• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Stood atop a grassy knoll, a lone redguard watched closely as deer and its fawn crossed over the invisible barrier that separated Skyrim from the lush terrain of Cyrodiil. Twirling a blade of long grass between her fingers Sionna squinted into the harsh sunlight that bathed the forest land before her. Sunshine dappled hide snuck away into the heather and mossy undergrowth. Sharp splinters from the grass stalk cut into the calloused tips of the warriors fingers, the distant sensation causing the redguard's lip to twitch in response to the faint stimulation as she continued to spin the stalk in her hand. What she would give to follow the deer and her fawn over the border. What she would do to feel the hot sun beat down on her face. In the tundras of Skyrim Sionna's cowl protected her against biting winds and chilling rain and snow. It was a far cry from the sand storms of Hammerfell. She could hardly believe she missed the storms. She did not care for the cold. Not a bit.

Running her tongue over her teeth Sionna threw the grass stalk from her hand and closed her eyes, her head falling down till her chin pressed into her collar bone. Soon, soon this ordeal would end and she would return to her family. One of these days this group she had joined would accomplish something, something just and right. One day they would oversee the end of Magnus and his terrible reign. Lifting her head she gently brushed a few stray strands of hair from her face and began the slow journey back to the main base in the Barrow. The path she had to take was meandering, it had to be if she was to avoid the roadside patrols that roamed the main pathways these days. The sun was still high enough in the sky that she didn't fear she'd be travelling at night. She would be back at camp just after sundown if she was lucky.

She'd been out scouting the edges of Falkreath for the past few days. There had been rumours of a Dark Brotherhood resurgence around the old sanctuary, Sionna had gone to investigate, to see if any zealots had been foolish enough to tempt the wrath of Magnus any further. It had been another fools errand of course, she seemed to find no end of those. The rumours had been only that, just rumours, and now Sionna was simply left to return to the basecamp which had been acting as a refuge and home to her for the past few weeks. It wasn't much, but once the draugr and corpses had been cleared out it made for a decent place to hunker down and build a rebellion. At least that was the idea.

The now familiar sight of the stone archways entered view as the twin moons peaked and the auroras painted the night sky. The steps leading to the entrance were icy, her boots slipping occasionally as she fought for grip against the winds that blew her cape about as she ascended the stairway. Her fingers felt stiff in her gloves as she finally pushed the door open, a small rush of warm air hitting her face as she made her way into the tomb. The view of a warm fire and familiar faces did little to remove the stern look that graced Sionna's features, but she did her best to try a smile as she headed over to the kettle that was sat over the fire. After the past few days she needed a hot meal.

Phoenix Knight

Unofficial awesome dude
    The Windpeak Inn in Dawnstar wasn't the most exiting place. At least, not anymore. But recently Barik Daybreak had received a tip about someone who was worth taking a look at. Barik had entered Dawnstar in secrecy, as was required if he didn't want to get arrested. Again.
    Barik walked past the barracks, lowering his head as he glanced at a board with multiple wanted posters nailed to it. Many of the faces were friends of his, and he smirked slightly to his own face on one of the posters.
    Wanted
    For high treason, assault, use of magic, the unholy murder of various chickens, and Association with the vigilantes known as The Brightsiders.
    Barik Daybreak
    Reward: 600,000 Septims
    "Six hundred thousand, eh? It went up." He acknowledged in an odd mixture of pride and pity. After all, he could count on his fingers the people he knew who would turn him in.
    As he neared the inn he could hear bottles breaking and thugs yelling. This was the place. Barik opened the door and ducked out of the way of an incoming bottle. The place was filled with drunks that had decided it was a good idea to beat the mead out of each other. Literally in some cases.
    A rather stupid Nord swung a meaty fist Barik's way, a stupid Nord that moments later was holding his freshly broken knuckles in tears. Barik turned towards the bartender and ordered some mead. The young woman nodded, winking at him as she passed the goblet his way. Just as he raised the drink to his lips the door slammed open and the drunkards in the room who could still perform basic thought processes turned to look at the Breton that had interrupted them.
    "Hello Damian, your usua- Good gods Damian, is that rabbit blood? Your soaked in it!" The bartender shrieked. The Breton, presumably named Damian, plucked a goblet from the hands of a drunk and downed the remainder of its contents.
    "It was him or me ma'am." He replied in a sigh as he sat down next to Barik. Barik took a moment to size him up. He was around eighteen, five foot nine, smokey green eyes, pale skin, obviously insane. No doubt about it, this was his contact. And yes, he was soaked in rabbit's blood. Damian reached for a new drink and a small, barely noticeable, bolt of electricity zapped between his fingers and the goblet, causing Damian to draw his hand back sharply and look over both shoulders several times. He then proceeded to toss the cup, mead and all, over his right shoulder. Only then did he relax.
    "Can't have any bad luck now can we?" he asked innocently in response to Barik's puzzled look.
    "Isn't that only with salt?" he replied.
    "Nope, pretty sure it's mead. No wait... is it mashed potatoes?" he asked himself. He quickly grabbed a handful of mashed potatoes from a nearby plate and tossed it over his shoulder. Damian then wiped his hand off on his blood soaked clothes, making a disgusting mix of rabbit blood and mashed potatoes.
    "I'm sure you know why I'm here." Barik responded.
    "To recruit me I presume. Though you ought to know I suffer from several mental illnesses. Then again, you must too to do what you're doing." He replied as he examined his fingernails.
    "And what do you say?" the faction leader asked the Breton.
    "I say that you don't even know my skill set." He answered.
    "On the contrary my spy has informed me of your usefulness. You come with quite the affinity for magic, a skill I find useful. And dangerous to my enemies." Barik replied. The two sat in silence for a bit before Damian stood and walked out the door. Barik cursed himself for letting a valuable asset go without being recruited.
    "Well? How am I supposed to find the place if you don't take me there?" Damian asked from the doorway. Barik smiled and stood, walking with the new Brightsider towards Bleakfalls Barrow.

QuiBears

The Simple Traveler
    The dampness of the the once abandoned mine would bother and annoy most people, however a rather feminine form hovered over her workbench as she was carving the final details a new longbow for the rather unique Orc, Cray. The candle in the lantern flickered slightly as a slight gust of wind blew from the draft as someone entered the cave. Slight shadows danced on the walls as the female Fletcher was carving what looked like different types of animals into the bow. A wolf, a bear, a frost spider, and a grand elk were intricately carved into the dark wood of the bow. Her adept hands were now crafting what looked like the face of a ferret. She sighed while hearing the sounds of the others greeting the person to which she silently continued to finish the bow for Cray.

'The Orc will owe me a boon later...once it is done.'

She thought silently to herself though she was starting to get that wonderfully painful feeling that she required...sustenance. Her pale blue eyes narrowed as she stopped her work for a moment bracing herself against the workbench trying to fight that urge. Her eyes closed for a moment as her slender fingers gripped the workbench and muttering under her breath.

"It will pass....It will pass...."

She winced as she could hear a heart pounding in her ears, she never knew if it was her own or if it were the heart beat of someone near her, this is something she never wanted to test. The dreadful sound continued to pound as the urge welled up like a rowdy bar fight, full of noise and rage, within her until it simply faded to a low annoyingly dull throb. The young looking woman left the bow there and started for the entrance way looking rather flustered and sweaty. The woman clad in nearly skin tight leather armor, almost blacker than the heart of the foulest witch, with accents of a deep blood red, walked over to the door with purpose. She glanced over at deep earthy skin toned woman with the red tribal marking about her face giving her a rather simple smile.

"Oh welcome back."

The others glanced over at her to which she threw them all that very same simple smile while her summery soft voice exploded out from her lush lips.

"I will only be a moment." She paused feeling a twang of that urge well up again. "I just need some air."

The woman opened the door only enough so that she could slip through and leave. The cold air caused her breath to appear to look like the smoke escaping from a dragon, from what she had heard about the legend of those beings. Her eyes seemed to glow in the near darkness as she walked down the stairs nearly slipping on the thick sheet of ice that has already gathered on the stairs.

'I need to quell the hunger...before I...No that will not happen, not again.'

Brian Shipley

System A D M I N by day Xbox freak by night
    Waking up from a dead sleep, Hodhon sits up and wipes off the sweat with a piece of wolf pelt. Hodhon’s bear pelt sleeping bag wasn’t warm enough to fight the never ending chill bump army that consumed him.

“Why are these dreams coming back?” he mumbled to himself.

Trying to ignore his very own question, thinking out of sight out of mind, he turns up the lantern next to him. The low glow of the lantern lit up the “shacked up for the night” corner; although it was hardly night out. Being in Bleakfalls Barrow, the time of day has always gotten away from Hodhon. He was not use to spending so much time in a cave. None the less, it beats living in any one of the major cities that inhabit Skyrim.

D_A

"And then I had to chop off his head, he wouldn't stop moaning!" Ralian and Dar'Ja were having quite the conversation. They were away from everyone, Ralian prefers it that way, Dar'Ja didn't mind being in the mix of the crowd, all of these men and women were part of the Brightsiders and he trusted them. "That's the thing with the younger Imperials, once their wounded they don't stop calling for help!" Dar'Ja replied.Suddenly the Door opened to the mass open area in Bleaks Fall Barrow. It was Sionna, god how Dar'Ja couldn't stand her, he trusted her though. A matter of fact she had saved his life a couple of times, but he still didn't like her. Anytime they were together, sabotaging or anything she would always bother him about him having "no morals".

Dar'Ja got up from the criss cross position and started to walk through the door. He saw Sosile, quickly rush out of the cave Just as Sionna entered. That's really strange... Dar'Ja thought. She was just helping Cray, that ferret loving goblin. Dar'Ja likes Cray, it's just, Cray is a bit strange for his kind. Cray's good with a bow, and he's pretty useful. Dar'Ja walked over to Cray, ignoring Sionna as everyone else was greeting her. "Ah, Dar'Ja! How are you doing?" He was sitting on some steps in the middle of the opening, to the elevated large platform in the middle of the room, and of course, he was playing with his ferret. "Have you been watching Sosile making your bow?" Dar'ja asked. "I would catch a few glances here and then, she is quite the craftsman!" Cray said. "Yes, she is." Dar'Ja left Cray with a wave as he was about to open the door outside to see how Sosile was doing.

(OOC: I won't be able to go on the computer sometime today and possibly tommorow)

QuiBears

The Simple Traveler
    Sitting by the warm cozy fire a rather thick, not fat, man nearly dripping with sweat from a days had work was enjoying a rather large stein of meed. His bronze skin glistened yet one can easily read his history, if one understood the old Nord ways, for his arms, torso, and back told his family's tribal history. The man's long overly braided earthy beard dripped with meed as he just looked around at the others. His eyes glanced over at the young Redguard woman that entered into the main chamber and took notice of the Breton female leave.

"Oi, deary how 'bout yah let me melt the chill off of yah?"

The man blurted out with a rather heavy Nord accent (Irish) while flashing her with a sly, to him, grin all the while waggling his eyebrows at the Redguard woman. He pauses a moment to wait for the woman's response to his rather blunt statement.

"Yah know I be good wit' me hands there deary."

The man known as Jorgan the Tall remained seated while taking another swig of the seat honey ale while chuckling to himself while mentally taking in the woman's curves. In all actuality the man was only teasing the young woman, testing her to see how she is like.

SkyrimFreak

In one of the rooms of Bleak Falls Barrow a Khajiit cursed. Dar'khar had been attempting to make a very complicated potion, and she had failed it.. again. "Damn it! It overheated again... why do these have to be so specific? At least these ingredients aren't far too hard to come by..." Dar'khar sighed quietly as she looked at her somewhat depleted store of ingredients. Some of them were starting to go bad or just not many left. "Dar'khar will have to get more soon..." Suddenly she realized how hungry she was. She had been attempting the potion for a couple hours now, and she got hungry fast.

Dar'khar grinned as she saw a fellow Khajiit in the large open area of Bleak Falls Barrow. He was already in a conversation, so she wasn't going to interrupt, but she was always happy to see another Khajiit. Before looking for food though, she went to another room, with various shrines of the Aedra and Daedra. Dar'khar looked around a bit, looking for a specific shrine, then walked over to a statue of Azura (or Azurah) and sat down in front of it. She placed a few choice potions/poisons next to the shrine as an offering of sorts, then continued sitting there quietly for a few minutes. She soon got up, and hoped that it was at least close to one of the mealtimes. Dar'khar gets a little cranky if she can't eat for a while.

QuiBears

The Simple Traveler
    Her pale blue eyes glowed in the near darkness as she stood at the bottom of the rather slippery stone steps to which she looked around the surrounding environment. A pinkish hue in the shape of an elk slowly strode while purposefully trying not to step on the flowers. Just as she was about to rush the creature the sound of the door opening behind her caused her to turn to which her eyes locked onto the Khajiit's form.

"Dar'Ja?"

She asked with her summery voice as she tried to control her hunger yet her pale blue eyes glinted with an unnatural glow. The female Breton turned away from the Khajiit while glancing out at the forest.
    'Damn it....'

"What brings you out here?"

The words escaped from her soft luscious lips as she crossed her arms over her chest. While trying to create the guise that 'all is fine'. The woman tries to use the conversation to keep her in control yet she can now 'feel' that dull aching throb of a pulse in her head. Sosile glanced back over at the male while flashing him a slight smile, though there was something in her smile that she seemed to try and hide.

Brian Shipley

System A D M I N by day Xbox freak by night
    Hodhon walked down the cold distraught cave hall. He over heard a Khajiit yelling about her potions. Hodhon always thought it was funny that the fur balls referenced themselves in a third person. Non the less, Hodhon respected their wisdom and knowledge. Hodhon walked to the main open area of the Barrow, he was hungry and thirsty. People referred to Hodhon as a milk drinker. It's not that he didn't like mead, it was the wheat that Hodhon was allergic to. Hodhon grabbed an apple from the stock pile and sat by the fire.

The apple juices dripped down his chin on to his robe, Hodhon didn't care though. Noticing that the fire was dying down a bit, Hodhon extended his other hand out and dashed a little flame out to spruce it back up a bit.

D_A

"What brings you out here?"

Dar'Ja stepped outside to check on Sosile, she was acting strange, quickly rushing out of the Cave as soon as Sionna came in.

"Nothing that is to big of a deal...I hope." He paused and glanced at Sosile, she was shifting her feet nervously on the stone steps that she was sitting on. "It's just that as soon as Sionna came in, you rushed out. I hope nothing is wrong between you two. It would be a shame if their were any rivalries between the clan." Without Sosile answering back he quickly changed topic, not really caring about her life. "Have you seen Barik, he said something about another recruit, yes? Well it's been nearly five days, he should be back by now right?" Dar'Ja took a seat right next to her on the cold steps. Placing his Imperial bow on the steps. Leaving his Steel Dagger at his waist hidden from plane view and his arrows still on his back. He looked at the sky, the sun was setting, and he would have to sleep soon.

QuiBears

The Simple Traveler
    Sosile moved away from the Khajiit while shifting her gaze back out at the forest while her mind tried again to focus on keeping in control of her 'urge.' Those pale blue eyes still held that eerie glow while now spotting another elk walking over towards the west of them.

'Focus!'

She chided herself while speaking with her summery soft voice now being rather obvious.

"No, there is no hostilities between me and she...I um just needed some air."

She paused for a moment while her mind tried to collect it's self yet the dull aching thud continued to pound in her mind. Sosile's eyes winced as she moved to lean against something cool, it honestly did not matter to the woman for she was feeling rather warm from the rather familiar to her sensations invading her.

"Maybe tomorrow's first sun he shall arrive with the new member of our rather unique friend."

Sosile sighed heavily while mentally trying to keep herself in check while, yet at this point she knew that her mental battle over her control was waning in the wrong direction.

D_A

"He better be, I have nothing to do, other than just killing Imperials. But that can be risky...." He took a moment to think. Isn't there that one khajiit, the one that carries that dragon bone dagger? Trying to come up with an excuse to go back inside to speak with the Khajiit. He shifted his attention back to Sosile. "Well I best go back inside, despite my fur, it is very chilly out here." He stood up, grabbed his bow, and stepped back inside the cave. As he walked in most members were eating. He spotted the other khajiit, never really getting a chance to speak to her all this time. He sat next to her on this long table, that was in the middle of the cave. He usually doesen't start the conversation with strangers and would prefer to kill them. But this stranger was part of the clan, and if the clan trusts her, he does as well. "How long have you been in skyrim?" He sparked the conversation with the khajiit.

Phoenix Knight

Unofficial awesome dude
    It had been five days since Barik had begin traveling with Damian and he was already getting tired of the mage's company. Mostly it was Damian's absurd mannerisms and rituals. For example he talked to himself. A lot. Damian also stopped to pick up flat stones and began trying to balance them on his head while he walked. If he lasted more than twelve seconds, twelve seconds he insisted on counting out loud, he would stack another on top of it. Barik was beginning to question Dustin's judgement. Soon they neared Bleakfalls Barrow, it was at this time that Damian began saying his thought out loud.

"Is that it? I bet that's it, we're walking right towards it. How many members are there? I bet there's lots. Has the empire ever found one of the outposts? How many magic users are there? WOW, that is a BIG rock. Isn't that rock big? Oh wait, that's a mountain. Ooh! Strawberries! I love Strawberries! are we gonna have those for dinner? I hope so. I also hope a saber-cat isn't sneaking up on me right now... Nope i'm good." Damian would not shut up. Then again maybe he just built up all those words during the second day of the trek when he was absolutely silent. Barik just hoped he wouldn't cause trouble for the guild. Which was highly unlikely.

SkyrimFreak

"How long have you been in Skyrim?"

"Not long. About eight months I believe. Dar'khar doesn't like Skyrim much. Dar'khar wishes she was back in Elsweyr. But Skyrim has so many more possibilities for potions, so many new plants and other flora. At least its a little less chilly with our fur. And the history of this place! Dar'khar wonders if dragons are actually real?" She continued rambling on about Skyrim then realized that he probably wasn't as interested in alchemy and history and nature as she was. "Er... Dar'khar is sorry for rambling. It's just so amazing here, except for the 'Emperor' and the holds and guards. And Imperial supporters." She said 'Emperor' in a very sarcastic tone, then got back to what she was originally going to ask. "By the way, whats your name?"

D_A

"My name is Dar'Ja, I'm guessing your name is Dar'khar? I can tell you haven't a costumed to the main language, you still say your I's with your name. You'll get used to it." Dar'Ja responded and grabbed a piece of bread.

(OOC: I actually looked it up. In the Khajiit fantasy language [fantasy because it has never been heard before in game] their is no word for I, so they say their own name when then speak in the English language, khajiits that are more used to the language still have the accent but can say I.)

"Well, Dar'khar, what is your specialty? Other than making potions and such?" Dar'Ja was excited, if this fellow Khajiit was another stealthy like warrior, all three Khajiits could work together. At least that's what Dar'Ja was hoping.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Sionna had offered a polite nod to Sosile as she passed. It had not been long that she had been with the Brightsider's company and already she had met a fair few interesting characters, including the breton vampire. She was of yet unsure and still very wary of he majority of the people she was expected to work with. She did not complain however, she was here to do the honourable thing, not to make friends.

"Yah know I be good wit' me hands there deary."

Sionna faltered as she knelt by the fire and ladled some stew into a shallow wooden bowl. Looking up she could tell from the impish grin spread across Jorgen's battle-scarred face. Blowing gently to cool her stew Sionna quietly moved over to sit near the hulking nord. He was like most nord men she had encountered in her travels, battle-proud and never far from a tankard of mead. He seemed to have a goodness to him however. Perhaps she was biased in her judgement after having learnt of his mixed heritage. Upon meeting he and Maya, Sionna had felt far more at ease amongst the guild. It was perhaps a trivial matter, but having people of the same heritage as her helped to ease the grief she felt for having no way home. Pursing her lips Sionna raised her spoon to her mouth, but not before having the last word. "I will believe that when I see it. Actions speak louder than words old man." Perhaps it was her dry tone of voice that led many to believe the young warrior to be humourless and cold, but contrary to common belief, Sionna did have a sense of humour. She took her job seriously and she spoke little, but she wasn't the silent sell-sword many saw her as.

QuiBears

The Simple Traveler
    The grin widened at the young woman's response to his 'offer' to which Jorgan-the-Tall's laughter boomed throughout the former mine like a fire mage casting a rather explosive spell. The rather tall man stood up and moved behind the young woman to which he placed his rather large calloused hands on the woman's shoulders and slowly started to work out her shoulder muscles. His thumbs and other digits expanded and contracted on her shoulder blades for a moment before shifting slight so that he was specifically working on the right side of her shoulder.

"Oi deary, yah be a bit stiff there lass."

The words escaped his lips, much like smoke billows from a pipe, as he dipped his head to her right ear lightly speaking to her. The older man continued to massage the Redguard woman while inwardly admiring her beauty, for it had been quite a while since he had been in an intimate situation with a Redguard woman.The rather proud black smith shifted his hands to the left of her shoulder blade not trying to soothe those tired and worn muscles. Again he spoke this time a little louder then before.

"So lass, what ye be thinkin' off me hands?"

He chuckled lightly while his fingers and hands continued what he had them doing to her left shoulder blade for a moment before moving his hands back onto both of her shoulders and started to deeply massage her neck and shoulders. This deep blue eyes focused on her back making sure not to harm her by tugging to tightly on a knot, for he has done that before.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Sionna shook her head at Jorgen's loud outburst, absently thinking to herself that if there had been any draugr left they'd be awakened by that outburst. Focussing on her food she had hardly expected the blacksmith to follow through on his offer and she jumped under his touch as he began to ease tense and aching muscles.

It was...pleasant. Considering the manual aspects of his trade it was not surprising that he had such a talented touch. At his query as to her opinion of how his hands fared Sionna paused, stirring her stew about in her bowl. Maya was passing by and must have spotted the pair as her laughter rang out through the cavernous ruins of the barrow as she walked over to find herself a seat of her own.

"Well that didn't take long did it? She's got you wrapped round her finger there Jorgen. You best be careful now."

Sionna smiled gently at Maya's amused words and nodded in agreement. "I'm sure he's wise enough to know to be careful around a woman who knows how to wield a blade properly."

SkyrimFreak

"My name is Dar'Ja, I'm guessing your name is Dar'khar? I can tell you haven't a costumed to the main language, you still say your I's with your name. You'll get used to it."

"Oh... Dar'khar will probably continue speaking this way. And yes that is Dar'khar's name."

"Well, Dar'khar, what is your specialty? Other than making potions and such?"

"Dar'khar is a very good thief, if Dar'khar has to kill she uses poisons. Dar'khar hopes that it won't have to come to that, but Dar'khar can still do that, and thieving. Oh finally, some food." She grabbed a couple pieces of bread and started wolfing them down. "What about Dar'ja?" she asked when she finished (which didn't take long).

D_A

"What about Dar'ja?"

"I use the woods and the snow to blend in with. I have various ranger cloths to help with that. I like to use the shadows as well. I use a bow to kill from afar and a steel dagger to kill close." Just as Dar'Ja finished Barik stormed in with the new recruit. The Breton was looking everywhere as this cave was an amazing place. He started to say how amazing this place was and such. He seemed to be very strange. "I need to talk to Barik." Dar'Ja said to Dar'khar.

He got up from the table and walked up to Barik, who was introducing the new comer to the other members. "I'm sorry to disrupt you," He spoke to Barik ", but there has been very little things for me to do other than kiling some Imperial patrols. Do you have any assignmments? I can gather a quick team if you need anything done."

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts