18+ The Prophecy of Apocapher

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

ultimatedovahkiin

Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.
Small update on the story arc (I know focus on one story at a time dovah sorry can't help it overactive imagination) I have the ideas for each part all planned out, the next story will begin the story arc although you won't really know how much it is part of it until the last part of the story arc. The story arc will be titled: The Fallen God, the next story will be called Return of the Dwemer since it doesn't really focus on the Fallen God, but the next two parts will be called The Fallen god part 1, and The Fallen God part 2.

ultimatedovahkiin

I previously mentioned a story arc happening in this series, that is when there is a little area that a series focuses on for more than just one thing like, it's a series inside a series just in case you didn't know what that was. So, I have decided to do one of my own the story arc will be called The Fallen God, it will begin with the next story in this series. That next story will be called Return of the Dwemer, and it will focus on the Dwemer, the story however, will be a part of the arc as it will help set the stage for it. This current story, The Prophecy of Apocapher, will kinda help but it is not a part of the arc. The next story, Return of the Dwemer, will set the arc up, then, the two after that will be titled The Fallen God. There will be The Fallen God part one, and The Fallen God part 2. They will focus on "The Fallen God". So pretty much, there is an evil god that will be attacking starting with those stories. So, in a nutshell, Return of the Dwemer will be the opening of the biggest event in my fanfics which will revolve around the team battling "The Fallen God".

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 9: Unmasked​
"Scatter!" called Kriid as the dragon unleashed its breath of fury​
The heroes jumped out of the way just as the fire seared to grass of where they had been standing less than a minute ago.​
"What the hell?!" shouted Nerevar​
"Damn you Apocapher!" called Garnin in the direction Apocapher had went​
"What do we do?" asked Fayen​
"Aye, it seems like we have a major fight on our hands." said Sheogorath​
"Get ready." said Nerevar "This battle is going to suck."​
"Eh, I've fought worse." said Kriid grabbing two daggers off of his bandolier​
"See? It's when you say thing like that, that bring out trust for you down even more. Will you please just tell us who you are?" asked Nerevar​
"There is a big ass dragon attacking us that has the potential to finish the job on this already cripple city and you are worrying about something as trivial as my identity?" Kriid said​
"It does seem like a rather low priority right now Nerevar." said Garnin putting his hand on Nerevar's shoulder​
"Fine whatever. Alright team, so as previously stated, there is a big ass dragon over there, and we have to stop it." said Nerevar​
"Okay, so, the plan?" asked Fayen​
"Attack, and attack good. You can't really devise a plan with dragon attacks so we just have to wing it." said Nerevar​
"You sure as Oblivion can make a plan to fight dragons." said Kriid​
"Oh. I'm sorry Mr. dragon fighting expert, did you want to lead this team?" Nerevar asked sarcastically​
His answer, however, was far from sarcastic.​
"It would be nice." said Kriid​
Nerevar sighed and rested his head on his hand, "Whatever. Can we please just go kill the dragon?"​
"Yes. It's kinda odd that it hasn't tried to burn us yet, I wonder what's distracting it." said Kriid​
Sheogorath looked out from around the bush they had dove behind, "My sloth!" he cried as he saw his beloved pet battling a dragon​
"Holy plops Sheo, you're pet is battling a dragon..." Garnin said in awe​
"They grow up so fast..." Sheogorath said​
"Damn..." said Kriid​
"ANYWAYS...." said Nerevar "ATTACK!!!"​
The heroes jumped out from the bushes with their weapons in their hands. They yelled as they charged the dragon. Kriid spun around with his arms out and the daggers sticking out from his hands, he jumped and came down on the dragon still spinning. When he landed on the ground, there was a big gash on the side of the dragon and blood poured out. In pain the dragon looked up into the air and released a burst of flames into the sky. He flicked his tail and sent Kriid flying back. Kriid stood up, he pressed his empty hands to his forehead and used the bottom of his hands to rub his eyes. After he was done, he looked around and found his two daggers lying on the ground one on top of the others.​
"Talos guide me." he said as he picked up his daggers and charged back into the battle​
********​
Fighting a dragon with daggers? Not the best idea. Somehow though Kriid made it work. He was rather skilled in fighting and fighting dragons, so he knew where to hit and how. He worked his way behind the beast as the heroes attacked the front. Their tactic, however, was not always the best. They were at the head in front of the mouth. That's where to fire comes from. Not the butt where Kriid was, but the mouth where the other four were. Kriid took his dagger and slashed at the dragon's tail, one of its weak spots. The dragon reared back in pain and formed an almost diagonal line with its body. Kriid took advantage of this and ran up the dragon, he was good at running up steep areas, seeing as how somehow he was able to break the laws of physics by running up mountain sides that were at an eighty degree angle. Anyway, he sheathed his daggers and ran up the dragon's body and grabbed onto one of the razor sharp and blood red scales. The held on so tightly that the scale cut his hand. Kriid winced, but he had to hold on. The dragon came back down with a thud and Kriid's body was flung upward, luckily he was still holding on so he came back down and landed back on the dragon. On his way down he barely missed being impaled on a scale that was sticking upward. Kriid let go of his hand hold and stood up on the dragon's ever shaking back. He struggled to steady himself on the dragon. Once he was steady, he reached into his pocket and pulled out some gauze. He wrapped the gauze around his hand and pulled his daggers out again.​
He ran further on the dragon careful not to trip on the scales. When he got to the head, he slashed two big diagon cuts across its head going in opposite directions so they made a giant X. The dragon bucked its head back and Kriid went flying off the dragon and crashed through the doors of the dorm at the University. His fly was stopped when he crashed into a bookcase and fell down. The only remaining shelf, after he crashed into the shelves and wrecked the others, fell down on him and hit his head. It hurt, sure it did, but Kriid was a strong guy with a hard head. He let himself sit and rest for a few minutes before standing up again. He noticed his daggers hadn't made it into the room with him and were probably on the ground outside. He grabbed two more from his bandolier and ran out the door.​
********​
When he got outside, he noticed that when the dragon bucked, it also knocked the other heroes back and they were on the ground. The dragon slowly approached the helpless heroes who hopelessly tried killing the dragon with magic. Sheogorath tried summoning lightning to zap it, but it either didn't effect the dragon, or it just didn't show its pain. Kriid ran at full sprint to the heroes, he managed to get in front of the dragon right before it toasted the heroes. He took one dagger and thrust it up into the area under the dragon's mouth, he took his other dagger and shoved it in the area between both of its nostrils. It opened its mouth and roared in pain. Kriid let go of his daggers and grabbed another one from his bandolier. He expertly tossed it down the dragon's mouth and by the grace of the Divines, the dagger stabbed into the dragon's heart instantly killing it. Kriid helped the heroes up and he went to make sure that the dragon was really dead.​
He checked both its eyes which didn't move, he checked its chest for any signs of breathing, there were none. He went to check the tail to see if it was even slightly flickering, nothing. The dragon laid dead and was still as a rock.​
"Well," Kriid said turning around, "good news, the dragon is--- Why do you have your weapons out like you are about to attack me?"​
Behind him, and now in front of him since he had turned around, were the heroes. Their weapons were drawn, Nerevar held the stance a guard usually would when he was about to arrest you. Slightly crouched with his sword slightly forward and his shield slightly revealing his armor. Sheogorath held the same pose. Garnin held his battleaxe slightly slanted sideways with his knees bent. Fayen stood tall and strong with his bowstring pulled back to his cheek and he was looking down an arrow aimed right at Kriid.​
"How did you do that?" Nerevar asked​
"Do what?" Kriid asked​
"Kill that dragon as if you have been killing them for years." answered Nerevar​
"You just keep making it harder to trust you." said Fayen​
"I just saved your lives!" Kriid said​
"And how long until you finally take them, huh?" asked Garnin​
"What are you talking about?! I would never do that! You have to trust me!" Kriid exclaimed​
"You act like you know Argon, you get upset every time someone mentions his death, you wear a hood and let no one know who you are, you tell no one about your past although you make small hints at it. You claim to have once been a part of the Dark Brotherhood so you are, or used to be, an assassin. You faced Sithis with no fear, and you fight dragons as if you have been killing them your whole life." said Sheogorath​
"So tell us Kriid," Nerevar said, "why should we trust you?"​
Kriid sighed, he knew it was time, there was no more avoiding it. If he didn't unmask himself now, they would attack him. He knew he could take them, but he didn't want to. He didn't want to have to kill them, especially not for being suspicious. He really hadn't given him much reason to trust him, other than help them save two cities and just save their lives.​
Still, he knew it was time. Time to unmask himself.​
"I said," Nerevar asked again, "why should we trust you?"​
Kriid gripped the sides of his hood and pulled them down.​
"Because you always have." he said​
The heroes were shocked. Fayen was so shocked he messed up his aim and accidentally let go of the bowstring. The arrow flew past Kriid's unhooded face.​
The heroes stood there for a few minutes, stunned at the revelation. They were surprised by who he was, but also by the fact that he had just unmasked himself. They thought he never would. And they sure as hell never expected him to be who he was.​
For the next few minutes, the only one able to talk was Fayen, and he was only able to get out one word and then he was silent like the rest of the heroes.​
"Argon?"​

ultimatedovahkiin

HOLLY pl***!! The sloth goes off! Awesome, love the sloth! Argon is back!

yeah, I thought you might like that part about the sloth. I forgot to say what happened to the sloth, but just in case you were wondering, the sloth is fine. And, yeah, Argon's back, mostly.

ultimatedovahkiin

Awesome!! The sloth is a badass!!!

yeah, I actually really like the sloth, it gives me a chance to add some randomness in there, the heroes have these personalities all laid out and the sloth doesn't, he's just a random character I can just put in anywhere just to be random. I'm thinking of having him appear in the final battle.

Harc

Big Hog
yeah, I actually really like the sloth, it gives me a chance to add some randomness in there, the heroes have these personalities all laid out and the sloth doesn't, he's just a random character I can just put in anywhere just to be random. I'm thinking of having him appear in the final battle.
What do the characters think of the sloth? Do they like him?

ultimatedovahkiin

What do the characters think of the sloth? Do they like him?

I don't know, I haven't really though about that. Obviously Sheogorath loves him, and I think after today's battle they will probably have a pretty big respect for the sloth.

Harc

Big Hog
I don't know, I haven't really though about that. Obviously Sheogorath loves him, and I think after today's battle they will probably have a pretty big respect for the sloth.
They should go to Luther broads boarding house in the imperial city and buy the sloth a bunch of bananas! As a reward!

ultimatedovahkiin

They should go to Luther broads boarding house in the imperial city and buy the sloth a bunch of bananas! As a reward!

I'll think about doing something like that, I probably won't put them buying the bananas in the story because now that Argon is returned there's a lot to take care of, but I can get Sheogorath to conjure something up.

ultimatedovahkiin

ultimatedovahkiin

It's a lot of typing, so just take your time and don't go insane! :D

haha yeah, it does take me a while, i'll try not to go insane. Thanks man.

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 10: Argon Unmasked​
Finally the team got over their shock of Argon being alive, but they went into a stage worse than shock. Nerevar charged forward and knocked Argon down. He climbed on top of him and held his sword up to Argon's throat, slightly pushing the skin in. The rest of the team drew their weapons and surrounded Argon and Nerevar.​
"What are you doing, Nerevar?!" exclaimed Argon​
"Do you think I'm an idiot?! I know you're not really Argon! They know it! We all know it!" shouted Nerevar​
"I don't understand." said Argon​
"Argon is wiped from existence! He's gone! We know that you are not really him, rather you were sent here by Apocapher himself to try to trick us so that you could lead us to him and then he would kill us!" said Nerevar​
"Nerevar, this isn't a trick. I really am here, you have to believe me, trust me. You didn't trust Kriid, but trust me, Argon, instead. Please." said Argon​
"Give me a reason to. Prove you are Argon." said Nerevar​
"When the Soul Wars first began, when there was that first battle in Sovngarde, you, Fayen, and Garnin, all restored hope in the heroes of Sovngarde as they were running away. I was lying on a rock, in pain, and not understanding how I was hurt or what was going on. Then, last year, just a little over a year ago, when we were still fighting Xan, on top of the White-Gold Tower which now lays in ruins, you and I were both influenced by Xan to chop Haldan to pieces." said Argon​
Nerevar realized this really was his friend. Argon was actually here, alive and in the flesh. Nerevar threw his arms around Argon and tears rolled down his eyes.​
"We missed you so much." Nerevar said, "I can't take the stress of leading this team, you were always better at leading it than I was. Please relieve me, take back your position as leader."​
"Nonsense, you were a great leader, despite what I said when that Sigil Stone was influencing us. But, I would happily take back my position as leader. That is, if the whole team is okay with it." said Argon​
"Go ahead." said Garnin​
"I have missed fighting under your leadership. I'm fine with you taking back power." said Fayen​
Sheogorath was so overwhelmed by Argon's return, tears of joy were streaming down his face and he could barely maintain his description as a dark, powerful, and strong god.​
"I- I would greatly enjoy having y- your leadership once again, gra- grandson." said Sheogorath with puffy red eyes​
"Well, I guess I am leading you guys again. You are relieved Nerevar." said Argon​
"Oh thank the Divines." Nerevar said rejoicing​
Argon walked up to Sheogorath and brought him in for a big hug.​
"I missed you grandfather." Argon said​
"I missed you to grandson." said Sheogorath not wanting to let Argon go for fear that he might leave again​
"And who's this?" asked Argon motioning to Sheogorath's sloth​
"It's my pet. I accidentally created him before we met Kriid at Skingrad. I call him a sloth." said Sheogorath releasing Argon​
"Well, I have the utmost respect for this fella. He's so small, yet he tried to bring down a great and powerful dragon and he lived. I respect that." said Argon​
"Yeah, he is rather great isn't he?" said Sheogorath admiring his pet​
"Yes he is." said Argon​
"So what now?" asked Nerevar​
"Serana." said Argon​
"Huh?" Fayen asked​
"Serana. I want to see her." said Argon​
"There is a madman on the loose who has the powerful to bring down the universe, and you want to see a girl? Look, nothing against her and all, but she doesn't seem so important when at any given moment the world could end." said Nerevar​
"I want to go see her. Now." said Argon, "Sheogorath?"​
"On it." Sheogorath snapped his fingers and the team teleported to Lakeview Manor in Falkreath​
********​
They appeared outside of the house, things seemed to be just like Argon had left them. The bee keeping thing was still intact, the cow and the chicken were fed and healthy, the white horse in the stables was eating and the house was in perfect shape. The steward Marlion was still gone, he had left for Hammerfell after the Soul Wars and was never seen again.​
"I've missed this place." said Argon remembering how he had built the whole thing with his own two hands​
"Well, let's go inside." said Nerevar​
The heroes opened the front door and walked in to the front room. The house was dimly lit and had a depressing air about it. Serana sat with her back to the heroes at the table in the main room of the house. She was leaned over a plate slowly and sadly eating a loaf of bread. Around her lay empty bottles of mead and wine. She had no clothes on except for her underwear, and it seemed like she had been sitting at that same spot for days.​
"After you sacrificed yourself, she went into some sort of depression. Remember how she used to go to Falkreath to buy things from the market? She doesn't do that anymore. Now she spends her days locked up in here, trying to keep the house in order, just like you would want. Nobody has seen her for months. She was so depressed after you sacrificed yourself that she never even went to get cured of her vampire blood again." whispered Nerevar​
"By the nine...." said Argon​
He slowly and quietly crept forward, careful not to startle Serana, the heroes let Argon go by himself as they figured that they should leave the two alone as they reunited, still they stood and watched though.​
"Serana?" Argon said softly​
"Go away. I don't want to see anyone." said Serana not turning around​
"Not even little old me?" asked Argon​
"Not you, not anyone! I said go awa-- Argon?!" shouted Serana as she turned around to face the man in her house​
"Hello Serana." said Argon​
"You-- you're dead, gone, erased from existence. How-?" began Serana​
Argon silenced her ranting with a kiss.​
"I have missed you, so very much." said Argon​
Serana started to tear up. "I've missed you too, I don't know how you're here, but I don't care." said Serana happily embracing Argon​
"Oh, oh gods, this place is a mess... I'm a mess. Where are my clothes?" Serana began to realize how poorly the place looked​
"It's okay. How have you been?" asked Argon​
"Terrible, after you left I was driven into a deep depression. I have tried everything to keep myself out of it. I saw mages who gave me rings that were supposed to make me feel better, I have tried casting illusion and alteration spells on myself to try and give myself a sense of happiness, none of it has worked. Except this, this is working." said Serana​
"Sheogorath," said Argon, "do you mind perhaps casting a spell that will clean this place up?"​
"It would be my pleasure." said Sheogorath​
Sheogorath raised his hand and let a spell fly out of it, instantly the place livened up. The lights grew brighter, things were put back in place, cobwebs disappeared, and it looked once again like the happy home that Argon had left.​
"Thank you." said Argon​
"I think it's time we rest." said Nerevar​
"Good idea, in the morning we can get the Divines in here and tell them you are back, I think they would like to know." said Fayen​
"Agreed. Let us go sleep for the night then." said Argon​
The heroes walked upstairs to the three beds up there. Nerevar and Garnin each got their own beds, but since there was only one other, but it was a two person bed, Sheogorath and Fayen had to share that one. The sloth climbed up the wall and hung from one of the trusses. Argon and Serana both went into their room to sleep for the night. A few minutes later Fayen got up from the bed.​
"Where are you going?" asked Sheogorath​
"I forgot to ask Argon something." said Fayen​
"Now's not the time, he's busy down there." said Sheogorath hearing the sounds of what was going on​
Fayen laid back down and went to sleep​
********​
The next morning, when Argon awoke he saw that Serana had already gotten up. Argon was laying naked in his bed remembering the events of the night before, it had been so long since he had done that. He looked around for his normal armor that he would wear before he sacrificed himself, his Kriid outfit had been thrown around the room. He then realized that his normal armor was still at his "house" in Skingrad back in Cyrodiil. He picked up his Kriid outfit and put it in his wardrobe. He then dug around and pulled out an outfit that looked like Kriid's outfit except it was bluish and on the shoulder pads, bandolier, gloves, and boots it was orangish-brown and it had no hood. He put it on. He took Kriid's iron sword, but decided to leave the daggers with the Kriid outfit. His good sword and Auriel's Bow were also in Skingrad. Once he was done with the Apocapher Crisis, he would go back to Skingrad and retrieve his items.​
Argon walked out of his room fully clothed and with the sword dangling at his side. He found that Serana, washed and fully clothed, the team, and Argon's daughters and their husbands were all sitting around the table and there was an empty chair left at the head of the table for Argon. Apparently, this morning before Argon had got up, Sheogorath had teleported to Argon's daughters and their husbands and had brought them back to Lakeview Manor so they too could reunite with him.​
After a breakfast full of eating, laughing, and joking around, the team decided to summon the Divines. They went down into the basement and they prayed at the shrines to the Divines Argon had made. The Divines appeared at the house to see what the heroes needed.​
"Argon? Is that really you?!" Akatosh asked shocked​
"Yes, it is really me." said Argon​
"This is amazing, now there is a chance to defeat Apocapher! The Dragonborn has returned!" exclaimed Talos​
"Let's have a party!" said Garnin​
They had a big celebration at the manor. The Divines were keeping them entertained with monsters to battle, and endless mead. They were all celebrating the return of the Dragonborn and the fall of Apocapher. There was more laughing, and drunken singing. It was so festive and fun, that Argon felt bad having to ruin it.​
"Everyone." Argon said standing on the table to get everyone's attention​
"Yes Argon?" asked Sheogorath​
"I can't beat Apocapher." said Argon​
"Well sure you can, you're the Dragonborn, that's his one weakness. Don't let his powers get to you." said Zenithar​
"No, I cannot beat him. I do not have the power to." said Argon​
"Argon what are you saying?" asked Akatosh​
"I'm saying," Argon began, "I'm not Dragonborn anymore."​

Chirurgeon

"Attack, and attack good. You can't really devise a plan with dragon attacks so we just have to wing it." said Nerevar

Loved that line....brilliant. haha. Great tale and now what will happen with him not being dragonborn!?

ultimatedovahkiin

Nice!! The end is a very big cliff hanger! Love the dialogue and the sloth! :D
Thanks, sorry the sloth didn't do much in the chapter other than hang from a truss and go to sleep, couldn't think of much else to do with him for this chapter since there were no dragons around to battle. Although, I was thinking, maybe he needs a name. Any ideas?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts