18+ The Prophecy of Apocapher

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

ultimatedovahkiin

Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.
"Attack, and attack good. You can't really devise a plan with dragon attacks so we just have to wing it." said Nerevar

Loved that line....brilliant. haha. Great tale and now what will happen with him not being dragonborn!?

haha thanks. And Kriid not being Dragonborn will affect the team in more ways than one, but you'll just have to wait and see how.

Harc

Big Hog
Thanks, sorry the sloth didn't do much in the chapter other than hang from a truss and go to sleep, couldn't think of much else to do with him for this chapter since there were no dragons around to battle. Although, I was thinking, maybe he needs a name. Any ideas?
Yes!! His name should be Thadon! Named after the duke of mania in 3E-343!

ultimatedovahkiin

Yes!! His name should be Thadon! Named after the duke of mania in 3E-343!

That's actually a really good idea! Especially since this version of Sheogorath killed Thadon when the original Sheo wanted him to kill one of the Dukes. So Thadon it is.

ultimatedovahkiin

So, some of you may not get each hint I gave about Kriid so I just decided to explain them just in case. I was careful in giving hints so they all add up.

He is in the game so you might wanna be familiar with that. He knows Argon very well but he also knows Sissel. Most characters who were adults in the game are either dead or old since this takes a couple decades after the game. He knows both Argon and Sissel, so perhaps he was an orphan. He lost his family as said, and so there is more to the possibility of him being an orphan, but also, he could be a follower Argon had. But he would have to be skilled and good at fighting. He is VERY familiar with Argon and knows him very well. He is in the game and some people always see him. Others only a few times, the rest never see him

He is in the game, since he is the character from the game. Just my version of it. Of course he knows Argon very well, he IS Argon. Argon adopted and raised Sissel so obviously she will know him. He wanted to protect and help out Argon's family because Argon's family is his family. If he had been an orphan he might know Argon and Sissel since Argon adopted Sissel from the orphanage Argon might have ran into little Kriid. He lost his family because he had sacrificed himself and didn't go back to his family (it will be explained why in ch 11). He was not a follower since Argon can't really follow himself but still, Sissel knew him since he raised her. He was skilled and good at fighting since he is one of Tamriel's greatest heroes. When it says some people see him, it's I'm referring to the views you can use. Some people only use third person view so you always see him, others will mainly use first person but on occasion may switch to third to look at their character and see how awesome he/she is in his/her armor. The rest never see him, some people may never leave first person view, not even to look at their character's armor. The raised hands when using a weapon doesn't count since you can't really tell much from just a hand.

Other hints:
He was part of the Dark Brotherhood, because Argon was as mentioned in other stories. He ended up destroying it also as mentioned. Why isn't he afraid of Sithis? He had battled and beaten him before. A MAJOR hint for anyone who has read through Soul Wars, when Sithis asks how Kriid is hiding his identity from him, Kriid says that he was trained to resist the Void. Argon says the very same thing in the final battle of Soul Wars when Sithis questions why Argon is not being sucked into the Void like everyone else.

Him always telling Nerevar what he was doing wrong, well he used to lead the team and as said in ch 9, it would be nice to lead the team again, so Argon wanted to once again lead the team and sometimes he couldn't hold it in. Him being upset at any mention of Argon's death? He was feeling guilty that he was putting everyone he cared about, and Tamriel, through such sorrow. The lists of possible suspects given, each of those had one or more hints connected to them but not all, I don't feel like explaining them because that'll take a while.

Finally, when it says Kriid knew why the Divines thought he could save them but he no longer had the power that could possibly stop Apocapher, well he used to be Dragonborn and as said in ch 10, he isn't anymore. What the Divines were sensing and this to will be explained in ch 11, was that he USED TO BE Dragonborn.

If I missed any hints I gave, please tell me and I will explain them. Or if there is anything else you want explained about Kriid, tell me and I will answer.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
Well , how about the sloths name as Haskill :D?
SHEOGORATH - HASKILL MY PET COME HERE.
HASKILL - ((WHATEVER SOUND HE MAKES :p))

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 11: Some Needed Explanations​
"I don't understand Argon.... How are you not Dragonborn." asked Akatosh, "The dragon blood is a permanent gift. Shout for us, prove you are not Dragonborn."​
Argon, still standing on the table, obeyed. "Fus Ro Dah!" he shouted at the shelf above the table, nothing fell off and no power came from Argon's mouth. He wasn't lying, he really was no longer Dragonborn.​
"Oh my.... How is that even possible? How did this happen?" asked Talos​
Argon hopped down from the table.​
"Sit down, I'll explain everything." he said​
********​
A few minutes later, everyone was sitting at the table, even Sheogorath's sloth hung from Sheogorath's neck.​
"So how did this happen?" Stendarr asked​
"After I was sucked into the vortex, I was ready to be wiped out. I knew it was going to happen and I was accepting of it. I floated around inside the vortex, the shadows slowly picking me away. Then suddenly, a door opened inside the vortex, and from it, there was light! I looked out it and saw Tamriel below. Xan had used his powers from inside me to open up a door to Tamriel. I knew I was saved. Xan started trying to take over and move me toward the door, gradually, I let him. But then suddenly, a thought appeared in my head. If I left with Xan and Alduin, then they would be free to take me over and destroy Tamriel. I couldn't let that happen. So, since I am able to use the power of whichever soul I absorb, I used Xan's powers to control the shadows. They accepted me as their leader. Since the whole vortex was shadows, I told them what to destroy. I commanded them to destroy any signs of dragon in the vortex. They wiped out Alduin, but when they took away all signs of dragon, they took away half my soul and my dragon blood. Now I have a full human soul and regular human blood. Then, as I was slowly blacking out from the loss of blood and half of my soul, I commanded that the shadows destroy all signs of shadow inside the vortex. They destroyed Xan, and since the whole vortex was shadows, it collapsed on itself. As it was collapsing and I was blacking out, quickly made myself float to the door. I made it out. Next thing I knew, I was lying in a grape field outside of Skingrad." Argon explained​
"Wow.... I can't believe this, your powers, gone." said Mara​
"But why didn't you ever return to us?" asked Serana​
"Because," Argon explained, "when I came to, since I had lost part of my soul, I lost all of my memories for the next month while my soul slowly grew a human side to make up for the lost dragon side. I didn't remember anything. I knew how to fight and knew everything I had learned as Dragonborn, I just didn't remember how I knew all of that, or who I was or anything about my past. All I knew about myself, was that I wanted to protect people and save lives. I asked around and some people told me I was in Skingrad. I remembered hearing some things about Skingrad. How after the Soul Wars it had fallen on such hard times when evil returned. How there was rape, murder, skooma smuggling, thievery, raids, brawls, kidnappings, assassinations, things like that. So I decided I would become Skingrad's protector. Someone told me something about how there was a great man, he was a hero and a kriid of evil. Little did I know he was talking about me. I asked him what Kriid meant, he told me it was Dragon for 'slayer'. I decided to call myself Kriid, the Protector of Skingrad. I decided too many people had seen my in the armor I usually wore as Dragonborn, and would recognize me if I tried to protect Skingrad, then when I was shopping or something, people would attack me and bring even more chaos to Skingrad. I still find it strange no one recognized me as Dragonborn when I was wearing my normal armor. So, I found some fabric and fashioned my Kriid costume out of it. I made an arsenal of daggers for my bandolier, and I set up a house for myself in a room in the Skingrad sewers. I made the sewers my home, no one ever goes down there. But just to be safe, I set up a few runes around the place. Finally, I trained for about a week. Then, I started protecting Skingrad. As a protector, I picked up a few tricks and learned some more fighting skills and I trained every day. By the time I remembered who I was and remembered my past, I was in too deep as a protector and Skingrad was in too bad of shape for me to just leave it. By the time you guys came and found me as Kriid, Skingrad was already at the most peace it would be able to achieve. So I left it for you guys. Now, I don't need to go back there and protect it anymore, so now I can quit being just its protector, and once again protect Tamriel. What you Divines were sensing when you sensed Kriid in Skingrad was that I used to be Dragonborn, you sensed a power a power that had been there."​
"That's a great story Argon." said a man standing in the shadows.​
Instantly, the room tensed and the heroes stood up with their weapons drawn. They recognized the voice.​
"So, it seems you have finally decided to tell them who you are. I always knew, I know everything." said the man​
"Don't flatter yourself Apocapher, we will defeat you." said Argon​
"From what I just heard, no you won't. You can't. Why? Because you are powerless. Now I am unstoppable. My one weakness has been wiped out. Heh heh heh." laughed Apocapher​
"Get him." said Nerevar​
"Wait no!" Argon shouted too late​
The four heroes were blasted backwards. Sheogorath's sloth flew off his neck and hit the wall.​
Sheogorath ran up to the sloth and picked it up. "Are you okay Thadon?" he asked​
"Thadon?" questioned Nerevar​
"I decided he needed a name. He's named after the Duke of Mania from the time of the Oblivion Crisis. My predecessor wanted me to kill one of the Dukes either from Mania or Dementia, then I would become the new Duke. I decided to kill Thadon." said Sheogorath​
"So you named a creature you accidentally created after a guy you killed to honor him?" asked Nerevar​
"No, I just really like the name." said Sheogorath​
"Okay then..." Nerevar said turning around, "Apocapher, we will defeat you. You think with that big ego of yours that you are unbeatable. Well, you're not and we will prove to you. And--"​
"Nerevar," Argon said, "He left after he blasted you guys against the wall."​
"Oh." Nerevar said.​
"Anyways, we got a world to save." said Argon​

ultimatedovahkiin

Sorry for the shortness, I didn't know what else to put for this chapter and I started it late. This chapter was really just to explain a few things which it did.

Chirurgeon

Great job. Sometimes short informative chapters are important. I sort of liked the break from all the chaos...lol.

ultimatedovahkiin

Great job. Sometimes short informative chapters are important. I sort of liked the break from all the chaos...lol.

lol I got tired of trying to describe epic battle, and I'm having a major lazy day today. I should have written this earlier today but blew it off until now.

ultimatedovahkiin

Chirurgeon

I think it makes the battles more memorable if they are spread out a bit :)

ultimatedovahkiin

my last chapter and the one I am working on is not going to include epic battles but will help provide some setting and character stuff. I think it makes the battles more memorable if they are spread out a bit :)

good point, thanks man :) You should get on the shout box.

ultimatedovahkiin

Due to the server move and still some errors as it kicked me off a while ago, because it said when I was in shoutbox that the move was still going on, I will not release any chapters for the next few days. I do not want to be halfway done with the chapter or completely done and about to post it and then suddenly I get kicked off for a while and then lose everything I had just written. Thank you for your patience, if the server is fine by Saturday I will try to get one out on Saturday.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
LOL, SLOTH!

Nice story, dovah. It's a great read. The sloth addition really made that last chapter, y'know... ;)

ultimatedovahkiin

LOL, SLOTH!

Nice story, dovah. It's a great read. The sloth addition really made that last chapter, y'know... ;)

Thanks Delu, I'm glad you like it. I bet you can guess who gave me the idea for the sloth.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
Hmmm, let me guess... Cordelia? No... maybe Rayven? Hmm, doesn't seem right... was it your own idea? Hmm...

Who could it have possibly been?!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts