• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

ValkyrieWarrior

The Loner
    Hey, I am wanting to start a roleplay. I've roleplayed a couple of times. Anyone interested? The rules are simple.
    1. NO dragonborn. Even though the shouts are cool, but i just don't want people shouting each other in the story.
    2. There needs to be a Character card. Name, gender, age (teen, adulthood, ederly, etc.), and also class and what weapons they use. As well as what they are best at.
    3. You do not have to put a history of personilty on the Character card. Though if you do that is ok.
    4. NO godmaders.
    Well, i believe that is it.

Aquillus

Hey, I am wanting to start a roleplay. I've roleplayed a couple of times. Anyone interested? The rules are simple.
    1. NO dragonborn. Even though the shouts are cool, but i just don't want people shouting each other in the story.
    2. There needs to be a Character card. Name, gender, age (teen, adulthood, ederly, etc.), and also class and what weapons they use. As well as what they are best at.
    3. You do not have to put a history of personilty on the Character card. Though if you do that is ok.
    4. NO godmaders.
    Well, i believe that is it.

I'll give it a try. (It's a new concept for me though, so go easy on me :p ) How do I do the card exactly?

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    I'll join!

And Aquillus just look how I do mine.

Name: Runs-with-phoenix
    Race: Argonian
    Description: She is of an average height, not towering but not short, and she has a slick figure from growing up in Black Marsh. Her shoulders and arms are stronger than most Argonians from carrying crates for a living to get on her feet in Skyrim after she immigrated from Black Marsh. She has dark green scales and a dinosaur looking profile. Some of the scales on her face are orange, some white, and some red. Her eyes are large and open, but her pupils are so wide, due to being a reptile, that the color is unknown to most. Even to herself. She has two horns that neatly curl with her skull but do not connect to it. The horns are carved with complexity from a steady, imaginative hand.
    Class: Thief/Assassin
    Weapons: Bows, daggers. (Both are enchanted)
    Best at: Sneaking, picking locks, pickpocketing, persuasion, and salve/poison making.

Acceptable?

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Aquillus, I suggest looking through other OOC (out of character) RP threads to see examples of other peoples' character cards. But normally, they follow this general format:

Name:
    Race: (Make sure this is one you can actually play in game.)
    (The first four are pretty self explanatory)
    Class: (i.e. Thief, Archer, Paladin, Warrior, Mage, etc)
    Weapon preferences/fighting style: (How they fight and what weapons they primarily use)
    Skills: (What they're good at, i.e. Lockpicking, Sneak, Speech, etc. Think the perks tree in the skills menu.)
    Personality/bio/history: (Although Valkyrie said this section wasn't necessary for this RP, this is a general back story describing your character's history as well as their personality.)

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Melee, thanks for adding on to what I said. Your example is much more broken down.
    Not a problem! I'm happy to help. :) I've been RPing for a while on here, haha.

Also Znowcicle, make sure you specify your race as well as your class. Just so people know how to generally address your character.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Not a problem! I'm happy to help. :) I've been RPing for a while on here, haha.
    Also Znowcicle, make sure you specify your race as well as your class. Just so people know how to generally address your character.
    I was actually just about to do that. I had thought about it then just didn't put it. I guess I supposed my name would reveal it, haha.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    I was actually just about to do that. I had thought about it then just didn't put it. I guess I supposed my name would reveal it, haha.
    It probably would, just because it sounds distinctly Argonian. But for the sake of all the other players who may be involved in this RP, its probably better to just put the race. :)

ValkyrieWarrior

The Loner
    Alright well do. :p Its kinda simple really. . Oh, i forgot you also need a description. Doesn't have to be really detail. Just enough to give everyone an idea what your character looks like. And its not really a card. I just call it that.

Name:
    Description:
    Uses, weapons, etc:

Basically kinda like that. It doesn't have to be exactly like that, but you get the jest of the idea. You don't have to put Name: before you put the name. i just do because it keeps me organizied and it doesn't looked jumbled up together.

Aquillus

Sorry. Figured it had to be like an actual format or something.

Name: Aquillus
    Race:Imperial
    Class:Assassin
    Appearance:5'8" Imperial, rough beard with scars on the right side of his face. Wears dawnguard armor from his time serving with them, as well as Linwe's hood, which he obtained while serving as an active member of the thieves guild. He also wears his "trademark" bone hawk amulet which he has worn ever since he found it during the raid of Castle Volkihar.
    Personality: Quiet, stoic, thoughtful and intense. He has a bit of a temper, and typically the words he doesn't speak are just as meaningful as those he does. He isn't good with trust, but tends to warm up to others over time.
    Preferred Weapons: His father's dragonbone bow. He is extremely skilled in archery, but isn't afraid to pull out a sword and dagger combo for when things get too close for comfort.
    Back story (because why not):Raised and trained with the intentions to be a knight, these dreams were crushed when a group of rogue orcs murdered his parents on their way home to the city of Skingrad from Anvil. With nothing left in life, Aquillus set out on his own, in the hopes of finding purpose. This journey led him to northern Cyrodiil, where he was dragged over the border to Skyrim where he was grouped with a number of strangers to be executed in Helgen. Following not far behind an Imperial soldier with an unidentified Prisoner, he made it out of Helgen and started a new life in Skyrim.

ValkyrieWarrior

The Loner
    Ok, computer must be slow. Just got all that. Thanx though for joining. Hi, Znowcicle. Haven't heard from you in awhile.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Hey Valkyrie, it's nice to see you role-playing again. I fixed my character card. It now has my missing race and a description. I want to save all the personal goodies for the role-play. :D

ValkyrieWarrior

The Loner
    • Sorry. Figured it had to be like an actual format or something.

Name: Aquillus
      Race:Imperial
      Class:Assassin
      Appearance:5'8" Imperial, rough beard with scars on the right side of his face. Wears dawnguard armor from his time serving with them, as well as Linwe's hood, which he obtained while serving as an active member of the thieves guild. He also wears his "trademark" bone hawk amulet which he has worn ever since he found it during the raid of Castle Volkihar.
      Personality: Quiet, stoic, thoughtful and intense. He has a bit of a temper, and typically the words he doesn't speak are just as meaningful as those he does. He isn't good with trust, but tends to warm up to others over time.
      Preferred Weapons: His father's dragonbone bow. He is extremely skilled in archery, but isn't afraid to pull out a sword and dagger combo for when things get too close for comfort.
      Back story (because why not):Raised and trained with the intentions to be a knight, these dreams were crushed when a group of rogue orcs murdered his parents on their way home to the city of Skingrad from Anvil. With nothing left in life, Aquillus set out on his own, in the hopes of finding purpose. This journey led him to northern Cyrodiil, where he was dragged over the border to Skyrim where he was grouped with a number of strangers to be executed in Helgen. Following not far behind an Imperial soldier with an unidentified Prisoner, he made it out of Helgen and started a new life in Skyrim.
    You did great Aquillus. Thats three people now not counting me, correct? I just have to give my character next. Also, what do think a great plot would be. I thought of some, but they sorta seem like copyng othe other peoples. So help me out here.

ValkyrieWarrior

The Loner
    Hey Valkyrie, it's nice to see you role-playing again. I fixed my character card. It now has my missing race and a description. I want to save all the personal goodies for the role-play. :D

Yea, it feel good to be roleplaying again. Kk

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    No we just have the two, Aquillus and I. And I had some questions before I throw suggestions out there.

Garashbur

The Armored Troll
    Name: Garashbur
    Race: Frost Troll
    Class:N/A
    Equipment: Standard Battle Troll Armor. He has sharp blades on his gauntlets, as most of the armored trolls do.
    Appearance: Frost trolls mostly look the same, but he has a few grey streaks of fur. His armor has crude drawings of smily faces and the letters GAR. He had tried to write his name, thinking that if people knew his name, they would think he was a human.
    Other: Garashbur has no idea how humans think, but learned to speak when he was donated to the Dawn-Guard. He doesn't remember his parents. Trolls don't have strong connections with their families anyway. He had been taken from his den at age 2 and donated to the vampire hunters at age 3. He had been in Dawn-Guard for three years, before they finally defeated Harkon. After the vampire threat was over, they no longer had a use for armored trolls. They said that trolls should not be allowed to live alongside humans, and are to be returned to the wild. Garashbur refused, so the Dawn-Guard had to use force. Garashbur fought his way into the forest. Trolls would not accept him because of his armor, and humans would not accept him because he was a troll. He shows loyalty to anyone who shows him any love.

Aquillus

Well everything's new to me in terms of fictional storylines :p I'm not really sure what we could do to be honest.... Not to brag, but I've been told I'm a great writer (descriptive etc.), but my creativity is nonexistent :sadface:

ValkyrieWarrior

The Loner
    No we just have the two, Aquillus and I. And I had some questions before I throw suggestions out there.

Name: Garashbur
    Race: Frost Troll
    Class:N/A
    Equipment: Standard Battle Troll Armor. He has sharp blades on his gauntlets, as most of the armored trolls do.
    Appearance: Frost trolls mostly look the same, but he has a few grey streaks of fur. His armor has crude drawings of smily faces and the letters GAR. He had tried to write his name, thinking that if people knew his name, they would think he was a human.
    Other: Garashbur has no idea how humans think, but learned to speak when he was donated to the Dawn-Guard. He doesn't remember his parents. Trolls don't have strong connections with their families anyway. He had been taken from his den at age 2 and donated to the vampire hunters at age 3. He had been in Dawn-Guard for three years, before they finally defeated Harkon. After the vampire threat was over, they no longer had a use for armored trolls. They said that trolls should not be allowed to live alongside humans, and are to be returned to the wild. Garashbur refused, so the Dawn-Guard had to use force. Garashbur fought his way into the forest. Trolls would not accept him because of his armor, and humans would not accept him because he was a troll. He shows loyalty to anyone who shows him any love.
    Welcome aboard Garashbur. To be truthful. Never been a big fan of Frost Trolls. Never could defeat one in Skyrim but i rather have one on my side than against me. Now there are three. So, shall we wait for a couple more or start on the plot. Go ahead, Znowcicle. Ask away.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts