Private The Evening is wiser than the Morning.[EWM]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    *STICKIED*
    standalone
    Please note, this thread is currently closed to new participants. If you're interested in joining the Role Play, please go here:[Skyrim Freeform RP] The Bannered Mare - Beginning to introduce your character, meet others, and begin your adventure. Or here:Role Play Recruiting Thread: to pitch your story idea and await a group to form for your story​

The group includes:
    1. Andante as ......................... Andante
    2. Purpleshew as ..................... Bruynzeel
    3. Reiji as ............................... Michael
    4. Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky as .. Rathalos
    5. Ashleigh as .......................... Duvaindes
    6. Rizen as .............................. Tappit Boss
    7. Gemini Sierra as ................... Geminus Sierrius
    Profiles and information on the involved characters may be found by clicking on the character name in the above list or by clicking here:
    Group rules:
    • 1. Have fun.
    • 2. No godding, no killing forum members characters (unless expressly agreed upon by all players involved), or saying so and so robs store of all goods, ruining the experience of other people.
    • 3. No profanity. No exceptions.
    • 4. All posts should be relevant to the RP, except for Out Of Character which is occ:: I need to go to sleep now, my character will just go along with whatever you guys decide.::
    • 5. if somebody leaves due to circumstances similar to the example in rule#4 you cannot say that, the player who just left gives away all their gold. You can only make decisions like whether to go to the cave or the orc camp and stuff like that.
    • 6. This RP will most likely be monitored by PurpleShew and Andante as story co-leaders will resolve all RP related arguments, like who got what loot from bandits or stuff like that. But Renegader and the Moderators of this forum will have the final say in everything, meaning just because you are in an RP you may not break the rules of the forum.
    • 7. Only one "playable" character. you can script your own Npc's they are to be simple and only to be there to help the story. Major NPC's will be scripted by PurpleShew and Andante as co-leaders of the thread.
    • 8. "Duels" are not allowed in this thread
    • 9. Members must check and post once a day, a seven day absence puts your character as inactive. You will be parked and considered out till we can work a way to catch your character back up to the group.
    • 10. This time line will act as if Helgen Attack and the Dragonborn questlines don't exist yet. All posts will be in Tamriel Lore/skills/races.
    • 11. Members of this thread will only be allow to be characters here and not divide their time between other threads.
    Please feel free to give Critiques and any praise in our ooc thread linked here:[EWM] Out of Character Comments
    *STICKIED*

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
    Summary: A highly unusual evening at the Bannered Mare in Whiterun has led to some interesting events. Two young men were overheard discussing an infamous nearby series of caves that had become overrun with hostile Falmer. While no talk of reward was heard, one can be left to presume clearing out the infestation would be a well paid venture.

Andante, a young Bosmer woman sitting alone in the tavern was met by the mysterious Khajiit Qa'Bruynzeel who was previously being pursued by the inquisitive Ysolda. The inn began to fill as the unlikely pair began to talk. Though quiet, the Nord woman Signy was seen listening intently nearby.

Their conversation was broken as the Dark Elf Dalsaf entered to purchase a room for the night, and was met less than kindly by the barmaiden. The short, tense altercation was ended quickly when Qa'Bruynzeel invited Dalsaf to join himself and Andante apart from the rest of the crowd.

Soon after, another Khajiit traveler Dar'Fariil joined the busy inn, not hesitating to welcome himself to the table of outsiders. The four talked idly of themselves, and the assorted rumors floating about the tavern that evening.

Outside the tavern, the maiden Sara was seen talking with an old acquaintance. The news of the two elves, and Khajiit at the Bannered Mare was already making its way around town. Interested, she made her way toward the Inn to investigate for herself.

[I believe that just about summarizes, in short, the events so far. If I've forgotten anything or anyone, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Profiles and information on the involved characters may be found,
    here: [EWM] Rules & Character Sheets or by clicking on the character names in the above summary

Thanks Andante for this summary

Lemviticus

(Thanks for including my posts in the collective one! :) I guess we wait for the others to return now.)

Shew

(I tend to post and then edit to take into account any posts out of order or made while I type up my posting please feel free to do same. Also I seem to have made myself ad hoc leader but am willing to give that up if everyone wishes another to do so. I also colorize speech to highlight it leaving all else default grey)

(This is a edited starter, including the narrative posts of Signy and Sara to correct storyline conflicts in the timeline. And to establish where we actually are in the progress of the story)

In her short time spent at the Inn, Signy came to realise that the group forming in front of her, now crowding the small table that was meant to hold perhaps three at the most, were talking of adventure. Had someone mentioned a cave full of Falmer that needed disposing of? It seemed that being different within the walls of Whiterun bred companionship, something she rarely desired, but was no less interested in.

Taking another sip from her mug, she clumsily moved out of her seat, for the axe strapped to her back had a habit of knocking things down that need not be knocked over, and made her way over to the group, accidentally shouldering the newcoming Argonian in the process. She offered a hand wave of apology, but no speech, as she was more interested in finding out the intentions of these outsiders.

Upon reaching the table, she observed the group again, attempting to look friendly, although that was something she always failed at.
    "Forgive me, outsiders, but I have overheard your conversation of adventure and am interested in making some coin, if you are willing to take a Nord."
    Her eyes flashed, as if it were a challenge rather than a question.

to Signy "I actually am looking for someone who can act as a local guide for a coming venture, please join us in a drink"

Signy sat down as awkwardly as she had stood up, nearly overturning the table with the hilt of her battleaxe, a few drinks sloshed over the sides of their tankards, but nothing to cause a fight over. For once, she was glad that she was in more hospitable company than her usual Nord brothers and sisters, who would have leapt into a bar brawl over any wasted drink.

"I would be happy to provide some information on certain locations," She answered Qa'Bruynzeel in her usual cold, heavily accented tone. She paused before lifting a finger and adding, "One the condition that I get my fair share of the gold."
    Another pause, "And the bloodshed."
    She smiled, enjoying the thought of hacking Falmer to pieces. She enjoyed hacking anything to pieces really, but she thought it best not to voice that here.
    She glanced around the table, wondering if there would be any objections.
    She was, after all, the minority in this small group. For once, she felt as if she were the outlander, and it made her uneasy.
    She drummed her fingers in an agitated fashion on the table, suddenly wishing there was something to slice at close to hand. As always, there wasn't.

To Signy in her ear "Relax dear maiden, there will be plenty of both and you can always relax when I am relaxed, none of us are gonna attack you."

to all "Well I was and am waiting for a contact to arrive before discussing business"
    sips mead
    "I do hope you'll understand, I only wish to put this forth once, but feel free to mix in with us."

looks to imperial, that tried to enter unnoticed

speaking to all assembled "Parden me friends I wish to find something out before we continue"
    To Andante " Mind taking this coin and seeing if we can get a more private place to discuss that business? Perhaps that loft where we can still see the room?"about book"No dear just its getting a bit too hectic to give it it's proper honor"

Sara, slowly made her way to the inn, glancing in the windows to get an idea of how many people were in the building before she entered. she opened the door quietly and slipped in before anyone could notice the gust of cold air that was sure to follow the opening of the door. She walked over to the bartender, to order a drink.

"Cidered apple please," Sara ordered, ordering a non-alcoholic drink, so she was sure to remain alert. She took her her mug over the the table right behind the conversing group. she heard someone say something about coin, and moving to the loft area of the common room above the fireplace. She was more interested by the coin part of what she had heard. Whatever these people were doing it felt like good money to her. she would follow them for a time, and possibly confront them later, possibly later in the evening when the inn cleared or in the morning when they left. if someone didn't catch on to her spying first. (*cough*some one catch her in the act of spying*cough*)

"Excuse me a sec while you settle in, I'm gonna invite our mouse to the table"
    starts back down the stairs to invite the subtle but not quite subtle enough lady trying to listen in, to be the last chair in a already interesting group
    to Sara "Come now wouldn't you be more comfortable sitting with us than perched here straining to overhear our exchanges?"
    "You have skill girl, I noticed you but I'd bet noone else did." as I turn to return to others, whispers "Where did you train?" testing knowledge flashes thieves signals, then assassins signals

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
    (clever, i'll do that from now on. But could you not use that dark purple color? it's hard to read. but yes, i think we should continue the story.)

Shew

(Aww that's my signature color I'll use this Lavender instead okay, just no jokes about my sexuality)

Jermeh

{Quickly recognizes the signals as he was trained from both the Thieve's Guild and the Dark Brotherhood.}
    "Ahah. Seems we have some in common, friend."
    {flashes signals back, with more intricate and rehearsed motion and fluidity}

(It seems my attempt at using color failed. It seems copying and pasting doesnt like color. :p I'll try to start using it from now on though.)

Lemviticus

(I hope you have no objection, but I'd prefer not to have posts hereafter bunched into one big post in the thread, I find it difficult to read and get mixed up with people's characters. Just thought I'd let you know :) )

In the asbsence of the Khajiit, Signy continued to drum her fingers on the worn down wood of the table. She was agitated, even at this late hour with a bellyful of mead. She disliked such companions surrounding her, especially as she was the minority now. She kept her gaze on the table, occasionally flicking her eyes upwards to observe her fellows, who seemed rather more at ease than she did.
    "I have never come across a stranger group of travellers," She muttered, suddenly wishing she had another tankard of ale to clasp her fist around, "You are all outlanders in my homeland of Skyrim?" A judgemental look befell each of the fellow adventurers.

Signy didn't mean to come across as being rude or harsh or cold. It was simply her. She was a Nord. An atypical Nord at that, other than the dark bird's nest of hair that sat atop her head. And being a Nord, with Nordic blood and Nordic belief, she was rather stuck up about her homeland, protective of it too, perhaps to the extreme.

She could feel the claustrophobic air of awkwardness befall the room, and she suddenly regretted not following the Khajiit, out of all of the newcomers, she felt he was the most trustworthy, despite being a cat.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
    (Aww that's my signature color I use this Lavender instead okay, just no jokes about my sexuality)
    (of course not dude, that would be mean. I myself am bi-sexual so.....yeah)
    Sara sat at the table, looking around at the people around here, 2 Khajiit, a Bosmer, a Dunmer and a Nord. A very surprising group of adventurers. "So. I heard you people mention Falmer" Sara said as she put her feet on the table. A posture that lead many to believe she was tired or weak even. Their last mistake. "I hate Falmer with a passion. I'll help you...people, for a price of course." Sara said, as she checked her daggers.

Shew

Flashes back master thieves of elyswere sig, and associate assassin sig in perfect form
    "We might, at that"

Shew

to all while looking at Sara "We are indeed headed to do damage to a recent outbreak of Falmer not far from here as to payment and what is wanted from said cave I await news from my contractor, seems my contact is the only party yet to arrive."

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    Though she said nothing, Andante was taken aback by the diversity the usually homogenous Mare was offering tonight. It was not unusual for her entire night spent sipping mead and penning unrefined prose to go undisturbed. It was a strange, but welcome change to have interesting company. As she wrapped her hands around the satchel of coins Bruynzeel offered her she couldn't help but silently wonder if this was a sign that the rumors, and nervous mutterings she'd heard so lately were true. Perhaps things were changing.

"I have never come across a stranger group of travellers," She muttered, suddenly wishing she had another tankard of ale to clasp her fist around, "You are all outlanders in my homeland of Skyrim?" A judgemental look befell each of the fellow adventurers.

"Hnh, I suppose you would call me an outsider regardless, would you not?" She spoke smoothly to Signy as she heard the obviously nervous Nord woman mention her homeland. "I've never seen the deep forests of Valenwood. The crisp tundras and mountains of Skyrim are all I've ever known." She smiled, an attempt to break the tension. "...but that hasn't stopped me from being treated as an outsider nonetheless. Excuse me, but a moment."

She rose silently from her seat, the coin purse in her hand jingling lightly as she made her way toward the barmaid. She laid the payment on the countertop, and cleared her throat in confidence.

"I would like to have a room for the night. Large enough to accomodate myself, and my..." She paused, looking over her shoulder. "...companions." It felt strange to say.

The barmaid gave her a skeptical look. "You mean to tell me I'll have the pleasure of catering to your lot for the night?" Her mouth was tense, sarcasm not entirely veiled, but Andante ignored it easily enough.

"The loft perhaps would suit us fine." A smile.

Shew

"Well I wasn't told who my contractor was but the letter I recieved said a beggar would deliver the details of place and requirements" sips mead "I garnered from the text and writing style of the note a rich possibly noble patron"
    looks to door as it creaks open notices a beraggled figure enter "ah this could be it"

Jermeh

Fariil waited eagerly as he casually watched the figure look confusedly around the bar for a few moments, until he had a look of recognition as he spotted the misfit group in the loft. "It appears it would be so, brother."

Dalsaf is silent, wondering "is this imperial trustworthy" and he sees the Thieves Guild and Assassins signals "ahhh i have something in common as well and i know those signal's testing this imperial are you" He takes a drink and gets up to lean over the balcony "So imperial, what brings you to this inn are you a traveler from cyrodill or have you been here for a time, I hope you know i don't trust you, i might not ever trust you but i might one day" Dalsaf sits down again "But i digress, let us drink to any adventures that await us six!" Dalsaf falls silent after the toast and is silent for quite some time.......

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
    A shadowy figure in torn robes enters the Bannered Mare. He looks around and spots a rather strange gathering. "Hmm, which one..." said Michael to himself. "The one who looks at me with intent I suppose." Michael walks up to the seemingly odd group of strangers, then turns to the suspicious looking khajiit who was looking at him. "Qa'Bruynzeel I presume? I have a note for you."

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts