• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    I'll try and get a CC up either tonight or tomorrow, but I'm still not sure as of yet which guild I want to join :/

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    I'll try and get a CC up either tonight or tomorrow, but I'm still not sure as of yet which guild I want to join :/
    If it helps your decision, I'll be writing as a bard.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    Alright, here's my CC.

th

(Imagine this but with red eyes, and no scars)

BASIC
    Name: Veros Bildren
    Race: Dunmer
    Birth Place: Cyrodiil
    Origin: Two Dunmeri Parents
    Class: Bard
    Height: 6'7”
    Weight: 153 lb
    Laterality: Right Handed
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Marital Status: Bachelor
    Health: Drunk but other then that Healthy
    Affiliations: Bard's College
    Afflictions: Addicted to Alcohol
    Religion: None
    APPEARANCE
    Hair: Shoulder Length, Black
    Facial Hair: Rough Stubble
    Eye Color: Red
    Build: Light
    Skin: Rather Dark
    PERSONALITY
    Positive Traits: Smart, Romantic, Usually Merry, Loyal, Confident
    Negative Traits: Drunkard, Flirtatious, Will Challenge Most Leaders, Slightly Hedonistic, Impulsive, Doesn't Always Know When To Be Serious
    Dislikes: Mead/Ale, Organized Religion, Betrayals, Disease, Skooma, Guards
    Fears: A life without meaning
    Aspirations: Live through the Dark Age
    Quirks: When sitting, Veros' left hand will automatically go to his boot knife.
    COMBAT SKILLS
    Major: Knives (Push and Boot), Acrobatics
    Minor: Hand-to-Hand, Throwing Knives, Speech
    Tactics: Vero's combat style is heavily based on surprise, and his whole body is covered in knives. He is more than adept at throwing knives, push knives, and boot knives, as his life often depends on them. If he is pushed to the ground, he will often take out his boot knife; if he needs to strike someone that is running he will throw a throwing knife, etc...
    GEAR
    Amour: Veros wears no armour but prefers a loose fitting, forest green shirt. Under this shirt, he hides a black vest that holds five throwing knives on the right side and on the left side the vest holds two push knives. Veros wears tight-fitting tan pants and black boots, the right boot hides a knife. There's a leather strap that wraps around his back and chest used to carry his lute.
    Weapons: A Boot knife, Five Throwing Knives, and a Push Knife
    Other: Lute

Boot Knife:
    ED2214.png

Push Knives:
    BK-UC1487.png

Throwing Knives:
    07-92FJD.png

HISTORY

Childhood: Veros grew up in the time of the Last War. His parents were two famous lute players, though to this day, he can't remember their names or find anyone who can. They taught Veros the lute up until their deaths at the hand of wit bane. The disease claimed many of Veros' friends and family and grew to hate all diseases much more than the average mortal. Though his parents had a fine estate that was hidden away from the Last War, it was soon discovered by a band of bandits that beat Veros nearly lifeless and plundered the estate. They took everything, inside and out, they stripped the house for its wood, furniture, and stone and left Veros on the ground, helpless and nearly dead. It was only when a friend of his parents came by to visit did Veros get the help he needed to survive. The man that saved Veros' life that night was Aerin, a bard that had toured with Veros' parents on many an occasion.

Teenage: Aerin was the one who introduced Aerin to the Bard's College and was one of the founders of a Cyrodiilic College. There, Aerin and Veros earned their keep teaching the young Tamrielic history, literacy, and entertainment. Though the local king of this time despised the College and ordered them to stop teaching literacy and Tamrielic history, the two continued. As Aerin and Veros were walking down the street one morning, they were attacked by multiple guards for false accusations, they took Aerin's life but kept Veros alive to watch and live on. He would be a constant reminder to all Colleges that sought to teach anything but entertainment.

Adulthood: Veros, taking Aerin's death to heart, began to drink and started becoming much more cautious than an average man or mer. He started exploring his options when it came to weaponry and discovered that, even though he wasn't naturally adept at any weapon, the surprise a concealed knife could provide was just as deadly as any poison. He bought his weapons and vest with the money he received from a king for providing entertainment to his court at a feast he was holding. Veros received his training from a thief and a warrior, they both emptied his pockets, but they gave him the training required to survive in an Era that's more full of blood than water.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    Yeah, sure.

EpicVakarian

BASIC
    NAME Cammy Pyke
    ALIAS Blackspear
    GENDER Female
    AGE 24
    RACE Imperial
    BIRTHPLACE Imperial City
    ORIGIN Unknown
    HEIGHT 5'5"
    WEIGHT 7st 6lbs
    BMI 17.3
    LATERALITY Left-handed
    SEXUALITY Heterosexual
    HEALTH Healthy
    AFFILIATIONS Dark Brotherhood
    AFFLICTIONS None
    RELIGION Loosely worships Sithis
    DIALOGUE COLOUR THIS
    APPEARANCE
    HAIR Blonde with black roots, fairly long
    EYES Very light brown, verging on yellow
    BUILD Skinny, quite lanky
    SKIN Pale and smooth
    SCARS None
    Mylessa_Blackwood_II.1.jpg
    PERSONALITY
    POSITIVE TRAITS Extremely efficient, often brutally so. Never gets caught.
    NEGATIVE TRAITS Quite sarcastic, often gets personally involved in contracts.
    LIKES Completing contracts, having fun with her 'family'
    DISLIKES Arrogance, noblemen and powerful people
    FEARS Being caught
    ASPIRATIONS Not particularly ambitious; would prefer to just live as she is.
    QUIRKS Isn't quite as sociopathic as her 'family'
    ALIGNMENT Chaotic neutral

GEAR
    ARMOUR Black leather coat with fur linings and matching gloves; as above. Skin-tight, sheer black leather leggings. Black high-heeled boots with a soft rubber sole to muffle the sound of the heels.
    WEAPONS A spear; the shaft forged of ebony and the tip forged of blackened steel; which can also be used as a javelin if necessary. Also a pair of black daggers for contracts which require more stealth. They are not wielded as conventional daggers; Cammy also forged a mechanism to fit under her coat. This mechanism fixes the daggers to her forearms, and are linked to her mind through a basic alteration enchantment. When she wishes it, the daggers will thrust out of her coat. They can stay attached and be a low-profile method of assassination, or can be taken from the mechanism and used as a normal dagger, then reattached easily later.
    HISTORY
    CHILDHOOD Among the many brothels in the Imperial City, or what was left of it after the War, Cammy's mother could be found. She gave birth to a girl after a man impregnated her by accident, and left her on the street. A Dark Brotherhood assassin found her, and took her back with him to the nearest sanctuary.
    The Dark Brotherhood named her, gave her a suitable forename and the surname of the assassin that had taken her from the city, and raised her as their own. She was learning the art of the assassin from the age of seven, and grew close to all of her family.
    TEENAGE YEARS Once Cammy hit fourteen, she began taking on contracts for the Brotherhood; simple, mundane contracts that left her mind-numbingly bored. The leader of her family understood, but kept sending Cammy on simple tasks until the leader believed she was ready. Cammy got her first big contract when she was seventeen, and the leader gave her a gift as a present for completing it perfectly; the clothes that Cammy still wears, and some lessons in smithing from a friend in Skyrim. Cammy spent three months in Skyrim, in which time she forged her daggers, and her spear.
    ADULTHOOD Cammy arrived back in the sanctuary, now eighteen. Her family members teased her for her choice of weapons, and gave her a nickname. Her surname, Pyke, the spear and her obsession with black; it was too perfect. From then on, she was called Blackspear by everyone.
    As her old family members from her childhood began to leave, die or be caught, she quickly raced through her contracts to become a highly acclaimed assassin among her family; the old and the new recruits. She was known among the new ones as the kindest of the more experienced assassins, though the name Blackspear often scared recruits from her. The ones she did take in, she taught her own combat style; with spears, pikes and the like. And between training recruits, she took advanced contracts, often killing troublesome nobles or knights.
    Cammy is lucky; despite being raised as a killer, she has more stability in her life than most peasants did, and much more coin. She is enormously glad that her savior found her on the street outside the brothel, and proud to bear his name.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    I like your CC, Epic, and I'll edit you in the cast.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    Some things I forgot to put in my CC, or just wanted to add that is now in the CC: Veros has a leather strap that connects to his back to his chest, it acts as a lute sheath; I changed Veros' skin tone to match the picture.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    I'm just going to give a brief premise of the character. He was a soldier in Cyrodiil's army when they hired the Mages Guild to conduct an experiment that was to grant immunity to illusion spells, or at least that is what he was told. They were in fact, attempting to create a super soldier. All of the other subjects died but he barely managed to survive. He was left with enhanced strength, stamina, speed and intelligence (Not incredibly enhanced though). A while later he killed all those responsible and joined the Fighters Guild as one of their best members.

Is that okay? I thought he might be considered slightly overpowered so it was possibly best to ratify that here before I make the CC. I could tone him down if you'd like

EpicVakarian

Uhh, a question; where's the nearest DB sanctuary to the Imperial City at this point? You'll notice I kind of left it out of my CC because I wasn't sure...

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    Uhh, a question; where's the nearest DB sanctuary to the Imperial City at this point? You'll notice I kind of left it out of my CC because I wasn't sure...
    Can I get back to you on that? Give me, at the latest, thirty minutes, please.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    I'm just going to give a brief premise of the character. He was a soldier in Cyrodiil's army when they hired the Mages Guild to conduct an experiment that was to grant immunity to illusion spells, or at least that is what he was told. They were in fact, attempting to create a super soldier. All of the other subjects died but he barely managed to survive. He was left with enhanced strength, stamina, speed and intelligence (Not incredibly enhanced though). A while later he killed all those responsible and joined the Fighters Guild as one of their best members.

Is that okay? I thought he might be considered slightly overpowered so it was possibly best to ratify that here before I make the CC. I could tone him down if you'd like
    I'm not so sure I like that idea...

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    Yeah, alright. I thought it was a long shot. It wasn't going to be brilliantly overpowered, just slightly better than the average man. I'll make a different character then.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    This Era is supposed to be heavily based on the Europe's Medieval Age. You know, the fall of Rome led to its structures being stripped and the land being fought over constantly by kingdoms.

To put it simply, intelligence and magicka are on a decline, where as, brute force and strength are on a rise.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    Then how are the Mages Guild involved? (That may come across as rude, I'm just confused.) By intellect, I should of been more specific. I meant more of a military intellect, that is to say, a good tactician. But, I do see your point. He was to be a ruthless fighter and killer

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    The Mage's Guild are still around because they have strong mages and are basically fighting nitwits with pickaxes (a bad example of their strength but I hope you get my point). Not only that, they shrank in size to more easily hide their colleges-with magic and the like- and, much to their dismay, have had to teach the rich how to use magic just to ensure their survival and economy. So you can see, they've had to suffer several sacrifices.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    Ah, OK. The character wasn't really focused on intellect. More of a killing machine Darth Maul or Deathstroke-ish character. I'll probably make more of a proud warrior like character, if he can't be made.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    Alright, here's the idea.

The cities remained largely the same over the years in terms of where they are located, but they have suffered majorly from being stripped by peasants and kings. They can now, almost accurately, be called towns instead of cities. The only thing keeping them a town are their chapels, which attract pilgrims, travelers, and merchants.

Anyway, to your question, the nearest sanctuary is still in Cheydinhall. I'll do a more accurate post on the state of the cities before the IC is up, that, I promise you.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, out of everything you think I would've thought of, it would be the cities.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    And I'll sort out what kingdoms are in charge and where their borders lie.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts