was in the forests not far from Falkreath. Edwyn mastered his skill in conjuration while hunting the various game of Skyrim. Edywn left his Aunt at the age of 25 but left her with all the Septims he could spare.

After 3 years of adventuring, he met her. Muiri was an assistant in a small alchemy shop. Edwyn fell in love with her. 2 years later Edwyn traveled to Riften and bough an Amulet of Mara, showing it to Muiri. Muiri was never happier. Edwyn bought a small home in Rorikstead where he and Muiri moved in. He would farm the land and Muiri would sell the surplus produce. They had the same routine for 5 years until the Thalmor Patrols took Muiri away because Muiri screamed that Talos would never forgive them. Now Edwyn is often seen watching the streets and checking the inns for any adventurers that could help him reclaim his wife.

Soundwave129

Lord of Order!
    This'll be fun! As for who I side with... well, that depends on who pays more. ;)
    Character Name: Esset
    Race: Bosmer
    Class: Assassin
    Looks: Pale skin, with slicked back bright white hair and dark circles around his red eyes. Scar on his right cheek. Always sports a confident smirk.
    Personality: Arrogant, but brilliant at the same time, often locating every potential target in an area within seconds.
    Combat Preferences: Enchanted ebony bow taken from the throne room of the Count of Leyawiin after one of his more grueling assassinations, thought to be the last of the legendary Black Bows captured by the Knights of the White Stallion. Often sports glass armor.
    Main Skills: Archery, Sneak, Speechcraft, Conjuration.
    Bio: Esset was born an orphan in Valenwood. He raised himself, training for years with a bow to near perfection, while secretly worshiping Clavicus Vile, until he was ready to head out and make a name for himself. At the young age of 27, he became an assassin for hire. He worked for decades, growing richer by the minute, until the Thalmor came. Under the watch of Thalmor soldiers, Esset's activities were becoming much riskier. Eventually he decided to leave his homeland, culminating in a rather exciting escape from several different enemies. Throughout the Great War, he hopped around various provinces, always fleeing right before the local law enforcement could catch him. He finally ended up in Cyrodiil, where he joined up with the Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves Guild. Esset became good friends with his fellow criminals, though he tended to avoid the silent and brooding Cicero. But all good things must come to an end, and so it came to be that both the Brotherhood and the Thieves Guild fell. After remaining in the Imperial City for as long as he could, Esset decided that he would venture to Skyrim, the last known refuge of the Dark Brotherhood. He know serves the Dawnstar Sanctuary, as a feared killer. His tongue as sharp as his arrows, the name Esset is whispered throughout Skyrim, a legend of the night.

Skyrimosity

Good character card Soundwave.
    Doubt I really need to say it but just to make sure there's no confusion, Welcome to Two Sides of a Coin!

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    I've decided to use my first RP character ever. Notice, he is tweaked from his original form-

Name: Velid Anahill

Race: Bosmer

Appearance: Velid has long, braided brown hair and some stubble, but not much in the way of a beard or mustache. One of his eyes are pure white, whereas the other is azure. He has glazed tan skin and a very muscular body. He is about 6' 7" with longish limbs. His pure white ye has a scar running across it, the source of his blindness, as does his back. He has very little body hair, prefering to keep shaven.

Supernatural: Werewolf

Skills: Velid is skilled with any kind of ranged weaponry, from a long bow to a crossbow to a wizrds staff, and everything in between. He is a novice with a sword and is okay with a shield, but he prefers to fight from a distance. The Bosmer is also a skilled acrobat and runner, allowing him to keep up with others even when wearing his usual heavy armor. He is also quite skilled in unarmed combat, having been trained by his adoptive Khajiiti family. Finally, he is extremely charismatic and good at sneaking around due to training by his family.

Class: Archer Paladin

Titles: Dawnguard captain, Ex-Thane of Morthal, Blood-Kin, Companions Circle and Imperial soldier.

Vernacular: Cyrodillic, a bit of ancient Bosmeri, some Khajiiti and some Orcish.

Equipment: 200 septims, A full set of heavy Dawnguard armor with a Dawnguard pack, an enhanced Dwarven crossbow with a fire enchantment, the Dwemer bow Zephyr, a full quiver of Sunhallowed Arrows, an old Dawnguard waraxe and two-hundred steel bolts.

Spells: Healing Hands, Stendarr's Aura, Sun Fire, Vampires Bane, Healing, Frostbite, Flames and Turn Undead.

Education: Some basic education from Valenwood, a degree in speechcraft and archery from the Imperial University and a full set of random skills taught to him by his Khajiit family and trainers.

Homeland: An old wood cabin in eastern Valenwood.

Fatal Flaw: Velid is extremely generous, and would give a small fortune away to a beggar if he asked.

Allies: The Khajiit trade caracvans, the Companions, the Orcs of Dushnik-Yal and the Dawnguard.

Personality: Velid is shy and reclusive, prefering to avoid speaking with anyone unless required. He is, however, quite nice, and will always help out when help is needed. If you can actually manage to get acquainted with him, you will find a great and loyal ally who would follow you to Oblivion and back if you asked. There are very few people he hates- Vampires, who killed his parents, and the Thalmor, who essentially enslaved his people.

Backstory: I'm only gonna give this if someone asks for it.

How was that?

Skyrimosity

That character is fine but...
    SPOIL DAWNGUARD AND YOU WILL BE CRUSHED BENEATH A WAVE OF FURY!!!
    Sorry, my inner-Hircine got out.
    But seriously, no Dawnguard spoilers. At all.
    So yea, your character is accepted (I'm sure you know not to make your character over-powered God of killing all things of course)

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    *tiny voice* Got it, no spoilers... *hides in corner*

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    So I'm guessing you don't want his backstory detailing his rise in the Dawnguard? Did anything in my char. card count as a spoiler?

Skyrimosity

Just to be clear guys, we all know that for some reason or another we will need to be in Rorikstead, correct?

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Oh, one thing I forgot to add. The reason he hates Thalmor. Check Velids personality in a minute.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Also added his Werewolf form, does that matter? If it does I can remove it.

Skyrimosity

As long as you do not post in detail the missions of Dawnguard it is fine.

Skyrimosity

Ok, so how many RP'ers should we have before I start it?

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
    I wish to join let me know if Bruynzeel would be good. Or if I should make a new character. I am fully prepared to tone him down but I love him as a character. his name is a link in my sig.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    I'm saying like 6-7. Not too many.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts