OOC The Militia [Currently Recruiting]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    Hello people! I am going to try and make this a good rp thread and please take note that i am new at this. Other than that, here we go....

"Skyrim is corrupt. Jarls, citizens and generals bribe and blackmail. Thalmor agents work within the ranks of the Imperial Legion and Stormcloak Army, as well as a group of people carefully placed agents working to rise above all others. You can't let this happen to Skyrim. Those looking for gold and coin, honour and kinship, and a better Skyrim should visit our military camp in the reach." So read the signs reverse-pickpocketed into people deemed worthy all over Skyrim.

So basically this thread is about a group fighting against corruption. Their leader will not be a non rp'er character. I think that I will let six people join, including whoever would like to be the founder of the group and maker of the signs (preferably a character with a troubled past, eg was used as a slave when they were a kid or their parents, perhaps both) after that if you want to join message me and I will reply soon as possible. The story will mostly be the journey to their fort in Winterhold. You can be any of the playable races and romance is allowed although nothing too graphic please. Well I believe that covers about everything, please go ahead and correct me if I am wrong. :) Oh yeah, and I'll tell you if you get in. ;)

Name: Marcus Guenevere (Prounounced gwen-ah-veer)

Race: Imperial

Age: Somewhere in his twenties (Depends how old you guys make your characters)

Appearance: He is tall and has swept back hair. He has a very posh, rich stature and wears fine clothes with steel plate gauntlets. He has blue eyes, some say they look kind, others describe them as ice-blue.

Personality: He is fairly intelligent. He is also warmhearted, kind, passionate and has a soft spot for a son story. He is honourable and fair in nature and combat. Despite his wealth he doesn't like to show off or boast. However he is very cunning and only trusts those completely who he knows well.

Combat Preferences: He is a duelist but is also adept at illusion magic. He uses the magic to calm or rout others while he fights one person one on one. However if things get rough and he is heavily outnumbered then he turns others to his side. He is a master with any blade and can best even a veteran with years of training with his skill.

Background: His parents were imperial nobles who used to live in the Imperial City but they moved to Skyrim before he was born. He grew up with a bad relationship with his parents and one day the manor was raided by bandits and they died. He inherited their money and began training as a fighter. He began working as a mercenary every so often and eventually began making a name for himself.

Well? What are you waiting for? Post!

JBar2531

Id like to join.

Name: Adonis Brutus

Race:Imperial

Appearance: Black buzzcut, scar under his left eye, brown eyes, 5'8
    images
    wears this armor

Personality: Nice, only judges his enemies. Adonis doesnt hit or kill women. Hates racist people. Will help just about any one that asks for it.

Skills: One handed, block, speech, smithing

Equipment: Elven Sword, Zues. Banded Iron Shield,Aegis. Elven Bow.

Bio: Adonis was born outside Cheydinhall in a cabin. His parents were killed by assassins when he was 5, and he was sent to live with his Uncle Aeneas in the Imperial city, who trained him to be an Imperial Soldier. When he was 18 he refused to join the Legion, the Brutus family exiled him from there family so he fled Cyrodil to Skyrim where he lived in a tent outside Markarth for 2 years. While he was living there he worked at Left Hand Mine.

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
    I'd like to join:

Character name: Arthonnen Nerevar II
    Race: Dwemer/Dunmer
    Class: Exiled Morag Tong Master
    Looks: Tall, light grey skin with pure red eyes. Long brown hair. Well built usually travel worn. Surprisingly young as he was born just after the Oblivion Crisis (See Background), heavy burns down the right side of the body. A pure red streak of war paint going up his face until the eye where it splits in two
    Personality: Supports the Imperials but has a strong hate for the Thalmor, as his father was good friends with them but when Red Mountain erupted they didn't come to aid. He swore an oath on the bones of his father he would track them down and destroy them.
    Background: Indoril Nerevar, Chimer King of Morrowind, had an unknown child with a Dwemer maiden and thus began this Family tree. Arthonnen Nerevar I decided to forsake his deal with the Daedric Prince Boethiah for a deal with Molag Bal slowly corrupting his body. Arthonnen Nerevar II fled to the ashlands after this seeking a cure for his vampirism. Upon finding a cure, he took it but it didn't work leaving him with the curse of eternal youth. He then returned home after the Red Mountain erupted and slayed his father and younger brother, shattering Goldbrand in the process. He then searches Tamriel for Thalmor to kill as part of his oath. He originally came to Skyrim on direct orders from the Emporer to fulfill the empty spot of Legate, and due to his coming is higher in rank that Rikke, and if Tullius dies he becomes General of the Legion.
    Combat Preferences: Arthonnen's Combat Preferences are either dual wielding daggers, or his ebony sword Askr-dreyri. Also he uses his bow Hefna-almr. Another thing he wields is Lightning, Alteration, Conjuration or Illusion spells.
    Misc: Has a known relationship whit the Dunmer Karliah and lives with her in their home Heljarchen Hall

I've decided to stick with my Dunmer Charater instead of Wood Elf cause I prefer him

Skyrimosity

I rather like the idea of the RP. Assuming you wouldn't mind letting me join, you think I could be the guy who posted the signs? I have a character who I believe would fit into the role rather well.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    Post your character and I'll see if it does indeed suit the role. (I don't mean to sound rude or anything) I'll most likely let you. :)

Skyrimosity

Character name: Rellian Ruuz-Taak

Race: Redguard

Class: One handed light warrior

Looks: Dark skin but lighter than the average Redguard. Short black hair. He is 6'2 and around 180 pounds. (About 27 years of age)

Personality: Aggressive, confrontational, and argumentative. CAN be a nice guy, but don't place a bet on it. Usually anti-social but he does understand that sometimes you have to have the help of others to get the goal accomplished.

Combat pref: Charges into battle with sword and shield raised, uses the shield when needed but usually prefers to use his stamina to dodge attacks.

Gear: Leather armor and shield with a regular Dwarven sword. Carries a few health potions in his back pack just in case he ever needs them.

Back story: Rellian was born to a family of merchants in Hammerfell. He was never interested in the mercantile business and he would spend most of his childhood hours in the Fighters Guild building of his hometown. At the young age of 15, he was tired of his boring family life. He packed up what few belongings he had such as his family's Dwarven sword. He hired a caravan with the few Septims he had saved. He decided to head to Skyrim, where an adventurer had plenty of tasks to do.

At the age of 26, he was one of the most infamous adventurers in Skyrim. He had a reputation that if he were paid, the job would get done. No questions, no worries, no alternative. However, during one of his tasks he saw a guard kill a woman whom had simply wished for them to investigate a string of robberies. This made Rellian realize how corrupt the guards of Skyrim had become and he vowed he would one day get to the bottom of it.

He first started by locating a place where he would be out of reach of most of the guards. He found the place in Wolf Fang Cave and after clearing it of vampires began turning it into a base of sorts. He then began writing up hundreds upon hundreds of posters which he would use later. Recently, there was a suspicious murder by the guards of Markarth, among the most corrupt cities in Skyrim. He hired a few couriers to begin distributing the posters, which told newcomers to meet him at the military camp in the Reach.

The camp was relatively abandoned as Rellian had tried to avoid being detected in his cave which wasn't too far away. He now awaits in the military camp with about 5 trustworthy guards ready to see who will approach him with the goal of freeing Skyrim. The goal to be provided, of course, would be coming from his own pocket but there was always more gold and not always the chance to truly free a nation.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
    Name: Nagisus ("Spears-The-Silt")
    Race: Argonian
    Dislikes: Dunmer (due to stories from his parents), open fire, cold weather.
    Skills: Great enchanter. A master in light armour and with a sword.
    Class: Agile swordsman.
    Currently lives in: Djorden Hall, a mansion in the Velothi Mountains near Riften.
    Looks: Has a relatively flat nose and sunken eyes. His horns curl around and point forwards. His scales are coloured emerald. He has a scar that goes from the bottom of his left eye and loops around it.
    Personality: Though most Argonians don't seem to have any emotions, Nagisus nearly lives up to this. The closest to a laugh he has ever managed is a small giggle. He does, however, get angry very quickly, and when he gets angry, he gets extremely angry.
    Bio: As a child, Nagisus did not get very many bedtime stories. Those he did were war stories from his father, Grinds-His-Bones, about the invasion of Morrowind and the Red Year. He heard a lot about Dunmer slavery and the raids of Black Marsh. This caused him to develop an inherit dislike for Dark Elves - especially the Telvanni House. Of all the people in the stories, they were mentioned the most. He grew up in a very mossy, vine-covered villa in Lilmoth with his aforementioned father and his mother, Laynirwe. Every day he would look out the window and see the An-xileel guards. Grinds-His-Bones, as a retired solider, encouraged Nagisus to respect and admire them. And respect and admire he did. At the age of about 17, in 4E 196 he left Lilmoth to trade in High Rock, as he thought that "those snooty Bretons would buy stuff I could find strewn across the swamp floor." He never managed to get to High Rock. The plan was to go to Blackrose, then to Soulrest. He would then make a small rowboat and sail up the Topal Bay, through the Niben Bay and to the Imperial City. He would then go to Bruma, then to Falkreath, then to Elinhir, then to Dragonstar, and finally arrive in Evermor in High rock. However, north of Bruma he was attacked by bears that stole most of his food and ripped apart his map. He ended up in Riften in 4E 199 with very little stock. However, he managed to sell it and buy a house. He worked as a merchant and part-time mercenary until early 4E 201, when he moved back to Lilmoth by caravan, and then by boat. There he joined the An-xileel as an agent due to his skills with stealth and negotiating. He was then sent to Skyrim to keep an eye out for any possible hostile activity and to "discourage" some of the rebels in Riften from their racism. He currently lives in Djorden Hall in the Velothi mountains, as an agent, being kept close to Argonian territory in case of extreme hostility.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    This is a good idea, especially for your first RP, Mali, but I have one suggestion. Signs being placed all over Skyrim suggesting revolt and destroying corrupted people probably wouldn't be the best way to get the attention that you want. Instead, the poster of the signs would probably be sought out by the corrupted officials and killed before they could do anything, especially since you're laying out your plan right in the letters plastered in plain sight. Not a good line for an RP. ;)

I suggest that instead of these being posted all over Skyrim, they're slipped inconspicuously into peoples' possession. For example, all of the people who are involved in this RP could find it slid under the door to their home, or stuck in a coat pocket by whoever is handing these out. That way it will make the story line a little bit more believable and there's a greater sense of secrecy present, which is what you want in an RP like this.

blue 468

(sounds like a good idea i'd love to join:). check my sig for reference pics)

Name: Robiin

Race: Nord

Class: Warrior/Archer

Looks: Mid height tanskin, long dark brown hair, green eyes, athletic build but still slim

Personality: Very abrasive and sarcastic a lot though she is nice once you get to know her, kind of racist to elves(mostly Altmer)

Background: She was born in Falkreath her mother died during birth and her father was a very successful hunter but one day when she was 16 he never came home, she grabbed her bow and some food and set off to find him. She searched but one day he found a wounded Stormcloak so she went to help him when she was grabbed by Thalmor soldiers. They took her to there camp in the Jerall Mountains, they made her do all the manual labor in the camp for a few months in till one day in the middle of the night she was rescued by an old Bosmer. The Bosmer took her to his home and taught her how to fight with a sword and hunt and be an expert marksman. When she was 22 the Bosmer died from old age so Robiin decided to leave and has been looking for her father ever since.

Sid

Am I the only one here who thinks that the weapons on the Character Cards look a lot weapons from Lord of the Rings:

Theodin's Sword:
    2012-11-10_00003-jpg.2868

Glamdring (Gandalf's Sword):
    2012-11-06_00003-jpg.2836

No offense meant, just stating what they look like.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    Ha I just watched LOTR last night. Also Blue468 you are in. Just one more person and we can get this started!

Sid

yeah there both mods from lotr I just like there weapons a lot:p
    Oh... I knew that... I didn't really I play PS3 version instead

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    Name: Hana Stone-Hilt

Sex: Female

Race: Nord

Appearance

standalone

Shoulder-length red hair, dark green eyes and pale-skinned. Short stature of 5' 2", a stocky build, and demanding presence for such a small person. She has two scars, one on her chin and the other on her right cheek.

Class: Ranger

Equipment: Steel War Axe, Steel Shield, Orcish Bow and Arrows

Bio: Born and raised in the Pale, she spend her entire life in the frigid norther reaches of Skyrim. She and her family were farmers, fishers, and hunters, and lived their life self sufficiently. They kept themselves much set apart from the conflicts facing the rest of the province. Her mother and father, both young, retired soldiers and travelers returned to Skyrim to settle after their first child, Hana's elder brother, Razanur was born in Valenwood.

Even when the Great Uprising began, and the news of King Torygg's death reached the Pale the family turned a blind eye to the impending Civil War. They kept themselves and their swords far away from the conflict, despite their very way of life being at risk. But, when the threat moved too closely to their home they relocated to the hold capitol of Dawnstar, where her mother and father re-enlisted in the military and took up arms with Ulfric's Stormcloaks to defend their home. Hana and her brother Razanur stayed behind, but joined the defensive guard of Dawnstar to defend the city in the event of an attack. News of the deaths of both of their parents came mere weeks later, while all in the Pale remained quiet.

Enraged, Razanur left immediately to Windhelm to join the uprising himself, despite the protests of his younger sister. He refused to bring her along out of fear for their family - the two of them were now the only surviving members. Months passed in anticipation, and while no news of Razanur's death made its way back to Dawnstar, neither did any indication of his wellbeing. Anxious, and angry Hana left Dawnstar herself and made for Windhelm, if for no reason more than to find her brother. Though her intentions were no less than to join the ranks herself, and bring the fight to the legion for what she had lost.

Storming into the Palace of the Kings itself to face Ulfric Stormcloak herself, her aggression was met with equal resistance. Though sympathetic to her plight, Ulfric's first in command, Galmar Stone-Fist listened to her story. Taken by her family's struggle and undying support for the uprising, he admitted her to the Stormcloaks and promised any information regarding the welfare and whereabouts of her brother be brought to her first, and foremost without question. Though weeks passed in silence, and no new information came.

Though she participated in many smaller battles, and helped to liberate several locations during the war, her determination began to die down, and she spent more and more time in Windhelm and away from the battlefield. She began to hunt and fish again, and sold her extra goods and leather to afford a room at Candlehearth Hall. She has been living in Windhelm ever since, awaiting news of both her brother and the war, and perhaps a way to bring herself back into the conflict.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    I wanna join. Click on "Jeroo-Shei" in my signature

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts