• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
    The Akaviri Nightmare
    -----------------------------------------------------------------Backstory:

20 years ago, unbeknownst to the land of Tamriel, a new king of the Tsaesci was crowned in Akavir. This new King wished for a new world order brought about by the Tsaesci race. At around the same time, the Dragon King of the Ka Po'Tun had a vision. A vision of a world which was ruled by himself. He wanted more than anything to see the vision through. The Dragon King formed the Ka Po'Tun people into an army for the first time in their history.

15 years ago: In a shocking event that the civilized world would not see, the Tsaesci and the Ka Po'Tun agreed to work together to one day bring about the destruction of Tamriel. They begin studying the language used in the Imperial dossiers left behind during their failed invasion. The two races military stood united as they defeated the invading Kamal from Snow Hell. The two races united managed to severely hinder the enemy of all races of Akavir. Their alliance cemented, they looked at the Tang Mo monkey people. An ambitious Tang Mo clan took this opportunity and fear to vault themselves to power, uniting the Tang Mo in a way not seen before. All 3 of the feared races now united, they set out to learn the language of their enemies

10 years ago: The 3 races taught themselves the language of the Imperials. They were now united in every way, a unity unknown to anyone in Tamriel. The three races decided that they will need a large navy. They get to work on building Akaviri ships and new weapons for their army.

Present: The ambitions of the 3 races have come to fruition. Their navy is complete and for the first time ever contains a few warships. Their armies were a rather impressive size, brought about by the unusually long period of peace. They had found an age-old map of Tamriel. They knew they would be best to start their invasion in the land of Skyrim and they set sail for world domination. They gather now in a newly-built port in the western reaches of Tsaesci.

Tamriel is in much despair in recent years. The Argonians have been at war with the Aldmeri Dominion, neither side ever maintaining an advantage in the war. The Empire has sat on the sidelines unwilling to take a side of the two warring nations. Skyrim is ruled by Ulfric Stormcloak who has allied with Hammerfell to ensure that the two countries remain separate from the Empire. The political situation in Tamriel is the worst its been in many years.

(OOC: This RP is meant to be done as Akaviri races, not Tamrielic races. I believe this is the first RP to this point to actually be meant to be done as an Akaviri race. Your imagination is your limit)

Akaviri Races(available to be used) Descriptions:
    Tsaesci: Lizard from feet to mid-section, human from mid-section up with beady eyes and vampiric fangs. They are strong 1 vs. 1 fighters but not very fast despite their appearance of speed. Most calculating of all Akavir.

Ka Po'Tun: Tiger-like. Think of Khajiit but with sharper fangs and Tiger stripes down their backs. They are at most 6 foot and very slender and fast. They use their agility and skilled of claws and swords to their advantage in combat. They have a habit of turning fallen enemies into future meals.

Tang Mo: Monkey people. Think of monkeys but they can talk and handle weapons. They have many different varieties varying from short and extremely fast to tall, gorilla-like animals but a little bit insane for the most part.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------CAST:
    Skyrimosity​
    The_Madgod​
    Shew​
    Sun&Moon​
    Assassin99​
    Neverwin​
    Minstral​
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------RULES:
    1. No godding (outrageously over powered characters), no killing forum members characters (unless expressly agreed upon by all players involved), or saying so and so robs store of all goods, ruining the experience of other people. No being a Dragonborn either, in public neutral threads in the story of Skyrim they are very rare, thus it would be un-fair to have one person be a Dragonborn and be able to use Shouts so easily

2. No profanity.

3. All posts should be relevant to the RP, except for stuff in Out of Character comments <example> OOC: I need to go to sleep now, my character will just go along with whatever you guys decide.
    4. If somebody leaves due to circumstances similar to the example in rule#4 you cannot say that, the player who just left gives away all their gold. You can only make decisions like whether to go to the cave or the orc camp and stuff like that.

5.When playing you need someone to give out a quest or sell items or something like that you may make an "NPC" character, do not make a character card for an NPC. Just do something like this.

Example:

Shopkeeper: What can i do for you mighty adventurer?
    Player: I need some new armor.
    Shopkeeper: Why sure, our smith just forged some yesterday.

6. "Duels" or player battles, have to be agreed upon by all players involved.
    7. If not a member, your comments on story progression can be posted by replying to its OOC thread: The Akaviri Nightmare TAN

This creative and inspired idea for a unique roleplay can be credited to Skyrimosity. The extensive set-up, research, and actual text of the above is his, I formated and edited for new cast members
    (Sky the Grandmaster Twinkle Twinkle)

Skyrimosity

We've been out at sea for weeks now. This ship of ours is a day ahead of the main navy. To be honest, I'm not too sure how well this will all succeed. After all, an Akaviri hasn't seen Tamriel in many years. But, never before have we been so unified. Never before so well-organized. They say that Tamriel is near, and that Skyrim is a harsh land inhabited by a brutish Nordic people and even bands of giants. But they should not be a match for us.

M'Kassh Drilok of the Ka Po'Tun closed his journal, finishing his writing for the day. He had been on-board the ships for week, unaware of just how many they had been. Just yesterday a small ship even further ahead had reported seeing Tamriel.. This meant they had to be close to the mainland. M'Kassh pulled out his map, which gave instructions for the landing on Tamriel. It only had a circle between a city named "Solitude" and a city named "Dawnstar".

He walked out onto the deck of the ship and observed what he saw. He knew there were 100, more or less, soldiers on-board. He saw a Ka Po'Tun playing some card-game with a Tsaesci, and 2 Tang Mo working together to steal the rations of another Ka Po'Tun soldier. It was a beautiful sight to see all the races finally on the same boat, not trying to kill each other but united.

M'kassh walked up to the front of the ship and looked into the distance, wondering what wealth and glory awaited the Akaviri Army in the strange land of Tamriel.

(OOC: So right now, we Akaviri Races are on a boat.)

Assassin99

Tamriel, I know Elsweyr, but not the place which we go, Skyrim thought Tsel.

He stopped reading his book and went to the front of the ship, planning to see where Tamriel was in the distance, seeing a fellow Ka Po'Tun,
    "Greetings, what brings you on the ship, my reason is my hatred for the Imperial scum-bags." Said Tsel, addressing the other Ka Po'Tun, looking in the distance as he said It.

Skyrimosity

M'Kaash was approached by another Ka Po'tun. The man asked him about why he was on the ship. "Well, I seek honor and glory in a land unknown. I seek order, unity, accomplishment, and riches. I seek that... which can only be sought through war. So what better way than to join the army prior to this invasion? And as for those Imperials, I know little of them. I've only been outside Ka Po'Tun one time, and that has been only for this." M'Kaash thought he gave a thorough enough answer. "But, you do not look too old? How is it you've grown to have such a hatred of a strange foreign race?"

Assassin99

"When I was young an Imperial sailor rocked on our shores and when my parents offered him sanctuary, he proceeded to murder them, But remember this, looks can be deceiving, I am over one-thousand years old." said Tsel, anger evident in his voice.

Skyrimosity

M'Kassh was taken aback at both the man's anger and his age. "You are a thousand years old?! Tell me then, my fellow soldier, is this not beautiful? I know you have seen the struggle, the war, the many hardships of our people due to the bickering of the races of Akavir. Surely you have seen it! For I have only heard stories about what horrors befell upon the Ka Po'Tun. So, is it not beautiful to see all the us, the Tsaesci, and the Tang Mo united at last? You do not need to answer my friend, for I already know. It is beautiful what Akavir has created." At that moment, the bell rang signaling it time for dinner on the ship. M'Kassh walked hungrily to the mess hall, where the chefs were serving cooked fish, roasted bird meat, and milk. Talking began ringing throughout the room as the meal began.

(OOC: I am going offline for the night so I think it best now to wait for some of the other RP'ers who shall be on the ship to post, Assassin.)

Shew

Bruynzeel enjoying a brief time between Blade missions, chasing and tracking Thalmor movements. Is caught up in one of his favorite activities.

Cooking a full meal for his entire staff of servants and partners in the co-operative farm he had so nicely donated to them all. White Manner, one of many houses dotting the various provinces of Tamriel. The profits from which had more than paid back his "gifts" to them long ago.

Each member would give their life for him and they were all included in his true history. Each coming to him through the struggles of many bad stories. A group of societies orphans coming together in a family. The Fayda Qey a secret society of spies and saboteur. The money was always funded back into the "Shadows Step" as they liked to call themselves. It had paid for information, influence, and great caches of weapons and supplies throughout Tamriel. All in preparation of a most likely long forgotten invasion.

Even the renown Blades were a front, even thinly veiled as it was from its origins as the Dragon Guard. Talos himself was a ploy in the greater plan. An agreement between the emperors of Tamreil and the dragons. Only one of Dragon blood could rule Tamriel...

As Bruynzeel starts enjoying the smells of his labors. His Senechal Boris enters takes a comfortable stance and taste the various sauces and meats being prepared. "Bruynzeel, you run a good house. 'Litar is just about finished giving archery lessons for the day. Gro' Tarsh has finished another shipment of armaments." Bruynzeel holds a spoon up for Boris to taste "Good and letters for today?" Boris leans in and tastes, "Mmmm" licks his lips and continues "None yet but the courier has not been today." Bruynzeel raises a eyebrow. "Interesting.."

They move to the table and another cook finishes the cooking of the meal. Spreading a aged map
    ancient_map_of_tamriel_by_andrewscrolls-d3lad0h.png
    "Let's see honey shipped to Riften. Then the alchemy ingredients and arms to Morrowind, Cyrodil and Blackmarsh. Spices and sugars covering the shipments to Hammerfell, Valenwood and Elsweyr. If the invasion were to come today we would be in good shape." Boris looks over the map with Bruynzeel pointing out basic paths. "Indeed, my friend."

The house gathers for the meal chating and being lively. Bruynzeel enjoys spending time like this at meals. A hard labor enjoyed is a much more pleasurable thing than being alone. There is a knock at the main door. Boris gets up from the table and answers the door coming back holding a single letter sealed in a purple ribbon and wax. Bruynzeel takes the letter and excuses himself from the table. going to the terrace above his chambers. Taking in the smells of Skyrims evening. The sun just setting in the western mountain ranges. The clouds reddish and blue with the fading light. Bruynzeel lights a sconce and sits on the bench. Looking over the letter carefully before opening it. The seal of the Ka Po'tun Hemegony. In his colors. He turns and look at the banner waving from his own library tower.
    ie~bell.gif
    The letters seals look genuine, and this was the agreed upon signal. He breaks the seal pocketing the ribbon and wax. Opening the letter, he is surprised at how glad he is to look upon his native tongue. The letter states...

Bruynzeel, you are to travel to the dishonorable city of Solitude. Our scout force will need your skills in acquiring foothold. You will be met on the docks outside the East Empire Company secured warehouse.

Assassin99

When the other Ka Po'Tun left for the meal, Tsel stayed looking far into the sea.
    A while later, Tsel grabbed his staff and went to the dining hall to have a small snack and left with some bead, going to his quarters.

When he got to his quarters he took out his book and began reading.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Ty-ran had been seeking adventure and finally she found it! As soon as she had heard the news of the invasion of Tamriel she had straight away had plans with her neighbours to look after her brothers while she went off. It had all been so rushed and when they had set off she felt a pain in her heart feeling disappointed in herself for abandoning her brothers, but it was too late now and anyway when she returned she could share her stories and riches with her clan. If she got back that is.

It had been a few weeks her anger and disappointment lessening. She looked into the distance, pictures rushing around inside her head from what her parents had told her about Tamriel. When she thought of her parents she nearly fell to the floor weeping still remembering their death and the way she had promised to look after her brothers and keep herself alive, but now she was going far from home, a place she had never seen, a place where she could easily lose her life!

She then heard the sound of a bell signalling dinner. She couldn't help licking her lips and she began to run of to the dinner hall running past many others seeking adventure. She looked at the rows of tables, food lade out on all.; She sat down near a few Tang Mo's most older than her. She looked around seeing a few faces she recognised, most Tang Mo's, but there was a Ka Po'Tan who was called M'Kassh maybe, but her memory was poor. As soon as a few of her friends arrived she started to eat occasionally having a conversation with her fellow shipmates.

Assassin99

Tsel stopped reading and went out to explore the ship more, it now being dark there were only a few up,
    Tamriel, a strange place indeed, I wonder what will befall us there, in the strange land.
    He went to ponder at the front of the ship

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Scares-The-Stars was standing at the rear of the ship. Her face was bare without her heavy helm, and her scarlet hair waved past her face in the wind from the sea. It was salty and the water was growing darker by the minute as it was getting later into the evening. Her small blue eyes looked black in the lack of light, and her mouth was drawn in her characteristic scowl.

It had been weeks since she had boarded this ship for Tamriel, and it had been her honor to join in the war effort. Despite her steely outward appearance, and though she would never admit it if you asked, it was possible that she was standing at the rear of the ship because she hoped to catch a fleeting moment of home. Or, perhaps, she was standing there to say good-bye as it was very likely for every one of the members to lose their life once they started their invasion of the foreign land.

Regardless of what was the right answer as to why she was standing there, she turned and walked towards the front of the ship. The air was cooling as they grew closer to the mainland of Tamriel, or more specifically, Skyrim. She had heard the news earlier in the whispers of the other inhabitants of the ship and hearing it had made her grin ever so slightly.

As she reached the front of the ship she observed two Ka Po'Tun natives conversing. One, she believed, was named M'Kassh, and the other Ka Po'Tun's name she had either not bothered to remember or had just not heard it. The dinner bell rang and interrupted their conversation, however brief it might have been, and she watched as the two departed. She took their place at the head of the ship letting the cool salty air blast her face. The sound of the waves breaking against the ship were loud but soothing as she felt the gently rocking beneath her feet. Soon...she thought as she turned away from the sea and headed towards the dining room with the rest of the crew.

Shew

The next morning after receiving the letter he had waited more than a few lifetimes for. Bruynzeel having made preparations for messages to be sent to all the other safehouses and caches, readies himself now.

Donning his armor, insuring his gear was in fighting shape. He heads outside to finish loading his horse Chance. Boris walks over. "So its finally time, I had thought that my time would end as my fathers did long before the invasion happened." Bruynzeel turns and gently grabs Boris by the shoulders. "You and your father, your grandfather and his father have served me well. And the next master you see may not be me. So I wish to tell you. That you are appreciated." "Thank you Lord Bruynzeel, May the rule of the Akaviri last forever." Bruynzeel mounts Chance and as he rides off toward the road and to destiny he looks back on this life. And wonders if anything will look the same when and if he returns to it.

After less than a days ride he arrives at the Solitude stables. Boarding his horse for the night. He then walks the Docks looking over the security and guards for weaknesses. Appearing casual and unconcerned he eats some salmon jerky while watching their comings and goings.

Oversees a argonian trying to sneak around in the shadows and get weary of being found each time it heads for the main East Empire Company Dock. Bruynzeel chuckles to himself.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Ty-ran walked outside onto the deck after dinner. She had been one of the last to finish eating and when she got outside there was bearly anyone exept from a few. There was a Ka Po'Tun who was pondering near the front of the ship and she decided to give him some company not knowing if he wanted any, but she decided to anyway. Ty-ran followed the Ka Po'Tans gaze into the distance where Tamriel lay.

Ty-ran felt tired, but she knew she would only be up all night having nightmares that nearly sent her into deep shock like the one about her brothers burning to death in a fire while she was on the ship on a journey and the one where everyone on board the ship would get killed as soon as they boarded Tamriel by getting ambushed.

She looked at the rippling blue sea they were travelling on and there were little splashes of water and she saw fish, but they weren't normal, they had huge jaws and sharp long teeth that could bite through an arm as easily as a sword. She felt a lump in her throat, if this had worried her then what would she en-counter on land!

Assassin99

Tsel looked to where the Tang Mo stood,
    "Greetings young one, tell me why you decided to join here, at this war the possibility of surviving is slim for one your age as you with no combat experience?"

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    She looked at the Ka Po'Tan who had just asked her a question which she answered " I know i have no fighting experience, but im a fast learner and hopefully learn from those older then me and just a guess your a lot older than me. So with all these questions we haven't asked the basic, my name is Ty-ran-ya, Ty-ran for short, so how about yours?" She said this quite happily finally beginning to meet new people and get to know them as she needs people who could help her in battle, as the man said she had no fighting experience and could easily be killed!

Assassin99

"Your guess is correct, my name is Tsel, and I am 1623 years old."

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Ty-ran nearly fell off the front of the boat, 1623 years old! "So were you involved in the last invasion, and is 1623 years old, old in Ka Po'Tan years?"

Assassin99

"Unfortunately I was not, I was, lets say I was preoccupied, and I'm 1623 in the years of Tamriel, In my own peoples years I am 3290, and yes that is old."

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Ty-ran smiled at the Ka Po'Tan and yawned shortly after. "Well I better get off to bed for a night full of nightmares and bad dreams so I might as well get myself prepared for the night ahead and anyway if I don't get up quick enough all the food will be gone in the morning!" she said chuckling to herself she nodded to the Ka Po'Tan, finally thinking she had found a valuable friend who she wanted to learn more about and maybe learn some skills from him. "See you tomorrow have a good night's sleep, but still garanted it will be better than mine." and with that she went towards her room ready for a night of torture.

Shew

Bruynzeel gets lost in thought. The next place after Solitude should be Windhelm. Cut the heads off both houses. But they will look for that, too bad its the key to Riften be nice to turn off that crossing. But if we take Markarth. we stop Hammerfell and Highrock. "Cause Cyrodil won't let them just pass through a whole army." he whispers softly. Once we control all the passes well it won't be so bad but still a war on two fronts.

The ones they must defeat or ally with, The Khajiit and the Argonians. Well thats a different trick isn't it? He had the local caravans in his pocket its how he was moving the stuff for the caches. But the greater nations of them... Not likely to fall for his ruse when there are more Ka Po'Tun around to look at. And the Argonians have always had their own agenda even siding with the Thalmor.

Speaking of Argonians....
    The argonian tries again around 2a. And again at 4a right into the guard change. They all chase after him.
    Bruynzeel seizes the moment and goes and picks the lock. Then presses in some wax carefully making a key blank for later. Then returns to the end of the docks and awaits the ship. While the guard, unsuccessful, return to their posts the shift changed. "Still groggy from bed I bet and no run in them." he whispers to the sea.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts