Solving the Mystery of the Disappearing Dwarves

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

William the Conquerer

Master Warrior of the Sword
*Hey guys, this is my first shot at a Skyrim fan fic. Please forgive me if it's not very good. Thanks.*

A cold wind blows through Windhelm, a city seemingly cursed with an eternal winter. I have journeyed throughout Tamriel searching for information about the Dwarven race, in hopes of discovering the extinction of one of the greatest races ever to roam Nirn. My search has sent me to my homeland of Skyrim, and I've wound up in Windhelm, awating the arrival of two old friends: an Orc named Largus Mar, and an Imperial scholar named Redaria Statlilius. My name is Godrel Hrothgar, and I'm searching for the mystery of the disappearing race.

Sitting in the local inn, nicknamed Candlehearth Hal, drinking a bottle of mead, I begin to wonder if these years of research are all leading up to disappointment. While the people I've met have been interesting, I haven't been able to stop to make many true friends, although I have made a few. MY thought chain is broken, though, when I turn up the bottle to have nothing come out. I realize my mead is gone, and just as I am about to order another, a male voice behind me says "You won't get anywhere drunk."

I turn to see a Breton in blue mage robes with his arms crossed. One of the few friends I have made, his name is Faric. I met him after a journey to High Rock searching for a tome about the location of a Dwarven ruin, although when I reached the tome's supposed location, I was greeted by Faric, who told me the tome was destroyed in a recent fire. I've seen good liars, but Faric wasn't one. After persuading him to give me the tome, which he had all along, we journeyed together for a few more months before parting paths on the 5th of Hearthfire. Faric was the same height as me, yet a little skinnier, His brownish-blonde hair barely poked out from the brim of his hood, and his blue-green eyes were like the Sea of Ghosts, and were just as mysterious. He sits down next to me, and hands me a blue bottle, the same size and shape as a normal mead bottle.

"What are you doing in Skyrim? And what's this?" I ask him quizzically.

"I'm here because I heard you're still hunting for the reason the dwarves disappeared and I had to see for myself. The bottle is a special mead I brewed, using magic to super chill the mead, and I added a special ingredient that reduces the drunken effect." He replies.

I look the bottle up and down, and place it in my pocket.

"Thanks. I'll save it for later."

"Who are you waiting for Godrel?"

"How did you know I was waiting for somebody?"

"I didn't. Till now. Who is it?"

"You always were good at worming information out of people. An Orc and an Imperial scholar."

"Names?"

"Largus Mar and Redaria Statlilius."

He looks dead at me when hearing Redaria's name.

"What's wrong Faric?" I ask him tentatively.

"I know her. She-"

Before he can finish, a female voice from behind him boasts, "Is standing right behind you, so I'd be careful on what you say next."

Redaria, wearing a set of Imperial red robes, albeit with no hood. She leans against a nearby post, and looks at me. She is shorter than myself and Faric, but she is very, ahem, well gifter in her physical properties. Her long red hair blends in with her robes, along with her deep brown eyes that seem to read you like a book. I met her on a trip to Imperial City after leaving High Rock, where she and I spent many hours combing through tomes, looking for any hint as to where the Dwarves went, but nothing turned up.

"Godrel, good to see you again, my friend."

"Same here Redaria." I say turning around on my stool to face her. "Have you heard from Largus?"

"He's here. Infact we met up in Dawnstar. He should be here by-"

Just then, an Orc of large stature burst into the inn, drenched in sweat.

"Largus, what did you do now?" I ask while standing up to go greet him.

His deep voice almost shook me.

"Let's just say Windhelm guards don't like my kind."

I approach him and shake his hand. His body frame is almost twice mine, and his green eyes could kill someone with a mere gaze. He spoke like a Greybeard shouted, deeply and powerfully. I had met him after boarding a ship to Cyrodill, where we spent quite a long time together on the ship, telling tales of adventure and mystery.

"Well, now that we're all here, rent a room and get some rest. Our journey begins tomorrow morning."

In between breaths, Largus asked, "Where are we going?'

"To Markarth, a city built by the Dwarves. We'll speak with someone named Calcelmo, the Jarl's court wizard. He's been studying just as long as I have, if not longer. Goodnight all."

I retreated to my room and laid down. My journey started anew tomorrow...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Characters:
(Big thanks to ApollyonYagami for the screenshots. You are awesome brother!)

Godrel:oSjua90s.jpg
Faric:aCakckSs.jpg
Redaria:74A2PB0s.jpg
Largus:ivSaWsbs.jpg

William the Conquerer

Good story so far, and I like the concept of it, too. Can't wait for the next chapter :)

EDIT: This is just constructive criticism: throughout the whole story, you should always stay in the same tense. It's either past or present tense, not both.
Thank you. Ill take the advice to heart. I changed tenses for flashback effect, but thanks

William the Conquerer

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts