• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    *Stickied first post*
    blackreachexp_zpse7bae63d.jpg
    The setting takes place in Skyrim after the Alduin Crisis, and the Dragonborn having defeated him. The Dragonborn was no longer seen after that. The Civil War is still going on, and Danacia, a modest citizen of Whiterun looking for a "get rich quick scheme" received a letter from a friend about a job on a newly discovered dwemer ruin found in Winterhold. The Jarl of Winterhold is interested in knowing what lies beneath, so he has sent out word to the major cities of Skyrim to bring forth brave adventurers to band together and take on the unexplored ruins. Danacia heads to Winterhold as fast as she can to see if there are any positions left, and to find out who exactly is going to be a part of her team...
    RULES:
    1) HAVE FUN :)
    2) OOC: ARE ALLOWED, BUT KEEP TO MINIMUM
    3) ALL REGULAR RP RULES APPLY
    CASTING IS CLOSED
    CAST:
    Rekamennos: Danacia
    Meben15: Edwin
    Znowcicle: Azaelia
    Skyrimosity: Rellian
    The_Madgod: Selia
    Minstrel: Circe
    Mr. Owl: Brenda Soft Voice
    Mini Mongo: Geran
    Kir the Silent: Kir

OOC - Black Reach Expedition | Skyrim Forums
    ^^ The OOC Thread

Rekamennos

Account closed
    "This is the day, Mirrow, I'm telling you!" Danacia giggled, tying her packs to her horse's saddle tight. There were so many things hanging off the horse's side that she looked like she was going on a long trip, which, any journey to Winterhold was a long one even if by horse. Mirrow bobbed his head, pawing at the ground in response to Danacia's hopeful wishes. Danacia had a scroll in hand, a letter from a close friend of hers leading on about a profitable job in the desecrated city where the College of Winterhold keeps it's only value left.

The letter read:

Danacia,

How are you? It's been a while! I am doing well, and the kids are adjusting fine to the harsh weather in Dawnstar. Look, I don't know what you're up to these days, but last time we talked you were really looking for some coin...so I heard about this job being shouted out in the cities like it was urgent news involving a newly discovered dwemer ruin in Winterhold. Sounds like Jarl Korir has taken great interest in it, and he has sent word with the couriers to let all brave adventurers know of a mission for what could be incredible spoils. I don't know if you're up for risking your life, but, they're taking recruits still so I figured you might want to know. I hope this letter gets to you as soon as possible, and don't forget to stop by and see the new house!

Sincerely,
    A friend
    "No! I am telling you Mirrow! This time will be different, I assure you. We will have the house we always dreamed of, and maybe a nice stable just for you! And perhaps a few children from the orphanage? That sounds just fine to me..." She smiled, and then thought inwardly if she did all that, marriage would soon be something she'd need to do. After all, what is having kids in a home without a mother, and a father? Danacia mounted her horse, nodded to the stablehand, and then she galloped off.

--------------------​
    (ARRIVING IN WINTERHOLD)

Lime green eyes scanned the borders of the city of Winterhold as a hood over her face, and a thick fur coat over her chilled steel armor kept her body warm. Mirrow was walking, for running in such terrible conditions in this blistery wind was hard to do. Did not matter, though, for the further he stepped the closer they got to the small ruins of a town. Danacia's first destination was the inn for a bed and drink. It had been a long journey, and she was exhausted.​
    Arriving closer to the inn, she dismounted Mirrow and walked him into a complimentary stable to keep him out of the harsh weather. She closed the stall door after leading him in, and she patted his chocolate brown muzzle before walking off with one of her pack's off his saddle draped over her shoulder and towards the inn. She stepped up the ice covered steps, arms out for balance, and she made her way towards the door, opening it quickly and carrying in snow from the fast winds as the door shut. Danacia smiled, her lime green eyes sparkling in the orange glow of the fire, and she stomped her feet at the entry way to rid the snow from herself. She made her way over to the counter, deciding not just yet to take her coat off since the warmth hadn't caught up with her.

"A room for one, please? And may I put in an order for grilled venison and a black briar flagon?" She asked the innkeeper, with a smile, putting down a nice pouch of coin. The innkeeper nodded, and then he pointed to the room in the far right corner while handing her a key. "Thank you!" She smiled once more, heading in that direction as the innkeeper disappeared into a backroom to get her meal prepared.

Danacia unlocked the door of her room, and she walked in closing the door behind her. She stripped her fur coat and hood, still in her steel armor, and threw her pack on the bed. She put the key in her pocket, and then left the room to sit by the fire to warm up after a long day of traveling. As she sat, she had her eyes focused on the fire and hands out to feel it's warmth embrace her freezing skin.​

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin shielded his eyes with his gloved hand as he trudged through one of the vicious blizzards that seemed to constantly be raging in the northern reaches of Skyrim. His entire body was freezing, despite the weather dampening enchantment he had set upon his half leather half robe armor. Hopefully he would arrive in Winterhold soon, the only thing he could think of now was a nice pint of mead at the Frozen Hearth Tavern.

As Edwin though of the warmth of the town he stumbled on through the snow, cursing the Eight for giving him such horrible weather to travel to the northern city, he spotted the dark outline of the college through the blur of snow and Ice. "Thank the gods!" He said out loud to himself, it would be extremely inconvenient to get lost out here, especially since he was on time constraints for this journey. There was an expedition to some Dwemer ruin or something going on. Edwin didn't know the details but it seemed like it would be profitable and fun so he left for Winterhold immediately.

When he reached the edge of town there was no-one walking the streets. He laughed to himself, "Ha! And why would they be! Awful day." He hopped up the steps to the Tavern, practically falling through the door. Upon entering, Edwin walked over to the fire, pulling the chunks of ice and snow out of his tangled black hair and three-day beard.

He grinned friendly at the man at the counter, "Greetings my friend. A pint of ale for yours truly if you would be so kind." He walked up to the counter and fished out a couple of septims from one of his many pockets. The bartender took them without a word and passed him the mug.

With a nod of thanks Edwin took a healthy swig of the strong drink before asking the man the real reason for him coming here, "Tell me friend, Have you heard of an expedition into some ruin leaving from here? I caught wind of it down south and it sounded profitable."

Rekamennos

Account closed
    "Here you are, Milady," a tavern wench came up to Danacia, as she was seated staring distantly into the fire. She startled a bit, having been lost in thought, looking up to a pair of boobs from the smiling tavern wench and she smirked and bit her lip. The tavern wench was wearing the typical dress of a girl looking for coin off her body. She was holding out a tray, with Danacia's grilled venison chop and her flagon of black briar.

"Thank you very much." Danacia pulled a few septims from her pocket, and she exchanged them as tip for the wench as she took the try. Danacia watched her bottom move in a rocking motion as the tavern wench disappeared to the back room for more food and work. She smirked again, and focused on her food as she picked up a knife and fork preparing it to be eaten.

She looked around the inn, surprised at the commotion they were having. There was quite a popular crowd here for such a small city, but it was no doubt, due to the fact that the Jarl was looking for aid. Since it was such terrible weather outside, she decided that it would be best to go first thing in the morning to the Jarl's longhouse for an inquire of this adventuring team.

Skyrimosity

Rellian Ruuz-Taak was walking through a blizzard near Winterhold. He was cursing at just about anything he could think of. The weather, the Divines, the Daedra, and anything else which came to his mind. He once again, for the fifth time since he had begun walking 2 days earlier, took out the note he had received a few days ago.

"To the fierce warrior Rellian:
    There is a great task awaiting you in Winterhold. It promises riches and fame. Head there and meet the Nord woman by the name of Danacia.
    - Anonymous"

Why am I going to Winterhold anyway! I have no guarantee of gold and I'm about to freeze to death in this snow! Snow snow everywhere! It never ceases!

Rellian finally caught glimpse of an outline in the distance, barely visible through the blanket of snow which fell from the darkened sky. He knew he was near Winterhold. He continued to fight the snow, finally arriving in what he recognized as a street. He could see the empty streets of Winterhold, abandoned due to the heavy snowfall. Rellian made his way down the street to the small city's inn.

The Redguard walked through the door, shaking the snow off his leather armor. His arms ached to draw blood with his dwarven sword. It wasn't often he went so long without a kill. With a look of discomfort on his face, he made his way to the counter. He saw the innkeeper talking to a man and called out "Hey! You have other customers you know! Walk here all the way from Falkreath and the least I deserve is some pheasant breast and a cold mead!" The innkeeper had a look of fear in his eyes as he hastily filled Rellian's order. He looked around the inn, paying attention to anyone who may have a Nordic name such as Danacia.

(OOC: Colored text is dialogue and italicized text is for thoughts.)

Rekamennos

Account closed
    Danacia's eyes shot directly to the yelling man at the counter, almost choking on her mead. She rolled her eyes in disgust to his discontentment, and then began to continue to work into her venison. She was nearly finished with her meal, but still had half a flagon full of mead. Danacia couldn't help but have a satisfied smile, for the warmth of the fire and the fine tune being played by the inn's bard was enough to keep her at peace. She pulled out the scroll from her friend again, and she read it quickly to herself, wondering if she was going to be the first to the longhouse or not in the morning. She decided she would make an effort to do so in order to take the position as "head of the team," and of course be able to size up her companions.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Selia opened her eyes, having nodded off on her victims bed. she pushed the dead mage to the side, his golden face hitting the ground and knocking out a couple of teeth. Not that he cared, what with his slit throat and all. The Redguard woman stood and began humming to the tune of The Dragonborn Comes, interrupted by random giggling fits. She looked around the tiny room, looting all of the poisons spread out by the mans alchemy table. Selia was glad her target was a College alchemist. Less work, more poisons. She threw everything she'd looted into a rough leather sack and strolled out into the large, circular room lined with cots.

The woman stepped outside, a flurry of snow hitting her right in the face. The unexpected snow did nothing to hurt her great mood. She stepped outside and snuck past anyone outside, almost being spotted by the resident illusionist. Almost. The gate was wide open, allowing Selia to leave just as quickly as she had entered the previous night. She bounded down the walkway, completely oblivious to the giant holes in the path. The front part of the walkway was left unguarded. "Good.", thought Selia, "No need to dirty my hands anymore!" She stepped out, a distinct jump in her step, and approached the inn, ready for a celebratory sweetroll.

Selia threw the door open, laughing, and noticed some odd characters. Selia looked around the inn, not noticing anything new or odd, other than the patrons. "What might you be doing here? No visitors ever come to little old Winterhold!", shouted the Redguard to the various patrons, most certaintly not using her "inside" voice. While speaking she began to stroke the chin of some Redguard man sitting at a table, appearing quite bewildered. She abruptly danced away, not giving the man a chance to say anything, then sat on the table of a female human of some sort, probably Nord or Imperial. "How 'bout you, what are you doing here?", asked the Redguard. This time, she allowed the woman a chance to answer.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    Danacia had finished her venison chop, and she shifted her body to angle to the right leaving the tray on a table that separated her chair and another char on the other side. She figured the tavern wench would come by and pick it up while she was making her rounds. While once more contently staring into the fire while drinking her mead, she was ripped from her concentration by a sudden Redguard woman commandingly throwing a question in her face. She held the mead in her mouth, cheeks puffed up so she didn't choke on it like the last time. She closed her eyes, letting out a sigh, and then swallowed it slowly down as her eyes reopened.

Looking over to the Redguard female, she replied with a bright smile, "Why wouldn't I be? I think most of us are here for the same reason. To join the expedition team upon discovery of a new dwemer ruin here in Winterhold. Adventurers are promised great reward for exploring the ruins."

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    The woman swallowed some more mead, then said to Selia with a cheery demeanor and a smile, "Why wouldn't I be? I think most of us are here for the same reason. To join the expedition team upon discovery of a new dwemer ruin here in Winterhold. Adventurers are promised great reward for exploring the ruins." Selia was shocked that such an opportunity had come to Winterhold and she hadn't known of it. "How might one go about joining this... Expedition? Wait, before you answer, WINE BREAK!", said the Redguard, going from serious to recklessly cheerful in two seconds, flat. She grabbed a bottle of alto wine from the counter and drank it all in one gulp, throwing a couple of coins onto the table to avoid catching the attention of the law. She didn't want her new friends to be horrified by a pile of dead guards. Yet. Then, the Redguard jumped back to the woman, who appeared quite bewildered at Selias recent actions. The assassin pulled up a chair, then pushed it over, opting instead to sit on the table again.

Skyrimosity

Rellian was surprised when some crazy woman came up and rubbed his chin. He was about to beat the woman down to the floor without a bit of shame but she just ran off, talking to some Nord at a table nearby. Rellian finished off his pheasant and his mead and walked over to them. He ignored the Redguard woman, not trying to come off as mean and brutal yet, and asked the Nord a question in a rough, hardened voice. "Hello. Is your name Danicia?" Rellian really thought the girl looked like a Danicia. He glanced over at the Redguard woman nearby once more, and his face was quickly overcame with a look of distaste.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    Danacia's head flew in two different directions. Her peace for the time being had been disrupted by the overly interested travelers dividing her attention inside the inn. "How might one go about joining this... Expedition? Wait, before you answer, WINE BREAK!", said the Redguard, going from seriously to recklessly cheerful in two seconds, flat. Was the first thing Danacia heard, listening to the Redguard woman with her whole attention at that moment seeing as she was the first to speak to her. Then, she turned to the hardened voice of a man standing before them both. She listened, "Hello. Is your name Danicia?"

"Well, I don't know for sure, all I got was a letter from a friend back when I was at home in Whiterun detailing the news he heard about the expedition from his home in Dawnstar...but I plan on going to the longhouse first thing in the morning to see what the Jarl has to offer, and if this is really something I should invest my time in." She nodded, with a smile, to the Redguard woman.

Her attention was now upon the man. She lifted a brow, her smile fading a she thought about what he had said quite surprised. She swallowed, and then replied hesitantly, "...how do you know my name?"

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Selia stuck her head between the Redguard and the Nord and said, "Horker. That is all." She jumped back and walked over to the counter, listening to their conversation will making the bartender feel extremely awkward.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Before the Bartender could reply a large Redguard walked in, ordering a drink in a loud, arrogant manner. Edwin sighed, he knew this type. Always stomping about, thinking they were the best in the world. They were the worst drunks ever, grabbing at every woman who walked by and becoming even more lound and annoying. He hoped this man stayed sober for the entire Taverns sake, including himself. Edwin really didn't want to have to knock him into the fire.

As he continued to sip his drink another Redguard entered the room, this one female. She bounded up to the man at the counter asking him a quick question. Without even waiting for an answer the woman was off again, leaving the Redguard man confused. Edwin chuckled at the scene, and watched as the girl bounded over to another woman sitting alone at a table in the corner.

Edwin overheard the Redguards loud voice asking of an expidition and he stood up from the bar, sidleing over to the two of them. The male Redguard got up as well, walking swiftly over to the two women. Edwin watched the man ask the Nord woman in a rough, rude voice if her name was Danacia. He waited for her response to the question, leaning up against the wall in the darker part of the room as he waited for the right time to introduce himself.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    A cold breeze flew over Adario's face as he walked down the bridge connecting the College to Winterhold. Being half dremora, he had to live at the college for his safety, otherwise the townsfolk would attack him. Nevertheless, he had to go to the Inn in Winterhold to retrieve his newly enchanted armor from the Mage who enchanted it, and he proceeded to do so.

He was wearing a hooded black robe to beat the cold of the place, it was also his normal outfit ever since his armor was being worked on by a non-college mage. He discreetly walked past a nearby drunken guard when he descended from the bridge. Covering his face with his black hood and robes. However, the guard did notice the horns piercing through the weak cloth of the hood as Adario walked fastly across the ground to enter the inn. Lucky for Adario, the guard was too drunk to thoroughly investigate the horns, so he simply muttered, "Must be one of them...tailless Argonians, 'er sumthin'....*hic*"

The door slammed open, Adario had the Mage he was supposed to meet with in sight. He walked as fast as he could to the Mage so he could retrieve his armor, carry it out, leave without being seen, and change into it back at the college. While hearing the annoying boasts of a nearby Redguard woman, Adario approached the Mage discreetly, sat down next to him and whispered quickly, "I'm here for my armor, have you got it finished?". He was attempting to hide his horns protruding from his hood from the innkeeper by hunching his whole body slighty forward in his seat.

The young Mage silently nodded from underneath the hood of his blue robes and slided Adario's enchanted Orcish armor from his left across the table to his right side, where Adario was sitting. After that, the Mage quietly said,
    "Here, now go! Before you're noticed!". Adario picked up his armor and walked as fast as he could to the door, until he was stopped by a tavern wench before he could get to it in time.

As Adario briefly felt the woman's hand on his shoulder, she said curiously, "Hey you, turn around. What's with those horns on your head?". Adario forgot that he was trying to be unnoticed and turned his head around. The mortal woman saw Adario's glowing, purple Oblivion sign on his forehead and also noticed his orange skin along with his scary demonic eyes. "BY THE DIVINES! A DAEDRA! KILL IT KILL IT!!" shouted the tavern wench out of fear while pointing at Adario.

From across the room, the Mage facepalmed as the woman's shout brought the attention of many people turning their heads in that direction. Suddenly, a guard bursted through the door, hearing the woman's muffled yelp from outside the inn. The guard wrapped both of Adario's hands in binds together behind his back which caused him to drop the armor he was carrying out. Adario gulped, knowing it was all over. But suddenly, the Mage got up and came to his aid. "WAIT! He's not exactly a daedra! It was...an experiment at the college! Yes...ooh I remember it with my own eyes. The evil mages took a poor Orc prisoner they held captive and fused him with a dremora! That's why I left the college, I don't like doing cruel things to innocents!". The guard twisted Adario's head around with his hand, noticing normal Orc features along with dremora.

The guard bought the Mage's lie, he lied in order to keep Adario in a good reputation amongst the people in the inn, knowing they wouldn't react so well if they were told that his mother had sex with a dremora. The guard untied Adario's bindings and said, "Oh, I'm sorry Orc. That's terrible what they did to you, I should report this to the Jarl later! But in the meantime, carry on." Adario then picked up the armor he dropped and sat down at a nearby bench. The wench returned to him and said "I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you! Can I get you anything?" Adario shook his head and said, "No, just a room is all."

As she cringed upon hearing Adario's evil sounding voice, Adario handed the woman 10 septims and she led him to his room. When they both arrived, she looked at Adario and said,
    "Let me know if you need anything else.". Adario silently nodded then went behind the dresser in the room to change out of his robes back into his newly enchanted armor he was carrying.

Skyrimosity

The woman asked Rellian about how he knew her name. Then the Redguard woman shouted something about Horker and ran off. Testing my patience... not very smart. But, Rellian realized he needed to answer the Nord who now stared at him, rather questioningly. "I did not know your name. But you looked like a Danacia. Here, look at this." Rellian placed the message he had received on the table, in front of the Nord woman. "Would you happen to know anything about that? And perhaps recognize the handwriting?" There was not a tone of joke in Rellian's voice. He was all business.

(OOC: Contents of note mentioned above, Reka.)

Rekamennos

Account closed
    "How does one look like a Danacia?" She asked the Redguard, crossing her arms, the wolf inside her beginning to feel rather testy as the spirit moved about angrily in her mind. Her lime green eyes began to glow, and she shook her head with a sigh snapping out of the feeling. Before she responded to the man, she inwardly yelled at her wolf, "SHUT UP! Stop blowing my cover!"

She looked back up to the Redguard, and then she looked over to the note on the table pulling it close to read. Her eyes widened once again, and she swallowed gently placing it back down. The wolf inside her growled more, but it was not anything apparent from the outside in her demeanor. "I have no idea what this is about. All I am here for is the dwemer excavation..."

All of a sudden, her attention was completely wiped away from the redguard as she looked towards the door of the inn. "A DAEDRA! A DAEDRA! KILL IT! KILL IT!" She heard the tavern wench scream out, and then she rolled her eyes studying the features of the so called daedra. She looked over his face, seeing that he also had Orcish features. Was it possible for a daedra and an orc to be mixed? She had no idea, but obviously so, however it was also obvious this was her first encounter with such a being. She turned to the Redguard, and then she smiled with a nod, "Please excuse me..."

Heading over to the man at the door, she turned to the wench and said, "We all have a right to be patrons here, do we not? I suggest you back off." She looked deep into the tavern wench's eyes, her lime green eyes glowing as she took a step forward and the wolf spirit within her flashed in her eyes. The girl look horrified, and she stepped back, as everyone else in the tavern went back about their business.

Skyrimosity

Rellian replied at the woman's first response. "Well, how does the snow fall? All I know is that you are a perfect fit for the name Danacia." Rellian then waited for the woman to say something else. When she mentioned the Dwemer excavation, he tensed up.

Do you remember what happened last time?

Yes.

Then how will you ever go back down a Dwemer ruin?

I need the money! Rellian had finished his internal battle with the last phrase. The woman excused herself and went to some tavern wench, saying a few harsh words. Danacia's words were enough to cease all commotion in the inn as everyone went back to their normal routine. Rellian approached her once more. Rellian spoke to her with a tone that was all too serious for the near humorous words to come out of his mouth. "Well well. Now that is how you cause some fear! I should have taken notes! But I digress. Please tell me more about the Dwemer Excavation."

Rekamennos

Account closed
    Danacia sighed, looking over to the Orc/Daedra man, and she nodded politely. Her attention was once more brought forth to this redguard, and she said to the man she was looking over to, "Sorry for not exchanging pleasantries, I truly meant to..." She then waved to the Redguard as she walked back to her comfortable chair at the fire. She sat down, and she said, "Come, sit down," and she looked over to the chair on the other side of the table in between them.

She turned herself towards the man as she interlaced her fingers together. "This is all I know..." She gave him the letter that her friend had wrote her. "The Jarl of Winterhold is looking for brave adventurers willing to risk their lives for the chance to explore a newly discovered dwemer ruin for the first time. We are promised incredible spoils on whatever we can find below."

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    As soon as Adario finished situating himself in the newly enchanted orcish armor, he overheard a female voice speak as if it was reading a letter out lout. Adario listened closer, then heard her speak of some sort of expedition to a new Dwemer ruin. As the girl finished her sentence, Adario thought to himself. "If I play my cards right and do well, this could be my chance to become accepted in all the holds! That is...if the word spreads throughout skyrim...odds are it will not. Oh well, I'll just join for the fun."

He walked in the direction of the voice's point of origin and saw a woman. Adario approached the red haired girl and tapped her on the shoulder, and then shyly said, "Excuse me...I know that um..I'm not exactly normal...but I...would like to join the expedition, if you would have me... My name is Adario, what's yours?". He then silently stood there and awaited a reply.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    Danacia was inwardly cursing herself at the moment. She turned her head, to the man whom she had dismissed nearly the door with a compose smile. She thought about his words, and she shook her head. "No I... you got it all wrong. I don't lead this expedition, this is something that Jarl Korir has set up..." She looked down to the floor and wondered why all of these travelers thought she to be the one who was going to lead. It wasn't something she didn't want to do, but she can't just assume the position without reporting in to the Jarl. Could she?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts