• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
This FanFic will involve some swearing, and a fair amount of graphic violence. There may also be some sexual content. This is to infer realism, and not just for the sake of it. This is based around my RP character, Kaeri Wolfrunner, whose character card can be found here.​
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
"Don't even bother asking me how I came to be Lupus Mulieris, because I don't know myself. I guess my blood didn't mix well with lycanthropy. I have no idea why I am what I am. All I know is that I make good use of it." - Kaeri Wolfrunner

----------------------------------------CHAPTER ONE-----------------------------------------
Enrael whined.​
The wolf was never quite satisfied with his surroundings. I couldn't blame him; I felt the same way. The only time I was happy was when I was either surrounded by friends or surrounded by nothing.​
I shushed him; we needed to be in utter silence for this camp. The leader was known to be among the most perceptive bandits in Skyrim. I had even taken the liberty of casting a spell around Lycan's scabbard, so that when it was drawn it would make no sound. I drew it quickly, with the minimal amount of movement. Enrael began to snarl slightly; his teeth bared and his hackles raised.​
Then, suddenly, we struck. Before they knew what was happening, one of the bandits was wandering about, chasing his own head before dropping to the floor, and Enrael was mauling another by the time I threw a fireball at the one rushing me with a battleaxe. The man collapsed, rolling about in the dirt to no avail. His blackened corpse was finally extinguished when I released the magic. I used the strength granted to me by my affliction to leap right over the head of another bandit and cleave his skull in two as Enrael tore off the nose of the one closest to the leader. Then I turned to the man I had come to kill.​
"Well. Fancy that, a beautiful young woman coming here and killing all my men; for me. Tell me, did Balgruuf want me alive, or just beaten a bit?" His smug face irritated me but I didn't show it.
"Neither." I strode up to meet him, and lopped his head off before he even knew what I had said. I caught the head, stuffed it into a bag, and set off back towards Whiterun.
Before long, I was before the Jarl himself, holding out the bag, blood dripping from the bottom onto the fire and evaporating in a red mist that accentuated my pink hair.
"Well, Wolfrunner. I see the other Jarls weren't wrong; you don't mess around." He threw a heavy purse to me.
"My name is Kaeri. I thank you, my Jarl. I take my leave." I threw the head over the fire, letting it roll to a stop at Balgruuf's feet. Irileth gave a cry of outrage at my insolence, but I kept walking and heard Balgruuf calling her back. I smiled.
I went back to the Bannered Mare, the revelers all stopping to stare at me and Enrael yet again.
Honestly, you'd have thought they'd be used to me by now.
I ordered a bottle of mead, setting down a few of the septims Balgruuf had given me. Then I sat at a vacant table and faced away from everyone.​
Before long, I heard trouble brewing. Nazeem, again, that arrogant tosser, having a go at Hulda for one single unclean glass. I tried to ignore him, right up until Hulda began to weep and Nazeem kept going. I stood up and turned to him.​
"Nazeem. Leave her alone."
"You have no part in this." Nazeem didn't even have the decency to look at me.
"Maybe not, but I will do if you don't leave her alone."
Nazeem whipped around, turning to face me, his angry face right up to mine. "No-one asked for your input, bastard."
There was silence. My fists clenched. Enrael growled loudly and prepared to pounce. I suddenly gritted my teeth and punched Nazeem, hard, with one tightly gloved hand. He was lucky one of the large spikes hadn't pierced his cheek. He fell, looked up at me, and spat at me. I kicked him in the mouth, and a tooth flew off into the wall as Nazeem fell unconscious. I looked around the inn. Everyone was staring at me.
"Don't ever call me bastard." My birth annoyed me as much as it annoyed everyone else. Damn Thalmor, raping my mother on a drunken night out; it was their fault, not mine. The threat seemed to work its magic though, as everyone turned away and began talking again. I turned to Hulda, and put a hand on her shoulder, offering her my handkerchief. "Are you alright?"
"Yes, yes, I think so. Thank you, Wolfrunner. I promise you, no-one will ever call you bastard in this inn again, not without getting thrown out."
"He was right, Hulda, but thanks for the gesture. Now, I need that room again. How much was it?"
"Oh, no, Wolfrunner, you have it free of charge tonight. And the next night, if you wish it."
I inclined my head to Hulda in thanks, and climbed the stairs to the large room that overlooked the rest of the inn. Rather than sitting on the chair to watch the inn from above, I just went straight to bed. I was fed up of people calling me Wolfrunner, and bastard, even though both were justified. I changed out of my leather clothing and into a silk gown, then got under the sheets and closed my eyes. Enrael laid beside me, snuggling his snout into my neck and keeping me warm. I hugged him, gripping his soft brown fur, and drifted off to sleep.

EpicVakarian

------------------------------------------CHAPTER 2------------------------------------------
I woke up to sweet silence. I could see the sun through the rickety boards of the roof, over to the east. From my current, sleep-ridden state, I would guess it was around about 8am.​
I swung my legs out of bed, rubbed my eyes, and looked down to the bar. Hulda was already up, thankfully.​
"Hulda! Could you bring me up some breakfast, please? And a bit of raw meat for Enrael, if you could."
"Of course, Wolfrunner! I'll be right up."
I smiled in thanks, and walked back to my room. I dropped the gown to the floor, naked before I pulled on my sleeveless shirt. It covered my upper body, but left my belly open. Then I put my legs through my skintight trousers, and wrapped the belt around it. My boots went on soon after, along with my jacket, which covered about as much as the shirt, but had sleeves that extended to my elbows. Then I put on my tight gloves; the ones that were so tight that they didn't affect my dexterity because my fingers were so perfectly wrapped in the leather.
Not long after, Hulda knocked on the door and brought in a steaming bowl of porridge, and a haunch of raw beef for Enrael, who tore into it immediately.
"How much is that, Hulda?"
"Oh, Wolfrunner, please, I gave the room free, take the-"
"Hulda. This stuff is expensive. There you go," I said, giving her fifty septims. I knew that the food didn't cost that much, not even adding the cost of the room on, but Hulda deserved it. She was a lovely woman.
"..Thank you, Wolfrunner." She nodded and retreated out of the room, while I sat and ate my porridge.
As I left the inn, having told Hulda to threaten Nazeem in the name of the Wolfrunner, a young man ran up to me, panting.
"A letter for you, miss. From General Tullius."
"Do you want everyone in Whiterun to hear my business?" I kept my voice hushed but angry.
"Uh, no, miss. I'm sorry. Anyway, here's your letter."
I opened the letter out of sight, leaning against a stone wall of Arcadia's Cauldron.
Wolfrunner,
I know you are not technically with the Legion,
but I ask for your help.
I cannot risk telling you why, not in a letter that might be intercepted.
Please, come to Castle Dour and find me.
-Gen. Tullius, leader of Imperial forces in Skyrim-
I stared down at the letter for a moment, wondering what in Nirn Tullius could be planning that was so important it needed this. But whatever it was, I damn well wanted to be a part of it.​
I walked down through the Plains District, out of Whiterun's main gate, and towards the stables.​
"Morning, Bjorlam."
The carriage driver looked around and saw me. "Wolfrunner! Good day, my friend. Where can I take you?"
I paused, looking down at the letter again.
"Take me to Solitude."

EpicVakarian

------------------------------------------CHAPTER 3----------------------------------------
I walked through Solitude, ignoring the merchants and their wares. I flashed the letter at the guard to Castle Dour, who, mysteriously, wasn't a Solitude guard, or a Legionnaire. Rather, he was Penitus Oculatus. I pushed the strange thought out of my mind, and walked into Castle Dour, finding Tullius' quarters and opening the door.​
I stumbled back when I saw who was in the room with Tullius. Then I remembered my manners and knelt.​
"Your Grace," I said as the Emperor Titus Mede II turned to look at me. "I apologise for my dress. Had I known Your Grace would be accompanying General Tullius, I would have dressed better."
"Nonsense; I can hardly blame you. Tullius could never have told you I was coming. Rise."
I stood up, and clasped my hands together at my front solemnly. Tullius began to speak;
"Good to see you, Wolfrunner. You ran into no trouble along the way, I assume?"
"No, General. As you know, anyone who crosses me never gets away from me."
The Emperor chuckled at this. "Well, Tullius. It seems you meant every word you said about this girl."
"All due respect, your Grace, but I am a woman, not a girl."
Tullius' eyes widened. "Are you mad, Wolfrunner? This is the Emperor of Tamriel!" The Emperor simply laughed again and waved him down.
"And you're clearly not a normal woman, are you? I can see that beast lurking behind you. No normal woman has a pet like that."
"As your Grace has just said, I am not a normal woman." The Emperor seemed to find even that funny.
"Now, then. Wolfrunner, is it, Tullius? Wolfrunner; what do you know about the dwarves?"
My mind whirred. Why was the Emperor asking me about long-dead civilisations, and why was it so important? Something was wrong, and I didn't like the sound of it already.
"The dwarves, your Grace? They are extinct. The Dwemer died out long ago, and left their technologies scattered over Tamriel."
The Emperor listened, his hand at his mouth, nodding. "All of this we assumed to be true for over a thousand years." He lowered his hand and sat down in his chair, but leaned forward. "We were wrong."
"Wrong, your Grace?"
"Wrong. Tullius, tell her." I turned to Tullius, giving him a questioning look.
"As you know, the Dwemer devices have been left over Tamriel, and particularly in Skyrim. They seem to reactivate all the time; adventurers going missing, slain by mechanical giants forged from dwarven metal. Well, they're reactivating much more than normal now. We even spotted one emerging from Mzinchaleft. Lost five men taking it down. And just a few days ago, people started swarming into Elisif's court to beg help, saying that the ground is quaking beneath their feet. And one man claimed to have seen a dwarf. The first dwarf seen in Tamriel since the 1st Era. Obviously, Elisif sent the man away as a madman, but three more claim to have seen dwarves as well. It could be nothing, but we can't risk it. If the Dwemer return in hostility, it could end the Empire."
My mouth hung open slightly, but I gained my senses. "All of this is indeed worrying, General, but what does it have to do with me?"
"We want you to go here;" he pointed to a map, just southwest of Dragon Bridge, "And scout out the place. All the people who saw dwarves lived around that ruin."
"Very well, but why me? Why not send a squad of Legionnaires? I'm sure they could get the job done much better than me."
"That may be so," the Emperor said, not looking at me. "But if the Dwemer find you, they won't associate you to the Empire, and won't hold it against us. Legionnaires, well... you can see the difference. Tullius told me how you don't count yourself among the Legionnaires. If that's true, then, as cruel as it sounds, you can be used as a scapegoat. The Empire can pass you off as a particularly brave local, and make peaceful contact with the Dwemer."
I understood, even if it was a horrible way of saying it. "Of course, your Grace. But don't expect me to hand myself over to the Dwemer. If I find them, I'm straight out of there, back here to inform your Grace. If I don't, the same applies."
The Emperor smiled. "Of course. Now, go on. Go and find out what is going on."
I nodded, gave a small curtsy, and walked out of the castle. I marked on my map where Tullius had pointed to; an old Dwemer ruin, Bthardamz. I simply clicked my tongue to bring Enrael to heel, and set off.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts