Stains Eternal - M'aditi the Oath-Breaker

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kaleia

This is to be my second emulation of BIGWooly's hardcore journaling cult. Unlike my previous thief/bardkiller, this character is destined for quite different pursuits.

After escaping the massacre that claimed his Family, a lone Khajiit seeks sanctuary in Skyrim.

Unlike my former attempt, this journal will be slightly less restricted, as in my old one, among other problems, I found myself focusing too much on keeping up with restrictions.

Khajiit Male

My restrictions are as follows:

- proceed through the game intro and then leave the cave with 60 gold (and retrieve monk robes from Talos Shrine)
- difficulty set to 'expert'
- HUD set to 0%
- brightness dropped down 2 notches
- only carry 30% of what game allows
- only carry 30 arrows max
- must not move around crouched for unreasonable amounts of time
- may not harvest unreasonable items (if a dead elk has a garnet don't take it)
- may not activate overpowered/unrealistic perks (like conditioning; heavy armor weighs nothing)
- must sleep for at least 8 hours every day (allowed to make rare exceptions)
- must eat 3 meals a day (allowed to make rare exceptions)
- may not use smithing(must find/purchase all gear)
- may not enter freezing water unless on a horse or with boat
- may not use in-game map unless at a known location
- may not fast travel (except by cart)
- may not use exploits
- may not cut wood for money
- if you set off a trap and it injures you then you are dead
- may only use manual saves after sleeping (resting)
- when character dies must load from the most recent save
- if character dies must return to an inn and wait (recover) for 7 days
- must spend 300 gold with the innkeep to cover room and board

- if there are no sentient characters of any kind present when character dies, dead is dead.

- a companion may carry 10% of your carry ability
- when a companion/mercenary dies they are dead, no save loading

- a horse may carry 10% of your own carry ability
- you may not access the 10% that your horse is carrying during combat
- if horse dies it is dead, no save loading

My character-specific restrictions:

- no murder, theft, pickpocketing, etc (lockpicking is okay with easy locks)
- no conjuration, destruction, alchemy, smithing, or two-handed
- no Thieves Guild, Companions, or Dark Brotherhood
- head must be concealed to enter cities
- no killing unless there is no other choice or the target is: beast, undead, DB
- companions may be used. this does not include mercenaries.

Kaleia

"You've misunderstood, master. The dark desire is ever strong in this one. And it would take me to keep me if it but knew how to reach me."

Thirty years long since passed, a kitten was born to Elseweyr, dark of fur and cruel of kin. He was called by the name of Sauda, for no title of experience had yet found him. Sauda's kittenhood was no happy one. His sire was dazed by skooma, and his mother remembered past as the present.

It came to pass that Sauda was given to a skooma dealer by his father's desperation, and the kitten was taught only trickery and deceit. But Sauda heard tell of a Father whose children were strong and beloved, and at the young age of 13 Sauda's claws found a younger kitten's throat.

Then she came, like a shadow in the night, challenging Sauda's resolve. Before dawn came, Sauda's sire lay cold in a ditch, and Sauda was welcomed by his new Family. He was given to the teachings of an elderly Shadowscale named Zaphiree, and under such tutelage Sauda grew quick of claw and thrilled to please.

Five years passed, and Sauda, now called Dar'sauda, was sent north to the Wayrest Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary. His Wayrest family quickly embraced him, and Dar'sauda continued to grow in their affection, proud and merciless.

Two years passed, and time carried Dar'sauda ever swiftly by the scruff. In a day of fire and ashes and bones and steel, Dar'sauda lay buried under fallen Brothers and Sisters, and soon knew that he alone had survived, and for that he was ashamed.

Dar'sauda managed to escape, and soon found himself wandering the coast, ashamed and afraid. His life's purpose had been to earn his family's affection, and in their dark hour he had forsaken them, and forsaken Sithis.

"This one never wished to kill, did it for family's love, but craved it more with each success. This one wants to be good, for Alkosh gives us such precious time. And Dar'sauda desires the blood ever more."

Weakened and weary, Dar'sauda stumbled upon a lone shack by the sea, and entered, ready to eliminate its inhabitants and take the shelter for himself. But a voice greeted him from the candlelit interior.

"My time has been well spent. But has yours, I wonder?"

And so it happened that Dar'sauda found himself being served food by a monk, a devout follower of the Nine, a nord hermit and veteran of the Great War. Through the long day, the monk patiently sat with Dar'sauda, unafraid as he gave silent company.

Hours passed, and deep in the night Dar'sauda began to share his story, and his feelings - he couldn't bring himself to return to the Brotherhood, despite all they had given him.

"Stay then, and I will teach you the ways of gentleness, appreciation, and courage."

Dar'sauda misunderstood. "Killing...this one has had enough of killing."

"Courage does not require killing. It can require the opposite, in fact. The stains of blood will never leave your spirit, but they can leave your paws."

So it came to pass that Dar'sauda laid down his armor and dagger, and began to learn from the monk, whom he came to know as Master Tyvern.

It was not meant to last.

One day, Dar'sauda returned to the shack to find Master Tyvern dead, hung from a rafter. On the table behind him lay a note, with three simple words scrawled on it:

Traitors always die.

Dar'sauda fled.​
For years, he lived in a self-proclaimed exile, forsaking even his name for fear of being found. He feared that he would be hunted until the day he died. Then one day, news reached his ears: the Dark Brotherhood leaders had been caught and slain in Bravil. Could it be true? Was it over?​
Ten years after leaving the Brotherhood, he boarded a ship bound for Dawnstar, in Skyrim. There, perhaps, he could finally seek peace. During the long passage, he chose for himself a new name, for he had long since started on the path of becoming a new creature.​
He called himself M'aditi. But Dar'sauda still remains in his soul, and he will never be free of that kitten who became a killer.​
"Even after ten years, the desire lingers, master, as an eternal stain on this one's heart. It pleads and it begs, to take just one life away. But M'aditi declines, and hisses replace the whines. And when the night comes, it brings dreams of the past, memories of murders, from the first to the last. The dreams are such sweet respite."
"M'aditi calls himself Oathbreaker. None else may call him that, as none else can know why."

Kaleia

"The desire to kill is ever present in this one. It lurks and lingers, and tightens my throat at its strongest. But this one wishes for strength to surpass that desire, and so far, that strength has held well. "

This journal was given to M'aditi by a fellow passenger upon the ship to Dawnstar. It seems that there are several pages torn out, but the book is otherwise whole, and this one gave his thanks to the giver. M'aditi has decided to write in it often, so as to remind himself of where he came from, as though he needs such reminding.

This one will begin with a short account of himself, to tie his spirit to the pages, in all its mottled nature.

M'aditi is a tall Khajiit, not quite young anymore, but not quite old either. A Brother once mentioned that this one had such keen, cruelly narrowed eyes full of fire, but M'aditi hopes this view was biased. M'aditi thinks his eyes are charming, and sweet, and wishes that others would see it so. M'aditi needs no one to tell him of his fur, dark gray and soft, like the reaches of his soul, nor his clean, long tail. No one needs tell this one anything but the best of his looks, for M'aditi is a Khajiit, and thus knows his looks are already the best.

M'aditi is not conceited. He has merely learned to recognize truth in his meditations. Khajiit are the handsomest of all races. Stinky Argonians mock Khajiiti for their fur, but it makes them all the more sleek and beautiful. M'aditi is not conceited. He is merely proud of being Khajiit.

Don't be mistaken. This one is learning to love all people, for loving them is the way to clean this one's spirit of the stains of his mistakes. But people are funny, and so M'aditi finds himself restraining his tongue more often than not. M'aditi prefers not to speak, if possible, for not many like to listen to a Khajiit who calls himself a monk.

The sea water makes M'aditi ill. This one has never liked water, and the sway of the boat has made M'aditi hack many a time over the side of the ship, earning the scorn of the crew who think he is coughing up hairballs.

This one is unsure what to write in here. This one does not care for boasting...

M'aditi's throat aches. Need to go rest, and call upon Mara, upon Alkosh, to cleanse this mind of the dark thoughts that are surfacing.

Kaleia

18th of Last Seed

Curses, curses, and curses again! Are these Nords born of ice to withstand such cold? M'aditi's whiskers are quivering, even in the somewhat warm confines of the inn of Dawnstar. How does a Nord relieve himself in such conditions, this one wonders too? They keep no buckets inside, at least not in private places. And outside...this one shudders to think of baring any part of himself to the cold. A thousand curses on the snow!

M'aditi digresses, though. This one is glad of the warm inn, and the good food, though this one wishes for drink other than ale and wine and nasty Nord mead.

This morning, M'aditi's ship arrived in Dawnstar, and this one was glad to stand again on firm ground. After a hasty breakfast, M'aditi spent most of the morning and afternoon in a local quicksilver mine, for gold is necessary for food and shelter. Much talk of nightmares abounds, and this one worries that the nightmares will afflict him as well. A priest of Mara at the inn said he knows how to stop the nightmares, but M'aditi is not ready for troublesome things, and the priest's secretive nature bothered this one. Perhaps at a later time, this one will assist him, as he seems worried of asking the local Nords.

The owner of the quicksilver mine paid this one well for his time, and allowed M'aditito keep jewels he found whilst at the task. A caravan of fellow Khajiit gladly bought them fairly from this one, and this one was glad to speak to furry brethren.

So as to not be accused of choosing favorites, this one will work in the local iron mine tomorrow. Once that is done, M'aditi is certain the Dawnstar alchemist will appreciate assistance gathering ingredients, and so M'aditi shall do that in the days to come.

A calm life is good, for now, for M'aditi must recuperate from the long journey at sea.

M'aditi is done writing now. It is time to go ask the innkeeper where M'aditi may relieve himself without earning frostbite in undesirable places.

Kaleia

19th of Last Seed

Mine is dark, mine is cold, mine is filthy, dirty, maddening with the sound of pickaxes ticking against stone. M'aditi worked in the Dawnstar iron mine today, and no more will this one pry stone from stone. This one needs greater pursuits, less dumbing ones, less addling ones.

So, today, this one went to the Jarl's mage, and purchased a spell to calm others. It is a good start, for if M'aditi can calm the angry, it is less likely that fighting will be needed. This one has stayed up into the dark hours of the night studying the text, and tomorrow perhaps, this one may get a chance to practice it.

M'aditi has his mind made up. The Nords are whining of nightmares, and if the priest of Mara knows how to stop it, M'aditi should at least keep him company in the effort. Tomorrow, this one will inform the priest of this decision. The wear of the ship has left M'aditi's bones, and two days of mining have left M'aditi secure for a while in terms of coin. Thus, this one can afford a break to venture wherever the priest needs to go. Tomorrow, this one will tell him.

Speaking of dreams, no dreams touched M'aditi in his sleep, troubling or otherwise. M'aditi sometimes wishes for dreams of the days when his desire for bloodletting was sated, but this one knows such would not be good for his mind. M'aditi must meditate on this to find a more suitable view on the matter.

M'aditi is tired now, and wishes for dreamless sleep. The caravan of his kin will soon depart, which is saddening, but they will return in time. Sleep calls, and may it be dreamless forever.

Kaleia

26th of Last Seed

Turns out M'aditi was right, the priest was a liar, he knew more than he said. But M'aditi still wishes to help him, for M'aditi understands. This one also ran away when friends fell, and so this one will not forsake another seeking his redemption. Unfortunately, the place the nightmares originate from is more treacherous than this one ever imagined. Maddened orcs and mages await us there, and M'aditi is not ready to fight. Not yet. M'aditi needs another spell, needs practice, needs improvement. And improvement is what M'aditi will seek until he is ready.

M'aditi fell to a mage's lightning attack in the tower where the dreams come from. The priest managed to save M'aditi from death, but M'aditi has spent many long nights in recovery from his wounds. Now, M'aditi again walks Dawnstar, seeking ways to make money to buy the spell he needs.

This one found a tent erected just north of Dawnstar, perhaps a free place to stay, and the townsfolk confirmed its avaliability. So M'aditi will call this his tent until another time.

But more troubling, M'aditi discovered a Black Door on his way back to Dawnstar. M'aditi has watched it for a time, but nothing has emerged. He had not heard of a sanctuary here. Perhaps it is abandoned? Still, this one worries, and will watch it carefully for a few days.

The Pale hold is dangerous to gentle M'aditi, and the cold is ruffling this one's good looks. But M'aditi made a promise, and will not leave until the nightmares are stopped. Because M'aditi is a good monk, a good Khajiit, and loyal to his word.

M'aditi will write again after he has returned to the tower to once again try to stop the nightmares. M'aditi has important things to do besides writing silly things.

Kaleia

Shocked no one has posted on this. I absolutely love the backstory to M'aditi. Dark, dark beginnings...

Please continue? :3

Thank you. ^^ I'll definitely continue. I love M'aditi.

But geez, the Waking Nightmare quest is tough on a level one pacifist. o_O And at this point in the character's development, he dares not even kill animals for fear of awakening his bloodlust, which severely cuts monetary resources.

Kaleia

27th of Last Seed

M'aditi is feeling better after a long day spent with his fellow Khajiit. It is good to be around such handsome faces as those of my fellows.

maditi021-1.jpg

One of the caravan drew this for M'aditi, as thanks for the business this one has been bringing them when they come through Dawnstar. This one is glad that he made them so happy, and is also pleased to see how he looks through another's eyes, though the drawing is probably skewed - there's no way M'aditi has such a scrawny muzzle!

In any case, M'aditi will treasure this picture always.

M'aditi spent most of today selling everything he could find to his fellow Khajiit, and perhaps now this one can purchase a spell that he can practice to become proficient enough in magic to fulfill his promise. This, M'aditi truly hopes.

Enough of this. M'aditi wants to watch the sun set over the hills, and lay back to see the stars. Time to put out the fire anyway.

So glad I could influence this as I had. So cool. I'll just read this til Wooly's starts making sense. It seems like there are two characters, but I have no idea.

Kaleia

So glad I could influence this as I had. So cool. I'll just read this til Wooly's starts making sense. It seems like there are two characters, but I have no idea.
I'm starting to understand it by rereading. And it is much deeper than it seems - that much I realize.

Kaleia

28th of Last Seed

M'aditi doesn't know why he keeps writing in this. But the evenings are long and cold and this one's fires are weak, so this one must sit in a tent huddled with blanket and torch. This one was very scared today.

This morning, M'aditi bought the simpler spell he needed, one that coaxes others to target another. He spent the whole morning learning the spell, and the whole afternoon practicing it on horkers outside his tent. This one thinks the horkers didn't like it well, and M'aditi spent the whole afternoon running back and forth until the simple beasts forgot this one's transgressions and M'aditi could take tusks and meat from the fallen.

On the far shore, M'aditi did much the same with another family of horkers, and when M'aditi hid behind a hill, he was surprised to emerge to not at all see the remaining horker. This worried M'aditi, who then heard a roar and saw a troll. Oh, no! This one was so scared. His first desire was to flee, to the town, but no, the troll would hurt people, and M'aditi is a good Khajiit monk who cannot let that happen.

So M'aditi fled up the hill. At first he thought the stupid troll had lost him, and he noticed another Khajiit close by, a lovely and witty fellow called M'aiq. M'aditi and M'aiq then saw the troll, and both ran around, very scared, until the troll lost interest and took off after a deer. M'aditi lost M'aiq in the confusion, but he hopes the other survived.

M'aditi hurried back to the troll's lair, where he found treasure, perhaps the remains of the troll's past kills, and this one was thrilled with the find. After harvesting the meat and tusks from the afternoon's horkers, M'aditi carried his finds to the blacksmith and alchemist. There was also some things those would not buy, so M'aditi must patiently await the return of the caravan.

Now that M'aditi is getting better with his spells, this one will try to help the priest stop the nightmares again. This one will pray to Mara and Alkosh all night to guard good M'aditi against the maddened mages and orcs, and for whatever gods they love to take their spirits anyway.

M'aditi's paws are cold, so M'aditi is done writing now, and wishes to be warm under the blankets. Storm coming, and long day tomorrow.

Kaleia

31st of Last Seed
M’aditi is a hero in Dawnstar now, though M’aditi doesn’t really understand why. All this one did is help the priest Erandur find his redemption. Erandur was the hero, not this one. But M’aditi also appreciates the gratitude of the people of Dawnstar, and hopes this means that the guards will stop telling him to stay out of trouble and keep his paws to himself. M’aditi always keeps his paws to himself, and tries to stay out of trouble. Trouble just doesn’t stay out of M’aditi.

This morning is the first clear day in almost a week, and so M’aditi is sitting outside the blacksmith’s, watching the sky. M’aditi loves the sky. This one would fly away if such a spell allowed it. Perhaps this one has better things to write in here today, better things, yes.

Two mornings ago, M’aditi and the priest of Mara – Erandur – returned to the tower to try again to stop the nightmares of Dawnstar. The way was treacherous, but M’aditi managed to use his new spell to lessen the enemies Erandur had to fight. This one feels cowardly for not helping directly, but fears raising his claws. The blood has so long been washed from them.

Erandur and M’aditi found an old book that described a potion that could send one into the past. M’aditi had to be the one to drink it, and so M’aditi suggested waiting until the next day, as it was late. So, M’aditi gathered a bucket of alchemy ingredients to take back to Dawnstar, and hiked down the mountainside. Erandur wanted to wait in the tower, at his erected Mara shrine. M’aditi didn’t mind.

M’aditi sold the ingredients to the alchemist in Dawnstar, and bought another spellbook from the court mage, one that he stayed up into the night studying at length, or this spell would allow M’aditi to give strength and courage to his friends, and make this one feel better about supporting rather than fighting.

Yesterday morning, this one again climbed to the tower to meet Erandur, and M’aditi drank the special potion. It was very confusing and bright and blurry, and it was as though M’aditi were another creature. But in the end, the potion served its purpose, and in sending M’aditi to the past also sent M’aditi of the present to the part of the tower he needed to be in.

M’aditi and Erandur continued on, and spent much of the day wrestling with confused orcs, until finally this one accompanied Erandur to the ‘inner sanctum’, where a daedric staff awaited, apparently the cause of the nightmares. Two more mages appeared, not as mad as the others, but angry, and they recognized Erandur. In the end, Erandur was forced to kill them, whilst M’aditi cowered in the next room, for he has come to realize how deadly their spells can be. M’aditi is sorry, Erandur.

Once the angry mages were dead, Erandur went up the steps to the staff, announcing he was going to destroy it. M’aditi thought this was a very good idea.

Then, a voice whispered in this one’s ear, and M’aditi shivered as he looked up at Erandur. This one visualized climbing those steps, ever quiet, and rising behind the priest to break his neck. This one’s mouth watered and claws clenched at the thought, but then the voice whispered its name, Vaermina, and this one realized the trick, the false. Vaermina tried to tell this one Erandur would kill M’aditi, but this one knew he wouldn’t, and knew the daedra just wanted the one who betrayed her dead. M’aditi retreated a ways to think, while Erandur finished destroying the staff.

When the deed was done, the priest told M’aditi that he would gladly travel with M’aditi as thanks for helping him succeed in his task, and this one politely thanked him for it. Erandur also mentioned he would stay in the tower. M’aditi didn’t say it, but Erandur is welcome to stay wherever he likes. No one could pay M’aditi to stay in a tower full of dead daedra worshippers and possibly daedra presence. So, this one told the priest good day, gathered another bucket of ingredients and an armful of books, and hiked once more down to Dawnstar.

Certainly, this one will visit his friend of similar woes again sometime, and maybe even ask his company on the road out of Dawnstar. But M’aditi needs some days to recuperate and decide where he will go next.

M’aditi is going for a walk to check on the Black Door again, and then see if the caravan is back yet. M’aditi still has some ingredients in his bucket that the alchemist couldn’t afford.

Kaleia

2nd of Heartfire

This one feels good with ale and rabbit meat in his belly. The ale is nasty, but the rabbit cleans the taste away. It has been a few days since M'aditi last wrote. This is because M'aditi forgot that he put his journal under the blankets in his tent. Silly M'aditi.

M'aditi has been very busy the past couple days, too, studying lots of new healing and illusion spells for many hours of the day. This one is now confident in the basics of these magics, which is good for challenges that may lie ahead. Definitely lie ahead, for M'aditi will not stay in Dawnstar forever. Too cold, too somber, too cloudly, too stormy. But nice people, except for the guards that continue to snap at nice, innocent M'aditi.

M'aditi has bought his own pickaxe. Not because this one likes the digging, but because the stones sell good, and will feed this one after long days on the road. Days soon to come. This one has told Erandur of his plans to travel, and Erandur has said he is more than happy to go. So, this one will buy all the food needed tomorrow, then head south.

Why south? Not for warmth yet, sadly. When selling ingredients to the local alchemist, she told this one of a ring her husband once wanted to find, one she had located after his death but was now too old to travel to get. She has promised to teach M'aditi things about alchemy if he returns with it. When. When he returns with it. This one does not care for eating things that do not look like food, but it might be nice to learn how to mix potions. So, M'aditi will go find the ring for the elderly alchemist, because M'aditi is a good, sweet Khajiit.

Tomorrow, with Erandur, this one sets out to find a place called Forsaken Cave. M'aditi does not like that name at all, but this one did not mention that to the old woman. Best to keep nervousness to oneself. Done writing. Must go pray for guidance, and meditate on the spells this one may soon need to use.

Kaleia

3rd of Heartfire

Good progress was made today, though the silly Dawnstar innkeeper sold M'aditi expensive mead that took up a lot of this one's remaining coins. But there were vegetables and wine in Erandur's tower, so more food could be taken with us.

The road was long and quiet much of the way. Two wolf packs and four spiders we passed, and all fell to Erandur's mace as M'aditi cast spells to strengthen his friend. Again this one met the Khajiit M'aiq, who seemed to agree with M'aditi that the Khajiit were the most gloriously beautiful race, and gave M'aditi some interesting things on which to meditate. M'aditi is glad M'aiq is still alive after the troll that interrupted their first meeting.

A fort rose on the road ahead in the late morning, and M'aditi and Erandur were as shadows going around it, for fierce armored folk watched from its towers. M'aditi does not want arrows in his pelt. Worse than fleas. M'aditi needs to bathe, but where is there shallow and warm water in this frigid land? This one will worry of that later. Cold robs the nose anyway, if Nords can smell anything. M'aditi has always wondered that. Why do men have such big, ugly noses if they cannot smell well? It puzzles this one.

M'aditi and his friend passed an inn, the Nightgate inn, right before their lunch, but they went on, because the alchemist lady had pointed out the cave as being near the inn.

The cave appeared right over the hill from the inn, and M'aditi was pleased to find it so easily. But M'aditi is wary. This one asked Erandur to wait outside whilst this one delved inside to scout.

M'aditi heard wolves in the cave. Could be worse. Bandits. Spiders. Trolls. M'aditi heard wolves. But M'aditi is bothered. In the cave entrance lay a cart and skeleton. The chest in the cart was untouched, but wolves do not drag carts into their dens. They have no use for gold or potions. So M'aditi worries.

M'aditi and Erandur returned to the Nightgate Inn, and will stay the night there, so that there is time tomorrow to go slowly in investigating the cave. M'aditi worries. He does not want to lose his friend. But he heard only wolves, and so M'aditi will lead a cautious path in the cave. If more dangerous things appear, M'aditi will call for retreat, and send Erandur home with supplies. M'aditi made the promise, and it is not Erandur's to uphold if it becomes dangerous.

The night is falling, and dinner has been eaten. There is only one small bed, so M'aditi will sleep on the floor.

M'aditi is done writing now.

Kaleia

4th of Heartfire

M'aditi's whiskers quiver as he merely remembers this day. His dreams will be haunted for certain.

This morning, two set out to Forsaken cave, M'aditi and his friend. There were wolves as this one suspected, and they fell rather easily. But an iron door stood in this one's path, and this one felt a chill merely looking at it. This one was glad a friend was with him, or this one may have fled. But this one also made a promise, and this one is a good Khajiit who keeps his word.

M'aditi's instinct proved horribly right. Down, down, down lots of stairs. And then...then...a horrible beast. This one had heard say of draugr, the beings haunting Nord crypts, beings even death cannot stay. This one found himself regretting his promise, but Erandur felled the creature, and whispered a word of pity for the draugr.

A good monk, a good Khajiit, would make sure the undeath was driven from them. M'aditi resolved to go on.
Hours upon hours, this one and his friend slunk through the crypt like rats, hiding as often as fighting. Always M'aditi was close at hand, keeping his friend strong and cured.

After eating in a treacherously dark corner, M'aditi and Erandur delved deeper into the crypt. M'aditi couldn't help but notice how shiny gold pieces and rings kept slipping into his pockets from the jars lining the walls. This one thinks it's okay, because no one would buy anything from a draugr anyway.

Deeper, deeper, deeper still. Then, a great room opened up, and three draugr crawled from their resting places, one with a terribly powerful voice that makes M'aditi shudder even now. But M'aditi saw the chest, up on a balcony before a wall scrawled with odd runes, and M'aditi pointed it out to Erandur.

After a few minutes of scrambling back and forth, Erandur trapped the draugr in a tiny room, and M'aditi went to retrieve the ring that surely was inside the waiting chest. This one ascended the stairs like a shadow, ever wary that more draugr might awaken from hidden places, and the chest opened with a soft click that made this one flinch. The ring was there...and gold, and a soul gem, and jewels, and a fine orcish bow. This one is excited to split treasures from this adventure with Erandur.

This one closed the lid of the chest, and slightly assured that no draugr were coming for him, this one rose from his stealthy crouch.

Then, it caught this one's eye.

On the wall of runes.

Like blue fire.

Meaningless voices hushed in this one's ears.

And three runes, like clawmarks, glowing as though they had their own spirit.

Krii.

Kill.

Krii, whispered the wall. This one's heart raced, terror filling him.

Kill.

Krii.

What madness is this? Has this one gone daft with the dark, secret desire? But the wall continued to sing, to whisper, to touch this one's heart.

And M'aditi realized that the wall was no commanding this one to kill. The glow, the song, the rush, all were an extension of this one's own soul. This one is not sure how he realized that. Something special has happened, something magnificent and terrifying.

The word is not a command to kill.

It is a command to be given, a command to die. This much touches this one's heart.

Krii.

This one feels that some secret part of him, more secret than the desire, has found a path to be born upon. This one does not know why he understood the runes. But this one's heart never lies.

Only this one's mind.

This one is done writing. Sleep is needed, and this one prays to be spared dreams of today's dark ordeal.

This one can't breath. Heavy heart, trembling. Dark dream, not of draugr, found this one in the night. Shadows, shadows all around, drowning this one in void. Deep voice, rumbling voice, spoke in the darkness, speaking thousands of words this one couldn't hear, let alone understand. Too loud, so loud. Then, eyes like twin fires in the dark, watching this one. Long teeth gleam, and this one just about faints of fear in the dream.

Krii.

Krii.

Krii.

So says the rumbling beast, in a beckoning manner, as though the other wants something of M'aditi.

So, trembling, M'aditi whispers the word. Krii.

Perhaps the hidden beast approves. Perhaps not. Fire all around this one, but this one is not singed.

Then, the beast retreats, and this one drifts towards consciousness, but hears the beast utter one last thing.

Kriiddremyah drey alok. Folaas fundein. Krosis. Miraad dez motmahus. Werid, zin gein prodah, drem yol lok.

Kriiddremyah.

This one feels as though it was more than a dream. This one does not know for sure.

Kaleia

5th of Heartfire

Kriidremyah.

Though M'aditi has forgotten much of what the dream beast said, that word rang in his ears all the way home to Dawnstar.

Home..? Is Dawnstar home? This one is not sure. M'aditi has friends here - in fact, one gave this one a book as this one was on his way to give the ring to the alchemist. This one indeed has friends. But do friends make it home? M'aditi was definitely glad to see his tent again, and none seem to have come here in his absence. Perhaps the nords think this is M'aditi's home as well.

Dawnstar came into view at the height of the afternoon today. M'aditi and Erandur encountered nothing at all on the road home, and enjoyed a nice breakfast of pie and sweet rolls before they left the Inn this morning. This one liked that Inn, and will stop there again sometime.

One the way home, Erandur asked this one why this one refuses to fight. This one doesn't tell just anyone, but since M'aditi knows of Erandur's dark past, it was fair. M'aditi told the truth to his friend, told that he had once been a killer. Erandur pointed out that helping kill is similar to killing. But he doesn't understand. This one cannot tell him why this is not so, for this one does not wish to lose his friend. So this one merely said that dealing the blows brought too many painful memories to the surface.

The travel was quiet after that. Very quiet. M'aditi meditated during the trek, thinking on the dream of the last night. Kriiddremyah. It sounded almost like a name. Of something...or someone. This one does not know.

Last night, this one thought it was a nightmare. Now this one is not so certain. In a couple days, this on will travel alone for a short time, for there were paths off the main one this one took with Erandur, and this one wishes to use those as destinations whilst he ponders in private.

This one is very done writing, for now. Writing helps M'aditi remember, but M'aditi needs to eat and meditate now.

Drewski

Relaxing on Revis Island, with Revis and Holmes :(
3rd of Heartfire

A fort rose on the road ahead in the late morning, and M'aditi and Erandur were as shadows going around it, for fierce armored folk watched from its towers. M'aditi does not want arrows in his pelt. Worse than fleas. M'aditi needs to bathe, but where is there shallow and warm water in this frigid land? This one will worry of that later. Cold robs the nose anyway, if Nords can smell anything. M'aditi has always wondered that. Why do men have such big, ugly noses if they cannot smell well? It puzzles this one.

Love this paragraph in particular, and it's creative thought. I wondered if writing in the Jeet `3rd person` way would become annoying to read after a while, but no, it seems quite natural to read already. And wow, you can write these quickly, to a high standard...

Hope the way of the pacifist doesn't get boring to you as a player any time soon, and look forward to the next chapters...Good Job!

Kaleia

Love this paragraph in particular, and it's creative thought. I wondered if writing in the Jeet `3rd person` way would become annoying to read after a while, but no, it seems quite natural to read already. And wow, you can write these quickly, to a high standard...

Hope the way of the pacifist doesn't get boring to you as a player any time soon, and look forward to the next chapters...Good Job!

Heck no. It's fun to resist the temptation to murder everything in sight. ;)

Kaleia

7th of Heartfire

This one has had quite enough wandering in the mountains for a few days. What should have been a time for meditation turned into an adventure, more or less. On the plus side, M'aditi has many pretty coins and jewels. On the minus side, M'aditi nearly became a blood sacrifice. It balances out.

Two days of wandering the mountains south of Dawnstar brought this one up two treasure hunters outside a cave. This one spoke to them, a woman and an Argonian, and asked to go with them inside, because M'aditi likes pretty things and hoped they'd share. The two proved excellent protection for this one, and to earn his portion this one healed and strengthened them as often as he could. Though, this one also spent a lot of time running, running away from draugr and skeevers and skeletons. This one wants a spell to make him invisible when he is strong enough to cast it. Then he can go everywhere unseen - which is good.

Deep in the cavern, which obviously turned out to be a crypt, this one and the others opened a giant door to an enormous room - perhaps where the treasure was? Then M'aditi heard a roar, a roar like that of the draugr in Forsaken Cave, a roar that sent this one's whiskers quivering. And then this one saw it, a wall, like the first one, on the far side of the room. But the draugr were coming, and so this one ran to hide while the others fought.

It came to happen that this one was helping the Argonian fight the roaring draugr, and that draugr was felled, making this one very relieved. Then the Argonian turned around and thanked M'aditi before announcing he needed this one for a sacrifice.

This one was very scared and ran away, back toward the big room, where the lizard soon fell to the skeletons without this one's help. The other treasure hunter, who this one kept his distance from, soon eliminated those as well.

Wary of any more enemies emerging, this one dashed to the wall with a mix of excitement and apprehension. Would it happen again? M'aditi isn't sure when he became excited. It is something new, something strange, something frightening...and perhaps something grand. M'aditi feels enlightened by the words he has heard, feels completed by them. Even when he is frightened.

Song hushed in this one's ears, glow dimmed this one's eyesight, and power trembled this one's blood.

Feim.

And so this one whispered, feim.

Fade.

Interesting - so different a word, so different a command. This one traced his claw along the runes, whispering the word. Meaning. Understanding. Fade. Feim. This one doesn't understand it yet. But he will.

This one dreamed again of the great beast, the night before finding the wall of feim. Perhaps that is why this one is more driven to curiosity of the words.

Last night, the beast spoke to me again.

Gein mu kos. Feim mu wah aav, Kriiddremyah. Dii sil, hin sil, krent sil. Kaazkiin, listen to my words. Heed my words, Kriiddremyah. For my words are to be your words. Do not fear me, sizaan joor. Learn to speak my words, and you will learn the strength not taught by your old master, wuth onikaan. You have feared your heart, mal dovah, but I am here for you, mulaag. Do not be mistaken in calling this meeting false, hahnu. Look in your heart to know it true, golt dovah.

It was the first time he spoke words M'aditi understood. And so this one asked him: Who...or what...is this one before me?

Zeymah sil. Zul do vahrukt kruziik, horvutah vokun naal maar do geinmaar. I am here to guide you to hear the words and the soul of the words, to guide you to where you are meant to be, stin smoliin do hin sossuleyk. Yah, seek yourself and you will find me. But for now, you may call me Hahnuun. Het fah mal dovah us krent meyz kotin gein morah. Learn of me through the words, mal dovah. For when you learn of me, you will be enlightened, hin sil soskiin fin dovah zol mul. Krilot. Krin. Kroniid. Zofaas zoorkiin...krent dovahkiin. Krosis do joorre. Do not doubt, brother. The peace is in you, but not the strength. Kah.

This one does not know why Hahnuun uses so many words unfamiliar to M'aditi. But this one's intrigue is strong, and so this one will travel south, to warmer lands, so that this one may meditate more strongly on this matter.

Or is this one simply going mad?

The dark desire has fell silent since these dreams came. This one worries that M'aditi is indeed going mad, and the desire is rising by other means.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts