• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    The Madgod's Request

An Amulet barely recognized for what it truly is due to its power over the human mind has resurfaced. This Artifact, going by several names including the 'Pendant of Insatiable Insanity' and 'The Madstone' was always thought to be related to the unpredictable Daedric Prince, Sheogorath. This common interpretation was fueled by the wearer descending into a mental state of paranoia, anxiety and depression which usually ended in homicidal or suicidal urges.

This 'Descent into Madness' was unique to each wearer and could manifest itself as an intense 24hours of absolute insanity or be expressed over several years as the wearer slowly became more obsessive and paranoid to an extent where they would become unrecognizable by the ones closest to them. That was the case of the last known holder of this Daedric Artifact.

A reclusive and wealthy family, who prided themselves on the horses they bred in the hills, north-east of Riften, came about this pendent. The man of the house was already a proud and domineering man and yet over the next several months he had fits of domestic violence, near constant mumbling and a detachment from his family and stable hand staff. It all ended on a lovely Sundas morning when he took the wood-chopping axe and went around slashing at his staff whilst laughing like a maniac. He went inside his huge manor, grabbed his wife and two young sons and proceeded to lock himself and his family in the basement with no food or water. That was the last anyone ever saw the family.

Many years later, the manor sits amongst the hills, decaying and well forgotten. A young, inquisitive Nord lady by the name of Wyldfyre stumbles across this once-grand building and plucks up her courage to look inside, even though her intuition is telling her to keep away. The next events can only be described as totally unexpected and absolutely crazy...

Players (click on each character to see CC)

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Not everything was right with the old abandoned Manor house. Wyldfyre could tell, and even though her instincts screamed at her to turn around and walk out the front door, she continued further into the house, drawn by something. She found a narrow stairway leading down into a basement. Wyldfyre swallowed and descended the stairs, the hairs rising on the back of her neck. She swiped her red hair off her face and held up her torch, her green eyes peering into the blackness, listening for any kind of movement. But she heard nothing. Because nothing would be foolish enough to live down here, she thought to herself.

Wyldfyre picked her way through the shadowed basement when she felt a faint breeze touch her arm and a slight whispering could be heard. She silently slid out her steel dagger, creeping slowly to the back of the basement. A blackened door stood ajar and she peered into the room and saw four skeletons. Three lying on a bed and the other looked like it was trying to reach for the door; one bony arm stretched out. Wyldfyre found a broken lock on the ground, not able to determine how the door had been opened. It looked like it had been blasted open from the inside. She inspected the skeletons, two clearly adult and the other two were small. She frowned and wondered what madness drew this family to lock themselves inside this room until they perished.

She saw something shine in the glow from her torch and knelt down next to the lone skeleton. Tangled in its remains was a beautiful yellow-stoned amulet. It was surrounded by intricate silver wire and hung on a chain made from the same metal. As she gazed at the amulet she suddenly had the urge to put it on. The whispering in her ears was compelling and she drowsily slung the amulet around her neck. Suddenly she felt a wave of dizziness wash over her and she fell into blackness.

*****​
    Two days later Wyldfyre had stumbled her way back to Riften and into the Bee and Barb where she had rented a room. She pushed her way to the bar, people moving out of the way of the wild red-haired woman. She interrupted a young man asking Keerava if she knew of any work to be found and ordered two bottles of mead, then made her way up to her room. She absentmindedly dropped her satchel to the floor and collapsed onto her bed, uncorking a bottle of mead and taking a hearty swig.

The past two days were a blur and she was frightened. The Daedric Prince Sheogorath had spoken to her! Now she couldn’t get the damned amulet off, it was like it had fused itself to her very skin, and she didn’t know what to do. The Madgod wanted it back. He wanted her to bring it to him. He had also told her that there were only two ways to get it off. One being by His own hand, or... she shuddered when she remembered how he had described the other way, with such delight. Wyldfyre didn’t want to die, but she couldn’t do this alone. There were other things that wanted the Amulet. Terrible, dangerous things. She sat up and pulled out a piece of parchment and dipped her quill into the ink and began to write furiously. The letter wasn’t entirely rational, but she could barely think straight. She needed help. She needed Elenwen.

But her magical friend from Winterhold was not going to be enough. How was she to trek over the Province while all manner of evilness lurked behind every tree? Wyldfyre had unsuccessfully tried to ride a horse, but it had shied away from her, in fact, all animals seemed to make a wide birth whenever she approached. She blamed it on the evil amulet she was now the barer of. She needed not only Elenwen but perhaps a warrior, someone to protect them both from the dangers they would face in the wilds of Skyrim. But a Ranger, a scout that knew the back roads and hunter’s trails would also be needed. Wyldfyre was too exhausted for any more rational thought at that time, as the mead was doing its work, her eyes growing heavy. But wasn’t there a young man downstairs right now looking for work? As she lay down on her bed she made a note to go down and search him out. I just need to sleep...

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    "Look Jonus, If there's any work, I'll let you know." Keerava hissed to the familiar resident of the Bee and Barb as he leaned on birch wood counter. At this point he was looking for any kind of work; whether it be chasing down a bandit or an heirloom,chasing down rumors of daedra or clearing out a ruin or tomb.

"Thanks Keerava, you treat a man too kind. If you need any work done around her, let this man know."
    "I'd like a room and two bottles of mead, please." A young, pretty red haired girl cut in between the chatter between Jonus and keerava.
    "This man is sorry for being in your way." He gave a friendly smile and watched as she went up picked her bottles up and went to her room. As soon as she picked up her drinks, he noticed a brilliant amulet dangling around her neck. The necklace had a ember yellow stone entangled up in bright metal that also made up the chain. Something about the girl and the amulet caught his attention, but he pushed it out of his mind as he had to focus on finding work at the present moment.

"I'll be in my room, as always."
    "Don't go throwing your damned knife around either, ranger!" She hissed as she waved her hand at the fading imperial. The bar's voice of different of people was finally muffled as he shut his door and placed his belongings where he usually does, right next to his journal and map, "I need to find work, and soon. My pockets and pouches are starting to dry up. I wonder where else I can look? It doesn't help that I can't stop thinking of that girl or the damn thing around her neck." He perused through his journal for contacts, general information, and to curve his boredom.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Wyldfyre woke in the morning to the sun blaring in her eyes through the window that looked out onto the city of Riften. She stumbled out of bed and grabbed the letter she had written last night, cutting herself on the fine edge of the parchment paper, causing blood to smear on the letter. She left her room, in just her tunic top that barely covered her thighs and ran straight into the man from the bar last night.

"You!" she swayed on her feet. "Don't move I want to talk to you...." the man blinked, no doubt stunned at her appearance and statement. Wyldfyre staggered down the stairs, not even noticing the looks she got from her state of undress.

"Keerava" she whispered to the Argonian bar maid. "Please give this to a courier. It needs to go to Winterhold with all haste" She handed the Argonian a bunch of coins.

"Oh course lass" she nodded. Wyldfyre made her way back up the stairs to find the man still waiting patiently for her. She held up a finger...

"One minute" she said before disappearing back in her room to pull on her soft suede pants.

Wolfbane

White and blacked filled his eyes as the smell of paper filled his nose. it would seem that he fell asleep on his journal and fully dressed. The smell early morning sun and food filled the room, "Must have had sleep take me. I suppose some food couldn't hurt." He stretched and wiped his face off as he exited his room and made his way to the bar.

"You!" She swayed right on her feet, 'Don't move! I wanna talk to you..." She gracefully made her way down towards Keerava, then made her way back up. He was shocked that a young, underdressed girl wants to talk to him so early in the morning.

"One minute." She went back to her room to assumingly get properly dressed so she could hold a polite conversation. Not that he was complaining at how she was dressed.

"I'll be here, girl." Maybe his questions were finally about to be answered.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
    "Elenwen... Elenwen!" Phinis Gestor shouted. Elenwen snapped out of her daydream and looked up. "Sorry sir, I don't know what has gotten into me lately." The young altmer again tried the complex spell of summoning a bound sword from the realm of Oblivion. This time a glowing daedric arrow appeared in her right hand. A single, useless arrow. Elenwen was fuming. This was not like her. She looked up at her teacher with a mixture of exasperation and annoyance, the solo arrow fading from the physical realm. "I don't know either. Is this the same young lady that dragged a frost atronach, kicking and screaming from Oblivion, than bent it to your will and have it guard you for several hours? You my dear, have a gift in this line of magic, and yet for some reason, you cannot summon a daedric sword?" All of it was true and Elenwen felt slightly embarrassed. Brelyna let out a sI'm a racist asshole who doesn't understand boundaries, respect, or basic human decency and I need help. In her hands were two wicked looking swords.

The two young elves always competed in their Conjuration class. While Elenwen was generally the more competent of the two, Brelyna could definitely handle herself and today she was easily showing up the high elf. Between the dunmer's smugness and her own disappointment, Elenwen was starting to lose patience. "Maybe I just don't want to be here anymore! I have been here for 2 years and no one has helped me to find my brother and all I do is study and... and I'm a bit sick of everything..." Elenwen finished on an exasperated tone. "Well the offer to go to the Sarthaal excavation site with Tolfdir, J'zargo and Onmund still stands. It's good to break up all this study in the College with a practical excursion." Gestor shrugged, "Maybe you just need a break?" Elenwen looked up at her teacher. "Maybe I do just need a break." With that statement, Elenwen turned on her heel and dramatically walked out of the Hall of the Elements.

Luckily, being a woman, the mixture of emotions that Elenwen was experiencing didn't bother her as much as it potentially could. The fresh air and falling snow in the courtyard was doing it's best to clear her mind, however futile that was at the moment. Although, being so deep in thought about her dismal display in class as well as silently debating her future almost caused an accident. The Master-Wizard of the College, Mirabelle Ervine, had just finished talking to another mage and had stepped back into the path of the contemplating altmer. Elenwen let out a squeak of shock and her hands flew up to catch the senior member of the college. "Oh Elenwen, I was looking for you!" Mirabelle turned to beam at the young elf. "A letter came for you-" A letter? surely not from my parents... maybe Taarie? Oh my! Perhaps, Volanaro? "It's come from Riften, although the outside of the letter only has your name." Mirabelle smiled and handed out the letter. In a haste, Elenwen, as politely as she could whilst fighting with her inner urge to run, grabbed the letter and sped off towards her dormitory yelling over her shoulder, "Thanks Mirabelle!"

Elenwen jumped onto her bed, and had a quick inspection of the letter, before ripping it open. The first thing the elf noticed was the blood on the letter. This instantly put her on edge, so she quickly read through the short letter and was instantly confused. Elenwen shook her head and looked at it again, this time reading it slower...

Dear Elenwen.

Sheogorath! I don't understand. I just put it around my neck, and he was telling me to bring it to him. What? No, never mind. I shouldn't ask you to help. You once told me that you study daedra. Please I'm scared. This pendent. Its so beautiful, but I want to take it off. I'm in Riften. I need to go. Can I come see you?

Help me?

Wyldfyre

Wyldfyre. Wyldfyre... The picture of a young nord woman with fiery red hair came to mind. She hadn't met her for long but they had definitely connected. Elenwen must have told her about her involvement with the College and her fascination with the 17 Daedric Princes. Sheogorath. That's the part that worried Elenwen. The Daedric Prince of Madness. Unpredictable and dangerous was an understatement when referring to this God.

Lucky for you Wyldfyre, I'm looking for an adventure to take my mind off things...

Elenwen dipped her quill in the ink pot and began writing underneath the worrying words of an almost forgotten friend.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    "Girl?" Wyldfyre said as she closed her door. Girl? He can't be more than 5 years older than me! She mused to herself as she rummaged around in her knapsack for her pants. Upon finding them she sat on the bed to pull them on, still unsteady on her feet and the tight fitting pants doing nothing to help. When she was dressed, she used a shiny plate to look at herself in its reflection. The amulet was still there, as she knew it would be, sitting there on her skin. No matter what she had tried it would not budge. Not only would it not come off, but it had fused itself to her skin, like it had become a part of her and moved as she moved. Although the stone itself was very beautiful, all Wyldfyre wanted was to get it off. She shuddered when she remembered snippets of her time spent in Sheogoraths presence.

She hoped her letter found its way to the Elf she had met while travelling to Windhelm. The more Wyldfyre thought about it, the more she concluded that the best thing would be for her to start making her way to Winterhold and hopefully Elenwen would meet her half way. Maybe in Windhelm. Wyldfyre needed to enlist the help of a warrior and she had one in mind. A certain Orc camped outside Riften that Wyldfyre had befriended a short time ago. He was definitely someone she wanted to have with her on her journey. As for their guide, scout, someone who knew ways around patrols of soldiers and passes through mountains, she would need to hire a ranger. And hopefully the man standing outside her door, if he is even still there, would be interested.

She didn't realize she had been staring into the shiny plate and put it down, noticing how unruly her hair was. After a quick brush, she flung open the door to find the man still standing where she had left him, all be it a little bored looking.

"Oh!" she said a little breathlessly "You're still here? Good, um...please come in. I need to enlist your services in a matter most urgent" She looked a little flustered. "Well that just sounds wrong" she said, the man looking amused as he stood there. Wyldfyre frowned. "Well do come in" she said, standing to the side to allow him to enter her room, and closing the door behind him. She fidgetted on the spot while the man surveyed her room.

"Are you thirsty?" she said, gliding over to the table, ready to pour a tankard of mead. The amulet flashed in the candlelight and her green eyes looked up to meet his.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    The Rift, a large glamorous region in South-Eastern Skyrim. A place of endless autumn, with forest that forever rained blasts of leaves. The mountains were split apart by the vicious rivers that ran through the land like a stray dog to a hot meal. The Rift was a place cut from the books, a beauty rarely seen in Skyrim. Xorguk stood on a tall mountain, above the sunlight-yellow forests that encircled the region. Near him stood his proud companion, Cripple – the pet bear that viewed Xorguk as a father since the day the kind orc found him. Cripple followed him everywhere, even if Xorguk didn’t demanded that. Company was most appreciated by a wonderer like Xorguk, but most would rather enjoy the offerings of a thronged city, as opposed to the endless and dangerous wilderness. And the beastmaster despised those people – even if he himself started to grow weary of his endless solitude, the citizens that spent their entire life within a city, doing their regular mundane jobs the exuberant home town they were born in, while having absolutely no connection to the outside world seemed worthless to him. Why waste your life on something so dull, so unchallenging and so rewardless, when you could have your eyes feasted by the incredible sights of Tamriel, your belly full of what nature has to offer, and your skin scared by the wild’s mark?

He was wondering where to go next, as he was climbing his way down the tall, snow peaked mountain. His travels brought Xorguk from Black Marsh to Morrowind, and then finally back to Skyrim. Through his years, he had been fed with lies, proud nords saying that Skyrim is a land made for a survivalist, and that there is no other place on Tamriel as cold, harsh and unforgiving as the land of the nords. But those were simply assumptions made by men and women that haven’t experienced half of the imperial provinces. The lands of Argonia, for instance, were far more unendurable. There were creatures there untamed, that could only match the ferocity of the lizard-men that inhabited the province. And not even Xorguk experienced the entirety of Black Marsh, for in there is said that the Hist will devour whoever dares wonder to far in the center, where even the purest of beings can get ill.

As he thought about where to go next, he had to snap out of his daydreaming by the fierce growl of his pet bear. The path down the mountain was dangerous, trolls and ice wraiths enjoyed the feel of a unknowing adventurer that could walk straight into their trap. But Xorguk, wasn’t one to be fooled, for he had become one with the wild itself – being able to sense danger from far away, and hunt down any pray that he spots. But soon he realized that the bear wasn’t sensing a random untamed beast, but a trained and bloodthirsty one, who’s weaknesses barely match it’s strength. Cripple started to panic, turning around in all the possible direction, trying to precisely spot who was lurking in the shadows, creeping their way up onto the old orc. “Show yourself, minion of the night, this is not the time for you to be hunting your pray!” Xorguk yelled, referring to the fact that there was still day outside, but no answer came from anywhere. Just a few moments later, a conjured wolf spawns out of thin air, the violet portal of Oblivion waking up and releasing a spirit hound, that jumped on Cripple. Both of the animals had their wars of teeth, claw and noise, but Xorguk didn’t pay them any attention, for Cripple could handle himself, and besides, a much stronger target wanted to sink it’s teeth into Xorguk’s throat. “And besides…” he continued his speech as a shadowy figure emerged from the darkness and rushed in at inhumane speed towards The Beastmaster. “You picked the wrong target” he spoke with haste, before getting out his axes and taking a double swing in the direction of the vampire.

The cunning spawn of Bal managed to evade the hit as it sidestepped in time, but that wasn’t all there was to it. As he charged forward, Xorguk threw one axe, purposely missing the bloodsucker, for he was aiming at the conjured wolf that attacked his companion. After the throw, the vampire took out a sword and shield, and the two begun dueling. The vampire was very much of a fighter, during the battle it maintained the upper hand, deflecting Xorguk’s blows and kicks, and using it’s destruction magic to suck down the orc’s vital energy. As soon as he realized it, the vampire was viciously attacking like the maddened hungry fiend he was, and Xorguk had little to do but to step back. He was about to reach out his back, and take out his shield, in order to get some quick advantage over his enemy, but in the manner the vampire was fighting, Xorguk couldn’t do it. Out of anger, the orc snapped out of it and took a swing at the vampire’s shield, who used the momentum to his advantage, and stabbed Xorguk in the shoulder. The creature dropped it’s shield, with Xorguk’s axe still on it, with a haste that Xorguk hasn’t seen before. Immediately after that he begun conjuring an ice bolt, probably to finish Xorguk off, and the worst part is he couldn’t do anything, for the blade was poisoned, and Xorguk couldn’t move a muscle. Before the bolt was finished off, a helpful ally raised from the ground and pushed the vampire off with all it’s might. Cripple managed to use so much force that he pushed the vampire off the hill, letting him fall to his death.

Soon after the fight, The Beastmaster found a place to camp, next to Riften, where hopefully he would recover and catch some rest. Something told him things would be different, but he couldn’t tell for sure. He laid down on his warm blanket, next to his furry friend, and begun sleeping.

Wolfbane

"Oh!" she said, short of breath, "You're still here? Good, um...please come in. I need to enlist your services in a matter most urgent" She had an awkward air about her, thinking about what she had just said "Well that just sounds wrong."

"A man has different kinds of services, for different kinds of people." He gave a raise of an eyebrow and a look down the girl with a curious eye.

"Well do come in" She waved him in, then shut the door behind him, muffling the crowd of the tavern.
    "My thanks"
    "Are you thirsty?" He polity waved off the readied pitcher as he sat down in the somewhat stable wooden chair. The room was quite ordinary; four light brown wooden walls that provided privacy from the wondering eye of the crowd, a straw bed with fur on a wooden frame to rest your weary head and aching bones, a nightstand for a drink or book, then a table to eat. Nothing strange about it, but for some reason he had a feeling that this was just a four walled box entrance into a deeper and more intriguing tale. Instead of talking, he decided to let the apparently flustered girl calm down and gather her thoughts.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    As Wyldfyre and Jonus left Riften by the Northern gates, she began to again question her judgement in relying on the Orc being at his usual camp site. They passed the stables and then Wyldfyre had them turn east towards the mountains. The camp was not far away, but far enough from the city for the peace she knew Xorguk craved. She didn't know the Orc terribly well, but enough to know that she needed to approach his camp with some caution, until he knew it was her. Which reminded her...

"When we get near Xorguk's camp I am going to need you to hang back for a bit, just until he recognizes me and I can let him know I'm not alone." she said to Jonus, who looked like he wanted to protest, but then just nodded.
    "Good". They continued on and she could see a thin trail of smoke rising from behind a cospe of trees. He's here! her heart thumped in her chest, for the Orc always frightened her a little. But she needed him. They would all need him if they were to survive this journey. Wyldfyre touched the amulet and it seemed to writhe under her touch.

"Alright" she said stopping. "This is a far as you go for now" she said to Jonus.

Wolfbane

"Alright" she said with a sudden stop, "This is a far as you go for now"
    "The man stays. I'll take notes at that stump." He pointed to the mossy stub of a tree with his bow. After the girl disappeared into the woods, he sat down, looked over his journal, drawings, side notes, hidden routes, and short cuts all around Skyrim littered the leather bound book. It was bought when he was a seven and ten, and he still had it to this day. He liked the girl, he wasn't sure why. Jonus took the girls command with ease finally, after wanting to maintain being at her side. Trust needed to be establish, so he took her word, showing his trust was in her. It's kind of difficult to plan routes if I don't know where we're going. I should be able to once we have a location in mind.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    "The man stays. I'll take notes at that stump." Jonus said to her. Wyldfyre thought it slightly odd that he spoke of himself in third person but she liked Jonus all the same. She probably would have tried to flirt with him a little by now had it not been for the Amulet. It had rattled her and all her usual behaviorism's were not acting like they should be. She nodded and turned to walk off into the bush towards the camp. As she drew closer she could see parts of the camp through the underbrush, a small smoking fire and a crude lean-to. I need to let Xorguk know it's me approaching, if he is as skittish with strangers entering his camp as what I remember.

"Ho! Xorguk!" she called out, holding up her hands to show they were empty of weapons "It is Wyldfyre. May I approach?" She heard nothing for a few seconds, then a loud grunting. But then she heard a terrible growling and crashing of branches as something large came straight for her. By the maker! I forgot the bear! Wyldfyre backed up but found she had backed herself into a corner as the bear came crashing through the brush, saliva dripping from it's gaping maw as it growled at her. She took out her bow, though she was lothe to use it on the bear.

"Cripple!" she cried desperately trying to get through to the bear "It's me! You know me!" But the bear was in a rage; torn between wanting to greet Wyldfyre like an old friend, and confused by the strange forces the Amulet was giving off. He shook his great head and slowly lumbered forward, menacing her with his great claws. The very tip caught her leg and a shiny bloody welt appeared. His lust for her blood was mingling with the odd feelings the amulet gave him and he opened his mouth and roared at the woman. Wyldfyre was just raising her crossbow when suddenly the bear lunged at her. She fired off a bolt and closed her eyes but death never came....

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Xorguk's night was strange, he wasn't one to have fairy tales rumbling in his head while his eyes were close. All of his nights he had dreamless sleep, and it was the same for over 20 years. But this one night, things were different. An abyss of darkness through and through, the orc was walking endlessly on a sea of pure black, surrounded by no lighting. Aimlessly, that's how he was, searching for a goal, searching for a way to escape the dungeon he's in, but for all his life he refused change, he refused to become someone else.

That was, until he spotted bright light, far away in the distance. An ashen white, motherly figured, stripped from paradise and brought to help help him flee. His walking soon turned into running as he was trying to approach the light as fast as he could. The figure reminded him of many things, and as he approached, he could hear her voice. “Xorguk, Xorguk..-”

"Ho! Xorguk!"

He awakened himself from his sleep, turning his head in all directions trying to find who called him. But his ears showed no response, it was like he was deaf. And his entire body trembled from the dream, he could barely control his muscles. He rose up from his bedroll, to see his bear angrily showing his way through the branches. As he started walking, his hearing came back to him. Only to hear a familiar voice coming from the wilderness, desperate and scared, like a hatched bird who sees a snake in front of it's eyes instead of witnessing it's maker.

"It's me! You know me!"

Xorguk walked faster, pushing the branches away to see a girl he could recognize, but without a name he could. She sat on the ground, eyes closed, with a boltless crossbow in her arms. Xorguk turned his vision a little and gazed at Cripple, who was wheezing on the ground, with a bolt piercing his eye. Seeing the creature that followed and loved him without demanding anything in exchange dieing shattered his heart. He looked at the bear and unsheathed one of his axes, slowly placing it next to Cripple's neck as he sat on the ground next to him. “You shall not be forgotten, old friend.” and then, in an instant, he swiftly, yet brutally swiped at the bear's throat, almost cutting his head off. As he raised from the ground and sheathed his axe, he felt the need to ask: “He attacked you, didn't he?” he made a brief pause while looking at Wyldfyre, now recognizing her in full. “That bloodsucker probably used his wretched magic to darken Cripple's thoughts...I can't blame you for what he did.” he said, talking about the vampire he fought off earlier. He open his palm wide and offered to help the madien up.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Wyldfyre sat on the ground, eyes shut, too terrified to open them. But she never felt the bear's claws tear her apart, or its jaws closing down on her. She did hear another large presence crashing towards her and then a deep voice.

“You shall not be forgotten, old friend.” Xorguk! She opened her eyes in time to see the large Orc taking the life of the bear. Wyldfyre watched in horror as the bear's life blood spilled on the ground. Xorguk had killed his companion, his beloved friend...for her.

"I..." she was at a loss for words.

“He attacked you, didn't he?” he paused briefly “That bloodsucker probably used his wretched magic to darken Cripple's thoughts...I can't blame you for what he did.” Wyldfyre was horrified, and confused. Obviously Xorguk and Cripple had recently encountered a Vampire and Xorguk assumed Cripples behavior was a result from that attack. But Wyldfyre suspected otherwise. She could not be for sure, but she believed that the Amulet was to blame for the bears sudden turn. She had encountered the same thing before when she had tried to ride Mist, a horse she had ridden dozens of times before. He had not even let her get near, bucking wildly and pawing at the ground. Wyldfyre had been forced to abandon the animal for fear it would do harm to itself and to her.

Wyldfyre was immediately filled with remorse, and her lip trembled as she looked up at the Orc. This is my fault! He offered his hand to her and she took it, her small hand getting lost in his own. He pulled her to her feet and she stood, brushing herself off, not daring to look at the bear.

"I'm.. I am so sorry Xorguk" she stammered "I didn't know!" Just then Jonus came rushing into the clearing after having heard the commotion..

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
    As Jonus was sitting on the stump of a tree, inspecting his tightly woven bow string, he heard a commotion from where Wyldfyre had disappeared. He hesitated, recalling the young lady telling him to wait. An anamilistic roar rang through the woods and Jonus ran straight to the source, abandoning all caution.

The sight of a monstrous Orc almost decapitating an equally large bear was enough to make Jonus notch an arrow and frantically look for his new companion. The Orc turned and started talking, as he moved to the side Jonus caught a glimpse of a scared Wyldfyre.

Jonus raised his bow and slowly crept forward. Hearing voices of sorrow instead of aggression caused him to slightly drop the bow and speak up. "This man has an arrow trained on you Orc. Slowly turn around, or you will see that I don't miss."

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    "I'm.. I am so sorry Xorguk, I didn't know!” Wyldfire apologized, and Xorguk accepted by slowly nodding, still with a saddened face after what happened earlier. His eyes were half closed, pinned at the bloodied ground. He would not dare look at Cripple, the bear that, in his mind, he failed. His companion died because he protected Xorguk, and more or less saved him from the vampire.

There was silence between the two for a moment, but the brushes were swayed away by a man who ran towards the scene, and the silence was broken. Xorguk didn't even look at him, he just stared at the ground, trying to place things together in his mind. However, the man readied his bow, pointing straight at Xorguk. "This man has an arrow trained on you Orc. Slowly turn around, or you will see that I don't miss."

Xorguk turned his head from the ground and to the Imperial, his persona ferocious as a nightmare from a dreamless sleep. “Funny...” he said, gazing back at the bear, with no smile or sign of happiness. He looked at the poor, soulless corpse of the creature, that stood as his mighty companion for so many years. “If he was alive, you wouldn't dare pull that string...”. He then turned back at the imperial, making a step forward, but stopped as the man stepped back as he pulled the string further and aimed straight at the orc's exposed neck. “The man is not joking, don't test my patience.” he replied.

The beastmaster grunted, clenching both his fists and teeth, he slowly moved his hands towards his sheathed axes, ready to make a move. It was a war of intimidation between the imperial and the orc, their eyes looking only at the others. And from a war like that, there would be no winner, only a looser who didn't react fast enough, and the one that brought him down. If they continued, it would have been bloody.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    “If he was alive, you wouldn't dare pull that string...”.

“The man is not joking, don't test my patience.”

Wyldfyre watched in horror when Jonus had burst through the thicket and aimed an arrow straight for Xorguk. She had just had the realization that she was responsible for the death of Cripple and now Jonus was threatening Xorguk. The Orc ignored the man for a moment but then turned his attention his way. Wyldfyre could see that Xorguk was slowly moving his hands towards his axes as the two sized each other up.

This was turning from bad to worse. If she let it continue she would be without a warrior or a ranger, or both. It had to stop, and so she did the first thing that came to her not entirely rational mind. She lunged forward and stood in front of Xorguk, holding out her arms, protecting him from Jonus's arrow, which was now pointed straight for her.

"Enough!" she cried. "Jonus, lower your weapon. This is my friend Xorguk, who is going to be joining us". Then she remembered not having discussed that with the Orc... oops, I hadn't got to that yet.. He remained still for a moment, surprise on his face and then, realizing his arrow was pointed at her, he quickly lowered it. Wyldfyre sighed and turned to Xorguk.

"I'm sorry for that, Jonus did not know and thought I was in danger. It's...." she struggled to explain "..what I hired him for. And I also need you old friend. I have to get to Winterhold." Xorguk listened on quietly. Wyldfyre always liked that about him. His peaceful demeanor. "I am in a bit of trouble, and I um... need to see a friend of mine in Winterhold. A mage, Elenwen. She is an expert when it comes to Daedra, and I have a big problem with one" she pointed to the amulet as it sat there fused to her skin. It flashed in the sun as if to make itself known. Xorguk peered at the amulet.

"So, um, will you please be my protector Xorguk? I can not make it there without you." she placed her small hand on his massive arm.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Rain poured hard on the thinly forested Rift. A light breeze blew its way through the thin birch trees, guiding the fallen leaves through the maze of white bark. It was mid-day, and not many were out to witness the beauty of nature. A mid-day rain was all it took to keep the modest and normal inside, but those willing to test nature, and those bonded to it, found a mid-day rain as releasing as could be.

Delsin glanced through his Alchemy Book. He had a list written at the front of the book, which held the names of over 30 common plants that he liked to have on him at all times. He was running low on a few of his poison making plants, and some healing herbs, but most he couldn’t get in the Rift. Those that he did have access to, he didn’t need much of, but the hassle of finding what he needed wasn’t the easiest of tasks.

“Strychnos Toxifera Riftica,” he mumbled to himself, over and over. Somehow, focusing on the name of the little toxic plant, helped him in locating it. The rain and wind wasn’t necessarily helping his task either, as he continued to stumble over small stones and tree roots.

He praised himself silently, when he located the plant, and crouched down next to the small growth. Delsin carefully pulled out a vial sealed with a cork, that he removed with his teeth. He lowered the vial onto a stray branch with a mass of leaves on the end, and cut the excess with his dagger. Careful not to touch the poison covered end that he had just severed, he placed the cork back onto the vial, and placed it back in his pouch.

“Now, one last thing, I believe,” He whispered to himself, fingering his way through the list of plants. He sighed briefly at the sight of something that he had always neglected to get; Canis Root. He hated searching up and down cliffs, beneath rocks, and all other sorts of unnecessary work, just for a single root. However, its properties of paralysis and slowing down his opponents made it particularly useful for poisoning his arrows.

He stood from his crouch, and started towards the direction of the cliffs nearby. He was hoping to get a couple of the roots, that way he wouldn’t have to restock his supply for a long time. As we walked his way towards the rocks, he started to hum a Skyrim rhyme that he had often heard around the frozen province.

“A land rough-hewn by those who have passed,” he rhymed, as he arrived at the start of the rocky decent, “of frozen peaks and frosts that burn.” He started to scan the rocks nearest to him, and out of the corner of his eye, midst a small outcrop of even land, a large patch of the ebony root grew, surrounded by trees. He grinned, and continued down the decent, humming the rest of his rhyme.

“High winds that test the strongest of masts,” He set his foot on the soft soil, that the rocks opened up to reveal. Delsin then crouched down, and with the precision of an expert blades-man, separated as many branches of the root as possible. “Bold Skyrim is proud crown of Nirn!” He finished, looking up into the heavy rain. He had always enjoyed the rain, like Kyne herself was talking to you, or at least, that’s what he liked to think.

Then his thoughts came to a stop. Right next to the patch of root, was a print that was all too familiar to him, but Delsin's recognition of the creature that the track belonged to escaped him. He removed his Bestiary Journal from his small satchel, and excitedly flipped through the pages. He came to a halt when he found a sketch that he had done, that mimicked that of the track in question. Shivers of fear and accomplishment went up his spine, as he remembered the name of the beast it had belonged to.

“By the mother,” he knelt back down, and touched the track. It wasn’t as old as Delsin had equally hoped it to be, and hoped it not to be. It had passed through, maybe 2 or 3 hours previous. Delsindómien scanned the area around him, looking for any unnatural changes. He searched for overturned stones, and trampled grass, finding minor scuffs in the rocks and stone, all in a repeating pattern, headed North West. Delsin stuffed his journals back into his satchel, and folded the roots and rapped them in twine, stuffing them in after.

-~~8~~-

Delsin's grip on his bow was tight, and shaky. He had followed the tracks all the way down into a cavern, but what he found inside was not the beast he was expecting to find. Their clicks and chirps, crawling and squawks, was all it took to make the traveling Mer immobile. Damn Frostbite Spiders, he cursed in thought. He had always hated the creatures, maybe because of his unlucky run ins with them, just like the situation he was in now.

Delsin started to shake off the feeling that the beasts were giving him. The tracks and scuffs were headed down deeper in the cavern, passed the frostbitten arachnids. All he could see was two options: Run, and be ashamed that he never took a chance in finding his monster, or fight. However, killing the beasts wouldn’t necessarily guarantee that he was going to find the beast, but it was better to take chance, then not at all.

Delsin slid down the slick rock behind him, to a low crouch. He pulled his hood and cowl onto his head and face, and drew his first arrow. He slowly took step after step, until he could see the creatures. 5 large spiders, stood over the body of a long dead stag. Still, they devoured it’s juices, like a pack of rabid, blood sucking hyenas. Delsin pulled the tight string of his bow, and released his first shot. The arrow flew threw the abdomen, and head of the beast closest to him. The arrow came out the other side, and got lodged in a stone at the other side of the cavern.

The creatures let out eerie squeals, and spread around the room. Crawling up walls, and into small crevasses. Delsin started to let out as many arrows as he could, until he saw that all of the creatures were dead. He stood up fast, with another arrow drawn, and paced through all of the dead creatures, following the scuffs and tracks through the cavern. The feeling at the back of his stomach receded, as he slowly left the arachnids behind him.

As he kept following the tracks, Delsin realized something a bit odd. His path had started to head uphill once again. Like he was headed towards another entrance. He felt a feint cool breeze coming from the direction that he was heading, and a feeling of disappointment washed over his body. He already knew where this was going.

He had walked into a cave filled with a creature that shouldn’t even exist on Nirn, due to their disgusting nature, all while following a dry trail, that didn’t even give him any sort of lead on his monster. Delsin cursed at himself as he climbed his way up from the exit.

“I can’t wait until HE hears this,” he spoke aggravated as he thought of camp. The sun started to peak it’s way out of the clouds, just as it was about to depart for night.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Wyldfyre spoke honestly, showing off a glamor of desperation. Xorguk didn't knew what trouble she was in, nor did he care. Wyldfyre was a friend, and he could not, in good conscience let her go with only that mercenary. The amulet she wore was flawless, but strange. A gust of wind blew her hair as Xorguk was thinking of a way to answer, but the amulet didn't budge, almost like being sewed to her skin. Xorguk turned his eyes to that Jonus. He was young, but dangerous, and Xorguk recognized him. A mere thief, nothing more, tried to steal Xorguk talisman the last time he wondered near Riften. Such an honorless man would only deal more damage to whatever situation the girl was facing.

“Of course I will join you, Wyldfyre. You have nothing to fear as long as I'm nearby...”
    he made a brief pause while he frowned at Jonus “-but that one” he pointed at him, the wind dismissing the pale-yellow leafs from the old trees of The Rift. “Won't follow us. I'd rather have a wolf's tooth at my neck than his hand in my pocket.”. Wyldfyre seemed confused. Jonus looked back, hoping for a straight answer.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Her plea hung in the air as Xorguk peered at Jonus and then some form of recognition appeared in his eyes. Wyldfyre wondered at it and then he spoke;

“Of course I will join you, Wyldfyre. You have nothing to fear as long as I'm nearby...” he paused briefly and frowned at Jonus “-but that one” he pointed at the man “Won't follow us. I'd rather have a wolf's tooth at my neck than his hand in my pocket.”. Wyldfyre was confused and even more intrigued. Why did Xorguk not like Jonus? Not just a dislike but a hatred that seemed to run deeper. Still, she had to listen to what he was saying. Had she made a grave mistake in hiring Jonus into her services? She had to take note of Xorguk's dislike of the man. She couldn't take this periless journey without him. She made a quick decision and with reluctance turned to Jonus.

"I'm sorry but I can not have you come with us any further. I didn't promise you any payment so I don't think you are so greatly put out by this. I value my friends council and honestly, I need him more than you." Jonus looked at her with surprise, then anger flashed across his face. "I'm sorry" she said then. He took a step back, still holding his loaded bow. Wyldfyre didn't know what to expect from him and she remained alert.

"This man hears what you are saying. And I think you are making a mistake girl. But, I concede. Good-day" he nodded and backed out of the clearing. Wyldfyre didn't realise she was holding her breath until she let it out explosively. She turned to Xorguk.

"Again, I am sorry" she glanced quickly at the bear. She had run her hands through that gloriously thick fur. Her heart broke for her friend. It's my fault.... They walked back over to the fire and Wyldfyre sat shakily down onto a mossy log. Xorguk looked at her and she began to explain her predicament in detail....

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts