• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

PelagiusIV

Background:

My name is Atticus. I'm an Imperial, born and raised in the city of Bruma in Cyrodiil. My mother, Val, was a Nord, while my father, Oritius, was an Imperial. Shortly after my birth, my mother died of a disease, so I only know her from the stories I've been told by my father. She was a kind women, always more concerned with the well-being of others over her own. She was also highly religious, and would spend hours a day praying at the The Great Chapel of Talos at the center of our town. She would do anything it took to avoid conflict, which lead some to see her as a pushover. My father, now he was the exact opposite. He was a soldier in the Imperial Army, the grandest army to ever grace Tamriel. Due to this, I didn't get to see him as often as I wished, and I went to live with my aunt, Selvia. But when I did see him it was the best days of my life. He was strict, forceful, uptight, proper and intimidating. But that was what others saw in him. When it was just him and myself, he would be relaxed, playful, often telling jokes so funny that I would have to leave the room to calm down for just the sight of him and that smile of his would keep me going all night long. But he was also serious, always pounding into me the importance of honor and loyalty to family, The Nine Divine, and the Empire.

During my childhood, a great war was going on, and although my Aunt refused to tell me what it was about (She said I was to young, and that the stories would keep me up at night, and when I did find sleep it would be tormented with nightmares). All I knew or cared about was that it kept my father away. But then, one glorious day, in the year 4E 175, the war was over. I was more excited then I had ever been in my life. My father was finally coming home. But my aunt seemed less excited. For some reason, she seemed nervous, jumpy and scarred. The next day a letter was dropped off at our house by the courier. My aunt read it, then told me to start packing my stuff, we were moving.

We went to a little cabin a little west of Bruma, hidden in the Colovian Highlands. I asked why we had to leave, but she said to not ask questions and just do as I say. I was to tell no one were we were going, or even the fact that we were leaving at all. We left in the middle of the night with only what we could carry on our backs. I hated that cabin, and I hated the isolation. How would my father know where to find us up here?

It was 4E 199, and my father still never returned. I began to fear the worst, that he had died in battle. But how? He was the strongest, quickest, most skilled warrior I had ever seen! Surely this was not the outcome. Then one gloomy day there was a knock on our cabin door. My aunt froze where she stood, wide eyed in horror. In all the years we spent in that cabin, never had we seen or heard another sole. Initially I grabbed my rusty wood cutters ax, and crept to the door. Right before I was about to open it my aunt put her hand on my shoulder and I stopped. I turned to see her with tears in her eyes. 29 years, and never had I seen her shed a single tear. She whispered to me, so low I could barely make out what it was she was saying, but I still remember word for word.

"Atticus, you must leave. You are still young, my days are already growing to an end. Go to the kitchen and hide in the secret cellar under the house. And promise me that no matter what you hear you will not come out until you know for certain that whoever is outside this door has left."

I promised her, and went to the cellar as she asked. I heard the door open, and in the next instant a cry louder then any I had ever heard came from her mouth, followed by uncontrollable sobbing. There was a thud, then the sound of rolling. I feared that whoever it was at the door had killed my aunt, but still I heard the crying. But next I heard the sound of a sword being unsheathed, and I knew what would come next. I covered my ears for I not dare hear what was going on, as it was already painful enough. I sat for what felt like years before I uncovered my ears and heard nothing but silence. I waited even longer to make sure I was alone, then I crept out of the cellar and head for the door.

Never, in a million years, did I imagine what I saw there. What caused the thud and sound of rolling was now clear. Lying right inside the door way was the head of my father, Oritius. I dropped to my knees, to weak to stand. My vision became blurred, first with tears, then with dizziness. Nothing could have prepared me for this. I stayed there on my knees for a full day, too shocked to move. After the sun rose the next day I finally found strength to get to my feet again. I turned around and saw that the only thing damaged within my house was our little shrine to Talos. Why, I asked myself, would someone kill my father, come in search of my aunt, kill her, and destroy and loot nothing in our house, except the shrine to Talos? It made no sense to me. But one thing was for certain, Revenge. I yet knew against who, or what, or anything. But I was certain I would have my revenge.

My name is Atticus. And this is my story.

Rules:
HUD: Set to 0%
Only carry 1/3 of your max carry weight.
Can only carry a maximum of 30 arrows.
Can not use potions in the middle of a battle, and only when weapon is sheathed.
Can not steal from or harm friendly characters.
Must sleep at least 8 hours a day.
Must eat 2 meals a day. (A meal consist of a drink, and 2 food items)
No fast traveling or waiting.
If you die, must stay at an inn for 7 days.
Difficulty is set to apprentice at the moment. This is my first hardcore play threw with these guidelines and I want to get used to it before I up the difficulty.

I was inspired to do this by "Friday is my Day"'s journal of Filim. He is a great story-teller and everyone should check out his journal.

http://skyrimforum.com/threads/diary-of-filim-the-hunter.7845/

Any comments/suggestions are gladly excepted and encouraged. The only way to get better is to know what needs to be improved.

Friday is My Day!

Wow, that was amazing. What an interesting back story. Sounds like Atticus is going to have a bitter hatred for the Thalmor just like Filim. ;)

Thanks for the shout out, man. I really appreciate it! I'm looking forward to yor first entry. :)

PelagiusIV

Morndas, 18th of Last Seed, 4E 200:

This is my first time writing since the death of my father, Oritius, and aunt, Selvia. After that horrific day, I left my cabin in the Colovian Highlands, never planning to return to the nightmares embedded there. I wandered for days and nights, not knowing where to go. All I could think about was gaining vengeance against my family's murderers. But I could not wrap my head around who it could of been, or why. I thought of returning to Bruma, but the memories there were to hard to face, so I stayed in the wilderness trying to collect my thoughts.

One night I had a dream. It was of my mother, Val. She was in a strange city, one that I had never seen. It was beautiful. Hawks flew above in the sky, children ran playfully by. A bard stood outside a building singing a song, I don't recall the lyrics, but every line sung was heart warming. Val made her way threw the city, high walls stood on either side, up to a castle with Imperial Guards standing on both sides of the door. She greeted them and they smiled and waved back. She then made her way to the top of some stairs, a blacksmith to her left called out to her and asked her how her day was going. She walked down the stairs and stopped at a market to pick up a fresh apple. She then passed by some shops before exiting a great gate. Once outside I saw a banner and heard my mother whisper "I'll miss you Solitude, Goodbye".

Solitude? Why does that sound so familiar? Then I remembered my aunt telling me my mother originated from Skyrim. That must be the city she grew up in! That is when I made up my mind. I would travel to Solitude, the home of my mother. I wasn't certain I would find the answer to my familys death there, but still it felt right that that was where I was to go.

I traveled many long days until I reached Skyrim. What beauty! The tree's all full of life, rivers flowing by with salmon jumping up to feel the rays of sun beat down on them. Deer and elf roamed freely. I was without any meat for the entire trip, and I longed for some good venision. I had nothing with me, not even a dagger, but I was desperate. I chased down a dear and beat it until it moved no more. I felt wrong in doing so, but my hunger pains quickly made me feel no guilt.

After awhile I came to a stone path. Hopefully this will lead me to a town. I followed it, collecting any herbs, berries, or flowers I came by to pass time. Soon I reached a little town by the name of Riverwood. It was small, but friendly. I stopped by a shop by the name of Riverwood Trader. When I walked in, the shopkeeper was having an argument with a women over something that was stolen. I decided it wasn't my place to get involved, so I didn't ask questions. I sold what I collected on my way into town, 21 septims! This was going to be a rough life! I then headed over to the local inn, Sleeping Giant Inn. I bought a room for the night, which cost half of the gold I just earned! But man was it worth it. Never had a bed felt more comfortable. The next few days I spent collecting more herbs from the woods around the town, occasionally a pelt or two. Soon I had enough to buy a dagger from a man named Alvor. It was an iron one, nothing special, but it was sure better then what I had. I spoke very little to anyone, only when I would rent a room for the night. I was still haunted by the tragedy that took place in Cyrodiil and not in the mood for making friends.

One morning I decided to head north. I crossed a bridge leading out of the city and followed the stone path. A wolf came charging out of the woods. Thanks Talos I had my iron dagger! I made quick work of it, only taking a bite to the arm. After collecting its pelt I continued along the path until I saw them. Members of the Imperial Legion! But why here in Skyrim? There were 3 of them, guiding a person with his hands tide. I ran up and tried to ask what was going on, maybe they knew my father! But they said I was disturbing official business and I better leave. I decided not to get on their bad side, and did what they said....to an extent. I followed them. They passed by some farms and a meadery. Not to far north I saw the walls of what looked like a grand city. I was curious, but decided to still trail the Imperials. I followed for some time, until finally something caught my eye. Doors in the side of a rock. Most likely to a mine I thought. I gave up on following the Imperials and decided to venture inside of the doors. Once inside I saw a dog standing at the side of an Orc. I went up to ask what this place was, but they attacked on site! I ran as fast as my feet could carry me, I was in no shape to fight an Orc with nothing but a dagger!

I decided to go to that city that I passed early. Upon reaching it's gate, a guard approached me, saying the city was off limits due to a Dragon issue. This had to be a lie. Dragons?! I lied, I don't know why but I said the first thing that came to my mind, that I knew of the Dragon and wished to speak to the leader of the city. He then warned me that he would be watching me, but let me in the gates anyway. It worked! As I entered I noticed a blacksmith talking to another Imperial Soldier! I immediately walked up to him. He asked me the weirdest question "Battle-Born or Grey-Mane". I asked what he was talking about, and he explained that the city, apparently called Whiterun, had 2 powerful families, the Battle-Born and Grey-Manes. The Battle-Born were an Imperial family, but the Grey-Manes supported something I don't ever recall hearing, named the Stormcloaks. He asked the question again, and I instantly said Battle-Born, as any friend of the Empire was a friend of mine! He seemed to agree, and said he knew I was a sharp one when he first saw me. He then left and I talked to the blacksmith and sold my pelt. I asked if she could use any extra help, as I was desperate to make any coin I could. She had me make her an Iron Dagger and a Hide Helmet. She said I could keep them, but I already had a dagger and the hide helmet wasn't my taste, so I sold them to her. I then preceded up the town to a market, but I only had eye's for an inn as it was growing late and I tired. I entered the Bannered Mare and rented a room for the night, which is where I am writing this entry. It grows later by the minute, and my eye's are beginning to become heavy. Tomorrow I think I will try to find some more ways to earn gold so I can purchase some armor and eventually a sword, how I long to have a real blade in my grasp and not this dingy dagger, and investigate what that Orc was doing behind those doors. But alas, it is time for sleep.

PelagiusIV

Wow, that was amazing. What an interesting back story. Sounds like Atticus is going to have a bitter hatred for the Thalmor just like Filim. ;)

Thanks for the shout out, man. I really appreciate it! I'm looking forward to yor first entry. :)

Thanks! And yes, yes he is lol I knew I wanted to be an Imperial and fight along side the Legion, and this was the first story I could think of to connect everything.

My first entry was a little rough, I started my character this morning before work, so the details are pretty vague, but the best I could remember.

Friday is My Day!

Thanks! And yes, yes he is lol I knew I wanted to be an Imperial and fight along side the Legion, and this was the first story I could think of to connect everything.

My first entry was a little rough, I started my character this morning before work, so the details are pretty vague, but the best I could remember.

Well now you've given me something I can read after I finish my graduation exam for the day. Thanks a lot! :)

PelagiusIV

These past few days have been the most intense since my arrival here in Skyrim. I awoke at the Bannered Mane and decided to do some hunting and collect some herbs. I came across two mammoths following a giant. A giant! I had never seen one and thought they were only myths. If they are real, maybe what the Whiterun guard said of a Dragon is real too? I shuddered at the thought. The day went pretty uneventful, only the occasional wolf pack causing slight trouble. I finished for the evening and returned to Whiterun to sell what I had gathered before spending the night at the Bannered Mane again.

Today was not so uneventful. I was venturing a little farther north-east, following the stone path. I saw a man down the road clad in iron armor. As I came closer I realized it was a Redguard. We were a little farther past that cavern where I ran into the Orc, so I decided to ask him if he knew anything about it. As soon as I went to speak, he said I best be on my way, and called me a milk-drinker. With all my built up frustration I could not hold back my anger at this insult. I warned him that he should not speak to me that way, and before I could realize what I had said his sword was drawn. How was I to beat a Redguard, the most talented warriors in Tamriel, with just a dagger?! But Talos must have been watching over me this day. He swung at me and I managed to dodge it before I made contact with his arm. He groaned in pain, but it was not enough. He then took a slash at me and caught me in the shoulder. This caused my anger to grow even more. I quickly retaliated with two swift cuts, one to his upper arm, the other right across his left eye. He knelt to his knee's clutching at his eye trying to stop the blood from flowing. I didn't care that he was on his knee's, nor that he was no longer trying to fight back. I raised the dagger over my head before drilling it right between his eyes, as deep into his skull as the dagger would travel. He lie their, dead by my hands. I looted him of his armor, shield, and gold. But most promising, an iron sword! I was thrilled! My father would give me lessons when I was a kid how to wield a blade, and it felt so natural in my grasp. I quickly returned to Whiterun, passing up many opportunities to catch deer, but I was already carrying what my strength would allow me to. I approached Adrianne to sell the armor and shield, iron is to heavy for my taste. With it I had enough to buy a nice piece of Fur Armor and Hide Boots. Now I was ready. I had my blade, and was armored. I would return to the Bannered Mane for the night, and tomorrow I would face that Orc and his watchdog, and whatever else was awaiting me inside.

The next morning I awoke at 4 A.M., thinking I might be able to catch the Orc sleeping, but that was not the case. I walked in and he was standing there, his dog right by his side again. I took out my sword, and charged. Its funny, I had been told Orc's were some of the most fearsome people in Tamriel, this one must have been the exception. I made quick work with him, he didn't even get a hit on me. His dog suffered the same fate. The Orc had a nice hide shield on him, which I quickly took up for I knew not what awaited me further in. I decided to leave the rest on his body for now, until I was finished clearing the cavern of whoever or whatever else waited ahead. I then crept a little farther in, going threw a narrow tunnel. I came out into a large room with a Nord in full iron armor and an Imperial in hide armor. Once they saw me they took out their weapons, the Nord an iron battleax, the Imperial an iron sword. I quickly put up my shield as the Imperial drove her sword into it. Staggering a little, I backed into the tunnel again, so that they would be forced to face me one on one rather then gaining a number advantage. The Imperial charged again, but as she came closer I bashed my shield into he torso followed by a quick strike of my sword, easily penetrating her right threw the stomach. She fell to the ground lifeless. The Nord then came at me swinging that intimidating battleax. He would not be so easy. His armor deflected my first attempt, and he made me pay for not making it a better one. He then swung down with his ax and caught me in my shoulder blade. The pain was horrendous, but I would not go down so easily. Before he could raise he ax for another blow, most likely the final one, I used my gift of being an Imperial and persuaded him to leave me, for I would cause no more trouble. What a fool! He sheathed his ax and turned and started to walk away. I quickly drew back my sword and drove it into the back of his skull, dropping him dead. I entered the room to make sure there were no more of these laughable bandits. There was none. It took me 3 trips to loot everything from the cavern back to Whiterun, but boy was it worth it! I decided to use the gold I had earned to purchase I bow with a fire enchantment on it from Adrianne. This would help me get a shot or two in from a distance before I closed in and was able to strike with my sword. I went back to the Bannered Mane and rewarded myself with some Honningbrew Mead, cooked beaf and an apple. The best meal since my arrival in Skyrim. I slept soundly that night, the first that was not tormented with haunting dreams of my past...

When I awoke the next morning I felt like it was time to move on. I wanted to find the town my mother was raised in, Solitude. I left Whiterun and saw a sign post which directed me in the direction I wanted to head in for Solitude. I traveled for many hours, and it started to grow dark with still no sign of a settlement. When I started to grow worried that I would have to spend the night alongside the road I saw a farming village. I approached it and discovered it was called Rorikstead. I stayed in the Frostfruit inn for the night, woke up and quickly continued my travels to Solitude. I kept following the direction that the signs would point me in. Not long after leaving Rorikstead, I came to a split in the road with a bandit laying dead besides a cart. I searched the bandit and found a few septims and a lockpick, I left the armor and war ax so it wouldn't slow me down. Inside the cart was a chest, I figured it must of belonged to the bandit, and since no one else was in sight to claim as their own, that it was as good as mine. I opened it and found 83 septims and a stamina potion! The easiest money I had made in my life. I walked away in high spirits, to distracted of my findings to hear the steps of someone approaching from behind. By the time I did it was too late, a bandits blade was hitting my back. I quickly turned around and drew my sword and shield. He had his chance, and he missed it. After a few thrusts the bandit lay dead at my feet. I thought that must have been the only one until an arrow came sorrowing from behind a rock and nearly pierced my head! I quickly charged and before he had time to release another arrow I had but my blade into his chest ending his life of crime. I collected any gold the two bandits had and continued my way along the stone path.

A beautifully crafted stone bridge reached over a stream and I admired it before crossing. Once across I noticed their was a wooden structure built over the path, with someone standing on either post, weapons drawn, watching me. As I came nearer the one to the left shouted out that it was a toll path, and I had to pay 100 septims to pass! Their was no way I was giving up my gold to some thug. I said I would find another route around, at least that's what I wanted him to think. I looped around the path to the left, but their was another man standing guard there as well. This was going to be tougher then I had thought. I decided to try out my new bow I purchased in Whiterun. I notched a steel arrow and aimed at this brute before releasing my grip and letting the arrow soar threw the air landing right in the bandits shoulder. He erupted in flames, and I thought for sure this was enough. But it was not. I drew my sword and charged in, after two swings of my sword he was done. I then continued up some stairs to the wooden bridge covering the path and made quick work of the two criminal scums on watch duty. I then noticed that there was more to this place then I had thought, as it seemed a camp was established to the right of the path behind a boulder wall. I walked in, sword and shield at the ready, and found that more bandits awaited me. The first to challenge me was a dark elf, shooting sparks of lightning at me. Ah how it jolted me! It took all I had to push threw the pain and end that pitiful life. Two more bandits had closed in and were ready to fight me, but I again used my talents as an Imperial to have them believe I was of no harm and there was no need for combat. As they sheathed their weapons and began to walk away I made my strike. They fell easily. I then saw a shelter atop a small hill. Creeping towards it I noticed a man in full iron armor, from head to toe, walking back and forth in it. He would not fall as easily as his comrades. I decided to take out my bow and try to get an arrow or two in and lure him out into the open. I'm going to need some practice with this bow when I get the chance. My first arrow missed terribly and alerted him of my presence. I quickly shot of another one that made contact as he ran in my direction. Putting away my bow and again taking out my sword, I put up my shield to deflect his first smash of his mighty warhammer. I staggered backwards and lost my footing a little, but the threat of my life ending pushed me to get right back up. After what felt like an eternity of exchanged blows I finally saw an opening and capitalized. My blade went right into the front of his throat, causing a river of blood to create a waterfall falling down his torso. I put my foot up to his stomach and pushed his body away, freeing my sword. I did it. I overcame the odds and bested a whole bandit camp! I went inside the structure that the man had emerged from to discover a chest inside. It contained a set of iron armor, battleax, iron boots and some gold. Nothing appealed to me other then the gold, but it would be good loot to make more gold. I also spotted a bed. It was growing late and the events of today demanded that I rest my body. I sit now inside that structure writing this entry before I call it a day. Tomorrow I will look around this place a little more in detail before I take what I can carry and try to find a town to sell it all. I only hope that Solitude is not much further.

PelagiusIV

Sorry for the lack of a date, I was going to start up Skyrim to get it and continue playing, only to find out my Xbox is not reading any disks....So needles to say it may be awhile until I post another entry, depending what this problem turns out to be. And to think..I just traded in my PS3 right before Skyrim came out because it was not reading any games either. In 20 years I never had this problem, now 2 systems within 6 months having it. Ahhh I'm going to go insane without my nightly Skyrim fix now. Sorry for the ranting, I just need to express my frustration to someone lol

Dovakiin98

Sorry for the lack of a date, I was going to start up Skyrim to get it and continue playing, only to find out my Xbox is not reading any disks....So needles to say it may be awhile until I post another entry, depending what this problem turns out to be. And to think..I just traded in my PS3 right before Skyrim came out because it was not reading any games either. In 20 years I never had this problem, now 2 systems within 6 months having it. Ahhh I'm going to go insane without my nightly Skyrim fix now. Sorry for the ranting, I just need to express my frustration to someone lol
That sucks man, I hope you are able to fix it.

PelagiusIV

That sucks man, I hope you are able to fix it.

Tell me about it. Luckily I DVR'd the Yankees/Boston spring training game to watch when I got home from work last night so not being able to play Skyrim didn't really affect me to much. But I got it back up and running today after work, and am currently writing up the next entry. I hope everyone is enjoying the story so far, and any suggestions as to how to improve it are more then welcomed.

PelagiusIV

Turdas, 21st of Last Seed, 4E 200

“Upon my honor, I do swear undying loyalty to the Emperor, Titus Mede II, and unwavering obedience to the officers of his Empire. May those above judge me, and those below take me, if I fall in my duty. Long live the Emperor! Long live the Empire!!”

These are the words I now stand by, and am willing to die by.

Two days earlier, I woke up in that bandit compound, blood still rushing threw my veins with excitement of the night before. I walked over to a cabinet and found some bread and grilled leaks for breakfast and washed it down with some alto wine. I'm not a big fan of wine, but it would do. I walked over to the carcass of the bandit leader slain the previous night and spotted a ring holding a single key hanging from his waist. After picking it up I wondered what it could unlock, and started to search the compound. Ah, there it was. A trap door leading to an underground cavern. At first glance, this place seemed to be nothing more then a smuggling point for the bandits to bring in their goods. But one little thing made all the difference. A journal sat on the table, as I read I discovered a secret chest that lay on a tiny island in the middle of a lake, just outside this cavern, where a paranoid bandit had hidden goods he had been smuggling from their raids without the other criminal scums knowing. I left the cavern and swam to this island, found the chest, and almost wept with joy of what I found. A Ring of Minor Alteration, Circlet of Minor Restoration, Amulet of Akatosh, Hunting Bow of Sapping, Amethyst, and 65 gold coins. Most of the goods....actually all of the goods, would not be used by me for anything but making a small fortune. But what a fortune I would make!

After looting the chest, I started to head along the stone path, in search of a nearby town to sell off my goods. I would need to return to loot the rest of the bandits as the treasures inside the chest were heavy enough on my worn body. I came to a split in the road, with no sign saying which direction to head to. The western route appealed more to me, the scenery was more delightful to look at. After I crossed a bridge I stopped dead in my tracks. In front of me, not 20 yards, lay the most magnificent bridge surely in all of Tamriel. It was a massive stone wonder, more sturdy and enduring then even some of the most fortified castles. In the middle, built to arch above any travelers head, stood a great carving of a dragon. I sat and marveled at this sight for some time before finally I decided to go on, as there was a town on the other side. After crossing the bridge a middle-aged nord by the name of Horgeir was sitting on a bench next to the lumber mill. I approached and asked him what the story was behind this marvelous bridge. He said it was an ancient structure, and was built before the town was settled there. Beyond that, its a mystery. There is fear that some war will be the end of it though, but what war does he speak of? I was about to ask, when he said he had to get back to wood cutting, and bade me farewell. I walked over to the Four Shields Tavern and decided to take a quick nap, as I was still tired from the eventful day I had previously. When I awoke it was after sunset, and the town was as still as a the great Dragon Bridge. I decided to keep on traveling, perhaps I would discover another great sight like this farther along. And boy...was I right.

After walking perhaps another hour, I saw it. In the distance, the top of a great palace, the same palace I saw my mother walking out of in my dream. Solitude! I instantly began to sprint full speed. Once I arrived at the gate to the city a guard greeted me and said that I was just in time to see the execution of a trader who helped some man, Alfred Stormbreeze perhaps, I cannot remember the name, escape after he had murdered the High King. Well, this damned fool deserved this execution then. Who in their right mind would assist in the murder of Skyrim's King? And who was this Alfred man who committed the crime, and why was he not being executed? He probably had much worse punishment lined up for in the coming days. I walked up to the main gate and another guard told me that if I was here to join up with the Imperial Legion to head for Castle Dour. Join the Imperial Legion?! This day was becoming perhaps the greatest in many years. I walked threw those grand doorways and into the city. Right as I walked in I saw the crowd gathering to watch the execution of this cowardly man. I joined right in with them and their cheers as the ax sliced threw the air and cut right threw the mans neck in one swift swipe, and I threw my fist in the air as I saw his head roll away from his body. I could certainly get used to life here.

I continued further into the city, walking past the same shops my mother had, and up the same stairs that she had descended, past the blacksmiths work area, and into the castle grounds. That was the door where she had greeted Imperial Soldiers, who happily greeted her back. I wonder if any here remember her? I walked up to the doors, my heart racing inside of me. Was I really about to join the Imperial Army, the same army that my father fought for? All my dreams were starting to fall into place. I took a deep breath, reached out my hand, and opened the castle doors.

I had to fight my urge to smile with happiness, and walked straight and proud, head held high, confidence and pride in myself radiating, just as my father did every time he would walk threw the gates of Bruma and be greeted by a massive celebrating from my city, treated like a hero. There were three soldiers, a female nord and two male imperial's. One stood out though in his gold, bronze and red outfit, surely he was a general in this grand army. I approached, and introduced myself.

His name was General Tullius, and was happy to see a fellow Imperial so far from Cyrodiil. I asked if they had any room for another soldier and he said to speak to Legate Rikke, as she oversaw all recruiting. I walked over to the Nord and again asked if there was room for another soldier, and she said first I must past a test. I was to conquer a fort inhabited by bandits, and if I was alive to tell of their demise, then I was in. But could I truly defeat a whole fort of bandits alone? Well if I couldn't, I would die trying, knowing I was following in my fathers footsteps.

Before I departed I talked to General Tullius again, as I had a question that was burning inside of me waiting for an answer. I asked what was this war about that I had heard earlier. He explained that Skyrim was in the middle of a civil war, with the other side led by Ulfric Stormcloak, the man who had murdered the High King. He started this war due to the White-Gold Concord, the treaty that had ended the great war with the Thalmor. Part of that treaty was the outlawing of any worship to Talos, as he was not to be recognized as one of the divine. The nords of Skyrim didn't take kindly to being told they could not worship their greatest hero, and so Ulfric started a rebellion in the name of Talos to conquer Skyrim and break away from the Empire.

I walked away after speaking to him, my head twirling. This was the most info I had on the war that my father had fought it. I never knew who they fought, what stipulations the war ended on, nothing. The outlawing of Talos? I had grown up worshiping him, Bruma had the greatest chapel in all of Cyrodiil in his honor. After we moved to the Colovian Highlands, we had a small shrine in our house to continue our worship.....the only thing destroyed after the murder of my father and aunt....It was all starting to come together. The Thalmor...High Elves...they were the one's who wanted Talos outlawed. They were the ones who wanted any who worshiped him punished. They were the cause of this civil war. And they, the Aldmeri Dominion, those cursed beasts, were the one who had killed my father, dropped his head at my aunts feet, and killed her as well.

My anger boiling to a point past my control, I ran from Solitude, eager to release this rage that I now had. How dare they! Those damn High Elves! I ran to Fort Hraggsted, daring any bandit to step up to me. I walked right into the middle of the fortification, and those stupid fools approached. One by one, they met my blade. They ran up, swinging with no proper technique, like wild animals, only to have their sorry lives ended. The men that were to scared to come to me face to face and fired arrows at me like cowards, they suffered worse, I made sure of it. The first met my blade right across his throat. He fell to his knees, pleading for help and forgiveness. I gave none. I let him sit there, in agonizing pain as the blood flowed from his neck, dying his fur armor red. Then I lifted my sword high above my head and in one swift swing drove it into the top of his skull. There was one more, on top of the tower. I charged up the stairs, rammed my shield into his chest driving him back to the ledge. I thrust my sword forward, right into this heart, and laughed as I continued to hack away, even after he lie dead.

I then entered the castle. An orc stood right in the door way, didn't even have time to raise his weapon in defense before I sliced threw him, nearly ripping his arm off at the shoulder. A nord ran up from below, howling at me, trying to put fear into me. Fear was a thing of the past now, I only knew vengeance. The poor fool still had that stupid smirk on his face when I sliced open his gut, letting his inside pour outside of him. This room was clear, now on to the next one.

I entered the last area of the castle, and two bandits lay dead within seconds. I ascended a staircase that led to their sleeping quarters. At the far end stood a nord women clad in iron armor. I walked right up to her, and this time I let the poor soul draw her weapon, thinking she had a chance. It almost turned out to be a mistake.

The battle lasted many long minutes, exchanging blow after blow, our shields almost breaking in half from the power of our swings. Never before had I might such a tough opponent. But in the end, it was I who stood tall. She made the fatal mistake of lowering her shield arm a little to far, I capitalized. I drove my sword right threw her stomach, the tip of my sword exiting threw her back, and pulled her closer, and my sword further in. I looked her in the face, spat in her face, and let the last bandit fall to the floor. Without a second of hesitation I left the fort, not carrying for any of the gear inside. Gold was the farthest thing from my mind right now, and their would be more opportunities for it later.

I arrived back at Solitude, a little calmer now that I let my fury out. Legate Rikke was glad to still see me in one piece, and said that General Tullius would officially recruit me into the Legion. He asked if I was sure of my decision, as once I swore the oath, I would be bound for life. At first I hesitated, after all, it was the Empire that aloud those damned Thalmor to outlaw Talos, thus resulting in my fathers and aunts death. But then my thoughts fell to my father, and what he drilled into my while I was still a child. “Always stay loyal to your family, the Nine Divines, and above all else, the Empire”. The Empire. I was sure, this is what I was meant to do. I would join the Legion, fight in this civil war against the Stormcloaks. But afterwards, after Skyrim was secured and pledged loyalty to the Emperor, my targets would change. The Thalmor will hear of me. They will know my name, and they will fear it. All of Tamriel will know my name. I will bring this Empire back to glory, for my father. Soon, my name will be embedded in history, and everyone will know that I, Atticus, will destory the Aldmeri Dominion.

PelagiusIV

Fredas, 22nd of Last Seed, 4E 200

What a day! After I pledged my loyalty to the Empire, Legate Rikke had my first mission. I am to report to Korvanjund, where a special and sacred crown is believed to be located. The location is a far distance from Solitude, and it would take many days to travel there. I decided to hire the carriage outside of the city to take me to Whiterun, the closest settlement to my destination. I arrived there around 11 pm, so I walked to the Bannered Mare to stay the night. When I awoke I left the inn and walked into the market. Thats when she caught my eye. Ysolda is her name. She was standing out by one of the stands, cheerfully chatting to one of the merchants. I couldn't help but to approach her and start a conversation. She mentioned how she wished to one day become a merchant, and take over the Bannered Mare. But to do so, she needed a mammoths tusk to give to a certain Khajiit, in exchange for help to get her started. Well if its a mammoth tusks she wants, then its a mammoth tusk she gets! I offered to bring her one, and she was most thankful.

A mammoth is no joke, those beasts are huge, and often travel in packs of two or more, and accompanied by a giant. But how could I resist that beautiful face of hers? I decided to stop at the local alchemist shop, Arcadia's Cauldron, and pick up some poisons. I purchased two weak poisons, they aren't the best, but any little advantage I could get I will take. I found an encampment a little north of whiterun. But I found more then I wanted. Three mammoths, and two giants. This would be difficult.

I noticed one mammoth strayed a little farther then the rest, and decided that would be my prey. Slowly, I made my way behind it, dipped my arrow tip into the poison, aimed, and let it fly. By the gods, the mammoth didn't even feel it! I knew I made contact, but it didn't even stir! I quickly dipped another arrow in the last poison, and let it fly to the same result. I then let fly two more arrows before the beast finally turned on me. I too then turned, and ran. There was a little rock cliff not to far off, and I planned to climb on top to give myself an advantage. Once there, I turned to see the mammoth not far behind, and to my relief, none of the other beasts or giants followed. I let fly arrow after arrow. I was beginning to worry I would run out, and have to fight it with my sword. 5 arrows left. 4. 2. My last arrow. This had to work, or else I would surely be doomed. I notched it into the string, pulled back with all my might, and let it fly.

It worked, 30 arrows and 2 poisons later, the mammoth lay died. I walked over to it and could only find 9 of my arrows in it. The rest must of been lost in that thick fur, for surely I hit it more then just 9 times! I quickly took out my blade and cut off its tusk. Ysolda will be so proud! I ran back to whiterun, tusk in hand the whole time.

When I arrived in the market, Ysolda was nowhere to be seen. I checked and double checked, but no sight of her. I then climbed up some stairs and saw her, walking around some giant dead tree. How her beauty even made the ugliest things shine! I ran to her, and showed her the tusk. In return, she taught me a few tips on how to bargain. I was hoping for a better result, but in time it will happen.

I now journey north, to Korvanjund. Gods be with me. Hopefully this entry is not my last, but I have a feeling this is going to be much tougher then Rikke makes it out to be.

PelagiusIV

Not sure if anyone's interested, but I'm writing a book. Sort of along the lines of Skyrim, but in my own make-believe world. I just finished up the prologue, and if anyone would like me to send it to them I'd be more then happy for some comments/constructive criticism.

perkecet

^id be honored to get a chance to read that man.

ive only gotten through a few entries so far, but ive enjoyed them all.
although i think you should bump up the difficulty. the fun of these kind of playthroughs are that fact that you can die rather easily. more than one wolf should be something to run from when you first start and theres no way a man with no armor and a dagger could kill an armored man with a sword. I think youll enjoy yourself more and it will feel much more realistic. no need for master, but expert is really fun without it being too frustrating.

PelagiusIV

^id be honored to get a chance to read that man.

ive only gotten through a few entries so far, but ive enjoyed them all.
although i think you should bump up the difficulty. the fun of these kind of playthroughs are that fact that you can die rather easily. more than one wolf should be something to run from when you first start and theres no way a man with no armor and a dagger could kill an armored man with a sword. I think youll enjoy yourself more and it will feel much more realistic. no need for master, but expert is really fun without it being too frustrating.

Yeah I tend to do to many thing's between my entries, thus why they are so long lol

And I recently bumped the difficulty up to adept during my attack on Fort Hraggsted, which is why that bandit leader was the toughest I faced yet. But I do agree that it would add to the experience, perhaps I'll give it a try on expert when I go on tonight.

And I'm glad you enjoy them! I'll be writing up another entry shortly, just got off work so I need to eat then I'll get started. And I'll message you the prologue I wrote up.

PelagiusIV

Morndas, 25th of Last Seed, 4E 200

I fully am in debt to whichever gods have been watching my footsteps.

I journeyed north to Korvanjund and met with Legate Rikke and the other members of the Imperial Legion, standing in a huddle a few hundred feet from the ruin. After reporting to Rikke, she informed me that the rebel Stormcloaks had arrived first, and were already inside. This was going to be my first interaction with the enemy, I was excited.

Rikke gave the command to charge, and so we charged. My excitement for battle drove me to run full sprint towards the ruin. Once I arrived I descended some steps and saw that three Stormcloaks were waiting at the bottom. Two wielded battleaxes and stood at the foot of another staircase leading to the inner ruins. Another stood back some fifty paces, already pulling an arrow back in his bowstring. I raised my shield up to block the incoming arrow, then pulled out my sword and stepped up to the two brutes with their battleaxes.

They both came at me already mid-swing, crashing the blade's into my shield, nearly shattering it to pieces. I took a step back before taking a running start and using all my force to swing my sword at the closest of the two opponents. He took a few steps back but was still standing. I quickly hit him twice more across his torso, ending his life. Before his body even hit the ground, an arrow pierced my arm, followed by the other ax wielder striking me in the other.

Just then, the other Imperial soldiers arrived and quickly overwhelmed the nord. I then ran to the archer and drove my blade threw his chest. I then noticed their was one more Stormcloak atop the staircase, also firing arrows down at us. But as I looked up one of my fellow comrades took him down with some arrows of his own.

We entered the ruin, and Rikke ordered that we sneak up and wait for her command to attack a small group of rebels standing guard in a huge cavern, but I was not here to sneak. Charging on the men with my sword held high I ran into their close nit group, swinging and slashing like a wild man. Two fell before the other Imperial's joined in on the battle and it was over fairly quickly.

We continued on threw a few more rooms, battling scattered Stormcloaks, before we came into a small room with the most horrifying sight. It was the body of what looked to be an ancient man. Rikke explained that they were know as the Draugr, living undead so to speak. This sent shivers running down my spine, but would not drive me away from our goal.

We then entered a long and narrow room blocked by a seal of some sort. At the foot of the seal lay two dead Stormcloaks, and a gold object in the form of a dragon's claw. I then noticed the seal was a puzzle of sorts, with holes that matched this claw perfectly. I entered the claw into them to see if it would open, but arrows flew from the walls and almost killed me. Then I noticed some engravings on the bottom of the claw, a wolf, a dragonfly, and a dragon. Those same carvings were on the seal, but in a different order. Maybe....

I changed the order on the seal to match this dragon claw and tried again to my success. As we entered the next room the hall leading on was blocked by a gate. Rikke ordered me to try and find a lever or switch to lower it. Looking around I found one on the second story. As I pulled the switch, tombs were opened and several Draugr attacked us. Staying on the second floor I pulled out my bow and took aim, sniping them from afar, not wanting to get to close to these foul creatures. After they all lie dead, again, we proceeded on.

We came to a large room, with a Draugr body sitting on a chair hunched over. There it was! On top of his head was the sacred crown we were searching for! Approaching with caution I went to remove the crown, but as I neared the Draugr stood up, and two more came from tombs on either side. I battled with one from a tomb, and quickly defeated it before turning my attention to the one with the crown. Another soldier was already mid-fight with it, and before I could engage the Draugr nearly cut him in two with his greatsword. Furious at the death of a fellow soldier, I ran at the Draugr followed by Rikke. Together we brought this beast down, and claimed the sacred crown in the name of the Empire.

Rikke gave me orders to deliver the crown to General Tullius back at Solitude and report what had happened hear. She wanted to stay behind with the rest of our squad to search for anything else valuable.

So now I sit in the Bannered Mare, waiting for sunrise to take the carriage back to Solitude. What horrors awaited us in that cursed ruin. But we accomplished our goal and only lost one brave soldier in the process. I will now sleep, for the day was rough and my body aches with tiredness.

Friday is My Day!

I want to read that prologue, man!

PelagiusIV

I want to read that prologue, man!

I'll send it to you in a conversation. It still needs some work.

And sorry for the lack of entries the past few days, I've been busy with other things and haven't had the time to get on Skyrim. Should be able to finally get back into it tomorrow after work as long as nothing comes up.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts