The "I hate Mitt Romney" thread :)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I couldn't actually view the video/image...I just 'liked' the thread idea in general lol. Why can't I see it? :/

I had the same thing happen to me recently. I couldn't view any videos. It was just black screens. I found out that a recent update for Mozilla Firefox ganked the video players. I had to switch to google chrome and that fixed it for me. I don't like google as much but it's better than not being able to view videos.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
You haven't given any reasons as to why you dislike Obama. Sounds like to me you only want to vote Republican and for the 'white' guy.

I agree with you politically all the way 11th, but I don't think it's fair to imply that chowder is voting for Romney because he is racist. Let's face it, many voters are uninformed in this country, and a lot of them never needed a reason, aside from their religious views, or the fact they'd like to "have a beer with THAT guy" instead of the other guy. I'm to the left of Che Guevara, but liberals have to be more careful these days about throwing the word "racist" out there. It's the equivalent of the right calling us "anti-american" or "Muslim apologists". It just drives people in the center toward the right.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I agree with you politically all the way 11th, but I don't think it's fair to imply that chowder is voting for Romney because he is racist. Let's face it, many voters are uninformed in this country, and a lot of them never needed a reason, aside from their religious views, or the fact they'd like to "have a beer with THAT guy" instead of the other guy. I'm to the left of Che Guevara, but liberals have to be more careful these days about throwing the word "racist" out there. It's the equivalent of the right calling us "anti-american" or "Muslim apologists". It just drives people in the center toward the right.

I've spoken with many white folks who have told me they are voting for Romney strictly because he is white. Hell, I know that's why my Uncle and Grandmother are voting for Romney. Considering Chowderhead hasn't given me any solid reasons as to why he dislikes Obama, then I have a feeling it has to do something with his race. Basically, they can't offer a good reason to not like him, but can't openly admit it's because he's black.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I hate this Mitten bastard because he thinks Medical marijuana is irrelevant.

If you go to Medical Marijuana for Pain and Depression you can clearly see the great deal of benefits that comes with marijuana.

What this asshole don't understand is that medical marijuana can actually benefit the economy. It can put garden growers like me to permanent work by being a Medical Marijuana Distributor. It can help restore the local and federal finance through taxing of these programs, to which I don't mind paying for. They would no longer have to "lay of" both police officers and teachers due to lack of funding.

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
I don't like to get into political discussions much but all I can say is that I wish there was at least one other candidate to choose from. I don't like Obama or Romney. Seems elections always boil down to who is the lesser of the two evils. There's never been anyone I actually wanted to vote for who has made it to election day. Guess I don't like democrats or republicans. We need more choices.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I don't like to get into political discussions much but all I can say is that I wish there was at least one other candidate to choose from. I don't like Obama or Romney. Seems elections always boil down to who is the lesser of the two evils. There's never been anyone I actually wanted to vote for who has made it to election day. Guess I don't like democrats or republicans. We need more choices.

We all agree with your assessment about more choices Gehenna, but the problem is I don't think Obama or Romney are evil. IMO, Obama is definitely a good person. He wants to help the poor and middle working class, give people affordable to free healthcare, and he believes in the TRUE christian ideals (if you actually believe in all that garbage) of helping the unfortunate. This is the problem with Republicans. They use the parts of the Bible that preach against homosexuality, and other things, but ONLY when it suits their agenda. But you never see Democrats talking about how Jesus said we should help the poor, or how "a rich man has as much chance of getting into Heaven as a camel has walking through the eye of a needle", do you?

Conversely, I don't think Romney is necessarily a "bad guy". He's just an out-of-touch elitist that was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, and a golden fork in his arse. :p Seriously though, he only wants what other privileged people in this country want: To be completely independent of government interference. Do I agree with that? NO. I think if you took all the power away from government we would be in an even worse situation, because then we would be at the mercy of the corporate "free market". They would impose more laws and penalties than the government on workers, and don't think for a second that they wouldn't. But does that make Romney evil? No. IMO, he's just misinformed, and a little spoiled.

This is what it basically comes down to: Do you want a strong REGULATED government, with ELECTED officials to control the country, or do you want an UNREGULATED free market, with NON-ELECTED CEOs to control the country.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
RON PAUL!!!

Well someone had to do it! ;) lol!

In all seriousness, Ron made sense with a lot of his political views, especially about the War and our countries occupation of other countries throughout the world. He is painted as this loon by Mainstream Media for wanting to follow the Constitution. Oh no, he must be nuts. Oh well...

That video is awesome BTW. The little girl at the end had me ROLLING!!! :D

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
We all agree with your assessment about more choices Gehenna, but the problem is I don't think Obama or Romney are evil.

I hope you understand that I am just using the expression "lesser of two evils" to illustrate that since neither side has someone I would vote for, it doesn't really matter to me who wins. Like the Southpark episode illustrates, turd sandwich vs giant douche really makes no difference to me.

This is what it basically comes down to: Do you want a strong REGULATED government, with ELECTED officials to control the country, or do you want an UNREGULATED free market, with NON-ELECTED CEOs to control the country.

Why are CEOs painted as the bad guys in everyone's eyes? Is it because they have money that everyone else wants? If there are no CEOs and no businesses there are no jobs. Believe me, being unemployed is no fun. I'm facing having to uproot my life and move somewhere else because there are no jobs here. So what I want is for the government to butt out and stop shackling businesses so that I can work a job that earns me enough money so that I can provide myself with my own health care. I want to be able to make enough money so that I don't have to rely on government and can have the power to be in charge of my own life. I want term limits on every office in government so that there are NO career politicians who can make laws that affect me and that they are exempt from.

What I want will never be offered, unfortunately.

Edit: Like I said, I don't like to discuss politics very much, and the reason is that I have strong opinions that differ from most people's. This kind of discussion can get me very angry very fast, so I'm going to leave this thread now. See you all on other topics. :)

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
While I may not like Mitt Romney I also don't like Obama. Race is nothing to do with it... I promise you :)

Why I don't like Obama:

1. After Osama Bin Laden was killed by our seal members he refuses to publish the death photos of the man that was responsible for the 9-11 Attacks. We had to witness the gruesome sight of our frighten citizens jumping to their deaths from the blazing building yet we were robbed of our rights to see the death photo/video of the man that was responsible for these attacks.

When I watch this video it puts tears in my eyes. Just imagine how these people felt when they had no other choice but to jump to their deaths. We watched our own people die right in front of our eyes, yet our government under the Obama administration decided that he wants to treat the proud citizens of the USA as his children by censoring our right to see the death photos of Osama bin laden. What is he afraid of? Al Qaeda seeking revenge for the death of their leader? Or the Taliban? These people are savage animals with no compassion to life. Look at what they've done people like Daniel Pearl. How many videos did they publish beheading our citizens for the world to see? Lots!

2. Not arresting and charging Ex former president George Bush with war crimes against the Iraqi people and for the deaths of our United states military soldiers that were ordered to go there and fight. The war was UNJUSTIFIED, and no weapons of mass destruction was found.

Tutu: Bush should be tried for war crimes - Associated Press - POLITICO.com

3. Too busy not to speak with Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu over the huge threat of Irans nuclear program. This is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. This is NOT the way to treat our allies. Obama Avoids Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu Meeting

4 According to DemocracyNow.org - More U.S. soldiers have died this year by taking their own lives than on the battlefield. The Pentagon says there have been at least 154 suicides among active-duty troops in 2012, a rate of nearly one each day. We're joined by three guests: Kevin Hines, who survived a jump off the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco and now counsels suicidal soldiers; Bonnie Carroll, co-chair of the Pentagon's Task Force on the Prevention of Suicide in the Armed Forces and president of the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors; and journalist Aaron Glantz, author of the book "The War Comes Home: Washington's Battle Against America's Veterans."

What is Obama doing to protect our overly worked American soldiers who are forced into doing multiple deployments?

This tells me that Obama is a liar when he said that once he becomes president that he will end the war.

Had he done what he promised then perhaps our men and women would not be in the kind of position that this Army Ranger was in.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I'd like to take a moment and apologize for saying I'm voting for Romney. He's an idiot.

Ron Paul is a winner and a complete genius and if he doesn't win, I'm going to riot.

No video proof needed here. Just look up Ron Paul on youtube and you'll find out what I'm talking about.

stagnant94

hey, i'm English, i don't give a plops who you people vote for as long as he looks awesome.

stagnant94

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
hey, i'm English, i don't give a pl*** who you people vote for as long as he looks awesome.

That's a very stupid and downright ignorant post you've got there!

As much as we both hate to admit, America meddles in the affairs in other countries more than it solves its own. So if America votes solely on looks, chances are he'll be an idiot like Obama and all those countries in Africa, the Middle East, and where ever the hell else we're sending our money will be screwed. (or they'll get more money and use it to kill people)

But yeah, it doesn't matter who wins to you, right? Why should you care?

stagnant94

That's a very stupid and downright ignorant post you've got there!

As much as we both hate to admit, America meddles in the affairs in other countries more than it solves its own. So if America votes solely on looks, chances are he'll be an idiot like Obama and all those countries in Africa, the Middle East, and where ever the hell else we're sending our money will be screwed. (or they'll get more money and use it to kill people)

But yeah, it doesn't matter who wins to you, right? Why should you care?

it doesn't matter to me who you vote for because none of them are politicians i actually agree with and i'm not voting, therefore having no say in the matter. i tend to lean more towards obama because romney seems more hypocritical and nationalistic. the beauty of having an african american in charge is that he is of mixed origin, therefore he is unlikely to be an overly patriotic leader. Mitt Romney is not a popular man here in England. and i believe that having him in power will ruin americas relationship with the rest of the world. Mitt Romney is a businessman. and businessmen have to take risks to get anywhere. however there is a big leap from businessman to President of america. and i cannot trust him to use a business ethic on running a country

stagnant94

o_O
So, a huge smattering of European heritage in a white guy doesn't count as "mixed origin?"
how many americans that weren't born in europe or have one parent that is european associate themselves as being european? they became a separate people after the revolution. Obama is half kenyan, therefore he associates himself with being Kenyan as well as american. i am half South african and associate myself with being south african as well as english. my great great grandfather was the captain of the Irish rugby team, but i do not associate myself with being Irish. why would Americans who's great great great great great great great grandparents were european consider themselves as european? your logic is flawed

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts