• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

ultimatedovahkiin

Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.
Background:Thousands of years ago, a great prophecy was foretold. The prophecy stated that the death of a great hero would bring about a war between the divines and the daedra. Powerful enough to destroy everything in its path. The war would mark the end of Tamriel and of all men. The year is 4E 305 and through his actions the dragonborn has brought peace to not only Skyrim but all of Tamriel. The daedra are no longer messing with the lives of mortals and the dragons and vampires have been forced into hiding. Miraak is dead and the dragonborn is the greatest hero to ever live. But now it is time for him to pass on from this world. But with his death brings about the beginning of the Great Prophecy. The gods and the daedra are at a never-ending war over the soul of the dragonborn, and Tamriel is caught in the middle. Now, as a soul, the dragonborn along with some familiar faces must find a way to end the war and save Tamriel before the gods and daedra destroy everything. (To make the story even better all of the heroes fighting alongside the dragonborn must be Nords and the dragonborn and Sheogorath Bretons.) Note: The first two chapters and possibly the third should be out sometime late tomorrow, they would be out tonight but I am busy so I just wanted to do this little part to get you guys ready for it. I hope you enjoy! This is not a continue-on of my other fan-fic Battle of Lakeview Manor.

Last edited:

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 1: The Prophecy
The High Chancellor of the Elder Council was walking around the market district of the Imperial City in Cyrodiil one fine day. The sky was a nice shade of light blue and the white clouds looked like giant cotton balls in the sky. The Chancellor was about to walk into a shop selling staffs but before he could enter he heard a call.
"High Chancellor! Your attention is needed right away at the Library of Scrolls!" called one of the other members of the council
"Calm down, tell me what is happening." said the Chancellor soothingly
"One of the scrolls, it's radiating a bright light and making noise we fear, something is wrong." explained the council member
"Then let us ride there right away." commanded the High Chancellor
"Yes sir." answered the council member and he led the Chancellor to some horses outside at the stables
They had to take horses because the Scrolls had to be kept in a secret location because of all of the knowledge that was stored in the scrolls. The scrolls all told the history of Tamriel from the beginning, to the plans of Jaggar Tharn, and the events of the Numidium in the province of High Rock, then the events of the Nerevaine Prophecy, also there was the Oblivion Crisis, and finally the most recent of these big event was the Dragon Crisis. If this knowledge were to fall into the wrong hands surely all would perish. But it wasn't only because of the knowledge that this place had to be so well hidden, it was mainly because of its secret area hidden behind one of the shelves holding some scrolls. The Hall of Prophecies to be exact, it held all of the prophecies ever foretold including The Great Prophecy, which foretold a war that would bring about the end of Tamriel.
The Chancellor rode along side the other member of the council. A breeze blew through bringing some of the summer warmth along with it.
"They could use this weather up in Bruma." thought the Chancellor
It was great to be Chancellor of the Elder Council, you got to travel around and get rooms at inns and ale for free. You got discounts on everything and all the shops. And all you had to do was show up to some meetings direct some things and help out the Emperor. To the High Chancellor this seemed like the best job in the world. Now, I know you are probably thinking wait- the Thalmor got rid of the Elder Council, you are not wrong. But a few decades after the Dragon Crisis, a new Great War happened against the Aldemri Dominion. With the help of the Dragonborn, the greatest hero in all of Tamriel, they crushed the Aldemri Dominion, brought back the worship of Talos, and revived the Elder Council.
The Chancellor was so deep in thought he didn't really realize much of what was going on. He didn't need to anyway, he had been to the Library of Scrolls and back many times, so he had the way there memorized. It was like he had put his body on auto-pilot and he had receded into a little room in his mind. Finally, they stopped.
"Sir, we are here." said the council member as he dismounted his horse
"Ah, yes, thank you." said the Chancellor who was now dismounting his own horse
The Chancellor and the Council member found the entrance hidden in the side of a cliff, and they walked inside. Inside was a big stone room with scrolls everywhere on bookshelves. For every big event there was a scroll to remember it, after each big event a new scroll was added. It had been by the previous Emperor's decree that the Library of Scrolls be moved to a secret location. Also, inside there were a few more council members and some guards in cases something bad were to happen.
"So, where is this scroll, hmm?" asked the Chancellor as he paced around the room looking for it
"Ah, Chancellor, you have arrived, thank you for coming." said one of the council members
"You're welcome, now where is it? I don't see any malfunctioning scrolls around here."
"That's because it is not in this room sir. We believe another prophecy is about to happen." said the first council member
"Well then, get the door open and let's take a look."
One of the guards pressed a button hidden between two of the shelves and a shelf on the far side of the room swung open to reveal a larger corridor. They all walked down the corridor which was all rock with some cobwebs in the corners and a couple of sconces to light the way.
"This place reminds me of one of those Nord Burial Tombs. Those place give me the creeps. With all the skeletons and dragur walking those halls. And you never can tell when a dragur is dead or alive, it can be lying on a table or sitting in a chair and you can never tell whether it is genuinely dead or if it is just sleeping. You have to slash it with your sword and hope it doesn't get up for a mid-night snack." said one of the guards as they walked along
"I hear in some of those places if you can make it to the end, there are walls there written in dragon tongue and one of the words is very powerful and can only be unlocked by the Dragonborn." said another guard
"Hush, we are here." said one of the council members
The High Chancellor stepped out of the corridor into a medium-sized room about half as big as the Library of Scrolls. It may have been half as big but it was not very full. There were a few scrolls here and there but that was all.
"I guess not many prophecies have been foretold." thought the High Chancellor
"So, where is it?"
"Right there." said one of the council members pointing across the room
Across the room was a smaller corridor that quickly emptied into a small round area barely big enough for one person to fit in at a time. Sitting in the middle on a golden pedestal with gems and gold lining the walls was a bejeweled scroll. It looked significantly like an elder scroll, just not as elegant and sure to not make you blind. But sure enough it was emitting a glow and a humming sound came from it. It was as if it were a nirnroot disguised as a scroll.
"Well, let's take a look, shall we?"
The High Chancellor walked over to the scroll picked it up and read it. It said:
A Hero of Great Shall Soon become late
Solutions used will become mistakes made
A war of divine
and daedra rewind when
heroes return
And Tamriel burns.
The Chancellor froze for a minute and dropped the scroll.​
"Chancellor? Are you okay?" asked one of the guards drawing his sword ready to kill any evil spirit that may be attempting to possess the Chancellor​
"I- I'm fine. The prophecy...."​
"What does it say?" asked one of the council members​
"It is the last. All others have been carried out or stopped. It is time...." said the Chancellor​
"No.... Is it? What I think it is?" asked the guard who was sheathing his weapon​
"The Great Prophecy." Answered the Chancellor​
"Then a great war is coming." said a council member​
"And the end is here." said the Chancellor regaining his wits​

ultimatedovahkiin

Note: So I was able to get out the first chapter today it seems I had enough time to finish it before I had to go do some stuff but the next two chapters will probably not be out until tomorrow. I hope you enjoyed or if you haven't read it yet, enjoy chapter one. Coming up in the next couple chapters will be some familiar heroes and the story will take place from more than one person's point of view.

Harc

Big Hog
The planning and background detailing was excellent. The dialogue And details put into the story make it a literary masterpiece. I am upset that I had to stop reading it, you've earned a supporter and I will be subscribing to any post you make about this story, wonderful wonderful job!
(PS will the champion of cyrodiil be in the story?)

ultimatedovahkiin

The planning and background detailing was excellent. The dialogue And details put into the story make it a literary masterpiece. I am upset that I had to stop reading it, you've earned a supporter and I will be subscribing to any post you make about this story, wonderful wonderful job!
(PS will the champion of cyrodiil be in the story?)
Thank you! I've been planning this for a while and yes he will, just a little bit different.

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 2: The Death of a Hero
The Dragonborn was sitting in his bed at Lakeview Manor, a house he had built himself many years ago. When suddenly someone walked in. "Argon?" asked the person softly, "Are you awake?" "Yes, come in." said Argon, the Dragonborn The source of the voice walked in, it was Serana a vampire Argon had met in his adventures. They had many adventures together like trying to stop her father from blacking out the sun and allowing the vampires to roam freely whenever they wanted. If that happened then everyone would have been killed or made a vampire. They had succeeded in this quest and along the way they fell in love, they never actually got married but they lived together at Lakeview Manor ever since it had been built. Serana had cured herself of vampirism a few years ago so she would now age on. But the Dragonborn had aged past the way she looked and while she looked young even though she was very old, the Dragonborn seemingly outaged her. She had ditched wearing her armor everywhere when Argon had decided it was time to retire and stop the adventures because he was growing to old. So she now wore purple fine clothes that she had sent their steward Marlion, who was the son of their previous steward Reyya who and been killed in a bandit raid on the house, to go and buy for her from Radiant Raimnent in Solitude. She had finally decided to let her hair grow out, so it now fell past her shoulders and stopped half-way down her back. He long brown hair fell back in such a way it looked as if it were a waterfall of chocolate.
"A few people are here to see you." Serana said as she walked in the room followed by four other people.
In walked Sissel and her adopted sister Dorthe. Both had been adopted by Argon and they lived with him and Serana as a happy family along with their bard, carriage driver, and steward. Sissel had orginally already had a family when Argon met her at Rorikstead, but she was always beat by her father Lemkil and her sister Britte. It seemed that Lemkil would beat both his daughters, but his beatings were worse for Sissel. This angered Argon, and somehow for some reason one day Lemkil went crazy and went on a frenzy and he attacked the people of Rorikstead before slain by a whiterun guard himself. Nobody really knows why he decided to go on a killing frenzy but we can be sure it was not because of Argon. After Lemkil's death Sissel and Britte were sent to the Honorhall Orphanage in Riften. The old mean caretaker of that place had been killed about two years before they had been sent there. So, Argon taking pity on Sissel, especially since the beatings from Britte just got worse at the Orphanage, decided to adopt her and separate her from her sister. After she was old enough to move out she decided she would move to Whiterun, Argon gave her Breezehome for her to live there so she had some place to stay.
Dothe's parents Alvor and Sigrid, had both died in dragon attacks on the little village of Riverwood. They had both been close friends with Argon so as soon as they had died, Argon decided that he would adopt her. She happily accepted because she had warmed up to him soon after he had come to Riverwood after the dragon attack on Helgen. He had lived there for awhile and he played tag and hide-and-seek with Dorhe and her friend Frodnar almost every day he had live there. Dorthe had lived with them a long time like Sissel. When she was able to move out she went back to Riverwood to be the blacksmith since she owned the forge and her father was the old blacksmith.
After Sissel and Dorthe came their boyfriends Lars Battle-Born, who had had an amazing increase in strength and agility making him as strong as his father, and Frodnar who had become much more mature and did not play pranks on people anymore. The two boys had been introduced to each other when Dorthe decided to stay with Sissel in Whiterun for a vacation. Since then the two boys had been on a few adventures togteher seeking riches and fame. They had helped make the two girls very rich but the girls did not want to show it off and brag about it.
Dorthe was dating Frodnar and the two were supposed to be married next month. They had become friends again when Dorthe moved back to Riverwood, which Frodnat had inherited from his parents. Eventually the two fell in love and had been togther ever since. Sissel and Lars were an easy pair since they had both had no friends for a couple of years in their lives and they were both not all that strong at the time. The two were also supposed to be married right after Dorthe and Frodnar.
Both girls had grown up to be beautiful young women with Dorthe looking a little bit like Serana and Sissel kinda like Olffina Gray-mane. Both had long hair that stopped halfway down their backs like Serana's.
"Oh, hello girls. How are you?" asked Argon
"Hello Pa. Everything if fine, how are you feeling?" asked Dorthe
"Old. Time has finally come to take me away." said Argon
"No, Pa. Don't say that. You are not allowed to." said Sissel
"Hey, if you die. I will prank you." Frodnar joked
"Then you had better get your pranks ready."
"Come on Argon, you can't die you can do anything. I always knew that." said Lars
"I'm sorry. I know you would like it if I stayed, but I can't I have to move on. It is time." said Argon
"But, Pa, what will we do without you?" asked Sissel, "You took me in after my father died you gave me such a good life. And I was never able to repay you."
"You don't need me, you have Lars to take care of you. I know he would never let anything happen to you. Right Lars?" asked Argon
"Yes, sir. I will protect her until death." said Lars
"Good. And you have paid me back, you let me watch you grow up to be strong, amazing young women." said Argon trying to reassure everyone it would be okay.
"I'm glad I was able to meet you. And I promise I will protect Dorthe not only for Alvor and Sigrid anymore. But also for you." said Frodnar
"I'm glad I was able to meet you also, and I am glad you finally stopped being so annoying and mean. I know a lot of people that would like to have killed you." Argon joked... Or was he joking?
"Haha, always the comedian. Just make sure that when you die to tell all the heroes I said 'hey.'" said Frodnar
"And Serana. You were always an amazing person and I know you will do great without me. Watch over the manor for me please?" said Argon
"I promise I will protect it as best as I can." said Serana
"Good, then I guess it is time for me to go." said Argon
"Goodbye." said everyone in the room
"I hope to see you again someday." said Argon
"We will all miss you dearly." said Serana
"And I will miss you. Goodbye, until such a time as we might meet again." and with that Argon died.

ultimatedovahkiin

note: sorry this was such a boring chapter the next few should be better, this was just to explain the characters and for the Dragonborn to die. A chapter like this may come up again when the other heroes are brought in, in an upcoming chapter. Probably chapter four or five, possibly three. we will just have to see how that plays out.

Harc

Big Hog
note: sorry this was such a boring chapter the next few should be better, this was just to explain the characters and for the Dragonborn to die. A chapter like this may come up again when the other heroes are brought in, in an upcoming chapter. Probably chapter four or five, possibly three. we will just have to see how that plays out.
It was a good story that lead too the dragonborns death. Every story needs that one chapter without some sort of action. Once again great chapter!

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 3: Sovngarde
Argon stood in an area in which time seemed to stand still. All around him was the most beautiful place he had ever been it all around were beautiful plants, probably good for alchemy. There were paths snaking about, but the sky that was the best part. Looking up Argon saw streams of red, blue, purple, and white light streaming across the sky into the very middle where there was something that seemed to be a giant hole.

"The Heavens of Sovngarde" Argon thought
There was no sun but there was still light. Perhaps this was because of the presence of the divines giving off he light. Across from where he was standing there was a river that separated the part of land he was on, from some island with a big beautiful building on it. The building had gold all over the outside of it and the doors were gold. Stretching across the river was a bridge made of the back of a dragon. It would have been like nothing he had ever seen, but he had seen it. He had been here before, this was Sovngarde. This was where he battled the dragon Alduin to the death and saved the world. In fact, he was standing in the exact spot where he had been standing when had dealt the final blow to Alduin and the dragon died his essence flying into the giant hole in the sky. Suddenly nine figures appeared in front of Argon. One of them stepped forward.
"Hello Argon." said Akatosh
"Akatosh?" asked Argon
"Yes, it is me Akatosh Chief Diety of the Nine Divines."
"It is great to meet you, I have an amulet of you, I have one of all of you." said Argon
"That isn't the only thing of mine you have, you have something that actually belonged to me." said Akatosh
Argon reached behind him and felt a bow and a quiver full of arrows. He hadn't had that when he died, he was wearing the emperor's robes, you don't want to know how he got them. He looked at his hands and feet he was wearing his dragonbone gauntlets and dragonbone boots. He looked at his armor, the Ebony Mail of Boethiah. He felt his face, he was wearing a mask. He removed it and looked at it. It was the Dragon Priest mask Konahrik. Normally, wearing these clothes wouldn't surprise him it was the armor he wore when he would go on adventures. But he hadn't died wearing this. He checked his back his sword the Bloodskaal Blade was there strapped to his back. He checked his side and hanging there was Chillrend.
"How?" he asked
"When you die, if you were honored like you are the armor you wore as an adventurer is what you are wearing you are also made young again if you were old. You have the option to stay young or go back to looking old." explained Arkay
"I'll stay young." answered Argon
"Most people choose that." said Arkay
"Well here." Argon unequipped Auriel's bow and held it out for Akatosh since, Akatosh was Auriel except when he was Akatosh he wasn't elven.
"Keep it, it is a good weapon for you. Besides, I have another." said Akatosh and he showed Argon his other bow.
"Well thank you. So why am I here? I am a Breton not a Nord." asked Argon politely confused

"Yes, that is true, but you are so honored we decided to make an exception and allow you to reside in Sovngarde as Tsun promised when you departed from here last time." explained Talos
"Talos... I can't believe I finally get to meet you, this is quite an honor." said Argon
"The pleasure is all mine, I knew you would make a good dragonborn, I just didn't expect you to be so good that you would bring about the longest period of peace Tamriel has ever seen." said Talos awed
"Well this is great and all, but we should check that he is worthy enough to go into Sovngarde, it is tradition even though he has brought peace to Tamriel." said Mara
"Yes, you are right. Julianos, that is your job since you are the god of wisdom." said Dibella
"Alright, look into the Heavens of Sovngarde please." said Julianos pointing to the giant hole in the sky
They all looked into the whole and saw events of Argons life playing in it. It showed him killing Alduin, battling Harkon to stop him from blacking out the sun, it also showed the battle with Miraak. There were countless parts where it showed him killing dragons and saving cities. It showed him rescuing people from kidnappers. It showed him earning the daedras' trust so that he can get their artifacts and then as their champion convince them to not mess with the mortals anymore.
Finally, it ended with Argon's death at Lakeview Manor. They all stopped looking into the hole and Arkay announced that Argon was worthy of being in Sovngarde and entering the Hall of Valor. The gods celebrated that yet another person was allowed access to the Hall of Valor, they all thanked Argon for being such a great hero and then they led watched as he walked to the doors of the Hall of Valor. Right as he put his hand on the handle, an arrow flew past Argon's head and embedded itself into the wall. Argon stopped and turned around. Then, the daedra started attacking.

ultimatedovahkiin

note: if I keep working at this pace, there is a possibility I may get through chapter five out today I might just stop at chapter four and get five out tomorrow along with six and seven.

Harc

Big Hog
note: if I keep working at this pace, there is a possibility I may get through chapter five out today I might just stop at chapter four and get five out tomorrow along with six and seven.
Sounds like all hell is going to break loose in sovenguarde. The daedra do not know what is coming to them.

ultimatedovahkiin

Sounds like all hell is going to break loose in sovenguarde. The daedra do not know what is coming to them.
haha yeah it is. I'm going to start writing that chapter in a little bit so it should be out in a few hours. then i'll get the next few out tomorrow.

Harc

Big Hog
haha yeah it is. I'm going to start writing that chapter in a little bit so it should be out in a few hours. then i'll get the next few out tomorrow.
Awesome! There is no rah so please take your time, I understand story writing can be difficult. But your imagination and creativity is what keeps you going!

ultimatedovahkiin

Awesome! There is no rah so please take your time, I understand story writing can be difficult. But your imagination and creativity is what keeps you going!
thanks :) you really have made me want to keep writing this. I was thinking of doing like 2 chapters a day but thanks to you i now want to do more.

ultimatedovahkiin

Do as many as you want too, there is no rush. I have until the 9th of jan. before the 2nd semester starts,
alright, this is probably going to be done buy then if i work as fast as i have been but it is also christmas so i might be gone a few days and not be able to get as many

ultimatedovahkiin

Thats fine, I really like this story
thanks I am just now starting chapter 4 so it will be done in like and hour to an hour and a half

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts