Stones of Barenziah Bug

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

cottog8444

While doing the quest "No Stone Unturned," I noticed that my quest log failed to count one of the unusual stones that I picked up. I have all 24 in my inventory now, but the quest log only counts me as having 23. I revisited every site I cleared up to the point at which I noticed the discrepancy, which was at about 17 stones. After checking every site multiple times, I decided to get the next 7 and see if the issue would clear up. Now I have all 24, which I have confirmed by counting and recounting my inventory.

I play on PC, and so I used the console to set myself on the next stage of the quest, which was to talk to Vex, but she didn't give me any new dialogue options.

I was wondering if anyone else has this issue, or if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix it.

googalizer

I haven't seen that one yet as I've only found like 7 of those stones....but there was a quest where I had to get bear skins etc and when I drop or sell one the quest counter changed in real time.... I know you can't drop or sell those stones but Maybe if you go to jail.....Everything in your inventory should go into some lock box and your quest should then show that you're at 0 stones currently. Then bust out of jail or wait and grab your goodies from the box and maybe then your inventory will count 24. No Idea if that'll work though.....

googalizer

Not sure if this will work but try going to jail so your inventory is taken and put into the lock box. It should then in real time show that currently you have 0/24. Then break out or wait and get your stuff and maybe your counter will count correctly.

googalizer

sorry two answers..... thought it didn't save my first response so retyped it, with a shorter answer cause I didn't want to type it all again.....but now that I typed what I did twice and explained why with this third response I've typed more than I wanted too.....

cottog8444

I'm sorry to report that it didn't work. Fortunately, it did stack all my messed up soul gems. I think the reason why going to jail didn't fix it is because the stones leave your inventory when you go to jail, but they don't go into the chest or anywhere else. So they just get hidden from view or something, they don't physically enter your bags again. I don't know what I'll do now, but thanks for the suggestion.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
does one of your stones say that its 2 i had that and figured out that it means I have two of the same stone not 2 stones

cottog8444

One of them actually says (3) next to it. But none of the stones are in their locations in the Overworld. I have picked up every individual stone, so I have no idea why only a few stacked. I guess I'm just gonna give up on this quest.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
pity cause the all wiegh a pound and you can't drop/store them either

Riplash

I'm sorry to report that it didn't work. Fortunately, it did stack all my messed up soul gems. I think the reason why going to jail didn't fix it is because the stones leave your inventory when you go to jail, but they don't go into the chest or anywhere else. So they just get hidden from view or something, they don't physically enter your bags again. I don't know what I'll do now, but thanks for the suggestion.

Maybe if you break out of the cell and access the chest containing all of your stuff? That should count as you picking the items up. The chest is labeled as "Prisoner Belongings Chest" or something like that. There should also be an "Evidence Chest" if you had any stolen goods on you, as well.

Try to get back your equipment from blades member chick @ 1st village you visit (rivenwood?). related mission is the one in thalmor embassy. I think you know what Im talking about. :-)
It was my panaceum. Had same issue as you.

Obscure.Ref.Girl

Carpe' Jugular
ok here the deal on the stone when they stack.... Only pick up one then go get it appraised by vex, if you pick up more than one they will stack, and not be counted right

Tactikul

Hardcore Button Masher
ok here the deal on the stone when they stack.... Only pick up one then go get it appraised by vex, if you pick up more than one they will stack, and not be counted right
When you find your first one (or more) They will be called "Unusual Gem" and these will stack. After being appraised they will become Stones of Barenziah and not stack, but any extra "Unusual Gems" you had will not count.

Kablewee

When you find your first one (or more) They will be called "Unusual Gem" and these will stack. After being appraised they will become Stones of Barenziah and not stack, but any extra "Unusual Gems" you had will not count.
ah son of a b, I have 4 stones that's stacked. This is stupid glitch. so are there more than 24 stones in skyrim or just exact 24? I hope it's not the latter and how would you fix it? I can't understand why you can't drop quest items.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
cottog8444 what console commands did you use to try and fix this? Using setstage first wont work. You have to use the following console commands in order:

set TGCrownGemsFound to 24
set TGCrownGemsTotal to 24
setstage TGCrown 30

PS to some of the other posters, stacking is irrelevant to stone count. The stones stack until Vex identifies them as Stones of Barenziah but they still each count in your Journal. After they are identified subsequent stones will not stack.

Do not collect all 24 stones before having Vex identify them. You wont be able to get the dialogue option with Vex to turn them in if you wait that long.

Tactikul

Hardcore Button Masher
ah son of a b, I have 4 stones that's stacked. This is stupid glitch. so are there more than 24 stones in skyrim or just exact 24? I hope it's not the latter and how would you fix it? I can't understand why you can't drop quest items.
Supposedly there is one that has a small chance to spawn multiple times in the Dawnstar Museum but I can't confirm that myself.

Sesamux

I am having a problem at the moment with these stones. The area in the cave where the Crown should be hasn't opened even though I have all the stones and have spoken to Vex.

A strange thing though is that the numbers in my quest log say (25/24).

I am not sure what is happening but I would be a whole lot lighter if it wasn't happening!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts