OOC The Lost Sands of Volenfell

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
    Avast ye scurvy dogs. I'm Captain Nagisus, and I am setting up this thread on behalf of Ovalteenies. This is the Lost Sands of Volenfell, a new roleplay that me, Ovalteenies and death raider all helped to make. Ovalteenies had the idea for a new style of RPing entirely, I came up with the basis of the storyline and death raider was the recruiter. But that makes it sound a bit like I did all the work - we all did the same amount of work, I assure you :p Ovalteenies came up with an idea for a Dungeons and Dragons style of RPing. Where there are a bunch of big old dungeons full of different kinds of enemies, and Ovalteenies sort of throws us into situations, such as - we walk through a door into a MASSIVE SNAKE PIT. What do you do? That kind of thing. And another note: this RP basically pivots on relationships, strengths and weaknesses. So you should have at least one weakness, and no more than two major strengths and two minor strengths.

There are legends that a legendary hammer, forged for the great Daedra Lord Malacath, Volendrung, is buried somewhere in the lands where that hammer once fell - Hammerfell. Some say that it is buried, deep underground, in a place called Arkilftand in the very place that it fell and the Rourken Dwemer made their home.

And who's to say that you could not get that hammer for yourself? And so, you and five others go to venture to Arkilftand - but the journey will be long. You will need three keys to penetrate the door that houses Volendrung (and the mechanical beast that guards it), but those keys are useless without a certain enchanting spell. A spell that can only be learned in a book, housed in a Dwarven museum in Taneth. It will require cunning, strength and agility to get your hands on the legendary warhammer of Malacath. Do you have what it takes?

RP ROSTER:
    Dungeon Master: Ovalteenies [ADM] "The Dungeon Master."
    Librarian/Adventurer: Captain Nagisus [OP] "Nagisus."
    Overseer/Adventurer: death raider [OP] "Lena."
    Adventurer: E14H "Asif."
    Adventurer: Boudica "Uglúk."
    Adventurer:
    Adventurer: leepdroon "Leepdroon."

We have three empty slots. If you want to apply, simply post your character card in the regular sort of format (minimum would be name, race, age, gender, major skills, one weakness, personality and a paragraph of bio. Note the word minimum: the more you include, the more likely you'll get in).

RULES:
    There are three kinds of rule in this RP. There's orange - "Ah -- you're pushin' it." - and red - "Alright - yar takin' the piss." Break 1 orange rule and you get a warning, break 3 and your character gets punished. Break 1 red rule, your character gets punished, break 3 and your character gets punished WHOPPINGLY. If you break a rule, I'll notify you to tell you to edit your post. And there's yellow - "You don't have to be crazy to work here, but it helps." - these aren't rules with punishments, they are guidelines. Recommendations.

1. This is not an 18+ RP. Keep it suitable for kids.
    2. Do not get into loud, shouty arguments with your fellow RPers. I have enough stress as it is.
    3. If you get punished for something, be mature about it. We understand you'll be upset that your character lost their weapon in a fight with a werebear and you have to use a terrible weapon, but don't start whinging.
    4. No OP characters and no godmodding. Sure, we'd be fine with a 200-year-old warrior - as long as that's feasible. A Nord's not going to live to 200, but a Dark elf might.
    5. No one-liners. Simple.
    6. Don't be the guy who, every time there's a weak-ish enemy, one-shot-kills it. Sometimes people like to be creative in the way they kill things. Take turns eating snake heads, don't kill them every time they appear.
    7. Swearing is allowed, but nothing over the top. Preferably you would use other words instead of it (to lower my character's swearing I commonly replace swears with "histsap" or "Is-Not").
    8. Part of this RP is relationships. Don't be the loner who ignores everyone (unless your loner has a sad backstory that makes everyone really sympathetic and caring). No matter what, you have to have a relationship (be it love, like or hate) with one other character.
    9. Post at least once a day. Exceptions can be made if you really couldn't squeeze in one post, or if you haven't been getting alerts.
    10. Try to keep posts to one paragraph or more (five decent-length sentences or more).
    11. Don't be afraid to ask me, death or Oval questions. If you're afraid I'm meaner than a soldier in the army of the former USSR, just picture this - as I write this I am sat in my PJs on a spinning chair scratching myself.

That's about it. Have fun! Show your support with this in your sig:

lmuCP.jpg

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Heres my character card:

Name: Lena
    Race: Wood Elf
    Personality: She is quite bossy and very determind to the task she sets herself and she is also strong willed and hates all bandits and has made it her task to kill those she doesn't like.
    Appearence:
    images

Weapons: Bow and arrows made by herself in Valenfell.
    Armor: Full set of Elven armor
    Bio:

Lena is an orphan and she got herself in serious trouble in Valenwood where she conmitted treason after trying to kill a general who is high up in the Valenwood council, so she made her escape nearly losing her life after being shot with an arow in the back. After wards she travelled to Cyrodil where she was healed and by that point her life was nearly over. She was then found trying to steal off high council members so she made an escape once more so she set her destination to Skyrim a place of snow and ice a place waged with war.

Lena then became an adventurerer and after many years in Skyrim looking into Dwemer and Nordic ruins searching for treasure. Lena then set on an adventure which she had never even thought of doing. She went to Hammerfell in search of one of the greatest artifacts of all time, the Volendrug created by Malacath.

Lena has been recruiting adevnturers in search of Volendrug. Lena knows not of the location which is why she must embark on this journey with others looking for the lost artifact.

Strengths: She is great at archery, accruacy and she is very cunning and devious.

Weaknesses: She is very quick at doing things and she is very snappy, which could result in her death or of others close to her.

blue 468

This sounds like a really cool RP. If you would have me, I would like to post my character card later:)

blue 468

(Added a little more but I want to keep some stuff a secret for the Roleplay:))

Name: Aenar
    Race: Nord/Imperial
    Personality: Nice and friendly, but is very serious during a fight. Once he makes a good friend he is loyal to the end
    Appearance: 2012-11-01_00001.jpg
    Weapons: Sword and shield
    Armor: scaled armor
    Dislikes: Thalmor, Stormcloaks, and Bandits
    Bio: Aenar was born in Windhelm, Skyrim his mother was a Nord and his father was an Imperial. His father was sent to fight in the Great War before he was born and was killed. His mother grew very sick when he was only 8 and eventually died, Aenar was sent to live with his uncle on his mother’s side in Skingrad. His uncle was a drunk at first but warmed up to Aenar, he started to teach him how to fight and also educated him. About ten years later the Thalmor killed his uncle and sent him to prison in near Valenwood for worshipping Talos. He managed to escape to 2 years later. He became a Mercenary and traveled all around Tamriel, in till finally coming to Hammerfell where he heard of someone looking for a lost artifact.

Strengths: very skilled swordsman and kind of smart

Weaknesses: Very head strong thinking that anything could be solved straight forward with a few strong arms.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Personality: Nice and friendly, but is very serious during a fight. Once he makes a good friend he is loyal to the end
    Appearance: View attachment 3004
    Bio: Aenar was born in Windhelm, his parents died when he was very young so he was sent to live with his uncle in Cyrodiil. He was raised to be a warrior in both his fighting skill and honor.

One day Thalmor killed his uncle and Aenar barely escaped. He spent the next few years traveling Tamriel as a Mercenary in till finally coming to Hammerfell where he heard of someone looking for a lost artifact.

Weaknesses: Very head strong thinking that anything could be solved straight forward with a few strong arms.
    ok maybe add a bit more bio as the more detail and things you ahve in the character card the more likely you will be accepted as you can see were not accepting many people

UnLonged

True to the Name
    (Added a little more but I want to keep some stuff a secret for the Roleplay:))

Appearance: View attachment 3004
    Dislikes: Thalmor, Stormcloaks, and Bandits
    Bio: Aenar was born in Windhelm, Skyrim his mother was a Nord and his father was an Imperial. His father was sent to fight in the Great War before he was born and was killed. His mother grew very sick when he was only 8 and eventually died, Aenar was sent to live with his uncle on his mother’s side in Skingrad. His uncle was a drunk at first but warmed up to Aenar, he started to teach him how to fight and also educated him. About ten years later the Thalmor killed his uncle and sent him to prison in near Valenwood for worshipping Talos. He managed to escape to 2 years later. He became a Mercenary and traveled all around Tamriel, in till finally coming to Hammerfell where he heard of someone looking for a lost artifact.

I couldn't really care less about the bio to be honest. I'm looking for a more detailed area in the skills and personality department, include a class if you may to help a bit. I also need a more detailed description on the strengths and weaknesses area as this is where I would base the scenarios; if possible a combination of mental and physical ones. That falls to you as well death.

E14H

キー
    I've just finished my character profile, is it enough, or should I include more personal details/history?

About: Asıf (pronounced as'zaef) is a 25 year old redguard warrior-monk. He has short, dishevelled black hair; tarnished skin; a sharp, thin aquiline nose; and narrow lips. He has numerous white medical coverings wrapped tight around his eyes and nose to protect himself from light, a delicate face, and a lean, 5'9" build. Asıf is a quiet individual who prefers to communicate through facial movements and hand signs than to speak aloud. As a monk--an introvert whose life is dedicated to serving others--he feels disconnected from society, unable to comprehend the selfish desires of the common people and their apparent irrationality. Asıf was born with acute eye sensitivity, whereby any exposure that his eyes have to light results in excruciating headaches, eye strain, and eventual fatigue. Due to his disability, Asıf has grown up relying on his sense of hearing, taste, touch, and smell to survive, and is therefore weak against over-stimulation of these sensitised senses.

Asıf wears long, hooded, and bulky ashen robes; thin leather sandals; and wields a massive silver longsword and various small daggers. Wrapped around his left hand is a single rosary binding a small, anointed silver sword (1). As a descendent of the Alik'r sword-singers, Asıf's skill with a blade is almost unparalleled. Asıf has major expertise in one-handed weaponry and light armour, with minor expertise in alchemy, lockpicking, and sneak. He is weak against long range combat, the removal of his facial wrappings, magick, and those with superior control over both their bodies and emotions. He is strong against most warriors skilled in close combat and those unaware of his expertise with a sword.

History: As an orphan, Asıf was raised from birth by a monastery of warrior-monks within the Alik'r desert of Hammerfell. From an early age he was indoctrinated into their nigh-pacifistic order--where violence is considered to be the absolute last resort in the resolving of conflict. He spent the first half of his life within the monastery, learning the Way of the Sword from those adept enough to teach it. His life was relatively peaceful up until his nineteenth summer, when he was old enough to be sent out into Tamriel, expected to live, learn, and dedicate himself to the protection of all life.

1. The rosary has no connection with Christianity, it is only used as a symbol of Asıf's dedication to his cause.

UnLonged

True to the Name
    I've just finished my character profile, is it enough, or should I include more personal details/history?

About: Asıf (pronounced as'zaef) is a 25 year old redguard warrior-monk. He has short, dishevelled black hair; tarnished skin; a sharp, thin aquiline nose; and narrow lips. He has numerous white medical coverings wrapped tight around his eyes and nose to protect himself from light, a delicate face, and a lean, 5'9" build. Asıf is a quiet individual who prefers to communicate through facial movements and hand signs than to speak aloud. As a monk--an introvert whose life is dedicated to serving others--he feels disconnected from society, unable to comprehend the selfish desires of the common people and their apparent irrationality. Asıf was born with acute eye sensitivity, whereby any exposure that his eyes have to light results in excruciating headaches, eye strain, and eventual fatigue. Due to his disability, Asıf has grown up relying on his sense of hearing, taste, touch, and smell to survive, and is therefore weak against over-stimulation of these sensitised senses.

Asıf wears long, hooded, and bulky ashen robes; thin leather sandals; and wields a massive silver longsword and various small daggers. Wrapped around his left hand is a single rosary binding a small, anointed silver sword (1). As a descendent of the Alik'r sword-singers, Asıf's skill with a blade is almost unparalleled. Asıf has major expertise in one-handed weaponry and light armour, with minor expertise in alchemy, lockpicking, and sneak. He is weak against long range combat, the removal of his facial wrappings, magick, and those with superior control over both their bodies and emotions. He is strong against most warriors skilled in close combat and those unaware of his expertise with a sword.

History: As an orphan, Asıf was raised from birth by a monastery of warrior-monks within the Alik'r desert of Hammerfell. From an early age he was indoctrinated into their nigh-pacifistic order--where violence is considered to be the absolute last resort in the resolving of conflict. He spent the first half of his life within the monastery, learning the Way of the Sword from those adept enough to teach it. His life was relatively peaceful up until his nineteenth summer, when he was old enough to be sent out into Tamriel, expected to live, learn, and dedicate himself to the protection of all life.

1. The rosary has no connection with Christianity, it is only used as a symbol of Asıf's dedication to his cause.
    Good stuff. The important aspects that I am looking for is present. The character is well balanced having his ups and downs.
    I don't know about the others but I could barely read your post. If it's not too much to ask, please raise the size of the font at least one unit.

To everyone: I decided to delete the rule of having skills be of apprentice level and change it to having your character to be of apprentice standing. If you would be a master or expert of something, keep it to one and be reasonable about it, keeping in mind the general "No God Mode" rule.

E14H's card may be unorthodox but be as descriptive as him with the important points.

I apologize if I sound quite dictatorial and naggy but I just want this RP to be organized which would equate to fun and we all want that since that is mainly the reason why we are here right?

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
    So Oval. Please inform me, because you're not making it too obvious, who's in so far?

Alexstrasza

Mother of Dragons, Bride of Fire
    Name: Klara Many-Winters
    Race: Nord/Pure-Blood Vampire
    Class: Illusionist/Vampire Lord
    ------------------------------------​
    Appearance: Stands 5'10", long black hair that is either free or
    tied back (Much like Serana's) Pale skin from her Vampirism and
    bright red and gold hued eyes. Has a few scars on her body
    from Molag Bal.
    Gear: A set of red hued Vampire armor with a bright gold brooch. She has
    a small cloak on her back that has a hood that she wears during the day to
    protect her from the sun. She carries a steel dagger for extra protection but barely
    uses it.
    Ablilties: Has a good grasp on the basics of Illusion magic along with her various vampire
    powers such as: Vampire's Servant, Vampire's Sight, Vampiric Drain and Vampire's Desire. She will commonly use Fear, Calm or Courage. She will only depend on her Vampire powers if she needs to or has no choice. As for her Vampire Lord form, she refuses to transform as it releases her blood-fury locked inside her. The only time she will use it is if she is pushed beyond her mental and physical limits then her body will take over, making her transform.
    Personality: Seems to be like a loner as her vamprism pushed people away, Klara
    tries to be a sweetheart and help people. She fights back the viscous nature of
    the vamprism but some times allows it to merge and she will bare her fangs at
    anyone including her friends. Klara is also very defensive of young children
    and refuses to feast on them. She is also very responsible of her feeding, only feeding on those
    who offer and will often lick wounds instead of bighting so the person will not contract the diseases.
    Bio: Klara as born on a boat coming from Atmora, her parents were both farmers and hoped for a better start in the new land. Once
    they had landed, they packed up and followed many of others south to the fertile plains. They lived there for many good years and had plenty of crops
    but soon a rival Dragon Cult came and burned their crops to ash. Klara's father was angry and summoned Molag Bal on his summoning day and begged
    him to do vengeance on the Cult. Molag agreed but only if his daughter and wife were the sacrifice. Insane from anger, Klara's father agreed and allowed Molag Bal to take
    both his daughter and wife. Once in Cold Harbor, Molag did unspeakable things to both of them, killing Klara's mother in the process but turning Klara into a
    pure-blooded vampire.
    Klara emerged from the cave that her father dragged her to. In a heat for blood, she went back to her house and drained her father dry of blood. After gorging on her father, she passed out on the floor.
    When she awoke, she saw that her father was dead and the amount of blood that covered her was enough to tell her what she was. Klara ran away to Windhelm in hope that she would forget
    the violence of her home. There she met and fell in love with a young man, the two became close and married a few years later. On their wedding night they laid together, in the morning the man she married
    was dead, a large dual bite mark on his neck. Seeing this, she burned her house to the ground and ran away again.
    Klara soon met Harkon, who seeing that she was a pure-blood, soon took her in. She became close-friends with Serana and the two spent many years together. When Serana's mom took her away, she warned Klara
    that Harkon would attempt something as well. Klara ran away and headed towards Shrouded Grove, where she hid for years. Without blood to sustain her, Klara's body began to weaken greatly but not enough
    before she locked herself away in a large stone coffin.
    Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months and so forth. Centuries and centuries pass before Klara's body was found. Bandits had come to raid the Grove and forced opened the coffin. When seeing
    Klara's preserved body inside, they ran but one had spilled blood on Klara's face. The smell of fresh blood woke her and she went into a blood rage, killing the bandits in her Vampire Lord form. After feasting on
    bandits, her body completely restored, Klara left the Grove to see what had changed in her many years gone.

Strengths: Adept in working with various herbs, has the ability to smell blood.

Weaknesses: Incredibly weak to the sun, often causing her to pass out. Not fast on her feet and can be clumsy.

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
    Name: Leepdroon Antepion
    Race: Argonian

Class: All-Around, mostly light armored and usually works in the unseen path.
    Faction: College of Winterhold, The Nature Guardians (Created by me, not from the game)

Looks: Strong green skin, thin, not very muscled, 6.1 ft, war paint in the cheeks, claw scar in the left eye, by an enraged Cave Bear Mother.

War: Nobody besides J'Zargo, who gave his word about keeping it secret with his life, knows. Yet he says he witnessed the destruction of Helgen, which either reveals he was an enemy to the imperials going to be executed, or part of the Imperial army.

Diseases: He suffered from vampirism but was healed by Falion. Appears to be a weak misanthrope, but he fights it the best he can. He also is a Werecrocodile but it is so rare when he becomes one that it is not considered a disease. He only transforms when he is close to something that he is alergic to. But he hasn't noticed what it is yet.

Major Skills: Lockpicking, One-Handed, Sneaking, Conjuration and Destruction and Light Armor.
    Minor Skills: Archery, Heavy Armor, Speechcraft, Smithing, Alchemy

Personality: He does not hate war, since mostly only humans die. He keeps it to himself mostly all the time, but he reveals a lot when angered. Perhaps too much. He is greedy and sometimes a little selfish, unless someone he cares about is in danger. He may get depressed randomly for hearing about the Black Marsh and the civil war but he usually overcomes emotional pain really quickly.

Equipment: Thieves' armor, Adept mage hood, Orcish boots and Dwarven gauntlets. He also wields a silver amulet that his mother gave him before passing away from all her wounds and exhaustion. His hands may wield two Orcish daggers, either a Spriggan Blade and an Ebony shield, or a Spriggan Blade and a spell to conjure a Flame Atronach or Frost Atronarch. He may also wield the Spriggan Bow but it is not likely to happen.

Likes: Argonian Ale, Spriggans, Music, Swimming, Rivers, especially without Slaughterfish so he can swim freely, Dwarven technologies, Conjuration, Alchemy, despite not knowing much about it he really likes the way to different things may form a completely different one.
    Dislikes: Both-Handed, Falmer, Thalmor, Forsworn, Racism, especially against Khajiit and Argonians, Civil Wars, Memories of the Black Marsh, Slaughterfish.
    Acquaintances: J'Zargo (College of Winterhold), Cicero (Dark Brotherhood), Goldenleaf (Nature Guardians), Razorwind (Nature Guardians), Miraclerain (Nature Guardians), Maven and Ingun Black-Briar (Black-Briar Family). (How they met is in the journal, my blog)

Bio: Nobody knows much. He fought in the Black Marsh civil war according to his journal and lost his parents after the war was over. His best friend is the wizard J'Zargo, a Khajiit who studies in the College of Winterhold like him. He appears to have a little more than friendship with Goldenleaf. She has asked for his help sometimes and so did he.
    J'Zargo and Leepdroon's greed and interest in Dwarven technologies brought them into an adventure against Falmer through ancient Dwemer ruins. They owe their lives to each other when they saw their end so close in an unexpected attack from Dwarven Spheres Masters. How they escaped remains unknown, at least until someone reads Leepdroon's journal.
    Misc: Usually sleeps at the College, but sometimes rents a room at the Inn in Whiterun. He is fascinated by the Dwarven techonlogies and investigates them with his brother-in-arms J'Zargo. He was betrayed by the Brotherhood and left the Thieves Guild, for he is an enemy to both. But he kept the armor of the Guild when escaping the Flaggon.

Enemy factions: Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Forsworn.

Most hated foes: Those who underestimate their enemies, Falmer and Chaurus, Forsworn, Assassins, Thalmor and Vampires.
    Weakness: He doesn't do well in Falkreath for the presence of the Brotherhood, his argonian blood is not quite good in cold spots like mountains. Although, he got on in Winterhold for the heat the aura of the college provided. Frost is applied as efficiently as cold in hid argonian blood.
    Strength: His cold blood allows him to save his stamina in some unbearable heats like deserts. He is also great near rivers and seas, since he is a good swimmer and breathes under water, and incredibly resistant to poison due to his blood and the Spriggan Blessings he had from the Nature Guardians.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Ok guys only two more are allowed in and I think someone else is going to apply soon as well so we will all have a look and decide who's in. Thank you :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts