• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Have any of you guys ever used the Skyrim Mod Combiner?

How is it? Does it require a lot of GPU power and VRAM?

What about using the lighter textures with the mod?

TheNatural

I used this back when it was called the texture pack combiner. It doesn't inherently affect GPU usage or VRAM, it's what you put into the combiner that will determine that. I suggest making sure you know exactly what you are combining before going through with it. On my old rig, I popped in just about every pack I could, and let the combiner decide for me, and in areas where they used a lot of Serious HD Retexture stuff, I would have major issues. If you have a great computer though, it's an amazing resource and can save you hours of research trying to figure out which mods you should have overwrite one another.

JoeReese

I've never used any combiner, but I was just looking at information yesterday for a few mods I was thinking of combining. After reading the various forums and such, I opted to just keep the meshes and textures, and recreate the smaller mod in the bigger one. The discussions I found leaned heavily toward "more trouble than it's worth."

I've never used any combiner, but I was just looking at information yesterday for a few mods I was thinking of combining. After reading the various forums and such, I opted to just keep the meshes and textures, and recreate the smaller mod in the bigger one. The discussions I found leaned heavily toward "more trouble than it's worth."

What discussions?

JoeReese

Wherever popped up in the google search on how + combine + mods + creation + kit. I know at least one was a nexus thread, and one was something like gamertalk? The thing that stood out in my mind was the mention of conflicts that can occur. You may arrive at a different conclusion, if you're better at that stuff than I am, but for me it looks easier to just redo manually. Of course, I don't have giant mods, so that's a consideration too.

Wherever popped up in the google search on how + combine + mods + creation + kit. I know at least one was a nexus thread, and one was something like gamertalk? The thing that stood out in my mind was the mention of conflicts that can occur. You may arrive at a different conclusion, if you're better at that stuff than I am, but for me it looks easier to just redo manually. Of course, I don't have giant mods, so that's a consideration too.

These are about the specific mod Skyrim Mod Combiner? Or the earlier version Texture Pack Combiner?

JoeReese

Hmmm...good question. I was searching for feedback on the process. I didn't have a particular program in mind, just whether it was a good thing to try. They may very well have made one that changes everything people were talking about in those forums. I don't know. I'm sorry.

I have used SMC quite a bit. It is the best texture replacement mod in my opinion because you dont have to worry about which textures overwrite which when installing texture mods. As long as you research what textures to use and you have a good understanding of computer hardware then you wont have any troubles. I wouldnt use it however if I had less than 2gb of Vram. Too many of the textures are 2k or above and require a lot of Vram. The game however looks better than anything on the market to this day with this tool.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts