18+ The Monastery on Top of the Mountain

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
    The Prophecy of the Dragonborn happened nigh on 200 years ago. After the slaying of Parthurnax, the leader of the Greybeards, the Greybeards fell weak. They passed away quickly after the defeat of Miraak. High Hrothgar fell silent, and in time Dovahkiin died. The world fell silent from the shouts of mortals, and soon the Dragons became recluse, only coming out of their hiding places to feed. The Dark Brotherhood also fell to the Dragonborn's hand, leaving people speculating how the world of crime still spun.

100 years after the Dragonborn's death, the Monastery became active again. People began to notice Pilgrims going up the Mountain, but not back down, with a Blue Mountain Flower. The League was recruiting. Legend has it that after the downfall of the Dark Brotherhood, a new League of Assassins was created. But these were no ordinary assassins. They believed in Justice, and to restore balance to the corrupt. This is what the common person believes of us.

You traveled the world... Now you must journey inwards... to what you really fear... it's inside you... there is no turning back. Your training is nothing. The will is everything. If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely. Are you ready to begin?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You are a member of "The League", a recluse band of assassins who believe in Justice and Natural balance and will stop at nothing to make sure their way is seen. This thread is about their doings, and interelationships.

Rules:
    1)No Godmodding
    2)No Controlling of others characters without permission
    3)Use good grammer and punctuation
    4)Choose from a position of Mentor (If so of which weapon), New Comer or Student. Each will have different types of missions given out in the RP by yours truely.
    5)The Geographical Boundaries of this RP are where you can get to with all DLC plus some slight going over of borders into surrounding countries (So North of Cyrodiil, West of Morrowind etc.)

Characters:
    Sid - Grand Master and Mentor of the Kama, The Kusarigama and Theatricality and Deception - Master Azai Tomotami
    UnLonged - Full Agent of the League - Malpenar Valeius
    MagicBlade - Mentor of the Bow - Val
    Writes-Many-Posts - Newcomer - Jaxx von Helfert
    Specter of Death - Mentor of Destruction - Aharon Vitus Silvanus
    Blackdoom59 - - Fenves Dres

MagicBlade

Instinctive
    Val was sitting on the icy roof of High Hrothgar, cloak swaddled around him and his hood covering his face. His bow was inside, but he still had his daggers. He was motionless, almost as if a statue adorning the temple, watching the snowy path of the 7,000 steps. The icy winds sent snow all over Val, and he decided he'd go inside. He leapt from the roof, landing gracefully on the snow. He turned, dusted himself of, and walked inside. The great iron doors creaked and echoed in the stone halls of High Hrothgar. He looked around and noticed the foyer was empty. Shrugging, he walked over to his room. He found his room the way he left it, bow laying on his bed, and some basic clothes hanging on a chair. He swiftly got changed in the privacy of a canvas screen, and lay on his bed. He pondered his role here, and many other things that troubled the mind of the skilled battler. He wondered where Azai may be, but before long here fell asleep.

Sorry it's really boring, just something to get started,

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
    Another frustrating day inside High Hrothgar. Jaxx couldn't bring himself to leave the desk he was sitting in front of, for its grim candle was the little warmth he could get. The memory of that day was still bright and clear, and it didn't allow him to forgive himself for letting the Thalmor defeat him...

The small rail wagon was being pushed by the redguard Jaxx had just saved, while her 'heroic savior' was sitting comfortably inside it. "Can't you push faster, Umana? I really need to deliver this dwemer Idol back to the client in Ivarstead..." And in reply, the redguard said "hrumph! You could help me push this damn heavy thing!" But the mere thought of abandoning his newly found treasure made Jaxx's skin cripple. "Meh, I am good with this speed..." A real gentleman... Slowly, Umana's steps became faster and her push stronger, until the speed was enough to allow her to jump inside the wagon as well. Still gasping from exhaustion, she muttered in an angry tone. "You're lucky you helped me finding a way out..." And von Helfert proudly nodded. "Yes, that I did! Now all I have to do is steering this kart out of Alftand and my payment should be enough to live in luxury for two more years... Warm baths, foreign wines... I can already imagine that... Hey, you should stay in Skyrim, I might need help finding a treasure in two years..." To Jaxx's offence, the redguard sarcastically laughed. "Yeah, right... With your expenses we would hardly make a profit..." The breton shrugged his shoulders and focused on aiming to the track that leaded to the light of freedom, until the thought of the Thalmor grabbing another wagon thundered his mind. "Uhm... Umana... Do you mind steering? I would like to watch our backs to remember how the tracks were like..." It seemed to be a good lie, but the woman immediatly figured out his intentions. "You are afraid the elves may catch us...?" "Yes, I've worked very hard to get this Idol, okay?" She did as he told, and Jaxx was able to spend a few calm minutes staring at the dark they were slowly abandoning. But a sudden movement made him widen his eyes once again. "W-What's that?" The familiar clacking sound made Jaxx realize quickly that their pursuers weren't elves, but something a lot worse. "Chaurus! Nononono!" Horrible centipide-like giants were taking over the walls of the tunnel, crawling at a frightening speed in their direction, gaining closure every second. "Go faster!" The breton said as he jabbed his sword's jade tip on the hard chitin of one of the crawlies, almost to no avail. "This isn't an engine! We can't just control the speed other than pushing!" In his lightning thoughts, Jaxx remembered to use his sword as a paddle, pressing it against the stone wall to push the dwarven wagon a little faster. The light was near, they could see the exit getting bigger and closer. Unfortunately, they only noticed that the rail hadn't been finished once they were already outside, which meant the vehicle was sent flying in an insane stunt, letting its passengers avoid a death at the jaws of chaurus, while making them susceptible to a falling death, crushed by a steel wagon. Once the wheels were no longer trampling snow, but rock, the infernal squeak started to echo, as well as Jaxx's fearful screams. "We're doomed! It's useless to try to steer this! Our death is waiting!" But Umana managed to focus on the road, dodging as many rocks as she could, until they both managed to get to a road that was descending. Von Helfert sighed of relief as he pushed both his legs above one of the walls of the kart. "Phew, I knew we could make it..." The redguard rolled her eyes in an angry, yet unsurprised way. Jaxx headed to the descending side of the road while Umana went up, being their last words to each other "Think about my offer!" "Humph!" Jaxx whistled as he held the dwemer Idol in his arms like a baby, merrily strolling on the road, until an eagle flew near him and buried its claws on a gap between the arm and body of the sculpture. The tresure's claimer obviously fought back and pulled the treasure back to his chest. "Just because it is shiny it doesn't mean it is yours! Let it go!" Since the bird was facing some unexpected difficulties, another came to its aid and attacked von Helfert's hair, making him release the precious and shoo the winged enemy with both his hands. All he could see afterwards was the eagle going to a Justiciar's arm, as a greedy smile blossomed on his face. "Loved the show, Helfert, but we will take it from here!" Two Thalmor soldiers unsheathed battle axes and tailed him all the way to Ivarstead, where he finally lost them because of a friendly bear that attacked them on the road. The idol was lost, and so was his money.

Such memory caused Jaxx to angrily stab the wooden desk with one of his prized Emberald daggers as a tear of rage slid down his cheek. "Damn Thalmor..." He complained, pulling his chair closer to the only flame in his sight, being the candle such.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    (I am just going to use a pre-post I did for this thread, in the public Tavern's thread)

I pushed the door to the Inn hesitantly. The last time I came into a place like this, I was attacked. Not an experience I care to relive. I walked in, my cowl guarding my face, my hood on. The stares from those around me made me think. I look like a damn fool. I pulled the hood and cowl off of my head and face, revealing my identity. The Barmaid stared at me with suspicion. I could feel her eyes staring at my scars. "Mead," I spoke sternly, dropping 5 septims on the counter. Why do they always stare?

She set the bottle on the counter, then collected my coins. I grabbed the mead, and turned in my seat to survey the room. The cold mead passed down my pallet, delicious and refreshing. A privilege I wish I got more of, I thought, continuing to look around. "Talos preserve me," I heard to my right, from a secluded corner. Some murmers of Thalmor and the Great War near the door. Busy night, guess I should do the same.

I took another sip of my mead, then set it on the counter. I pulled the small blue flower from my belt pouch. Damn, I hop the rumors are true. Redemption awaits me. Just then a Nord man approached me. "You an Alchemist?" he spoke loud, and slurred. Drunk rot, I thought staring at him. "I dabble," I responded vaguely, staring at the flower, hunched over the counter. "Meh," He moaned, "Who needs potions, When you got the Blood of the NORTH?" He half yelled. His hand swung, and struck me in the back as he spoke. The mead in his tankard spilling to the floor.

Drunk oaf, I continued thinking. I looked at him, while standing, to meet his gaze. Time for some fun, I placed my hand on his shoulder. Guiding his gaze. "Well, Draiif was just telling me Skyrim belongs to the Dunmer," I said, with a sense of control, "I think it belongs to Ulfric and the True Nords. Friend." I stared at him with a grin, as he stared at me with a sense of agreement. "Skyrim belongs to the NORDS!" He yelled, throwing his tankard across the room at a random Dunmer man. Feeble minded fool, I thought as he continued to walk towards him.

I returned to my thoughts as the Man started the small brawl. Best depart. I finished my mead, then returnd my cowl and hood on my head. I walked to the door, dodging a plate as it flew past my head. The door opened to reveal Whiterun. I gazed south, towards my destination. The Throat of the World was glowing faintly in the Dawn's Light. Long journey, it better be worth it all.

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
    (Sorry it's so short. I'll edit it later)

The Master stood on top of the wooden poles, shirtless, ignoring the cold. Silent, the wooden poles and members stood still. "Go." Azai muttered the single word, and flipped backwards, spinning as he did so, landing clean on the pole directly behind him. Darts were let loose from the wall, shooting across the room. Onlookers had awe spread across their faces. Azai's body moved in ways most people couldn't, the gyroscopic movements confused many of the apprentices. Leaping, he flipped onto the ground, two feet planted not an inch away from each other.

He stamped his foot, and at once the darts stopped, and the pillars fell into the ground. He reached for his brown leather jacket, and put it on in a swift movement. He stalked out of the room, chest showing under his jacket.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts