Quest The Dwemer quest supposedly hidden.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Wise

They said if u hear voices with a surround system in the game there is a quest there and depending on the options u choose in the quest will decide if the voices will go to another quest start somewhere else and u follow the voices through the quests and then you get that quest when u found all hidden voices. Well I was skeptical about it but I was wearing my trittons the other day and I was in the archmages headquarters and I had them turned up really loud and where the tree grows in the center I hear mages chanting spells and I never heard them before with them on normal volume?

Any ideas?

tat2teel

I've never heard of this, but it's interesting enough. Sorry I have nothing productive to offer on the subject

Maybe you should try casting spells near them. If you can hear mages chanting spells, they might be able to hear you casting spells.

I've never heard of this, but I'm very interested to hear from you how it plays out.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Ooh...... that's the "Calling of the Ancients" questline.... It's a quest to restore the Archmage Tree. It's pretty complicated, requiring extensive use of your calendar.

The standard 7-day week in the Elderscrolls is as follows:

Morndas
Tirdas
Middas
Turdas
Fredas
Loredas
Sundas

The 12-month year is as follows:

Morning Star
Sun's Dawn
First Seed
Rain's Hand
Second Seed
Mid Year
Sun's Height
Last Seed
Heartfire (Sometimes "Hearthfire")
Frostfall
Sun's Dusk
Evening Star

Since the quest is about "rebirth" it is only active during the "Seed" months: First Seed, Second Seed, and Last Seed. So check your in-game calendar to be sure what month it is before proceeding. Speed of travel is of the essence here. Also, being the Archmage of Winterhold is one of the pre-requisites, you cannot restore the tree if it is not rightfully yours.

tumblr_m46v7wmc011rw5zzxo1_500.jpg

"The Call of the Mystic"
The "calling" you hear near the Archmage Tree in Winterhold only appears on "Seed" months on Morndas from 12:00am - 11:59am. After hearing the spell "call", you need to quickly travel to Whiterun's Gildergreen for the next "call". This needs to be done on the same day.

the-elder-srolls-v-skyrim-the-gildergreen.png

"The Call of the Shadow"
If you have previously restored the Gildergreen through the "Blessings of Nature" quest (either restored the tree or provided the sapling), you will be able to hear the second "calling". The sound is more melodic, how you would think a fairy would hum maybe. This "call" is only available on Morndas from 12:00pm - 11:59pm. After hearing the melodic "calling", it's on to the next tree. If the Gildergreen is not restored, you need to complete the Blessings of Nature questline first and THEN reset the Calling of the Ancients quest back in Winterhold.

dunsleepingtreecampqst-001.jpg

"The Call of the Blade"
Once you've heard the "call" at the Gildergreen, it is off to the Sleeping Tree in Whiterun hold. You will again hear a melodic "calling" but it will be several octaves lower, more like a male-version I guess. Use the spigot located on the tree to get the "Sleeping Tree Sap", this is essential for the rebirth of the Archmage Tree. This "call" is only available on Tirdas, between 12:00am - 11:59am. Now that you've heard all three callings, it's a high speed run back to Eldergleam Sanctuary, the next part has a shorter window of time.

eldergleam.jpg

"The Call of Rebirth"
If you arrive back at the Eldergleam Sanctuary on Tirdas between 12:00pm - 3:59pm, you will need to speak with Asta, one of the caretakers of the Eldergleam. She is usually sitting quietly about midway up the path. As you approach, you will be able to hear her humming the same tune that you heard at the Gildergreen and at the Sleeping Tree.

180px-SR-npc-Asta.jpg

Dialogue options will appear that allow you to ask Asta to help you restore the tree. You need to tell her that you heard the same "call" at the Gildergreen and at the Sleeping Tree. After some hesitation, Asta explains to you about the different "calls", that the one you heard at the Archmage Tree was the voice of the College of Winterhold's first Archmage. She then asks you to follow her up the trail to the Eldergleam. As you walk up the path, you will start to hear the same "call" in two-part harmony. The "female" voice from the Gildergreen, and the "male" voice from the Sleeping Tree. As you get closer to the Eldergleam, it gets louder.

Once at the Eldergleam, Asta asks you for the Sleeping Tree Sap and kneels down to pray in front of the massive tree. She hums in tune with the Eldergleam's "call" and after a short cut-scene in which she blesses the Sleeping Tree Sap, she returns it to you and tells you to hurry back to Winterhold. The potion is extremely volatile and will not work after a while. You receive the item "Asta's Salve" to take back to Winterhold.

You need to arrive back in Winterhold on Tirdas between 4:00pm and 11:59pm for Asta's concoction to work. Once the tree is restored, it completely lights up the Archmage Quarters and all of the harvestable ingredients at the base of the tree become farmable every 24 hours, great for those of us that do a lot of Alchemy.

Hope you enjoyed that!

... because it's not real. LOL (Sorry).
I have no idea what the OP is taking about.
Hope nobody actually tried this...

I guess Im SOL with doing this quest since Im deaf :mad:

angry_half-ling

Nerevar, God Killer
Did Todd Howard sneak his way onto the forum as MushroomGenius ??!?!?!?!?!?

Xarnac

Yeah, you start this quest by meeting the Fiji mermaid of Morrowind...

Wayne9011

Are you legit about that calling of the ancients quest because I've been sitting here with my turtle beach on and havent heard a thing cept wind blowing

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Are you legit about that calling of the ancients quest because I've been sitting here with my turtle beach on and havent heard a thing cept wind blowing

Sorry, no. Read the bottom of that post. :confused:

stagnant94

you wrote that amount for a practical joke?

you are gifted

Latest posts