Open Treasures of the Old World (A Fallout RP)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    The year is 2294 and the place is, or rather was, San Francisco California. Much of the city was destroyed when the bombs fell and the once famous bay has dried up completely. Yet the Golden Gate Bridge still stands and the past two hundred and twenty years have seen it become a rallying point for a new city. A city that reflects a world broken by atomic fire and only a shadow of the one that preceded it but a city nonetheless. Like New Vegas or New Reno, New Frisco took on a life of its own. Like many others the NCR annexed New Frisco during its expansion across California. It now stands as a marshaling point for the NCR to move into northern Nevada and secure it. Both as a flanking route in the ongoing war with Cesar's Legion and to secure the rumored Old World treasures for the war effort.

One such treasure is a massive underground complex supposedly untouched by the bombs. This complex, known only as Vault 0 glitters with Old World treasures and contains a weapon that would allow the NCR to end the Legion threat forever. The Legion knows this too and seeks to destroy Vault 0 and all of its pre-war wonders. The Brotherhood of Steel also knows of Vault 0 and the High Elders in Maxson have called for a massive commitment to seize it but they are divided on how to proceed. An informal alliance has been formed between the Brotherhood and the NCR to stand against Cesar's Legion and many Elders and their chapters wish to aid the NCR. Others still have memories of the terrible conflicts between the two powers and demand that they cleave through the NCR to reach Vault 0. The NCR top brass is equally divided on whether to work with the Brotherhood and strengthen ties or to use this as an opportunity to destroy their old enemies once and for all. Only time will tell which course of action is taken, and how loyal the Knights, Scribes, Paladins and soldiers of the two powers will be to their leaders. And of course, there's always the threat of the Enclave still out there somewhere, waiting for the right time to rise to power yet again.

An independent expedition has been organized in New Frisco by the mysterious ruler of New Vegas, Mr. House. Its mission is to find Vault 0 before the three armies do and the agent Mr. House works through supposedly has a key to unlock it. A key no one else knows about. No one knows why Mr. House wants Vault 0, but the bigger question is can the team get to it before one of the armies decides to "liberate" the key?

Rules:
    1. No godding. (That means no super-duper American Southweast killing powers, character ideas, abilities or anything else that ruins other people's fun. If you're not sure if your idea crosses the line, please ask.)
    2. This is a Fallout RP. You should be familiar with the universe before joining. If not, the Fallout Wiki is a great resource.
    3. There are no set points for S.P.E.C.I.A.L but please keep it realistic. Try to have no more than four skills your character's really good at (as if these were your four Tag! skills in any Fallout game.) Give a little explanation of how your character's good at these skills and bad or just average at others.
    4. Please try and keep cursing and lewd speech to a minimum in the RP itself. I don't care what you guys do in the OOC chat (this thread here).
    5. Make all of your posts at least a paragraph (Five sentences.) and please try to post every other day. More is better. Anyone who does not post for two weeks or more and has not posted a reason why will be considered inactive and have their character suffer a terrible death at the claws of a thousand mudcrabs be parked somewhere for when and if they decide to come back.
    6. If you know you have an upcoming commitment, you get bored with the RP, life hijaks you or you become otherwise unable to post for an extended number of days, please let us know in the OOC chat or PM me. That way the group knows what's going on with you, we can park you somewhere until you get back, and the story can move along smoothly. More importantly, you don't get badgered about where you are and you can do whatever it is you have to do in peace.
    7. I will start this RP when we have 4-6 people, but it will remain open. If you're new and you wish to join, please introduce yourself and submit a character card. You must also provide a generous sample of your own roleplaying along with your character card. This can be something you've written before or something new. Whichever gives you less of a migraine. This includes everyone from the old story in the interest of fairness. Also, please note which color you want your dialogue to be. Colors are first come first served. NPC's will be standard gray unless Sheogorath deems otherwise.
    8. You may have one or two characters in this RP and any NPC's you feel would add to the story. However, please take note of who is doubling up on characters before doing so yourself and be mindful of how it would affect the group. A 20 man party over 10 members is a bit unwieldy. If you need to drop a character because two is too hard to manage, that's fine. Just let us know.
    9. Have fun! This is the most important rule. If you have any questions about anything, please speak up.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    He sat in his shadowy corner of The Drunken Deathclaw, the most popular dive bar in New Frisco. It was deep in the shantys below the bridge where the less fortunate were, but also where the NCR had fewer eyes. It was dangerous down here. Thugs, gangs, junkies so chemmed out of their skull that they attacked anyone they saw or lay slumped against ramshackle buildings like the corpses that were as common as rats. Any of these things could get you under The Bridge. Of course The Bridge wasn't exactly Shady Sands but it had power, water and open sky, things the slums didn't have at all or only in short supply. But The Hole, as the NCR affectionately called it down here, had other opportunities.

He was offering one such opportunity. He had watched his prospective team members for weeks now. Studying them, recording them, seeing how they work and play, how they solve problems and with some, how they kill. It was all important for the job he was offering them. They were coming to The Drunken Deathclaw because it was one of the few truly safe places in The Hole. The gangs recognized it as neutral ground, and the guards and walls lined with broken glass kept the thugs and junkies out. He had been waiting for hours but he was patient. They would all show up in time.

Skyrimosity

Carsten Richter walked through some of the more dangerous streets of New Frisco, completing a few different tasks from clients. New Frisco was a nice enough place and every now and then Carsten would spend about a month in the city before returning to his normal life. Carsten knew he would have to go to The Hole to complete his last task, killing a particularly rowdy gang member.

The Hole was a place many people did not like to be. Gangs basically roamed the streets and the NCR were almost without authority due to a lack of troops. Chemmed-up freaks were about everywhere and there was definitely at least one in the torn up house Carsten was walking by now. He always kept one hand on his machete in case any ruffians tried to start something, but that didn't happen often considering how tall and muscular he was. Not many people were that stupid, at least.

Carsten saw a gang of 4 people, using jet and looking obviously high. He took out the photo of the man he was supposed to kill and looked for him in the group. Sure enough, there he was. A smile became apparent on Carsten's face. He walked up to the people who were immediately a bit hostile.

"Hey, what's this guy want? Trying to steal our supply I bet! Back off!"

Carsten smiled "Well, you see, I came here with a message for your friend here" and pointed at his target.

His target looked intrigued "Oh, so your some sort of courier then? Well hand me the message!"

Carsten held the photo in front of the man's face before he quickly drew out his machete and stabbed him in the throat. The other 3 drew their weapons as fast as they could and Carsten was happy for the resistance. A good fight was what he needed. Two of them had guns and one of them had a baseball bat.

As the guns opened fire, Carsten used the baseball bat wielding chem abuser as a human shield and stabbed his machete all the way through, piercing through the other side. He then charged a gang member and stabbed him with the machete, making him fall to the ground. A quick slice across the throat and he was dead.

Relishing in the quick deaths of two of them, he forgot about the third. When he felt a bullet enter his left arm, he turned sharply to face the other man. A look of dread formed in his eyes "Didn't that hurt you? What are you?"

Carsten replied "I am a man you made angry now." Those were his quick words, as he put all his force into a blow from his machete. He sliced like butter through the man's entire arm, the limb falling to the ground as blood gushed profusely from the severed arm as well as the stub left connected to his shoulder. The man screamed in pain and tried to run away, struggling to concentrate on running through the pain.

Carsten grabbed his throwing spear from his back and threw it with all his might at the fleeing man. The well-aimed throw penetrated the man in the back of his neck and he slumped to the ground dead. Carsten quickly retrieved his spear and then applied some bandaging to the wound on his arm. Getting shot was nothing new to him, and when his adrenaline was pumping it was like a bee sting. Still it would hurt a bit now that the fighting was over so Carsten decided to get a couple of drinks. The nearest place was The Drunken Deathclaw so Carsten got there quickly.

The Drunken Deathclaw was a good enough place, adequate for getting a good drink. Or, at least, a slightly better drink than no drink at all. It was a safe haven though and the best place to drink away pain.

Arriving and examining what he could see, Carsten took a seat near the door and ordered the strongest liquor they had.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Christopher trekked cautiously along the dirt pathway which snaked its way through derelict shanties; homes and buildings scrounged together from scrap metal and twine. The Hole was about as ugly as it could get, some of the Wasteland's worst all thrown together in the same cesspool. Killers, rapists, chem fiends, the sort of people you couldn't seem to get away from.

The streets were mostly empty, aside from a few beggars and vagrants strewn about the streets. Some of them looked like they were ready to die, their faces withered and pale and their limbs so gangly and skinny they resembled little more then bone and skin. One of them watched Chris as he walked by, he could feel the man's starving eyes upon him, pleading for a cap, anything. Chris kept on walking.

Normally Chris wouldn't be down here, but a fight had broken out in the bar topside and the NCR closed off the place. And tonight, he had been feeling particularly thirsty. He grumbled to himself as he happened upon the remains of a groups of junkies, fresh by the looks of it. Packs of vagrants emerged from the shadows, descending on the bodies like buzzards. Chris watched for a moment as two of them began to fight over who got to keep the dead man's boots. After a moment, he shook his head and kept on walking; the bar was just ahead.

He stepped inside to find it unsurprisingly filled with the Hole's usual suspects. Shady characters clung to the shadows, addicts pumped themselves full of Med-X freely, and the air was hazy with smoke. He pressed through the crowd, seating himself at the counter where he was greeted by an old bartender. "What'll it be?" He croaked, leaning on the counter; his face a mess of wrinkles and pockmarks. "What ever makes me forget where I am." Chris quipped drearily as he glanced around.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    OOC: Took out Elizabeth's part in an edit.

Daryl woke up, feeling like he'd slept a century. He lay there in bed for 5 minutes, just waking up when he heard gunshots in the near distance. He immediately jumped up and looked around. From the makeshift bedroll he was sleeping on he could see the 'what used to be a caravan's exit in the wall of the vehicle to the left, and a small table with some shotgun shells to the left. Daryl didn't have a shotgun, nor favored using them so they were useless. Daryl reached for his crossbow to the left, stood up and put it on his back. It was on so it stayed there, but if Daryl reached for it it could be removed in an instant. He opened the small duffle bag Daryl had found in the caravan and pulled out his .45 auto pistol he carried around, he grabbed his pistol holster and strapped it to his waist, putting the weapon into its holster.

Daryl wasn't used to fighting with other wastelanders or fiends, he hunted what he could and lived mostly off the wasteland. He had fought a few fiends but limited to a crossbow and pistol it had only been 3.

Daryl ran out of the caravan, leaving behind what little food he had, and ran towards the shooting. As Daryl neared over the dirt hill he saw what was going on, there was someone sniping up in a ruined building, three stories high. The people being shot at were just scavengers, from where Daryl was standing (behind the old town) the tower was in the far distance, the people being shot at were closer.

Daryl ran down the hill, it had been a bigger climb up the side Daryl came from than the side he was on now. He reached an old general store, looted and empty. He heard a bullet, then heard a scream in a building in front of the general store and to the right. Daryl ran past the windows and out the door, the other building gave cover to the door because of where the shooter was. When Daryl ran in there was a woman kneeling besides a man, the woman looked early twenties the man early 50's.

She stood up and drew her pistol, as Daryl saw her reach for the pistol he drew his crossbow. The two aimed their weapons at each other for a few moments before the woman broke the silence "Why are you doing this?" She asked, in an angry tone. "Doing what?" He asked confused. "Ugh, my father is going to die! You shot him in the arm. You're lucky I don't kill you! Just get away from me you asshole!" She said, lowering her weapon. After she lowered her weapon Daryl lowered his, "huh?" He said in confusion, "I ain't the asshole you're worried about" he said. "Who are you then?" She asked, "I'm a different one" he answered. "And if anyone does shoot you or someone you love, you shoot em right back!" He exclaimed.

"Can you go get me a bandage from somewhere? I can't leave my father." She said as she kneeled down beside him again. The old man was coughing and sputtering, blood seeping from his right arm. "Do I look like your bitch?" Daryl said as he looked down at her. "Not in that outfit you don't" she said, eyes wandering to his dirty outfit. "What?" he barked before the words sunk in, "Oh hell naw" he said, he turned to walk out of the building. The woman shot up from her kneeling position and ran over and put her hand on Daryls shoulder, he spun around. "I'm kidding! Just please help my father?" She asked, trying to pull an innocent voice. "I'll see what I can do." He said. "Hey.." She said gently, "why are you here?" She asked. "Thought my brother was down here." He said, she pulled a face of shock. "I didn't see anyone come down here, if he's here.. Are you sure he's alive!?" She asked in a frantic voice, "yeah, I got my suspicions" Daryl muttered, walking out the door.

Daryl edged around the buildings till he was at the base of the three story building, a shot rang and a car alarm went off, another shot and it exploded. Daryl snuck in, there was no one there. He creeped around the building, slowly making his way up the stairs. There was a door blocking Daryl from going up the stairs, locked. But that's all it was, locked, Daryl barged through it with his shoulder. He used his hands to stop him going face first into the wall he ran into, he turned to the left and snuck up the stairs, pulling out his crossbow.

This was an old police station, and Daryl had passed a few cells on the first floor. The passage to the roof of the station was littered with Ghoul bodies, and Daryl shook his head as a smirk played on his lips. He pushed at the door, unsurprised when it would not open. He cursed under his breath, and bit down on the inside of his cheek in irritation when the familiar voice sounded from the other side of the door.

"Oh, no!" sang Merle. "Sneaking up, are we? No, no, no. You're never gonna take me back there!"

What the hell? thought Daryl as a bullet grazed the left side of the door. "C'mon, Merle!" he shouted through the frame. "It's me!" Silence. "Merle!"

The shooting ceased for a short moment. "What's lower than impersonating a man's long-lost baby brother?! You're just trying to gain false entry! That's what you're doing!"

"Dammit, Merle! I'm just going to leave you here!" An empty threat, knew Daryl. But it appeared to have worked.

A laugh rumbled. "Keep your pants on, sweetheart. I locked this place down pretty good…"

The door to the roof opened and two strong hands clapped Daryl on his shoulders and dragged him onto the ground. Merle locked the door behind them, coming to stand beside his brother as the two looked each other over. "Them people?" began Merle, jabbing a finger at the door, "They locked me up for days in the dark with all them abominations!" He grunted, moving back toward his rifle. "But look'ee who's just a little bit too smart for them!"

Daryl shook his head, a string of curses and swears flitting through his mind. "Bro," he said, taking in Merle's red raw skin. "You're stir-fried from the sun and booze. And what ever you been into."

Merle shrugged his shoulders, wiping his knuckles across his forehead. A line of sweat trickled down his neck. "I do feel a little warm, now that you mention it." He gestured to his hands, noting the red marks cut into his wrists. "I sprang myself, see? Established my little sniper's nest right here." He pointed to the clutter of guns and the blue and white deck chair. "And then I commenced sending those soldiers packing!"

"Man, those aren't soldiers down there!" bit Daryl, "just some scavengers trying to get by. They don't even know who you are!"

"They're in uniform, ain't they? And they came to take me back to the hole!" Merle spat on the floor. "And I'm not going anywhere but the city, and that's where you're gonna take me! C'mon!"

And with that, Merle stumbled to the floor.

Daryl wrapped his arm around his brother, feeling the heat of Merle's skin against his own. How long had the idiot been out here for? Since Merle and Daryl got split apart in the sandstorm? "Let's go, you ape," muttered Daryl, struggling to hold his brother upright. "Guess I gotta lug your thick ass back across town, huh?" He shook his head, pulling Merle to his feet. "Man, you must be running over a hundred and six…"

"My chair!"

Daryl closed his eyes and shook his head once more, leading his brother back to the door. "Yeah," he said, and he ran a tired hand over his jaw. "It'll be here when you come back."

Daryl managed to find a box of bandages in the general store he was in earlier, he walked in with his brother to give them to the woman. Before Daryl walked in he put his finger to his lips "Shh". Daryl chucked the box of medical supplies, it was mostly bandages , one radaway and a bottle of water. "Thanks" she said, "so that's your brother?" She said looking at the man who was leaning on the door frame. "Yeah.." Muttered Daryl, "Your sniper was a lone fiend too, Merle took his sniper. Don't get the wrong idea." Daryl lied. "That's right sugar tits, wasn't me." Merle said, smirking. "Is he..?" She began, "drunk? High? Yeah he is." Daryl said. The girl had already took the bullet out of her father and applied pressure to the wound, and after she bandaged her father up she stood and outstretched her hand to Daryl "names Lucy" she said. As Daryl took her hand he said "Daryl, Daryl Dixon." After they shook hands he jabbed his thumb towards his brother, "and that's Merle."

"Are you fl*ffin my brother, Miss Lucy?" Merle asked. She sighed, "No, we just met" she answered. Daryl shot his brother a look before saying "See ya" and walked out. "Hey hillbilly!" She called out. "What?" He asked, seemingly annoyed. She chucked him a red bandana, he nodded and handed her a machete. Daryl had gotten the machete off Merle just then but it had been Daryls. "Aw how sweet." Merle joked. "Shut up." Lucy and Daryl said simultaneously.

"No prezzie for Merle?" He asked. She chucked him a light bulb she found on the floor. "Thanks blondie, I'll name it Steve." Merle walked out, "c'mon Steve!" Could be heard moments after. Daryl nodded, "bye." And walked out. "Maybe we'll cross paths again." She said, before saying her final goodbye.

Daryl and Merle trekked through the wasteland, the hot sun beaming down on them, Merle was sweating uncontrollably. "We should head over to that cave," Merle panted. Daryl and Merle headed out to the cave, it had no other passages or caverns, just a big chuck carved out of the cliff face that made this cave. Daryl set up a fire by nightfall, and the pair ate what they had managed to scavenge along the way.

"Calm your pants Darlina we're nearly there." Merle said to his brother Daryl, "Why the hell'd you wanna come to San Fransico anyway?" Asked a dehydrated Daryl. "Hey it ain't that bad! Ah, there we are. Look at that bridge man. We're goin under." "You've got to be kidding..." muttered Daryl. When they made it down to the slums, Daryl observed his surroundings. It smelt like piss, looked like crap and had all sorts of degenerates. "Merle." Daryl called out ahead, "Hey Merle slow down." Daryl followed Merle into a bar, and went and ordered some alcohol. Merle stood around the entrance, talking up some people. As Daryl was finishing his beer he heard some yelling behind him, someone was yelling at Merle. Daryl walked over, empty beer glass still in hand.

"Now now boys, no need to fight over some money now." Merle said, trying to sound innocent. "We payed you in advance, wheres our drugs!" A rough looking man said, Merle had clearly pissed off a gang. "Cmon Merle just give em the drugs." Daryl said to his brother. "I ain't given' up my stash." hissed Merle back at his brother. "Listen to the bitch." Another man said. "Hell you call me!?" yelled Daryl, Merle took the moment of the three men's attention on Daryl knock the middle one flat. Merle then got into a brawl with the one that was on the left, the other one went to grab Merle from behind before Daryl smashed his glass on the mans head. While Merle took the other man to the floor the guy Merle knocked flat had gotten up and grabbed Daryl's left arm, the man Daryl smashed the glass over grabbed his right arm. Daryl was seemingly helpless, Merle too busy to help him.

Daryl threw what was left of the beer glass into the air with a flick of his wrist, while their gaze quickly flashed upon it he freed his right arm and slammed the mans head into the other man. The glass that was in the air hit his face. Both men fell down, and Daryl proceeded to punch the one that didn't just have his face smashed. Merle finished off the other guy, and Daryl hopped off the man he was beating. "Dammit Merle, one day I ain't gonna be here to help you." Daryl said to his brother as they headed to a table close to the entrance. "I know little brother, I know." They sat down at the table, and tried to keep a low profile from there on out.

Last edited:

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Jessica walked towards The Drunken Deathclaw warily. This was one of the safer parts of The Hole. It had adequate lighting, a guarded entrance and a large concrete wall around the perimeter that was studded with enough broken glass and beer bottles to discourage anyone from climbing over. The gangs recognized this place as neutral territory because no matter what the dispute or feud everybody needed a drink now and again. Plus the food was good, most of it being prepared and properly stored with Followers tech. Jessica was situated at the Followers base here but she missed Hidden Valley. She missed the safety of the bunker, the endless gadgets and junk she got to pick through as a Brotherhood Scribe, the presence of safety the Knights and Paladins provided, the way people bathed regularly and did their laundry. This world was so much bigger than she thought possible and it scared her. It excited her too. She wanted to learn, to discover, to be more than the little Scribe girl she had always been.

Plus, since when did a scribe get to wear recon armor and carry a laser rifle and plasma defender? Jessica enjoyed the tight fitting bodysuit. It was comfortable, practical and she thought it was cute. It protected her well thanks to the extensive network of ports, plugs and plates all over it and was a nice change from Scribe's robes. Normally she wore her street clothes of T-shirt, jeans, black knee high boots and usually long underwear when she was at the outpost, along with her Followers lab coat. The Hole was dangerous no matter where you went though, so it was better to be prepared. She entered the Drunken Deathclaw and took off her gloves and lowered her hood, exposing her shoulder length red hair. Lack of sunlight made it cold down here in The Hole and Jessica was always taught to wear your armor properly for maximum protection, despite comfort. Right now she was safe and could be comfortable. She saw two handsome young men at a table close to the entrance and decided to ask to sit with them. She then realized the larger and possibly older one had some nasty bruises and cuts. Like he'd recently been in a fight.

"Hi there! Would it be okay if I sat with...oh my goodness, what happened to you!? You look like you just had an argument with a Yao Guai! Here, let me bandage you up. I'm a Follower of the Apocalypse."

She got the first aid kit out of her pack and started digging around for some alcohol and gauze pads, as well as some stimpaks and Med-X if things were worse than she thought. The last thing she planned on doing was what she did most of the day while out trying to have some fun, but as she'd learned, the work of a Follower of the Apocalypse is never done.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Daryl and Merle sat quietly, until a young woman with shoulder length red hair approached them. "Hi there! Would it be okay if I sat with...oh my goodness, what happened to you!? You look like you just had an argument with a Yao Guai! Here, let me bandage you up. I'm a Follower of the Apocalypse." She got a first aid kit out and some medical supplies, Merle looked to Daryl grinning. It wasn't always a young beautiful woman would come out and tend to your wounds, Merle was happy. "Hey there sweetheart." Merle said, "Some gang members were tryna rough me up for some pharmaceuticals, if ya know what I mean." Daryl was surprised he didn't make up some story, rather than telling most of the truth. "My brother here helped me fend em off, they woulda killed me otherwise." Daryl looked at Merle, then stood up. "I'll see you round' Merle." "Hey where you going?" Merle asked, "Got some glass in my knuckles man." Merle nodded and Daryl left. "So what brings a gorgeous girl like you to a slum like this?" Merle asked, he normally spoke like this. Daryl found a sink, and washed his hands in their equivalent to a bathroom. Small amounts of blood started coming out where tiny bits of glass were, he managed to get them all out without a fuss. He wasn't sure how this had happened, but didn't think on it. He splashed water on his face clearing some dirt. He thought he would wait a little longer to give Merle and the girl some privacy, he returned about 2 minutes later. He is not patient.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Jessica looked over the older of the two men. He had several small cuts on his face and a nasty bump on his head. It looked like whomever had attacked him clubbed him with bottle and it either cracked or broke on his head. Several purple bruises were beginning to form on his face and his bump would be swollen for the next couple of days. His head was also bleeding from a bit of glass in it and she could feel several bruises along his chest and ribs. He winced as Jessica examined his wounds but otherwise he seemed perfectly lucid, almost proud of his beating. Either he had sampled whatever "pharmaceuticals" he had on him or he was extremely tough. He looked like the mercenary type and by the way he was sitting this wasn't his first fight. Really he didn't seem to think it was that big a deal at all. Jessica was amazed as she would have a very different reaction if she was this badly beaten.

She cleaned his wounds and picked out the glass in his face as gently as possibe, he only ever giving small winces. Soon a small pile of glass bits was on a laid out napkin. Jessica then examined the wound in his head.

"A piece of glass cut itself deep into your head. You've also got a lot of bruises and I'm concerned about your ribs. I'm going to give you a dose of Med-X to help with the pain and a stimpak should fix your cut and bruises but first I need to know any other drugs you've been taking. Are you currently under the influence of anything I should know about? Alcohol, buffout, jet?"

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    Vex and Kenzi were off duty, and in need of a strong drink. Everybody at the camp was surprised at how well Kenzi held her drink. Vex, like always, chuckled at their astonished faces. They just got done doing a sweep around the bridge, and were fixing on going to the drunken Deathclaw. The only safe way for NCR soldiers to sweep the bridge was to go in their civilian clothes. Vex and Kenzi drew their names out of a helmet a couple hours ago, and therefore, were stuck with the route. Kenzi didn't wear her overcoat seeing how it was hot as hell, and it had NCR patches on them. She opted for a white tank with black jeans with her boots. Vex had blue jeans on, along with a dark green T-shirt. He also had his boots on. Theirs were black and steel-toed. The hole; a place where degenerates and lowlifes go to waste away. Almost like the garbage that resides with them. When you looked over the bridge, all you could see where skinny faces, dirtied hair, and, if you were lucky, a dead body. For some reason, the gangs viewed the bar as a neutral ground.

The two of them were walking down some stairs to get to the road that was under the bridge. "You would think we would put more feet on the ground. Look at this place. I feel like I need a shower already." Kenzi was looking at the "houses" that were a mile away from them. "Who says there isn't? Maybe their in their street clothes like us. It's safer that way. You remember what happened to Daniels", Vex said as Kenzi eyes drifted to the left as she was remember what exactly happened to Daniels. "Man, I'll never forget. He was cut and sliced up like a piece of ham. Poor kid, lucky to survive though. First week out of training. His squad was taking him to this bar to celebrate. Junkies got what they deserved, thanks to his squad. If they weren't there, and he was alone, he would have died." Kenzi began to fix her holster to try to find a comfortable spot on her hip. "Yeah, thank god. I heard he died on the table, and was pronounced dead for 2 minutes. Hopefully he'll be back to top shape." They both nodded and speed walked down the rest of the stairs. Once they got down and started walking, you could hear the snickering among the lowlifes. Kenzi always drew attention down there, and she just laughs, and blows it off. If any of them tried anything, Vex wouldn't think twice about throwing them to the ground. That is, if Kenzi didn't do that herself. They were almost to the bar when they spotted a couple of dead bodies, and hacked off limbs. Not a surprising sight, especially down in the hole. They finally arrived at the Drunken Deathclaw. Once they walked in, they were greeted with a follower tending to an middle aged man with scars and bruises, a tall, sturdy man with a machete on his hip, and a few glares from the rest of the people. Kenzi picked a table while Vex ordered two beers. He then walked towards the table, sat down, leaned back in his chair. Kenzi propped her feet up on his lap. "Looks like that might be the guy who hacked up those jetters," Kenzi whispered to Vex as he was drinking. "maybe, maybe not. Little late now. Let's not worry about it. There are no innocents down here. Well, mostly no innocents. Exclude us and the follower." They both laughed and began to relax.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    "A piece of glass cut itself deep into your head. You've also got a lot of bruises and I'm concerned about your ribs. I'm going to give you a dose of Med-X to help with the pain and a stimpak should fix your cut and bruises but first I need to know any other drugs you've been taking. Are you currently under the influence of anything I should know about? Alcohol, buffout, jet?" The girl asked, Merle laughed. "Nah nah, not yet. I think had a drink or two not too long ago, hardly enough to get me drunk." Merle, being the talkative person he is, decided to make conversation. "Hey what's your name? Im Merle." Normal people would give the lady time to answer his original question, but he wasn't like that. "Ya know I've been in much worse shape. Got dishonourably discharged from the NCR for knocking in the teeth of my commanding officer. Yeah that crazy son-of-a-bitch didn't yell in my face again, oh yeah, not once." Merle knew she would likely not be happy with this, she's patching up a criminal, he was just really proud of it. "Yeah he didn't see that comin'. I dunno if they're after me, the crazy sons bitches wanted me to pay a fine. For what? Punching some old prick in the face." Merle then paused as he noticed Daryl was returning to the table. "So, what was your name?" Merle asked.

Daryl sat down, Merle had likely talked the girl to near death. He just sat and excluded himself, not wanting to interfere. He wasn't too interesting in speaking with her either, he didn't see the point. If they got along, which was doubtful, they were to part ways soon anyway.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Jessica was taken aback by how Merle bragged to her about being booted out of the NCR military for striking a superior officer. Back in the Brotherhood at least that was nothing to be proud of. Men had been executed for it in extreme cases so why was this guy so proud? Maybe he just thought it was funny to see her patching up what he considered nothing more than boo boos. He certainly was sure of himself.

"Um, well...my name is Jessica. It's nice to meet you Merle. A few drinks shouldn't cause any problems so let's get started." She said, getting an alcohol swab ready. She wasn't used to such crass men, not even here. "Hold out your arm nice and straight for me okay? You arm's going to burn a bit from the alcohol I just swabbed it with and you're going to feel a pinprick when I inject the Med-X into your vein. Very good and...here we go."

She administered the Med-X into the sterilized spot of Merle's arm with practiced precision. His slightly dilated pupils told her the Med-X had hit the bloodstream and was in his system. She then followed up with the stimpak, watching as the healing serum burned through his body, the cut on his head scabbed over and his bruises receded. Jessica knew from experience how painful stimpaks could be, considering spontaneous healing was not a gentle process. So she always gave the Med-X first to mitigate the pain. People got into plenty of fights down here so she'd had a lot of practice over the last week.

"Okay...all done." She said, smiling at Merle.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    The girl was as gentle as she could be as she fixed him up, Merle personally didn't think it was as bad as it was but he liked company. "Okay...all done." She said, smiling at Merle. Merle took his arm back to a resting position on his knees, "Thank you sweetheart. Now Daryl, why don't you introduce yourself?" Daryl nodded and said, "Daryl." He was going to leave it at that, but she was remarkably young.

"Hey how old are you, you sure you're alright out alone?" Daryl asked.

"Daaarrryylll," Merle began, "You can't just ask a lady for her age." Merle smiled, he loved calling his brother out. "But now that he mentions it ya do look a little young.." Merle changed the tone in his voice from playful to serious, so he didn't come off flirty or perverted. "If ya ever need any help you let me know alright, we'll look after ya." Merle knew Jessica probably thought this was odd, but the wasteland was a very dangerous place. He continued, "A pretty girl like you's gotta look out. Dangerous men will try to take advantage of ya, I'm a dangerous man but you can trust me." Daryl almost laughed, then he did. "Hell you chucklin' at boy?" He snapped.

"You can't be trusted for pl*ps." Daryl said, clearly finding what Merle had said quite humerous. Merle ignored the comment and looked back to Jessica. "I may be bad but I'm not that bad, I'll grow on ya." Merle said. Merle didn't think of it but Daryl thought this girl probably thought they were creepy and strange men, which only made Daryl have to hold back another chuckle.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Jessica was getting nervous around these guys. In the week she'd been here most wastelanders who'd complimented or sweet talked her wanted something, usually her caps or her body. Most she could scare away with her plasma defender or another person she traveled with but she was alone tonight. Then again they would have moved on her by now if their intentions were ill, and it didn't sound like they were. Merle was obviously grateful for Jessica's ministrations and offered to protect her. He also said that she could trust him and Daryl thought this was funny but Merle assured Jessica that he was a nice guy.

Hmm...they seem friendly enough, and they're probably brothers by their similar dress and the way the play off each other. Plus we're in a pretty safe place with plenty of big guards watching out for me. Sure, what the hell?

"You're quite welcome Merle. Get a good night's sleep tonight and you'll be good as new in the morning. It's nice to meet you both by the way." She said with a genuine smile, deciding she could trust them. "My name's Jessica and I'm seventeen. I don't mind you asking Daryl, I'm not a lady quite yet. I'm the youngest Follower in The Hole actually, not sure if that's an accomplishment. And you don't have to worry about me Merle. I can use my pistol. My...family made sure of that. Some of them live around here and they keep an eye on me when they can. Would you guys like a drink by the way?"

Wolfbane

Vex turned to the sound of a familiar voice, and the sound of the young follower's voice. "Kenz, don't look too fast, but I think I know that voice," Vex took a drink of his beer while pointing in the direction of the voice with his eyes. Kenzi then causally glanced in the direction. "You've got to be kidding me! Why is that when we come here, he's here as well." She then rolled her eyes in disgust. "He was discharged for striking a superior officer. I know the officer, he's a good guy. Sure he can be a stickler, but that is so we can push ourselves," Vex acted as if he was looking at Kenzi, but he was actually looking at the familiar face. "Hey, I like striking a superior asshole as the next guy, but I still don't like him. He always creeps on me. Making really disgusting remarks and passing's every time he sees me. I always want to shoot him in the leg. Let's hope that he won't recognize us." She then took a swig of her beer. "Here's hoping. let's just change the topic. Or at least talk in a more shushed tone. Men like him shouldn't be allowed to join the NCR. If you can't follow rules, then don't join the service. Let's just try to ignore him. If the follower walks over here, that would be a different story. Luckily this bar is a neutral meeting ground. I really don't feel like fighting unless I have to." They both did a quiet cheers. " I hear that. But seriously, why Merle?" She took the last sip of her drink, then played with the bottle. "How's your kill count doing Joe? Has it gotten any bigger?" Vex leaned forward in his chair to hide his face. "I'd have to check my rife stock, but I know it's high. How about yours?" Kenzi tapped her arm and had a look of accomplishment. "I racked up a few more. I had tower duty, and a couple of raiders thought it would be smart to try to pull a move on HQ. I picked up the scouts. I hit one in the leg, and used it as bait to lure the other ones. Normally I wouldn't do that, but with raiders and, oh lets say, Caesar's Legion. It was like shooting fish in a barrel." "Yeah, hopped up, junkie fish that can walk and swear at you." They quietly laughed at the thought.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Jessica almost agreed to Merle's proposal, much to Daryl's surprise. "Wait a minute, where the hell am I gonna go then?" Daryl asked, getting the notion that Merle might guarding the girl. "You're still staying with me, we're just gonna be helpin' good ole Jessie here." Merle said, "so keep ya panties on now." Jessica told the pair her age and tried to assure Merle that he didn't need to worry about her, then offered them a drink. "Don't mind if I do now that you mention it." Merle said, "but I'll pay for me-self." This notion made Daryl give a slight look of surprise and curiosity, something was up with Merle. Either he was going to try something really rash or he actually did take a liking to the girl. Merle was a little unpredictable sometimes. "Alright I get the point," Merle said to Jessica "if you don't want me protecting ya I'll leave you on your way. But you be careful, I know how people like me think and it ain't pretty. That gun won't be helpin' ya once it's taken or out of ammo, if you're ever in trouble with nothing to defend yourself with aim for the throat. A good blow there will give you enough time to run or grab something to defend yourself with." Merle had a stern look on his face, while Daryl wondered why she had said 'my family' the way she did. It seemed odd, but he then assumed she meant The Followers. Daryl got up and walked with Merle over to the bar, but on his way something caught his eye. "Is that.." Merle began as he approached, "Blondie! Oh pl*ps, damn. Ya lookin... Gooooodd." He said, with a smirk on his face. "Oh this asshole, how you doin' man? Nice to see ya Vex!" Merle continued to say. Daryl looked confusingly at the pair, he didn't recognise them. Merle gave Daryl a nudge, "I know these two from the NCR." He was still smirking. That's when it hit Daryl, "Oh Merle, I don't think now's the best time be annoying-" Daryl was in the middle of saying, until Merle spoke over the top of him. "Hell you two doin' over here? And how's the prick who thought he was in charge of me, he even alive anymore?"

Wolfbane

"Oh god, oh god, he's seen us. Frack, act normal." Vex elbowed Kenzi while she quietly laughed. "Blondie! Oh pl*ps, damn. Ya lookin... Gooooodd." Kenzi stomped on Vex's foot. "Merle. Charming as ever. I saw the fight. I hope it didn't ruin that face of yours." Kenzi has been hassled by Merle before. She was tasked to train the recruit group in basic shooting, drills, safety, the whole works. Some of them already knew how to shoot a gun, others didn't. "Oh this asshole, how you doin' man? Nice to see ya Vex!" Vex then added his two cents in. "Nice to see you too Merle. How's life? After washing out?" Merle nudged his brother, then spoke over him."Hell you two doin' over here? And how's the price who thought he was in charge of me, he even alive anymore?" "Oh he's doing fine. He still laughs and says 'It's about time a recruit stuck up for himself!' he took in jest. He is alive, and promoted." Kenzi took her turn to speak while Vex was twisting an NCR coin in between his fingers "We're here for some down time. We just got done from patrol. Well, he did. I just got done from tower duty. What are you two doing here? And what was that fight about? You had that pretty little follower patch you right up." She then pulled out her knife while carving away at the table. Something she does to pass the time, or when she's bored. "Junkies w"What are you doing here? Aside from causing a fight on neutral ground. I would hate to see what would happen if that pissed off a few junkies." "Junkies with pipes or sharpened re-bars."

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Jessica timidly walked over to where Daryl, Merle and what must be two NCR troopers were sitting and getting rather tense. Obviously they knew each other and they weren't exactly friendly. Merle didn't seem like a very sympathetic person and he seemed to enjoy making other people mad for his own amusement. Worried that a fight might break out, she decided to go over and break the ice. Jessica hoped her street clothes and lab coat would ward off any potential trouble.

"Uh...um...hi there." She said to a female trooper carving into her table with a knife. "Would um...w-would it be okay if I sat with you? I'm Jessica. I-I'm a Follower over from the outpost across the street? I just fixed up Merle here after some thugs tried to take some medicine from him and his brother. Uh...looks like you all know each other."

Jessica gave a nervous smile and knew that they could probably all smell that nervousness and fear coming off of her. If a fight broke out, she'd be right in the middle of it. If any of these folks knew she was Brotherhood, then she'd definitely be in the middle of it. Relations between the NCR and the Mojave Chapter of the Brotherhood of Steel were pretty good, but there was plenty of mistrust between the troops here and the New Frisco Chapter five miles outside The Bridge. Putting her hand on her gun would look like a challenge so she just left her hands at her sides and hoped for the best.

(OOC: I said in an earlier post that Jess was in her recon armor but she's actually in the street clothes I outlined in her CC with her lab coat on in place of her leather coat.)

Wolfbane

"Uh...um...hi there.Would um...w-would it be okay if I sat with you? I'm Jessica. I-I'm a Follower over from the outpost across the street? I just fixed up Merle here after some thugs tried to take some medicine from him and his brother. Uh...looks like you all know each other." Kenzi stuck the knife in the table and looked up at the girl. "Hi Jessica, I'm Kenzi, and that is Vex." She stuck out her hand to shake the girl's hand while she pointed at Vex with her right thumb. Vex smiled and nodded. "Sure you can sit with us. Do you want a drink? It's on Vex if you do!" Kenzi smiled while Vex rolled his eyes. "Oh don't mind him. He's not exactly a people person. He's actually a nice guy. That's why he'll pay. Right Vex?" Vex sighed and nodded "Yeah, you win this time Kenz." "Love ya!" Kenzi playfully punched his shoulder. "Yeah, yeah" She then messed her hair up, and turned to Jessica. "So, what brings a sweet girl like you to a degenerate place like this? I would assume it's because of the followers, but you what people say about assumption." Kenzi was normally as quite as Vex, or even sarcastic/witty when people address her. It's her way to get them to leave. But this girl approached them to sit down, and potentially defuse a situation. Not to mention this girl was obviously nervous.

Vex leaned back in his chair and nodded to Merle. "Don't let us keep you Merle. Do you want to join us? You would run the risk of getting shot or stabbed by Kenzi if you do."

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    "Ah he's movin' up in the world I see, glad he finally grew a sense of humour." Merle said as Jessica approached them nervously. "My military training made being a bodyguard one the easiest jobs I could find, yeah, guarding some rich bastard was fun enough. 500 caps a week, until I got caught with his daughter. Yah those were good times. Caught up with my little brother Daryl here, been doin' our own thing ever since." Jessica spoke with the blonde girl, she was very nervous. Merle almost made a comment about them all knowing each other, but didn't. Vex appeared to try and get Merle to leave, but Merle just smiled and sat next to Vex. "She always did like to get rough." He said, grin from ear to ear. Daryl just stood there, feeling invisible. He stood there a few moments wondering what to do, he had absolutely no place here. Without saying anything he just turned and walked away, not knowing how long he would be gone.

Wolfbane

"You better watch what you say. Or I'll shoot you myself." Vex changed from somewhat friendly to downright serious. He never liked Merle, but he was at least friendly enough to where we would leave. Now, he wasn't afraid of shooting him. Especially saying something like that about Kenzi. He had has gun out, hidden under the table. "Why don't you follow your friend? Seems like the best idea. I'd rather not waste a bullet on you and ruin the bar.Kenzi won't mind however. I respect the neutral standing, but I won't hesitate to put on the long black train. You religious? If so, then you know what I'm talking about. I'd suggest going before I lose my patience." Vex still had his 45. out, and aimed at Merle's leg. If Merle tried to jump the table, he would receive a bullet to the knee. Vex didn't really want to waste the ammo. It was already hard enough to come by, especially if you didn't know how to make it. Luckily he did. The wastes often brings out the worst in people. Or gives bad people excuses to do what they have always wanted to know in a civilized world.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts