OOC The Keepers (18+)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    [The real RP thread is up now, but we are still recruiting! Looking for 5 more characters to fill up the RP]
    "There is power in these halls. Power to destroy. Power to preserve. Power to restore. Tell me. If all we had was gone, how long do you think we could last? How long before we are slaughtered like cattle? How far would you be willing to go, to restore what has been lost?"
    The ancient fortress of Stormhold, forgotten by time itself, had remained undisturbed for thousands of years in the far reaches of High Rock. After the Aldmeri Dominion had turned on the Empire following their loss in the Skyrim Civil War, the Breton people of High Rock turned away from Tamriel, shutting their borders and isolating themselves. It remained this way for decades before an archaeological excavation into the mountains discovered its presence. The ruler of High Rock was quick to act, and years later an ancient vault was uncovered. Magical Artifacts had remained neglected since before the fortress' construction, later revealed to have been a bastion of Dwemer exploration on the surface.​
    The foolish Bretons were quick to brag of their discovery to the rest of Tamriel. The Altmer people of the Summerset Isles grew jealous fast. The Fortress, named Stormhold was seen as a chance at retribution for Tamriel's hardiest criminals. The worst from every province was sent to the Fortress, sworn by oath to guard it until death freed them of their service. They were seen as heroes to the rest of Tamriel.​
    The artifacts in the depths of the fortress were difficult to control. The Altmer thought they could rise to this challenge and attempted to obtain the artifacts, first through bribery, then through diplomacy, and finally through brute force. The Altmer declared war on High Rock, and Skyrim, Morrowind and Hammerfell jumped to High Rock's aid. Elsewyr, Valenwood, Cyrodiil, Black Marsh and the Summerset Isles waged war on the weaker side, and Tamriel was plunged into an age of war once again. Forests fell, mountains crumbled and seas dried up as the Altmer used Arcane weapons to lay waste to what they could not have.​
    War raged for years, until a Breton scholar figured out a use for the Artifacts that lay dormant beneath Stormhold. He harnessed their might, and destroyed the Altmer, once and for all. He went crazy, possessed by powers beyond his control, and systematically began to destroy the other races, until only the Bretons, Orcs, Redguards and Nords remained alive outside of Stormhold. He was struck down by a High Elven prisoner, a serial killer before his sentence to service in Stormhold. The war was ended.​
    The peace was brief. Stormhold was built upon until it was almost the size of a small city, adding mines and farms. From the ashes of the other provinces, wrecked by magic, rose a threat much greater than any that Tamriel had ever faced before. The dead began walking, and the embers of civilization gave life to whole new breeds of monsters. Demons of all kinds marched on the remnants of civilization. thousands were rushed to Stormhold before civilizations crumbled, and Stormhold became the last surviving pinnacle of life in all of Tamriel. Protection of the keep fell to an elite core of warriors, mages and assassins known only as the Keepers. They are the keep's only hope, and they alone have the power to restore what has been taken from them, thanks to the artifacts that lie beneath the keep. This, my friends, is where our story begins.​
    Rules:
    1) Be respectful of your fellow Roleplayers, we are all here for the same reason, and that reason is to enjoy ourselves.​
    2) Mind your language! This is an 18+ role-play, but excessive use of offensive (particularly racist) language towards another character or player will not be tolerated at all.​
    3) Please keep things vaguely Lore-friendly. This RP is set in the ashes of High Rock, and our enemies are new, but apart from that, culture and religion is the same.​
    4) Bear in mind that all races will be playable due to the fact that other races were living in High Rock before the collapse of Tamriel, but they probably will not be exactly the same as in current Elder Scrolls games.​
    5) Note that this is an 18+ RP, meaning there will likely be strong language and sexual themes, among other things. If you are not mature enough to participate, it's probably not worth you putting in a CC.​
    CC:
    The character card will consist of the following details:​
    Name:​
    Race:​
    Appearance:​
    Personality:​
    Equipment:​
    Quirks:​
    History/Background:​
    Skills:
    Master: (3 max)​
    Expert: (5 max)​
    Adept: (8 max)​
    Apprentice: (10 max)​
    Novice:​
    I will keep the cast updated on this page, as well as any news or updates. I will be accepting a maximum of 12 players to play the cast of the Keepers, and I hope this RP prospers. Once I have collected a cast of 6 or above I will put up the IC thread.​
    Please note that if you will be inactive you must let us know and make arrangements so that you character will act appropriately in your absence. Please try not to overpower your players, and do not control each other. I will put up my CC soon.​
    Please choose a colour for your character's speech to allow easy definition between characters.​
    Blitzz as Torlin Rillik
    Skies as Draven Mako
    EpicVakarian as Illia
    CapObvious as Rumare Soulsung
    Farthlion as Agrastyr
    Blackdoom59 as Nero
    Daryl Dixon as Levi

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Full Name: Draven Mako
    Nicknames/Aliases: “Lazy” Draven
    Sex/Gender: Male
    Religion: Surprisingly devoted to Mara and Talos

Race: Nibenese Imperial

Afflictions: Air headedness, always hungry

Birthplace: Rumored to be from Bravil, Cyrrodiil

Current Residence: Stormhold, High Rock

Affiliation: Fighters Guild (Rank: Guardian)

Skills
    Expert- 2-handed, 1-handed, light armor
    Adept- block
    Appretice- Marksman (Throws random things that aren’t supposed to be thrown as weapons), Conjuration (Summons bound weapons)

Gear: Wears Stalhrim Light armor without a helmet, Wears a Thalmor Robe like a cape fastened to his shoulders but not with his arms in the sleeves, carries no weapons but his gauntlets seem to be enchanted so he packs a bigger punch

Magic: Bound Mace, bound Warhammer

Appearance: Average height for an imperial, not to skinny but slightly on the slender side, skin has a slightly tanned look to it, his black hair is kept short often swept back forming an impromptu pompadour-like hairstyle, has long trimmed side-burns, also sports a Fu Manchu-esque mustache, and he has a green eyes and the right side of his face ruined with a nasty scar as if he was mauled by a giant rat.

Personality: Often says silly things, never seems to be serious, often mentions being hungry and such, is known to be able to fall asleep anywhere. Yet some think this is just an act, as he was able to rise through the ranks of the Fighter’s Guild quickly when he suddenly appeared in High Rock. Often times he reveals a strange awareness, snapping to doors before they open, sniffing the air before an animal will break the brush, and other strange habits.

Interests: Eating, fighting, gold
    (You earn it through fighting, then get food with it! - Draven Mako)

History: His nearly trademark armor suggests time in Solstheim, though he never seems to take time to confirm. But he seems to have an audacious dislike of Thalmor, wearing one of their fallen justicar’s robes facetted to his armor like a cape. He says he came to High Rock because he heard about their cooking, but that seems like only part of the truth. He is still a mercenary at heart and is willing to help almost everyone for a good meal and good money. Seems to have a soft spot for charity and speaks of his time in the canals of his home city, which leads to the rumors that he came from a poor family in Bravil.

Quirks: Often says his own name to refer to himself, unfocused unless fighting or talk of Thalmor,

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Name: Torlin Rillik
    Race: Redguard

Birthplace: Sentinel
    Dislikes: High Elves, Destruction Magic, Rivalry
    Afflictions: None

Appearance: 6'5" tall. Dark of face, muscular. Long brown hair that reaches the base of his neck. Green, piercing eyes. Broad shoulders and wide chest. Thick, muscular legs. A thin, black stubble beard and a small, rounded nose. Has a spike painted in light red that goes over his right cheek and eye.

Personality: A gentle giant, strong and good hearted. Intelligent but gullible, kind and loyal. Fiercely protective of those he cares for and slow to place trust in people. Bound strongly by honour and duty. Ignorant at times but generally easy-going and curious. A devout worshiper of the Nine Divines.

Equipment: Always wears steel plated armour with gold trimmings, but seldom wears the helmet. Carries 4 weapons with him at all times, choosing to mix and match between a longbow, 2 steel shortswords and an elven hatchet, and a wide array of other hand crafted weapons, along with his steel shield. A man who believes that steel is the best metal for a weapon. When not wearing armor or a smith's apron, he wears a thin, tight fitting shirt, the color of which often reflects his mood. Wears leather boots and a cowl. Has a wide array of clothing and armor assides his preferred set, and enjoys making new clothes greatly.

Quirks: Often tilts his head to the left when thinking deeply, and has a habit of tapping his left hand against the plates on his leg when he feels uncomfortable.

History: Torlin grew up in the Hammerfell capital of Sentinel. His father was a blacksmith, a strange man who preferred art and craft opposed to the mercenary work with which to take up. Torlin's father was Redguards have been closely linked. killed when the forward camp he was stationed at was attacked by Altmer forces, and he has harboured a strong hatred of all High Elves ever since. He left for Stormhold with thousands of refugees after the monsters began rising, and was one of just a few hundred who made the journey to its end, all of them telling stories of his bravery and how he defended them. He organised the order of the Keepers, but refused to take charge of them. He is recognised frequently as Stormhold's main blacksmith, and one of it's fiercest warriors. Since his arrival at Stormhold he has begun to learn to utilise his natural affinity with magic, focusing mainly on Conjuration magic and Alteration magic. He is also recognised as an exceptional cook, having learned from his mother, and is capable of brewing potent potions that come in handy often.

Skills:
    Master: Smithing, One-Handed, Heavy Armour
    Expert: Blocking, Archery, Cooking
    Adept: Alchemy, Conjuration, Alteration
    Apprentice: Speech, Two-Handed
    Novice: Other

A.Auditore

maybe...
    *watches* >_> don't mind me, move along nothing to see here

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Okay, so we RP as one of the Keepers? What's the general plot going to be; we try to fix Stormhold, or what? I'm not entirely getting it. :/

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    General aim? Defend Stormhold whilst we try and figure out how to use the artifacts, then push out and try and reestablish society

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

A.Auditore

maybe...
    I'll try to get a cc up today >_> still thinking about *strokes beard*

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    If we could vary the races that'd be cool but it's not important

A.Auditore

maybe...
    sweet I'll take nord then >_> and hopefully the card will be okie dokie artichokey

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    I'm sure it will, with Epic's (maybe) we'll have four of the six needed to start and form the inner circle, the rest can be recruits that work their way into the circle in time :)

EpicVakarian

Right, I've decided I'll be putting up a CC. I was about to say "I'll be either Breton or Imperial", but looking at yours and Skies' CCs, that's out of the picture :p Is it alright to be Breton, though, seeing as you're half Redguard?

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Its fine to be full breton or imperial, like i said as great as it would be I don't want it to force anyone into changing their character

EpicVakarian

Great :D Probably won't be able to write up a CC tonight but definitely tomorrow night.

EpicVakarian

Wait, what's the weather like in Stormhold? Cold, warm, wet, dry, what? It'll affect my choice of armour/casual clothes, of course :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts