• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Hey guys, i have a problem with my game. It is running too fast, in interiors. The exteriors are fine but when i go into a room, the game freaks out.... It's running too fast, i can't speak to nobody because the sound is 2x slower that text. At first, Skyrim was running too slow. Then i cleaned my PC. And now it is too fast! I'm even usin win2000 launcher to make it go slower but it isn't working. Help!

Ok/ so it seems that it only freaks out in small sectors, not small rooms. When i'm in a shop, it's fine. But when i'm in a complex building with millions of smal rooms and stuff it goes way too fast. Help, i really want to play Skyrim! :sadface:

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Give this a try:

Minimize hardware acceleration on your computer and check if it works.
1. Minimize all opened windows, than right click on the desktop, then click on Personalize and select Display Settings.
2. In the Display Settings dialog box, click Advanced Settings than click the Troubleshoot tab and select Change Settings.
3. Now Click Continue if you are prompted with a User Account Control message box.
4. On the resulting Display Adapter Troubleshooter dialog box, move the slider one notch to the left and click OK.
5. Click OK as many times as needed and close any windows that opened along the way.

You can try to turn off Vertical synchronization (VSYNC) in game settings.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Hmm this is weird. I would try re-installing my graphics driver if I were you. If that doesn't work, come back and let me know.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Wow that's really weird. I would check and see if it happens with any other game because there could be a problem with your graphics card.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Hmm, so you re-installed the driver and played and it worked fine, then when you wanted to play again later it was back to running too fast? Tell me, did anything at all change in between then? Any new programs or mods or anything?

Can mods damage my performance? I could never think of that! I'll try tomorrow because right now it's 03:15 AM here (Poland). But if it won't help i'll post again, thanks.

Teklila

Hey guys, I found a fix that worked for me, just wanted to add it here, because nothing in this thread helped for me. I had the newest graphics drivers for my vid card, but my game was running in fast-forward, and none of the suggestions I found on any forums fixed it. A while back, I'd had a message pop up asking if I wanted to let Steam keep my graphics drivers updated. I declined, because I prefer to handle this stuff myself, and as I said, I'd already updated to the newest drivers. A few days later, I started having this "game running too fast" problem. Today, I went to http://store.steampowered.com/hardware/amd and allowed it to "update" my drivers. And now Skyrim works perfectly again. This only works for AMD, but if that's what you're running, and if nothing else helps, give it a shot.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts