Sneaking and Pulling/luring target out of combat zone

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jbcarey

Hey,

I found this video VERY helpful in terms of understanding how to "effectively" sneak. Also the explanation of how the archery sneaking works helped me a lot. I hope other's find this equally handy.

Slow Rider

That is a great find Jbcarey. Thank you so much for sharing it. I am pretty much an archer, and I had a general sense of the enemy AI, but this lays it out very well. Strongly recommend other archers watch this.

Jbcarey

That is a great find Jbcarey. Thank you so much for sharing it. I am pretty much an archer, and I had a general sense of the enemy AI, but this lays it out very well. Strongly recommend other archers watch this.

If you liked that video of his, he's got some other awesome video's as (for instande see my footer)... But it's geared a lot towards mages.

Necromis

I know this might be thread necromancy but actually reading this one for the first time. I would love a text version of this information in this guide as I have limited bandwidth and can't watch the vidieo

Jbcarey

I know this might be thread necromancy but actually reading this one for the first time. I would love a text version of this information in this guide as I have limited bandwidth and can't watch the vidieo

I shall attempt to write up a tutorial about this (although it's not my own video)... But I truly believe this is one of the best archery and sneak tutorials out there.

Jbcarey

Necromis,

what the video comes down two is three major tips and tricks...

1: Sneaking and blades:
sometimes you want to clear out a room, pick of targets one by one so that you are not outnumbered 5 to one. What you do is, sneak as far as possible and attack. If however you are spotted by an enemy you will want to 'lure' him out, stay in sneak mode, pull back till the last known safe zone and kill him there, he will be chasing you, yes, but other enemies won't. you can use this technique over and over again till all enemies are taken care off.

2 sneaking and archery:
Archery and sneaking is very handy for picking off enemies one by one and remaining at a safe distance. What you need is two 'area's'.... One attack position and one hiding spot. You will want both of these to be around 10meters/15yards away from each other.
Sneak into your attack zone, fire an arrow and 'escape' to your hiding spot (stay in sneak and don't move). The AI wil generally go straight to your attack zone, and will not look any further in the room.
Wait until enemies return to their posts and move into attackzone again and fire another arrow (or two if you are fast enough). DO NOT FIRE FROM THE SAFE ZONE AS THIS WILL COMPROMISE THE SAFE ZONE!!!!

3 Aggressive Pulling/sneak Archery.
To pull of an aggressive sneak archery shot, you must wait till the guards return to their spots and fire, return to safe zone, till wil search '10 seconds', return and then you move ahead 10mtrs take a few shots and QUICKLY move back into your safe zone.

Necromis

great, thanks for the reply. It is definately a help with the walk thru text. I normally do the sniping on the mobs, but never thought to have a safe spot vs attack spot to protect myself. It will definately help. I just finished the Wolf Queen and that was a rough one.

Jbcarey

It's a couple of months later and I have to say, people, still a very handy guide and one that a lot of 'newbie' archers £AND assassins have to master....

Oh, and one detail... for all these technique's to work effectively, leave yer follower at home... ;-)

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
Still one of my favorite ways of entering combat I keep iron and falmer arrows just for this activity.

Jbcarey

I love your accent, JB. Your videos show you play as a Kajiit which fits so well.

SOar Tueth, Although I'd love to take credit for this, I can't.... This is a russian guy (mike pushkin?) that make's all these awesome video's... Just had to shae this one as it's one that make's such a difference for an archer....

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
This makes me feel pretty good because I've always played exactly like that with my stealth characters. Yay, I'm doing something right!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts