18+ The Prophecy of Apocapher

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Chirurgeon

There are so many Characters to sort out but I love the story. Interesting the banter of the divines in the early chapters....kind of an interesting twist on things :)

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
>3ing it so far :D. I really am curious about Kriid. Who is he? What's his past? What is his relationship with Argon? Lol , so many questions.

ultimatedovahkiin

Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.
There are so many Characters to sort out but I love the story. Interesting the banter of the divines in the early chapters....kind of an interesting twist on things :)

tell me what needs to be sorted out and I will do my best in upcoming chapters :) . And thanks, by making the Divines the Divines works so closely with the heroes, I've been sorta using that as a reference to show how powerful the heroes are if they can work with the gods and get them to go to events.

ultimatedovahkiin

>3ing it so far :D. I really am curious about Kriid. Who is he? What's his past? What is his relationship with Argon? Lol , so many questions.

Well, any question you have about Kriid will all be answered in just a few chapters. He is my biggest twist in all of my stories. I have actually given the character two twists. Two BIG twists.

ultimatedovahkiin

I have a three week health course to take this week and the two weeks after and it will get me out of health for the first semester, so I will probably only get chapters out over the weekend for the next two weekends. I will do my best to get one out each day of those weekends, I will see if I can get a chapter out over the week after the course is done for the day, but that might not happen. But here is a hint to Kriid for anyone who is wondering. He is in the game so you might wanna be familiar with that. He knows Argon very well but he also knows Sissel. Most characters who were adults in the game are either dead or old since this takes a couple decades after the game. He knows both Argon and Sissel, so perhaps he was an orphan. He lost his family as said, and so there is more to the possibility of him being an orphan, but also, he could be a follower Argon had. But he would have to be skilled and good at fighting. He is VERY familiar with Argon and knows him very well. He is in the game and some people always see him. Others only a few times, the rest never see him. So who could it be? Go back and review the game. Who would know the Dragonborn really well and would match each of these descriptions? If you know, or think you know, DO NOT post anything on here about it. Rather, message me if you desperately want to know. Either way, search or don't search, his identity will be revealed within the next few chapters.

ultimatedovahkiin

Just a quick warning. I seem to be having internet problems today, I think it may be fixed but just in case I wanted to come on here and warn everyone that if the internet problems continue there will likely be no chapters this weekend. And if they continue on for a while (which I doubt) then there may be no chapters for some time.

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 6: The Brotherhood Returns​
The team stood outside of Dawnstar, there was a hill in front of them so they could not see the city but they knew where they were.​
"Okay, so Nerevar, will you please tell us why we came to Dawnstar?" Fayen asked​
"Because, Argon used to lead the Dark Brotherhood, there is a Dark Brotherhood base here. Perhaps, Argon left something behind that might be able to help us." said Nerevar​
"Like what?" Garnin asked​
"Possibly an Elder Scroll. He had three of them, one of them was at Lakeview Manor. We lost that one when Argon went into Xan's portal so we have to find a new one. Maybe he left one here to keep it safe after he destroyed the Brotherhood." said Nerevar​
"Um..." Sheogorath began but he cut himself off. He was thinking about the scroll Akatosh had him write two years ago. But that one was with Akatosh and Sheogorath longed for anything that could have been used by his grandson so that he could hold onto it and have a memory of him. An Elder Scroll would be good.​
"Were you going to say something Sheogorath?" Nerevar asked​
"No, it's nothing let's just move on." said Sheogorath​
"Well, okay." said Nerevar​
"Do you guys smell that?" asked Garnin​
"Yeah, smells like smoke, must be a fire." said Nerevar shaking that off​
"A BIG fire." said Fayen​
"There are some hunters nearby, so what?" said Nerevar​
"No... It's not hunters, with the snow falling as hard as it is any campfire would be snuffed out. This fire is huge enough to survive the snow, but to make the fire that big there must be a lot of wood..." said Kriid working this out in his head, then he realized, "Dawnstar!"​
********​
The team raced across the hill to get to Dawnstar, they had no time to walk or lollygag. They raced over the hill, their weapons hitting their legs and in Garnin's case, his back. When they got to the bottom of the hill they stopped and were met with a tragic and gruesome sight. The city of Dawnstar was on fire. People were running and screaming into the water. But it was too cold, some jumped into the water and froze to death before they were able to surface and get out of the water. Other people went into the water but ran right back out not sure where to go. The water wasn't safe, and all the buildings were on fire. The guards were doing their best to keep people calm but they were failing. Then Nerevar noticed something, there were blue spectral people running around with knives, and daggers, and swords. They were going up to people and killing them. The city of Dawnstar was in total and utter chaos.​
The heroes ran into the city with their weapons drawn. They found the Guard Captain lying against a rock slowly bleeding out. An assassin had jumped out at him and stabbed him in the stomach with his dagger. The Captain sent the soul back to the Void and then slowly started to fall down. He was able to make it over to a rock before he collapsed and had pulled out the dagger. The dagger was lying next the his side in a pool of blood leaking from the wound. The dagger had blood streaked across its shiny silver blade.​
"Sir, are you alright?" asked Nerevar kneeling down in the pool of blood.​
"No... Slowly dying, thank the Divines you are here." said the Captain​
"What's going on here?" asked Nerevar​
"Not sure. A large dragon flew overhead a while ago. A few minutes later, the souls of dead assassins appeared and started burning the city." said the Captain, "Is the world ending?"​
Nerevar didn't want to upset the dying man but figured that he should have an answer. "Yes." he said​
"Then by the Divines, we need you five now more than ever." said the Captain​
"We will not fail. Don't you worry." said Nerevar​
"I have no doubts about that." said the Captain, he let out a big loud cough and blood came out of his mouth​
Nerevar pulled a healing potion out pf his side pouch and uncorked it. "Here drink this." he said​
Nerevar gently grabbed the man's head, but before he could touch the potion to his lips, the man passed on.​
A tear rolled down Nerevar's cheek and dropped off into the pool of blood he was still kneeling in. Nerevar put the cork back in the bottle and returned it to his pouch. He stood up, wiped off his face with the back of his gauntlet and turned to face the team.​
"So, it seems we have a slight change in plans. This man's death will not go unavenged. We must destroy the souls of the assassins and then get to the sanctuary. No doubt that is where the souls are coming from. We will weaken the influence of the souls here, then we will go into the sanctuary and destroy whatever it is that is generating these souls." said Nerevar​
"Alright. Let's get to it." said Fayen​
********​
The team split up to cover more of Dawnstar. Nerevar ran over to the building that had once been the home of a man named Silus. Argon had killed that man while trying to become each Prince's champion so that he could get them to stop messing with the mortals and bring about peace to Tamriel. In return for becoming Dagon's champion he got his dagger, Mehrunes' Razor. Nerevar wondered why it was called that? Did Mehrunes Dagon use that to shave? If he did, why would anyone want it so bad? Though, Nerevar had to remember he was guilty of using the razor as a weapon also. Oh, well there was work to be done.​
Nerevar grabbed his sword and blocked an oncoming attack from one of the assassins. He then kicked the assassin in the face, but his foot went right through it and Nerevar fell to the ground. Nerevar tried to get up, but the assassin knocked him back down his the hilt of his blade. The assassin stood on Nerevar's back with one foot. Nerevar had dropped his sword and it had landed a few feet away. He reach out to try to grab it but it was too far away. Nerevar lay on the ground for a minute trying to gain his strength to get the assassin off him. He had one shot, if he failed the assassin would kill him. It's a wonder that he hadn't yet. Nerevar rolled out from under the assassin, grabbed his sword, and when the assassin fell to the ground Nerevar drove his sword right through its back. The soul instantly disappeared and returned to the void, but a low layer, so low its impossible to escape from. However, the layer was not as deep as the layer Sithis was trapped on.​
More assassins grouped around Nerevar, he raised his sword and ran into the middle of them. He swung his sword and cut three in half sending them to the void. He ducked under a blade and stabbed the soul that had attacked him in the leg. The soul fell over and Nerevar "killed" it. He slashed from his right shoulder down to his left leg and in the process made a diagonal cut down another assassin. An assassin swung at him and he blocked it with his shield, he swung his sword and entered a sword lock. Both people were pushing their own swords, and right before Nerevar won, he was grabbed from behind. He had forgotten he was dealing with sneak assassins and that they would pul something like this. The assassin that had grabbed him had a hand across his stomach and a dagger to his throat.​
"Don't move." the assassin hissed into his ear​
"Let me go." said Nerevar through gritted teeth​
"Why try to stop him? It's impossible, he is too strong, too powerful the world is his, and the end will come." said the assassin​
"That means the end of you too." said Nerevar​
"No, because when Apocapher makes his own world, all who served him will be brought back to life, and will live good and prosperous lives forever. There will be no heroes like you there to try and 'save the world'" said the assassin​
"You're right about one thing. There won't be any heroes there, because that world will never come. I will see to it myself that even if we don't save this world, Apocapher will die." said Nerevar​
"Nerevar! Don't move!" yelled Kriid.​
A dagger flew through the air and hit the assassin in the head, the assassin instantly disappeared back to the void. Nerevar fell to the ground, and Kriid was by his side offering him his hand. Nerevar took it and Kriid pulled him up.​
"I talked to Sheogorath, Fayen, and Garnin. They agreed to stay here and protect the city while you and I go into the Sanctuary and find out what is causing all this. And, um, find some sort of relic Argon left behind when he yah know, died..." Kriid faltered on the last part, the upset at the mention of Argon and his death returned to him​
Nerevar noticed this, and once again a flame was lit in him to want to find out this man's connection to the team's former member.​
"Alright, let's go." Nerevar said​
********​
"Why are we going in this way?" asked Nerevar as they opened up the secret entrance to the Sanctuary.​
"Because, the souls are probably coming from the front door, it would be too crowded and dangerous to go that way." Kriid said​
"Makes sense I guess." said Nerevar​
Nerevar was the first one down the ladder, then came Kriid. Nerevar had never been there, this place actually look pretty cool to him. Kriid came down the ladder and memories of his time in the Dark Brotherhood started coming back to him. Every time he thought of killing someone innocent, he winced.​
"What are you thinking about?" asked Nerevar​
"My time as an assassin." Kriid said​
"That's right, you were an assassin." said Nerevar​
"Yeah." said Kriid​
"Tell me again why I should trust you?" said Nerevar​
"It's not important right no-- What in Oblivion is that?!" exclaimed Kiid​
"What?" asked Nerevar following Kriid's gaze​
"Holy plops...." said Nerevar "A hole to the Void..."​
"We have to close it." said Kriid​
"How?!" Nerevar asked, "Last time we had to close one, Argon used a shout to restore order and close it. Now we have no shout, and no Dragonborn to use it!"​
"There is not enough chaos generated to free him, meaning Apocapher must have opened it. Since he is part daedra he probably used the traditional way of keeping a portal open, yes this one actually is a portal. Meaning there must be a Sigil Stone somewhere, somewhere inside." said Kriid​
"Inside the VOID?! Are you crazy?!" exclaimed Nerevar​
"Yes. Now are you coming or what?" asked Kriid jumping into the portal​
"Guess so." Nerevar muttered and he followed Kriid​

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 7: In the Void​
"You've got to be kidding me. We are actually here. In the Void. Where all chaos exists and we could very well die." said Nerevar the evil and chaos of the place was so great, that it caused one of Tamriel's greatest heroes to panic.​
Kriid was not so affected. "Meh." he simply said​
"How can you be so cool about this???" Nerevar asked​
"I was part of the Dark Brotherhood before, the Void and all its chaos doesn't scare me. And it shouldn't scare you either Nerevar, you have been in many dangerous and chaotic situations before. If my memory is correct, you were sucked into the Void during the Soul Wars, remember?" Kriid said​
"But I didn't go all the way in, well I did, but I was hanging onto the edge as I was being sucked in, I never actually touched ground like I am now." said Nerevar​
"But still you were in it, you were even in the presence of Sithis himself, master of the Void, and you were much more brave then." argued Kriid​
"I know, I know. Don't tell anyone I said this because I will deny it but, you're right Kriid. I shouldn't be freaking out so much, I am a strong and powerful hero. It's just that, things have changed since Argon died. Everyone is acting different, Garnin and Fayen hide it the best. But me and Sheogorath? We just can't take it. Sheogorath is just so upset over the loss of him. He loved Argon so much, and now he has no family. They all died long ago. Me? I lost one of my best friends, he was also the person I looked up to. Me, Indoril Nerevar, saint to the Dunmer people, and I am was looking up to someone. But to make matters even worse, now I am left in charge of the team. I have to carry the weight of the team's lives, and the live's of everyone on Tamriel. Also, Argon was such a great leader, he did so well in this position, I have tried so hard, but I will never live up to him." as Nerevar talked he grew sad​
"Nerevar..." Kriid began, he too was deeply saddened by the story​
Nerevar noticed Kriid's sadness and wondered, why did Kriid care so much? Why did HE get upset? Was Nerevar's story really that powerful?​
"Whatever." said Nerevar, "We got work to do."​
********​
The Void was just as the name described it. A void. A big red world of nothing. There were lost souls, sure, but that was pretty much it. From the amount of evil around them, Kriid guessed they were on the fifth layer. The sixth was where any souls went after they were killed as a soul. There was no way out of there, unless in the event of a battle between Sithis and Anu. But that wouldn't happen, Sithis was trapped on the seventh layer, the very bottom. Down there, there is nothing. No lost souls, no souls who were killed as a soul. Nothing. Well, except for a trapped god-like being who had no chance of escaping, because since he was the Void, as he grew stronger, so did the Void. And that made it impossible for him to break out. Oh but he tried, he had tried so much during the two years he had been trapped. But it never worked, he was stuck. Stranded in his own realm. He hated Argon for that. He hated him so much. The embarrassment caused by Argon. Sithis had a master plan to take over the world, and it would have worked. It almost did, it had taken so many decades, but Sithis had finally done it, he had opened up a hole that lead to the Void. He would have taken the world over, had it not been for argon turning into a damn dragon and kicking his ass. Then, to make matters worse, Argon trapped him. It was his realm! His realm! And he was trapped in it! He could not break free! He did everything he could, but nothing seemed to work. Sometimes Sithis really hated being the Void. But perhaps he could cheer himself up at least for a while by taking out some heroes who seemed to stumble into the Void.​
"Okay, so do you see any fortress around here?" asked Nerevar​
"No, I don't, I don't see anything around here except poor lost souls who are stranded here forever." said Kriid​
"Where are all of the assassins though?" asked Nerevar​
"Probably at the fortress waiting their turn to get out and wreak havoc on Tamriel. Damn Apocapher, opening a portal to the Void. Sithis couldn't open it himself, but Apocapher could. Just because he has the powers to end the world." said Kriid​
"Well we need to find a fortress, it should be big and yah know, fortress like." said Nerevar​
"Would it be made of rock, look like a castle, and have a beam shooting out of the very top of the biggest tower?" asked Kriid​
"I suppose it might, why?" asked Nerevar​
"Because I just found it." said Kriid pointing to a big fortress​
********​
The fortress was crawling with assassins, everywhere Kriid and Nerevar looked there was an assassin. Each one armed to the teeth with daggers and other weapons. Nerevar cast an invisibility spell on both himself and Kriid. They sneaked through the front gate of the fortress and were in the courtyard. In front of them about a hundred yards away was the big tower. They slowly and carefully sneaked over to the door, Kriid stood up and put his hand on the door handle, then there was a cold and commanding voice heard throughout the Void. "No, no no, that simply won't do. Invisibility? That's cheating. No, no, I have a better idea." said Sithis​
Suddenly, the invisibility disappeared and Kriid and Nerevar were visible to every assassin. Kriid drew two daggers, Nerevar drew his sword. The assassins drew their weapons and awaited the command.​
"Destroy the heroes." said Sithis​
There it was. The assassins attacked.​
"What's the plan?" Kriid asked Nerevar​
"Run. Open the door and run. Kill anyone who gets in the way, but DO NOT STOP!" said Nerevar as he fended off an oncoming assassin​
"Ready?!" asked Kriid, he stabbed one of his daggers into an assassins forehead, he brought the blade down its face and cut a long line through it. He pulled out the dagger, spun around and stabbed another right in the chest. Both souls disappeared.​
"READY!" answered Nerevar​
Kriid flung open the door. With Nerevar close behind he ran, he found a door leading to a spiral staircase, they ran up the stairs while killing all who dared try to stop them. About halfway up the tower, Nerevar took a blade to the face. A long gash was cut across his cheek and blood started pouring out. "Gah!" he yelled​
Kriid ran over and using his hands caught the assassin's blade as it came down about to slice Nerevar in half. Kriid with his hands holding the blade in place gave a big thrust on the blade and the assassin's arms forced forced back, the hilt of the sword broke through the assassin's armor and stuck out his backside. Needless to say, he went to the next layer of the Void.​
Kriid knelt down next to Nerevar, "Are you okay?" he asked​
"I'll be fine, let's go!" Nerevar said​
"No, you're bleeding, you will bleed out before we make it to the top, and that is not an option." said Kriid​
"You're so much like him...." Nerevar said​
"Like who?" Kriid asked​
"Argon. Not leaving a member behind, helping people out even if they don't seem to like you. How do you know him?" Nerevar asked​
"Now's not the time." Kriid answered​
"You keep saying that, but I want to know." said Nerevar​
"Maybe, eventually I will tell you. Everything. My connection to Argon, where I got my skills, and why Argon and I are so much alike." said Kriid​
"Did you and him train together? To fight?" asked Nerevar​
"Yes. But that's all I'm telling you for now." Kriid answered finally revealing somewhat of his past​
"Alright. Let's go." said Nerevar he pulled out the potion he had previously intended to give to the guard captain, he drank the potion and the gash magically disappeared​
********​
They finally made it to the top, in the middle of the room, in the middle of a beam of light, the Sigil Stone sat. The duo made their way to the top and as Kriid reached out to grab it, a powerful force grabbed him and held him in place.​
"You just won't stop will you?" asked Sithis from the seventh layer​
"Not until the gate is closed." said Nerevar​
"Well that's too bad, you see, my assassins need to take over Dawnstar." said Sithis​
"Never going to happen." said Kriid​
"Ah, Kriid, the 'chosen one' as you would be called. It seems you have many secrets, secrets even I cannot access, how do you do that? Keep things from me?" Sithis asked with legit curiousity​
"I used to be part of the Dark Brotherhood, I am trained to resist the Void." said Kriid​
"Ah, so an assassin. Did you betray the order also? Now you have returned to finish off those who exist only as souls?"​
"I have come here to save a city and later the world." said Kriid​
"Too bad here is where you will die." said Sithis​
"Sorry if I'm killing the moment or something but, why did we appear so far away from the fortress when the portal is in this room? And where are the assassins?" asked Nerevar​
"Simple, I made it so anyone entering the Void through that portal will appear randomly a good distance away from the portal so that there is a better chance to kill them. The assassins are here, they are just in the shadows." said Sithis​
Sure enough, a few hundred assassins emerged from the shadows with their weapons drawn.​
"We knew you would be here soon, so we decided to stop sending people out so that they can slowly and painfully kill you. Then, once you are dead, we will unmask you Kriid and learn the truth." said Sithis​
"If anyone is going to learn the truth, it sure as hell won't be you." said Kriid​
Kriid then using his ability to resist the Void broke free of the binding force.​
"KILL HIM!" shouted Sithis​
The assassins came at him. Kriid ducked under a sword and spun around on the ground and went behind the assassin. He stabbed it with his dagger. He got up and threw a dagger across the room to an assassin about to kill Nerevar. He then slashed from his left leg up to his right shoulder and killed a soul. As the souls grew more powerful Kriid started getting beat. Finally, he ran through the assassins, which was easy considering they were souls, and tackled the Sigil Stone out of the beam. He fell to the ground but before he hit, him and Nerevar disappeared.​
********​
Kriid and Nerevar were laying on the snow in Dawnstar. Kriid was hugging a Sigil Stone in his arms. The pair stood up and saw Dawnstar completely free from fire and assassins. Though there would be plenty of rebuilding to do, or not, since if they beat Apocapher everything goes back to normal. If they don't, the world ends.​
"The assassins stopped coming a while ago, after they stopped we used ice magic to put out the fires." said Fayen​
"It was rather depressing really, fire is just so much fun to play with! I don't see why these people were so scared." said Sheogorath​
"Well great job." said Nerevar​
"Did you find anything in the Sanctuary?" asked Garnin​
"No, we didn't even check. We went into the damn Void and slightly battled Sithis though." said Kriid​
"So should we go look for something?" asked Fayen​
"No. I have an idea, perhaps we can tap into this Sigil Stone's magic and use that to our advantage." said Kriid​
"But we don't have the tools to do that." said Fayen​
"True, but I know a place that does." said Kriid​
"Where?" asked Nerevar​
"The old abandoned Arcane University in the Imperial City." said Kriid​

Chirurgeon

I just finished chapter six and I really liked the battle with the Assasin souls. I could almost picture a layer of mist intermingling with the snow as the souls did their deadly dance :) One thing: " An assassin sung at him" I think you meant swung as singing would not likely do to much damage ;) Anyway i will get around to reading chapter seven in a bit. Great job.

ultimatedovahkiin

I just finished chapter six and I really liked the battle with the Assasin souls. I could almost picture a layer of mist intermingling with the snow as the souls did their deadly dance :) One thing: " An assassin sung at him" I think you meant swung as singing would not likely do to much damage ;) Anyway i will get around to reading chapter seven in a bit. Great job.

lol, the assassin used to be a bard! XD didn't catch that haha, thanks, i'll fix that. Glad you're liking the story.

Chirurgeon

Ok finished the last part and loved the battle and how he grabbed the sigil stone just before they were almost killed. I love how your characters maintain humor in the most morbid of situations. It really is fun to read :)

ultimatedovahkiin

Ok finished the last part and loved the battle and how he grabbed the sigil stone just before they were almost killed. I love how your characters maintain humor in the most morbid of situations. It really is fun to read :)

thank you, get ready though, because within the next few chapters Kriid will be unmasked.

ultimatedovahkiin

Internet problems again yesterday. About to begin next chapter.

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 8: Arcane University​
It was a cold and snowy day in the ruins of the Imperial City. Apocapher's attack had really taken its toll. Buildings were reduced to rubble, there were scorch marks in the ground. Blood stains from where people tripped and scrapped themselves, and even a few dead bodies that had yet to be carried off to the Hall of the Dead. Everyone knew what had happened, but no one could completely grasp who this man was or how he had so much power. The only thing they understood was, the world was going to end.​
Kriid and the team wandered through the broken city, Kriid holding tightly to his Sigil Stone as if letting it go meant the end of the world. It kind of did, if something happened to this source of power, then they would have no chance against Apocapher and all would be lost. He wasn't even sure what they were going to do with the stone though. Some how use it to enchant a sword to defeat him? That seemed reasonable, but Kriid wasn't sure. This was a different Sigil Stone than the normal ones, this one held the power of the Void instead of Oblivion. But that meant they had to be extra careful around this stone as it held the power of chaos. This mysterious Sigil Stone was their ticket to saving the world. Wasn't it? Kriid wasn't sure, he thought it was and he wanted it to be, but he didn't feel it was. He knew why the Divines had thought Kriid was the key, they had sensed some sort of strange power in him. A power he no longer had, a power that while he still had it that maybe it would have been able to stop Apocapher, but it was gone now. That he was sure of. He didn't have the heart to tell this to the team because they were counting on him, relying on him, they knew all hope was with him. He couldn't break their hope, it was the only thing that kept them going. They knew they were defeated, they were fighting a losing battle, but if they had even the tiniest sliver of hope, it would carry them to the last layer of the Void and back. Kriid sighed.​
"You alright?" asked Fayen​
"Yeah, fine but---" began Kriid but cut himself off​
"But what?" Fayen asked​
"Nothing, its nothing..." Kriid said​
"Damn shame aint it? This city being destroyed like that? I can't believe it, the whole place was so festive and happy, the next, people were dying, fires were burning, and an insane man with the power to destroy the universe was flying around on a dragon killing everyone." said Fayen​
"You're just a big ray of sunshine aren't you?" joke Kriid​
"I will admit, I am rather hot." said Fayen​
Kriid laughed.​
"So look, why won't you tell us who you are? It's not like we know you or anything, what's the harm in you telling us? Even if you are some sort of, I don't know, escaped criminal who killed a thousand people and some how got away, we won't care. We are a team. Besides, right now, with Tamriel in crumbles there is no law for us to turn you in to." said Fayen​
"Look, Fayen, I like you and all, but its just not time." said Kriid​
"Then when will it be time?" Fayen asked, "When the world is over and it doesn't matter anymore?"​
"Perhaps it will be soon. Just not now." said Kriid​
"Guys." Nerevar said, "We're here."​
********​
The Arcane University, Sheogorath's magic school. He had owned it before he became Sheogorath and he was still Tamiir. Come to think of it, he owned all big factions in Cyrodiil. Kriid was tasked with using the stone's power to make whatever it was that would be used to defeat Apocapher. He was based in the Imperial Orrery because from there he could use the power of the big machine to help assist him in his endeavor to build a powerful weapon that would be used against Apocapher.​
"Alright, so everyone else go out and look around the University for supplies, like potions, or spell tomes, or scrolls, things like that." said Nerevar​
"Excuse me Nerevar, if you wouldn't mind, this is MY University, so I will be giving the orders of what to do while on this campus." said Sheogorath​
"Um.... sure thing." said Nerevar keeping the Madgod happy. He knew Sheogorath wouldn't hurt him, they were friends and Sheogorath was a hero of Tamriel just like him. But he was still unpredictable and Nerevar would rather have the same nightmare that Apocapher had been inducing on him each night, rather than even dream about what Sheogorath might do to him if he decided to go and do an unpredictable act like that.​
"Thank you Debby." said Sheogorath bowing in front of Nerevar​
Nerevar was confused "Debby? What the--"​
"My FIRST order of business, is for you all to do exactly what Nerevar just told you to do, while I search each room for my hidden Eidar Cheese which I hid here a couple hundred years ago." said Sheogorath​
"I'm gonna go and get to work now...." said Kriid stepping into the Orrery​
********​
Kriid was getting annoyed, he hadn't even began to tap into the stone's power. He didn't want to mess up, this was his ONE chance. He only got one of them, and if he messed up, he might as well pack his bags and kiss the Universe goodbye.​
"THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!!!" shouted Kriid throwing a dagger across the room​
The dagger stuck deep into the wall, only the hilt sticking out.​
"I would hate to be in a fight with you." said Sheograth taking a bite out of his Eidar Cheese​
It seemed to have mold on it, or was it mold? You never could tell with Eidar Cheese, mold and the cheese look a like.​
"I see you found your cheese. How's it taste?" asked Kriid quickly pulling his hood up to shield his face from Sheogorath's wandering eyes​
"It tastes amazing! Just as good as when I hid it centuries ago! I think... I can't really remember how it tasted back then." Sheogorath said​
"Isn't it stale? I mean, its been hidden away without being touched for a couple hundred years..." said Kriid​
"Yes, it is stale, so? Cheese is cheese whether melted, fried, stale, or molded." said Sheogorath, "You want some?"​
"I'll pass, thanks though." said Kriid​
"More for me." Sheogorath said "So how is the work coming?"​
"Not very well, I don't know what to transfer the magic to. And I don't want to try because if I screw up, then we are out of hope." said Kriid​
"There is always hope, even where it seems there is not. At the beginning of the Oblivion Crisis, there seemed to be no hope. Then I came along and started closing Oblivion Gates. Is there any free daedra in Tamriel now?" said Sheogorath​
Kriid simply pointed at Sheogorath​
"Okay you got me, so there is a free daedra, but my point was, even when there seems like there is no hope, there is. And a hero can come from anywhere." said Sheogorath​
"When did the Madgod become so wise?" asked Kriid​
"I don't know really, it sort of just happens. I'm unpredictable, remember?"​
Kriid chuckled​
Nerevar came in the room. "How's the work going?" he asked​
"Not so well, I'm afraid I might mess up." said Kriid​
"Well you need to suck it up and get to work! This isn't let's laugh and hang out time! All of Tamriel is hanging by a thread! The thread of us making a weapon and you using it against Apocapher!" said Nerevar​
"Damn Nerevar calm down..." said Kriid​
"No I won't calm down! Not while you two think that it's damn play time!"​
"plops dude...." said Sheogorath​
"Shut up right now!" said Nerevar​
Kriid was growing angry, "You sit your fat elf butt down and stop yelling at everyone before I come over there and beat your ass!"​
"I'm not an elf anymore I'm a nord, and how about you shut your damn whatever race you are mouth and start tapping into the magic!" said Nerevar​
"I will fly over there and stab you before you can even count to three." said Kriid​
"Calm down the lot of you, if you want some cheese you can have some." said Sheogorath​
"And you! Thinking you get to take power from me just because you are a Daedric Prince and own this campus. You shut up!" said Nerevar​
"I always knew you were a bitch Nerevar." said Sheogorath​
"You wanna know a bitch?! Look at a mirror! You know why Arogn sacrificed himself?! Because of YOU! He hated you! He didn't sacrifice himself to destroy Xan and Alduin, he did it to get away from your dumb ass!" shouted Nerevar​
Sheogorath was appalled. He got right up in Nerevar's face, he drew his sword and was about to slash his head off. Nerevar blocked the attack with his sword and the two got ready to fight. Kriid ran up to them and pushed them away from each other.​
"Stop it now!" he shouted​
"Go away!" shouted Nerevar "No one knows who you are! Nobody here trusts you! I bet you aren't even a real hero! I bet you didn't lose your family, I bet you abandoned them! I bet they hate you as much as I hate you!"​
A tear ran down Kriid's face, he wiped it away and pulled out his sword, "Now you've done it..." he snarled​
Kriid raised his sword and joined in the stance that Nerevar and Sheogorath were doing. The heroes charged. Right as they were about to run into each other, Fayen and Garnin who had heard the commotion burst through the doors and pushed the heroes away from each other.​
"What are you doing?!" Fayen shouted​
"Get out of the way." said Kriid​
"Not until you explain what is going on." Fayen said​
The three heroes went into a big ramble of he did this and he did that.​
"Don't you get it? The stone is making you go crazy, Apocapher is using his power to release the hate and anger from the stone and use it on you!" explained Fayen​
"You're wrong. Kriid is just a bitch and no one likes him." said Nerevar​
"Yeah, well you think you are so high and mighty, thinking you can live up to Argon, you never will." Kriid said​
"Garnin! Smash the stone!" Fayen said right as the heroes were about to attack again.​
"Yes sir." Garnin said​
Garnin drew his war axe, ran up to the stone, and smashed it to pieces.​
Instantly the influence disappeared. Everything went back to normal.​
"Son of a bitch...." said Kriid holding his head​
"Geez, guys.... I'm sorry, I didn't mean any of that...." said Nerevar​
"Neither did I." said Kriid​
"Nor I." said Sheogorath​
"It's alright you guys, it was Apocapher, he was trying to make you go crazy and kill each other. But for him to know about the stone and be able to control it, he must be close. Quick. Let's get outside." said Fayen​
********​
The heroes ran out side and through the gates, in the Courtyard behind the main building of the University, Apocapher floated on a dragon.​
"So you seem to have not killed each other. How sad. I guess I will have to do this the old fashioned way." Apocapher said​
He clapped his hands three times and grabbed the reins on his dragon.​
"You clapped... So what?" asked Kriid​
"You'll see..." Apocapher grinned and flew off​
A few minutes later as the team stood there dazzed and confused, a dragon landed in front of them. A legendary dragon with scales as sharp as Mehrunes' Razor, and scales as red as blood. It let out a loud roar which was followed by a burst of fire.​
*Sorry for the profanity in this chapter, it was to add suspense to their fight.*​

ultimatedovahkiin

just a quick update while I'm thinking about it, the next chapter will probably be a relatively short chapter as it is going to revolve only around the heroes fight with the dragon which I will do my best to expand into a battle longer than just a few paragraphs.

Chirurgeon

Wow I really loved this chapter. I was laughing at some of this quite often.
"I always knew you were a bitch Nerevar." said Sheogorath
"You wanna know a bitch?! Look at a mirror! You know why Arogn sacrificed himself?! Because of YOU! He hated you! He didn't sacrifice himself to destroy Xan and Alduin, he did it to get away from your dumb ass!" shouted Nerevar
That was a classic exchange. I love it

ultimatedovahkiin

Wow I really loved this chapter. I was laughing at some of this quite often.
"I always knew you were a bitch Nerevar." said Sheogorath
"You wanna know a bitch?! Look at a mirror! You know why Arogn sacrificed himself?! Because of YOU! He hated you! He didn't sacrifice himself to destroy Xan and Alduin, he did it to get away from your dumb ass!" shouted Nerevar
That was a classic exchange. I love it

haha thank you thank you *bows* I really enjoyed writing that part, it was meant to be for the previous story, but after I started developing ideas for this one, I decided it was better suited for this story.

ultimatedovahkiin

So, what should be expected for the next two chapters? Well, the next chapter and the chapter after that will be the main turning points in the story, making them rather important though they will probably be kinda short. In the next chapter, you can expect an epic dragon battle as the heroes struggle to stay alive and defeat this menace Apocapher has thrust upon them, then, Kriid finally decides it is time and he unmasks himself, much to the team's shock. In chapter 10 Kriid will explain some much needed background to the team. The team is shocked by this revelation and prepare for an end battle against Apocapher (don't worry that won't happen until chapter 19 or 20). These next two chapter are the turning point in the story, as they encase the two biggest twists ever in one of my fanfics which will greatly influence the whole story. This story is also meant to be a turning point in my series as it and the next one will pave the way for an ultimate battle in the fifth story which yes it has a plot decided. A decision will soon be made on whether or not the fifth story which also has a name, will be the last one, a possibility is it won't and instead it will just be a story arc.

Anyways, onto a big question, who is Kriid? Of course I can't just tell you right here, that would ruin all of the careful planning and stage setting that I have done throughout this story. I want this moment to be a shock, a surprise, and very suspenseful, so I have decided though to supply you with a list of possible suspects. Remember though there is still the possibility that none of these characters whom I shall name are Kriid, but, one of them may be. So, simply take each character whose name I will supply and try to match each hint to them, remember though, EVERY hint dropped must match up with the character and you have to be sure that all information given on Kriid will fit the character. So, here are the names.

Onmund
Esbern
Vilkas
Farkas
Any male child from the orphanage
Aventus Arentino
Brynjolf
Hakon One-Eye
Joric
Felldir the Old

So there you go, will matching be difficult? Yes, it will, but trust me, once Kriid is revealed if you have not figured out who he is, you will probably kick yourself. Am I excited for this moment? Yes, very. Once he is revealed and the hints explained, then it will make sense and you will realize how easy it was and how one little thing can hold prevent you from knowing the truth. Match suspects or not, either way Kriid will be unmasked and his identity know to you all.

ultimatedovahkiin

I guess I know who it is :D. But like you said , they might not be from one of those characters. This is such a suspenseful story man :D. Good job.

thank you glad you are enjoying it. Everything will make sense when Kriid removes his hood.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts