• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
SUMMARY:
Yerek' Mard is a Bosmer that has awoken in a back of a horse drawn cart and not really sure where he is. Far away from his native land of Valenwood, Yerek' struggles to find a new life, and what purpose the gods have for him in the north. Also, unlike a few of the other stories I have been reading, I am going to start the story with the opening scene. I still am going to keep an open mind and open style of gameplay though.

PLAY RESTRICTIONS:
The restrictions are similar to that of BIGwooly's hardcore game style with a few tweaks of my own.
- Difficulty is set to master.
- 0% HUD
- Carrying capacity is 20% of what the game allows. (using light armor)
- Cannot use potions while in combat.
- Can only use potions if there is a free hand.
- Not allowed to harvest unusual items.
- No unrealistic perks.
- Must sleep 8 hrs a day with rare exceptions allowed.
- Must restore 5% of health with food every day.
- No enchanting (only use smithing to improve weapons and armor)
- Not allowed to swim while wearing armor (leather and fur armor excluded)
- May not use in game map unless in a known area.
- No fast travel except for carts.
- No exploits.
- Only save while resting/sleeping.
- Must load from manual save after death.
- Only use auto save when game freezes or glitches.
- After death, must heal and rest at an inn for 7 days and pay for 7 days of food.
A side note, and this is just personal preference, but I don't use perks until I reach level 5, then I won't use any again until 10. After level 10 leveling up slows down enough that I spend the perk every level, assuming a perk I want is available.

BACKSTORY:
Yerek' Mard is a wood elf that hails from Arenthia, a city in the north eastern region of the country of Valenwood. Like most Bosmer, he excelled at being a hunter and ranger with brilliant work with a bow, and sneaking up on his targets and is most comfortable wearing leather and fur armor. For the past few years though, he has live in the Cyrodiilic city of Duma as a trader and merchant. He is also very skeptical of other races, especially the Khajiits, from the Five Years War, and the Altmer, from the War of the Blue Divide.

Date Unknown
"Holy Y'ffre, where am I?" That was my first thought as I awoke and tried to shake the cobwebs from my head. I knew I should have never trusted those damn cats! I thought it was too good to be true when they insisted we put our ancestral differences aside, especially when they insisted we celebrate our newfound friendships with some Skooma. That's really the last thing I remembered.

But I can't dwell on that now, I need to figure out why my hands are bound, why I am in the back of a horse drawn cart, and why I am with 3 Nords, one of which is also gagged. After hearing a horse thief say we got caught at a border crossing, I knew I wasn't home nor still in Cyrodiil, though most logical place would be Skyrim. But what crime had I committed while drunk on that moon sugar, or what had those Khajiis say I did to warrant my arrest.

Apparently the man with his mouth wrapped is named Ulfrich, he is the jarl of Windhelm and the leader of the Stormcloaks. Apparently that is his and the 4th passenger's crime, leading a rebellion of some sort. As we arrive at the town of Helgen, the guards call everyone's name, but my name isn't on there! Did the Imperials realize their mistake? Am I free to go!?!? No, to the block I go anyways...

As it becomes my time, an odd thunder roars through the sky. I figured it was just some odd weather they have up here in the north, but even the Nords and Imperials were startled by it too. Either way, the proceeding still went on. As I lay my head down on the blood soaked chopping block and looked up at the executioner, something swoops down and lands on a nearby tower. We all realized it at the same time, A DRAGON!!!!!!!

As it roared, it let out a breath of fire that engulfed everything around me. That's really the last thing I remembered til I was standing outside the Keep and one of the Stormcloaks, and one of the Imperials were standing there telling me each to go with them. I made a split decision, and went with the Imperial, named Hadvar. I went with Hadvar partially because I didn't know who the Stormcloaks were nor what they were fighting for, and also I wanted to show that I wasn't a criminal and prove my honor. Don't want to give them a proper reason to give them a proper reason to put my head on the block.

After getting inside the Keep, Hadvar cut the binds from my hands and told me to grab some gear. We fought some Stormcloaks, and made our way down to some caverns. After fighting some HUGE spiders we came across a bear sleeping. Hadvar suggested we sneak around her, while I am good at sneaking, I reminded him that unlike other Mer, we are hunters. He sighed and gave me a bow and a few arrows. I crept up and let an arrow loose. It struck the bear in the shoulder and she awoke. I was able to let a other one go and completely missed. It was then I realized how long I had been away from Valenwood, and how long it had been since I was hunting. Fortunately, Hadvar rushed in and hacked her down. I took the pelt and claws and figured I could sell them for some gold.

After we (Hadvar) took care of the bear we found the exit to the cave. As we came out we saw the dragon flying off to the north. We started down a trail and Hadvar said we should head to Riverwood to make sure his uncle is safe there. As we approached his hometown we came across some guardian stones. He told me to pick one and the gods would bless me with those skills. I wasn't going to choose a Mage, I am no Altmer. It was down to the Thief or the Warrior. While I am no thief, some those skills sure were appealing, but thinking back to why I went with Hadvar in the first place, I chose Warrior because I didn't want him to regret releasing me. Also, the warrior has some skills I could use too.

Further down the road we were ambushed by a pack of wolves. We (again, I mean Hadvar) took care of those quite easily, and I gathered their pelts as well.

A few minutes later, we arrived in Riverwood and met his uncle, Alvor, and his family. He owns the local forgery. He invited both of us in for dinner and we proceeded to telling him the story of our day. Now that dinner is over, we are exhausted and I need some sleep, fortunately Alvor offered me a bed so I didn't have to pay for a room at the local inns. So here I am, about to turn in for the night, I thought I should write down my thoughts so I could never forget today, I don't believe I ever could though. We shall see what tomorrow brings, for I do not know.

Before I get started with the journal, I just wanted to point out that I bumped the HUD opacity to 20%, I have to play the game quietly generally speaking, and I need the subtitles. If subtitles could still be displayed and 0 then I would still play at 0.

Morndas, 18th of Last Seed

When I awoke, Alvor's wife had fixed us breakfast, and I returned the armor and weapons to Hadvar. Alvor felt bad, so he said I could use his forge. I told him that I didn't know anything about smithing, so he should me how to make an iron dagger and a hide helmet. He also showed me to make basic improvements to both items. After I was done, Alvor insisted that I keep both items. I knew I could surely use the dagger, but wasn't sure if I liked the look of the hide helmet with just some basic clothing on, so Alvor sent me across the road to the Riverwood Trader and see if I could get a few coins for it. Before leaving, I also tanned the hides of the few wolves and the one bear that I managed to kill. (Hadvar isn't here, so I can take credit now)

When I walked in the two keepers were arguing about something. I later found out that they were brother and sister, Lucan and Camilla. Apparently some thieves stole some item. Honestly I wasn't really bothered with their problem at this point and time, I had my own problems, so I just started shopping. I was able to sell my helmet that I made along with some magic robes that I found in the torture chamber of Helgen Keep. I also had found some magika potions and some other coins, so I was up to 246 gold. I was hoping he would have had a bow of some sort, but no luck... Arrows, but no bow. I ended up buying some cheese for the upcoming days as well as some healing potions. With 33 gold pieces left I figured I should save the rest of my monies for unexpected occasions. I thanked Lucan, and left the shop figuring I should go out and hunt to try and start earning a living. A place to sleep would be nice too, I can't keep living at Alvor's.

As I headed south out of town I ran into another fellow Bosmer named Faendal. He was happy to see another one of our kind as well, but he also wanted me to help him out with a problem of he was having with a local bard named Sven. Apparently they were both in love Camilla from the trader shop. So he asked me to deliver a note that he had forged to her. I obliged only because how were of the same blood. After delivering the note, I returned to Faendal and told him what happened. He was happy that his plan worked and gave me 25 gold for my troubles, I guess it was worth it. He told me there was good hunting around Riverwood which made me feel better about my chances.

After spending most of the morning and the early afternoon chasing deer and elk that I would never catch, I decided to turn towards fishing. I found some rapids in the stream and was able to catch 3 salmon. I figured with that and the cheese I would be set for dinner, so it was time to start looking for a camp. Unfortunately, it was getting dark quickly and I ran into a wolf who looked as if he knew I would be coming. He probably heard me from a mile away. Not wanting to fight a wolf and especially not in the dark, I decided to head back to Riverwood and stay at the inn and start looking again tomorrow. While running back to Riverwood (and not away from the wolf of course, let's just be clear about that!) a rabbit ran in front of me and I tripped over it breaking its neck and almost mine! I felt bad for the little guy since let out such a pathetic cry, but I wasn't going to let my sympathy get in the way with me using that blessing as a resource, so I gutted and cleaned the rabbit. By that time it was completely black outside. I rented a room from Dlephine at the Sleeping Giant Inn and now am settling in for the night drinking some mead and ale while eating the salmon and cheese, but that does not taste good together, hopefully I can learn to cook soon. Tomorrow is much of the same, exploring and hunting. Hopefully I can save up for some leather and bow so I can hunt better and explore the mountains without freezing.

Tirdas, 19th of Last Seed

I woke after a good night's sleep, feeling refreshed! I got up and had some breakfast and spoke with Orgnar, the innkeeper. We got to chatting and he mentioned something about the Dark Brotherhood, and speaking to some kid in Windhelm about them. He pointed it out on my map, but that seems a ways a way for now. He also something about the Shrine of Azura and visiting her statue built by the Dunmer. He finally got to the good part and told me about a job from the jarl that had sent out, a bounty for killing a bandit leader. I told him wolves were trouble enough, humans would be way too much for now. He told me no one else was interested in it either, so if I was feeling lucky one day, he was sure that I could still claim the reward if I killed them all.

Before departing the town for the day I stopped by Alvor's again, I remembered seeing some iron ore veins around by and wanted to see if he had a pickax for sale. Turns out he did, and only wanted 16 gold for it, and that's exactly how much I had! So I set out seeking my fortune!! I was good on food for the day, so all I needed was sleeping arrangements. As soon as I left the village, I realized that I didn't mark it on my map where the veins were, so I was left searching for a couple of hours. As I was about to start to lose hope around noon I saw an elk bathing in the river. I figured that was as good of time as any to make a move. So I went in after him, only to realize I can't swim and hack at him with my dagger. So I chased him to the shallows and started swinging away. After chasing the wounded animal in and out of the water, taking a swing when I could, I finally brought him down. I dragged him out of the water and on to the shore. As soon as I got him on the shore a wolf came and challenged me for my prize. Too proud of what I has done, I wasn't going to let him stop me. Though in the end I had to use some of my health potions to repair I added his pelt to my collection around my waist along with the elk's. I also cut off its antlers and harvested some meat!

Exhausted after my struggles, I looked for a little rock or something to rest on, and wouldn't you know it, it wast the ore I was looking for! So I took a brief nap on it, then began to mine it. After struggling to grasp the hang of it, I was able to collect 3 pieces of iron that I thought could be sellable, so I gathered all my prizes for the day and headed back to Alvor, even though it wasn't nighttime yet. Unfortunately all my hard work got me was only 45 coins. Enough to sleep for a few more nights. Tomorrow I may venture after those bandits in hope of better supplies and bigger rewards!

Middas, 20th of Last Seed

If I said I awoke early this morning, it would mean that I went to sleep last night... However, thanks to that blasted bard pounding on his drums all night, sleep was few and far apart.

Just to make the morning even worse, it was raining outside. YUCK. One good thing about the lack of sleep was the fact I had a chance to mull over my decision to go after the bandits. First and foremost, I still only had my dagger, a pickax as weapons and my rags for armor... Secondly, it appeared to be a ways away on my map, and that left too many areas for ambush. I decided it would be better to talk to Lucan and Camilla about their problems, and maybe I can help them out. It turns out they had an item, a dragon claw, had been stolen from them a few nights back. They think the bandits might be holed up in a place called Bleak Falls Barrow. I told them that I would do it, but that was the place Hadvar had mentioned on our way towards Riverwood, and something about Draugrs. Not sure what they are, but they don't sound pleasant. As I was about to leave, I decided to stop by Alvor's place and he said that if I was going to set off, I should go to Whiterun and warn the jarl of the dragons messing about. To me that seemed like a much safer bet than fighting bandits and Draugrs. Plus it was half way to to the bandit camp, so half of my recon could be done.

On the way, I was able to dispatch a wolf. He lunged at my throat, and I was able to get my dagger up into his throat first. Like usual, I skinned his hide and collected his pelt. As I approached Whiterun, I noticed how huge the city was! There were even farms and a brewery and stables outside the city walls! Walking up to the city and passing by one of the farms, I saw a group of warriors taking on a giant?!?! I stand by and watch as they take the beast down. One of the female warriors gave me some grief about my lack of participation but said if I wanted to make some money and take care of problems that people needed solved then I should join the Companions Guild. With all this talk of brotherhood and companionship, I felt maybe joining a group might be beneficial, but that was later. For now, I continued to the city gates where I was met by a guard telling me the city was closed. I informed him that I had message for the jarl concerning the dragon. He let me in and gave me directions to the palace named Dragonsreach. I was not challenged at the entrance, but as soon as I get in, I see a female Dunmer rush towards me with her sword drawn, I informed about the dragon business and she too agrees that I should talk to the jarl.

I told the jarl, Balgruuf the Greater, (greater than what?) about the incident at Helgen. He asked how I knew about this I told them that I was there as Ulfrich was about to be executed. The jarl and his colleagues began to argue about to do with Ulfrich as well as moving troops to Riverwood. Fortunately for my new friends in Riverwood, Jarl Balgruuf decided to send troops there.

As a gift, the jarl gave me a set of Imperial armor. While I was grateful for his generosity, I am no Imperial soldier, so I decided I was going to sell it. Before I could go do that, the jarl wanted me to help out his court wizard. The wizard wanted me to go fetch him some dragon stone that could possibly help him with this dragon mystery. The thing is, he is almost positive that it is at Bleak Falls Barrow. Is that my destiny to fight my way through that place? Ugh, I need to find some weapons and armor.

It started getting late in the day, and I didn't want to partake in any adventure with light fading, so I went exploring in the city. I stopped at the local forgery called Warmaiden's. I sold my Imperial armor there and received 30 or so gold pieces, I was now close to 80. I also stopped by the Drunken Hunter and found a bow I want, if I can just save 15 or so more gold pieces I can get that! I need arrows too, but that should be cheap. Actually I need to save like 25 gold, because I will spend 10 at the inn, the Bannered Mare tonight. Well time for bed, and I have no idea what I will do tomorrow.

Alright, unfortunately, I have lost interest in this character. I have a sever case of ADD when it comes to RPGs lol. That and combined with an over abundance of Bosmers as character journals, I have decided to retire this character. I have decided to begin a character from Summerset Isles. I haven't seen any Altmers here, at least not active journals. Unless there is a huge outcry, suddenly, to keep this character active, this will be his last post.
Thank you for those who read the few posts. If their are any tips or advice for the next time let me know thanks.

Edit: just realized I put sunset instead of Summerset, damn auto correct lol.

Skyrimosity

I approve of these journal entries and will read any further journals with your stories.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts