Xbox 360 Treasure map chests not appearing?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Laxin

After finding the treasure maps and going to where the chest should be, there is nothing there. ive checked videos and im not missing it - it simply isnt there.

help please!!!!

Onyx

I have noticed this as well!

Before you had to actually find the map before the chest would spawn. Once I got the map I would always open, then head to location.

Yesterday however (after patch) I got the map but did not open it and went straight to location and no map. Not sure if it is bugged, but if you have to look at map first and then load to a different area so the chest can spawn. Will check this evening

SeaDog

Having the same problem with Treasure Map IV (from Redoran's Retreat quest chest). Go to spot, (even with YouTube assistance to make sure) and there's no chest.

Hopefully this will be patch-fixed, but it's not a game killer for me. I still love it.

Is this restricted to consoles only? I'm on XBOX. Anyone? I would assume that PC users can "console respawn" the chest if needed.

Buzzfire

My brother claims to have stumble on the treasure. He found two maps and figured where it was. I'll try to find more details to it's where abouts.

PODON

I'm almost positive that the missing treasure chests is a bug caused by the 1.2 patch. I've e-mailed Bethesda support, but so far not response. I easily found treasure chest #1 when I played the game originally, but then I started a new game with the 1.2 patch, and no treasure chest where it was supposed to be. I've read of other spawning problems with the 1.2 patch. I hope they fix this soon; a typical "patch" that breaks more than it fixes. I won't be playing the game until they do something about this.

Stone

Retired Moderator
Moved to help section.

Naitau

After finding the treasure maps and going to where the chest should be, there is nothing there. ive checked videos and im not missing it - it simply isnt there.

help please!!!!

I too had the same issue with the PC version, all I had to do to solve it was start a new save game and it sorted itself out! Existing save file was updated and got screwed up in the process!

bongoboyj

I found the chest in the mountains ,above the windmill farm (the mill right below Whiterun on the map) , if anyone wondering about that one.

Edit: I can walk you to this one if you need help.

Halkin

pzzzztt
no real help probably, but before i came here i lootedd the one near whiterun, didnt have the map in my bag (found it weeks ago)

vitrioso

I have this problem too. I went scouring all over the place after getting Fort Neugard treasure map. Never could find it, and I ended up somehow in Falkreath.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts