Stuck as Werewolf/Skeever

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Crisi4444

Hey Guys ,

So I've just started Skyrim and I definitly think its one of the best Games out (PC) !!!!
But a Bug has led me into frustration ..... I finished the Golden Claw Quest (one of the first Quests i believe) fought against the boss Skeleton and left the cave. When i went outside i suddenly couldnt draw my weapons anymore when i clicked R . Then as I pressed TAB to get to my Inventory some Text showed up in the top Left Corner, reading : "Character Menu not available to Werewolf" ... I was all like WTF ?!?!?!? ... I changed to third person mode and couldnt zoom out .. My camera was stuck to the belly of this thing. So after a bit of messing about with the camera i saw that I had a tail and later on discovered I had turned into a SKEEVER !!?!? Man it was just getting worse and worse xD .. A friend then showed me a cheat ->> "player.setrace darkelf" ->> this succesfully turned me back but i still cant use any menus (apart from save, load bllablabla") and im stuck with the one weapon i had before i left the cave, and i CANT change it.

Is there anybody else whos had this problem ... i know it seems far fetched and a bit weird but its true xD

Is there maybe a different cheat that doesnt only change my appearance bus also cures the werewolf thingi ? As a werewolf/skeever i cant jump or attack either :S

Cheers
Cristopher

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
How long have you been stuck like that? I know in my game, I reverted after a short amount of time to my usual state (though I wasn't a skeever.... that's disturbing).

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Yikes, that's egregious. Let me do a little research and see if I can find anything for you.

Crisi4444

Thanks ;D much appreciated .... Its not the fact that i look like a skeever that annoys me ... but not being able to shout means i cant do the quest after killing my first dragon ^^ ! ... im not that far in so i can statrt again i guess... but id still like to know if there's a solution incase it happens again ;D
Thanks ^^

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Well, here's a permutation of that command I found. The syntax is a bit different so I wonder if it works differently:

setplayerrace <ID> Set player race.

Doing this will allow you to change your race without using showracemenu. If ID is not provided race menu will appear.

You can get most race codes with the help race 0 command. Use PageUp and PageDown to scroll to the races at the top of the list. Unlike most other commands, the race needs to be specified in plain text and not the race's BaseID. I.e. setplayerrace nordrace. Creatures are available as race as well, but most creatures will have a buggy camera position in thirdperson. SetRace racename can also be used.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Sorry for the scrappy paste. It's from a table on UESP and it vomited in the editor here. Pfft.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I was just thinking about this... Can you actually change into a werewolf using the beast form command? Make sure your player race is set to whatever you were when you started, then use beast form. I wonder if it will reset the timer and cause a natural revert call again.

Crisi4444

hmm... i havent tried the beast form command yet.... I have changed myself back to a darkelf ... so you mean i should try "player.setrace beast" ?

Ill try it and post my results

Crisi4444

Well i cant reach any menus , so i dont really know how i could use the beast form skill :S ?!

Man this is a frustrating thing xD ... ive tried changing my nam and race with "player.showracemenu" but that doesnt get rid of the beast form either :/

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
How far back are your saved games?

The race menu option was stated to be buggy. That's why I chose the other command for you to try. Let me bring up Skyrim on my other laptop and poke around a bit. I'm really looking for the trigger command for the beast form but I haven't been able to find it.

Crisi4444

Well my first auto save is when they ere gonna chop my head off and the second one was when i was leaving the cave and became a skeever *facepalm* ... i would have saved more often but i used the F5 Quicksave no knowing it was always being overwritten xD and the last F5 was also outside of the cave :p
I havent tried the Set Race you showed me earlier because i oversaw it ... ill give it a try now ;)

Crisi4444

YAY ^^ ... "setplayerrace 000CDD84" has actually made me a real werewolf ;) ... Now just gotta see if it brings me back to a real DarkElf without limitations ^^ !

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Ok, make a real save of your game. Are you reverting back to normal naturally after about 2 minutes?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I need to go get my kiddo from school here in a few minutes.

Now that you're a werewolf, try to let it wear off naturally. Use the 't' to wait an hour if you need to in order to confirm you've waited long enough.

If you're still stuck, try setplayerrace darkelfrace

That's the actual id for the dark elf, the one with the 00013742 identifier.

I'll check back in a few hours.

Crisi4444

Thanks for your help ;) ... Ill try the wait command and see what happens ^^ ... gotta go myself so ill check back in a few hours aswell ^^

Na I just tried it and even after waiting it just doesnt turn back ... i guess set race really sets the race untill you change it again xD OH well ^^

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Ok. Try the setplayerrace darkelfrace now.

I'm working off my phone now so my responses will be a bit sporadic.

kichigai_m

I'm sorry but turning into a skeever for breaking the game is probably the funniest thing I've read so far. Lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts