The Becoming of a Thief

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Skyrim

Master Thief and Assassin
Hello all. This is my first fan fiction so if it's not very good, please forgive me. Don't just tell me it's 'crap', give me constructive criticism instead. There may be more chapters in the future but for now, this is just chapter 1 so don't expect it to end like a full story would. Enjoy.
Chapter 1
I didn't want to leave Markarth - but I had to. I don't have the money to afford my own house so I have to stay in inns. Luckliy for me, I have a friend back in Markarth who works at the Silver-Blood Inn and allowed me to stay there 7 days a week for a cut price of 10 septims instead of the usual 10 septims a day. All that is in the past now. I've made my way to Riften, a small town notorious for its thieves and the Black-Briars. I only have 200 coins which really isn't much considering I need food, drink and shelter. You're probably wondering why I even left Markarth. Well, I'll tell you.
It all began on a normal evening in Markarth. There was a beautiful sunset and I was on my way back to the inn after a long, hard day's work at the mine to try and earn some extra coin when I was approached by two guards. They held up a warrant for my arrest and accused me of murdering someone.

"Stop right there. You have committed crimes against Skyrim and it's people."

"What did I do?" I said with a tremor in my voice.

"We have reason to believe you have committed murder and have a warrant for your arrest from the Jarl."

It was at this point the guard reached forward to grab me. If there's anything I've been blessed with in life it was speed. I managed to swerve my arm out of the guard's reach and make a run for it. I ran as fast as I could, past intrigued citizens and guards. The two guards chased after me and shouted for help. I now had the entire guards of Markarth on me and one nearly shot me down. His arrow whizzed past my head at such a speed that it nearly burst and eardrum. I was just too quick and managed to escape the city and the entire hold. I was now a fugitive and an accused murderer...

So that's why I'm in Riften. I've been travelling for days and eventually reached this town. It doesn't seem like the most welcoming place but to be honest with you, I don't really care.

I walked up to one of the townsfolk and asked where the nearest inn was. They were not the most helpful, to say the least. He was an Altmer and just kept blabbering on about how he was more superior than me and why I was lucky to even be talking to him. Give me a break. I left him and walked along a bridge and found a building that definitely looked like some sort of inn or tavern. I thanked Talos and said a little prayer before entering.

I had only just managed to close the door when a booming voice of a woman stopped me in my tracks and sent shivers down my spine.

"Hey you! I know you, you're that man from Markarth!"

That is the end of chapter 1. I know this maybe a bit short but there will be more to come if anyone even shows the slightest interest in it. Thank you for taking the time to read it and I hoped you enjoyed it. If you think it's terrible, tell me. I don't mind. I know I need to get better. Thanks.:D

Brina

I think it's pretty good

Pretty good,I've made 2 novels already :p I made 1 chapter for each one

Brina

I made a fan fiction but nexus forums banned me for making another account because my original didn't work so I made a new one, and I am completely banned from the website now so I can't get unbanned.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts