Skyrim on Linux, Razor1911 installer problem(window is white inside, i can't install)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ChrisElf

Hey guys.
I really wanna play Skyrim.
Well, i downloaded it, the Razor1911.
But here's the thing - i have Linux Ubuntu.
Skyrim does work on Linux with Wine, there are videos about it , how to install it and so on.
But mostly videos about how to install it when you have a CD.
Well, mine is mounted.
So, when i click 'Install.exe'(opening it with Wine) then, the Razor1911 installer box comes up, but it's white inside, or has taken the picture in the background. I can't click anything.A picture:
1zz04g9.png

So, i need that installation.
I have just updated to Linux Ubuntu 11.10 version, i hope somebody here knows about Linux and Skyrim.

Well, please help.
If you're wondering that why won't i just buy it. Well i'm 14 years old and i don't have that kind of money at the moment.

(Sorry if there are some grammatic mistakes or something, i'm not English)
Thanks ahead ! :)
Also reply if you know some other way how to install the game :)

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Why do you have Linux? o_O Anyway there's only a couple of linux distributions I know work well with wine+razor and Ubuntu is not high on that list. You might want to consider a dual OS setup.

ChrisElf

I have Linux because this laptop came with Linux Ubuntu OS. And my dad didn't want to spend money on Win 7 which isn't that cheap. And he also doesn't belive in pirating a OS, because there might be some big problems and other stuff. And he also said that Ubuntu is acctually a good OS. Which it acctually is. Except the gaming part.
So anyways, that's why i have Linux, not Windows. I have thought of downloading Windows and trying to install, but i thought that maybe it'll go wrong and i'll get it trouble.lol

Oh, and how do i set up a dual OS?
Maybe i really am gonna do it, but for that i need a decent,working pirated version of Win7.
And a guide/instructions how to do it.

But for now, lets try to solve the problem on my Linux Ubuntu :)
Does anyone know how to fix it ? ;)

deltharac

Hi Chris,

Well the program interface cant be properly displayed but thats not a problem as once u invoke window the install button automatically gains focus so all you have to do is to hit enter and it will do the job. The default destination dir is .wine/<drive>/Program Files/The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim so from there you can verify whether installer is making progress or not.

cheers

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Thanks for your help Zazz, but I don't think Chris will be coming back to the forums. I think he wanted a quick answer and didn't get it so he quit us.

Nillerz

No, you just gave a really plopsty answer, Finalchrono.

"Why do you use Linux?" is a plopsty answer.

Also, saying that the most popular and widely support linux distro is not likely to run it through Wine is just ignorant. Stop pretending that you know anything about anything.

YEAH I BUMPED THIS plops BAN ME FOR IT.

Anthrax

Revenant of Shadows
No, you just gave a really pl***ty answer, Finalchrono.

"Why do you use Linux?" is a pl***ty answer.

Also, saying that the most popular and widely support linux distro is not likely to run it through Wine is just ignorant. Stop pretending that you know anything about anything.

YEAH I BUMPED THIS pl*** BAN ME FOR IT.

lolld.jpg

billgatesh.jpg

rbillgatesgmaillarge570.jpg

You are an idiot.

Why do you have Linux? o_O Anyway there's only a couple of linux distributions I know work well with wine+razor and Ubuntu is not high on that list. You might want to consider a dual OS setup.

I don't see any "plopsty" answer here.

He never said it won't work properly with Wine, he said RAZOR AND WINE Razor is a pirated version and does not come with an installer. Douchbag.

He's right. Any Linux user knows Ubuntu sucks for gaming.

Distros for gaming are Linux Mint, Gentoo (If compiled properly for gaming), Suse

The best OS for gaming is :eek: WINDOWS!!!!!!!!! Because all games on the market are coded for NT! You Dipplops.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts